• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Mask Of Reality Revealed {Based Off Persona5 // OPEN // ACCEPTING}

Nothingness

Two Thousand Club
** (WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS OF INFORMATION ON PERSON 5) **

(READ FIRST)

So, first off before I state anything about this idea of the persona rp I am wishing to create. I'd like to state that I have only currently played Persona 5 (haven't finished it.) and I'm going to be mostly drawing most of my ideas off of that.
HOWEVER, anyone that has much further knowledge of this series and such I completely welcome more ideas and such from other the other games or even the series(haven't watched it but plan to.). So without further ado let me explain my ideas for this roleplay that is somewhat based off the idea of Persona 5.

-----------

I am thou, thou art I..
Thou has acquired a new vow

It shall become the wings of rebellion
That breakth thy chains of captivity

With the birth of thy persona
I have obtained the winds of blessing that
shall lead to freedom and new power...

As known to all of those who are able to use the application known as the Metaverse Navigator; there are people all over the world who have different desires and ambitions and when one person's desires and ambitions become strong enough they will eventually create what is known as a 'palace' of their own where they rule over everything within this place to their own will. This tending to create what are known as 'shadows' that roam the interior of said palace that obey the order of that one ruler over the palace in every way they demand. Whenever a palace is created a 'treasure' is also formed that the ruler holds dearly to them that keeps the entire palace stabilized within the metaverse, the treasure is also known to be the 'heart' of the said person who has the deep desire or ambition for something. So when the 'treasure' is stolen, the said person will tend to end up reverting from their desires and end up admitting their faults in the end if stolen correctly.

Aside from this, although it may need to be a strong ambitious desire for one person to be able to create a place known as a palace. There is also another world that is connected to the metaverse, this one being known as Mementos; in this world it is not the desires and ambitions of one but rather it is the combination of all of human kind mixed together to form a sort of 'second' reality where the shadows roam wherever they wish whenever they wish and the ambitions and desires of anyone and everyone is fully aware but separated into different parts of the world. Of course, these people are much less dangerous than those who have higher desires to form palaces but yet should still not be underestimated because of this. These people can be also reverted from their ways of their dark desires and ambitious ways as well before it becomes too powerful, however it is unavoidable most of the time that battle will most likely need to be done due to them soon enough turning into their true form if they are told to do something they do not wish to do.

With all this information, those who traverse into the metaverse to steal the 'hearts' of those who are ambitious and have the dark desires are normally known as Phantoms. These people are normally ordinary citizens; normally around their mid to late teenage years if not in their early adulthoods of around their early twenties, although they may have their own desires as well; normally enough people like this have much more pure desires and eventually have what is known as a 'Persona' end up making a contract with them. This allowing them to achieve a power through a mask that they may remove to reveal their persona to assist them against the shadows and people with their dark desires within the metaverse.

Originally, as thought by all phantoms and even the shadows and those within the metaverse that this power could only be used in the other world. Strangely though, as the years have gone by and Phantoms came up and ended up going down one after another with time; slowly but surely the distortion between the worlds of the metaverse and reality itself had began to twist itself together. This cause of this had been unknown at the time but many Phantoms had searched for the reasoning of this only to come up with no answers whatsoever; eventually enough, it was only a matter of time that the distortion of worlds had gotten bad enough that even shadows of the metaverse had began to surely leak into the real world; those with high desires such as those with palaces may had been fine to control these shadows, however those who weren't powerful enough were either killed off or forcibly turned into shadows as well or even slaves.
The phantoms, who were once only able to use their powers within the metaverse world had also been affected by this distortion, this causing their power of their persona to be able to even begin being used even within reality at this point. Still, due to the distortion; there are still many parts of the world where reality still r remains completely intact and life continues on normally due to very few people knowing about what is going on.

OOC || Characters

Last edited:
RULES

>> No god modding whatsoever.

>> Absolutely no one is allowed to play as any of the actual members of the Phantom Thieves. However, you allowed to play as them as NPCs all over and are allowed to become part of their group as Phantom Thieves. OR you can make your own group; however you must inform me about this to make another section for this.

>> Profiles that I have reviewed and accepted will be 'Liked'. So if I 'like' your profile, you're accepted and free to post.

>> If anyone has ideas of what can be added to make the roleplay better or removed due to it being pointless, do let me know. I welcome all different sorts of ideas.

>> Romance & Violence is encouraged but obviously keep it to the site's acceptance of their ToS.

>> Swearing and heavy language is completely allowed, just obviously do not go full out overboard with it.

>> Please do try to post once every so few days just to make sure that it is known that you are still interested into the roleplay. I also work so during the day I will be unable to post.

>> If you're going to be gone for a long period of time, do inform me so that I know not to kick you out of the roleplay after a certain amount of time of inactivity.

>> Rules will be added or removed as deemed necessary.

