• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Marvel Rp

ChibiMonkey

Why stop dreaming when you wake up?
3dfinal.jpg

Name: Maeve Aisphal
Race: Ice Elf
Home: Alfheim
Powers: Aside from how the light elves in general are known for their speed and strength, being from the Ice Elf tribe, Maeve is also skilled in using the elemental ability of Ice, and in turn, can also manipulate water into ice.
Bio: Daughter of a diplomatic official from Alfheim. She is used to traveling with her father to different worlds on buisiness since young, since he is a single parent and raised her by himself, she often had to accompany him, not that she ever minded. Due to this she met and became friends with people on different worlds, becoming particularly close with Thor and Loki as they often saw each other a lot due to good and close relations between Alfheim and Asgard, she and her father often visited there.​

Last edited:
Childhood had long since past, but Loki Odinson still held the boyish charm he had over a century ago. In the gardens of the palace he called home, he crept along the growing grass, signature trickster grin in place. At his side, a slim form followed his lead, pale hands supporting herself. They were silently creeping behind the bushes that bordered the paths of the grounds. Shoulders pressing into one another due to their closeness, the young prince moved aside some of the shrubbery to peak at the fountain where his older brother resided, history book in hand. Their mother had been increasingly strict on Thor's studies, ensuring her older son that he needed to know their land's ancestry to ensure he could be diplomatic. The hot headed blonde had reluctantly agreed, ignoring Loki's grin over the table when their mother mentioned his younger brother's success at conversing with the diplomats from foreign lands. Thor had paid his petulance back by beating him to a pulp while sparring over a week ago. Their mother had been none-too-pleased upon hearing of the tale or noticing the black eye her younger son had received. So, the rash blonde's punishment was to spend his days reading everything and anything to do with Asgardian history.

Grin in place, Loki raised his hand to his chest, shutting his eyes as he concentrated on the form he wished to take. A warm stirring in his fingertips caused him to blink his eyes open, glancing up in triumphant upon noticing the feminine robes that clothed his now sensuous form. Blinking his lashes, he glanced up at his childhood friend, Maeve, with false flirtation. "Oh, hello there. I'm Nesryn, daughter of high noble Jeberson. I'm really attractive, but I have the attention span of a beetle. Look at me~" The words sounded akin to his personality, but the sugary-sweet tone of a woman was heard. The muffled laughter that arose from the girl before him caused him to hide his own chuckles of amusement behind his hands. Delicate brows wagging upwards, he wiggled his shoulders in a poor mimic of charm. The original highborn girl was always so stiff and formal that any exaggeration of her face was comical.

"Nothing is wrong with my illusion, I presume?" He asked his friend quickly, releasing some of his apprehension at the shake of her head. He chose to take a calming breath before crawling several more paces towards the path. He was quick to slip on the stone path, patting down the skirts that framed the illusion's hips. He was quiet as he moved towards the fountain, hands clasped together innocently before he paused several steps away from the older boy before him. Daintily, the illusion cleared her throat.

This caught the attention of the blonde prince, who promptly jumped and caused the book in his hands to fall into the water behind him. Covering the illusion's mouth in mock dismay, he glanced away with pretend wariness. Now was the time for him to put his theater lessons to good use. "Prince Thor! I'm so sorry; I did not wish to alarm you." Smiling lightly, he watched his brother stand and offer an easy grin, shrugging his shoulders with disinterest. "No worries, my dear. I've already read it before; it is no great loss to me." Not likely, Loki thought crossly at the loss of such an interesting tome. Moving forward, the illusion sat down breezily, skirts flaring out before her. Thor was quick to find a spot at his side, closer that publicly-accepted. The young prince chose not to comment, knowing he had to act flirtatious enough to invoke his older brother's interest. "How marvelous. I've always like a man who bothers to keep himself informed. In fact-" He pretended to feel bashful, averting her gaze as if she were suddenly shy. "I've always found you the better looking prince, my lord." He whispered, blinking up at his brother flirtatiously, despite how nauseous the whole affair left him feeling. The young blonde did not look abashed; he looked quiet pleased at the sudden attention of such a 'pretty noble girl'.

"Oh, really?" His brother inquired, charming smile as he blatantly looked over the young woman before him. "Then, if I may say, you are one of the most beautiful creatures I have ever laid eyes on." Smiling charmingly, the illusion shifted forwards with another flutter of her lashes. Inside, he cringed. If his brother so much as leaned another inch forward, he was going to clobber the oaf.