>> Have fun!! :3

JXkTbTs.jpg
Hiroshi Yoshimitsu

Time: Afterschool
Date: 21st November; Friday
Tags: Bornlucky Bornlucky Have You Ever Tasted Sand Have You Ever Tasted Sand Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Susanoo Susanoo Misuteeku Misuteeku gogojojo331 gogojojo331 Scrubnoppon Scrubnoppon Maki Maki Quiet Quiet

((The Roleplay Has Officially begun.))

Exhaling a deep breath several times while he stood completely still with his legs firmly together as well as his hands clasped close towards his chest, keeping his single orange reddish eye closed due to the other being replaced with an eyepatch; a young male had remained silent while he stood behind Shujin academy at the large grass field where the track team normally ran for practice. With all the many different students protesting against the idea that there wasn't any track team; the principle had finally come down to the choice that it was needed to remake it after so many students had wished for it. Today however wasn't a day that the team was going to go for practice so this gave this one young male time to practice his own things while he had the entire field to himself for the time being.
As the minutes had gone by and nothing more than silence and the wind blowing some of the male's golden hair out of his face, moments later he would immediately begin to swing his arms in several different motions along with his entire body in many different ways. This was simply nothing more than him training his Wushu to make sure that he wouldn't become rusty at any point; the last thing he wished to do was to grow weak in his fighting and return to the temple and dojo only to be expected to practice with his masters and come to find that he had not improved in anyway while he had been at school.

Spending several minutes constantly doing so, when the sounds of chatter rang through the blonde male's ears; he quickly halted himself in the middle of his training only to reopen his eye and come to face the direction that he had overheard voices approach from. Come to find that the ones speaking was none other than two teachers stepping out from the back entrance of the academy only to come and find that one of their students was in the back of the school alone; finding this rather suspicious, the male teacher had decided to be the one to approach the blonde male to question him first. "What are you doing here, Hiroshi Yoshimitsu? School is over for the day. You shouldn't be here after the school closes." Being demanded of an answer by the male teacher, Hiroshi had only kept silent before fully nodding his head without another word to the teacher. Immediately, without bothering to waste any further time to be questioned by the teacher; the blonde male had calmly made his way over to grab his small bag before simply heading off to leave the grounds of the academy just to return to the temple.

(Bleh..bad first post..)

A light breeze drifted through the air on a cool November day. The sun's warm light did well to stave off the impending cold of winter. The sounds of every day life rang through the air: footsteps, idle chatter, cars honking, a cough here or there. It was a fast-paced peace. Citizens were more than content to continue the cycle of their daily life, over and over again. It was the natural order of things.

Ian's eyes snapped open as the train squealed to a halt. With a slight groan he stretched his arms up into the air before scratching his head. It was rare to get a seat on such a crowded train, especially at this hour. He had intended to spend the free time reading, but his body had other plans. Finally standing up, Ian headed towards the door to the train car and exited the station.

His job had gone well today. It was a simple one, after all. Follow around some corporate big wig who had gotten his hands a bit too dirty. Ian was told to keep the mark safe, but there were no threats to begin with. Chalking it up as the paranoia of an old man, he went through with the job, got his pay, and headed home.

An assortment of trivial thoughts passed through his head as he walked. What should I have for dinner? Did the new issue of that manga come out today? Does that dude really think he looks cool in that? Tuning back in to reality, Ian realized how far he had actually walked in such a short amount of time. He passed his old school, Shujin Academy. From what he could tell, it looked the same as it did last year. The building looks the same, so I wonder if... Ah-ha!

A wide grin spread across Ian's face as he approached a vending machine directly across the street from the school gates. After searching for a moment, he found what he was looking for: a bottle of pink lemonade. It was part of his morning ritual to get one every day before classes started. It never failed to pick him up in the morning. He placed a few coins in the machine, then selected his drink.

Then, just as the bottle starts to dispense, it gets stuck. Ian let out an annoyed grunt as he began tapping the machine, to no avail. "Come on, you son of a bitch!"

Ian then began to slam on the machine, rocking it on it's foundation until eventually, the drink fell into the dispensing slot. Reaching inside, he pulled out his bottle and took a victorious sip. One woman was staring at him, but she quickly walked away when he shot her a vicious glare. Placing the bright pink bottle in his pocket, Ian sat on a near by bench and leaned his head back. His payment from today was enough to keep him fed for at least two weeks. How am I gonna spend the time? Oh well, I'll think of something.

The darkness of her room was enough for Murano as she searched through the web. Things were sticky these days with her parents arguing day and night. While she tried to be calm during the ordeal she always had to retreat back into her room. Searching through the webs were fairly calming but one of the hot topics caught her interests. The site that was referred to the Phan-Site. Of course maybe it was just coincidence but maybe the phantom thieves used the Meta-Verse? Nah totally impossible, Murano thought as she knew the capabilities of the Meta-Verse. Deciding it was done being angsty she got up and quietly exited outside. Exiting outside of her house, quietly. Her destination was the subway, as she slowly walked towards there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back