"Oh, my prince." He crooned instead, the girl's voice high and flirtatious. Loki watched through cerulean eyes as his brother swelled with pride at the attention. "How forward of you." Inside, the young Asgardian was dying with laughter and disgust. Flirtation was an art and yet here his brother stood, using ridiculous cliches that somehow worked on the women he wooed. It all left him with a bitter taste in his mouth. "If I may be so bold, I would be so happy to have your attention this evening. Perhaps you could ask me to dance? It would bring me great joy to be seen with you." It was easy to predict just how much Thor would rush to agree to the request. "Absolutely." He spoke, reaching forward to cup the illusion's cheeks. Sending a panicked glance towards the shrubbery where his friend resided, he offered his best coy smile, knowing it looked more like a grimace.

Luckily, the sight of a figure at the entrance of the palace was enough to deter his brother's attempts at any more intimate touch. The messenger swiftly moved towards the pair. Upon reaching them, he bent at the waist as he relied the words he had been told. "Prince Thor, your mother requires you attendance within the royal library." The man stood, eyes downcast. Wincing, Thor stood quickly. Ducking his head, he nodded wordlessly. The man was off, leaving the duo alone once more. As if realizing he wasn't by himself, Thor glanced down at the illusion with an embarrassed grin. "I shall. Thank you for your sweet words. I will most definitely ask for you to dance with tonight. Perhaps my bed will not be so lonely tonight." Winking cheekily, the blonde swept into a dramatic bow before turning on his heel to head towards the palace.

He watched his brother walk towards the entrance, offering a delicate wave of his hand at the bashful glance he received from the blonde. As soon as his form had disappeared through the doors that led into the castle, Loki let the illusion drop, leaving the raven-haired boy standing where the young woman had once stood. Tears streaming from his eyes, the young prince cackled, completely overcome with mirth. He collapsed backwards where his older brother had once sat, clutching at his stomach. "That dolt!" He couldn't help but cry out through his howls, going so far to slap his knee.

Wiping at his eyes, he glanced over to the bush he had left his companion, only to break out into hysterics once more upon noticing his companion laughing just as hard. Standing, he moved to mimic his brother's movements; leaning back, he offered the young light elf an overly done smirk. "Perhaps my bed will not be so lonely tonight." The face he made after the words was one of pure disgust. The giggles that rose through the air caused him to bend forward, clutching his knees as he continued to howl with laughter. "Oh Gods, that pompous oaf is in for a surprise tonight!"

Last edited:
Since she was young, the silver-purple haired elf had always been rather mischievous for her kind, though upon her meeting of Loki his influence only caused that mischievous behavior to increase tenfold. She had plenty of friends should she need someone, but Maeve hardly considered them actual friends, as most of them were simply out of her position that they vied for her friendship and attention. But most of them were pretty boring, very superficial and fake on the outside. But Maeve typically kept up a good front to act the part. However she found whenever she visited Asgard and got to spend time with the princes was the most fun. She did enjoy Thor's company, for the most part. But she enjoyed Loki's far more, as he was a lot more entertaining and fun to be around. And over the years of getting to know the two more, Thor's attitude and arrogance could be rather annoying, so it was fun to team up with Loki occasionally to knock him down a few steps.

Such as was one of those moments right now. Maeve and Loki had come up with a plan to yet again prank the blond prince, and the elf was crawling along beside Loki in the tall grass and shrubs that decorated the palace walkways and gardens outside. It was easy for them to hide, since Loki wasn't the size of an average Asgardian, considering by blood he wasn't one, and Maeve herself, being an elf was naturally smaller as well. As they got into position after located Thor, she turned to Loki as they were ducked behind some bushes, and she grinned mischievously as she watched his image turn into a flawless illusion of Nesryn. Hearing his mockery of the girl as he spoke, Maeve couldn't help but giggle a bit in amusement, putting a hand over her mouth as to not be too loud so that Thor would hear "Oh no, it's perfect. I'd say, you make a pretty good woman Loki" she couldn't help but tease her friend a bit, before he was soon off to put their plan into action.

Watching as the scene unfolded, Maeve quite enjoyed the show as she crouched beneath the bushes, staying out of sight, though her own line of sight not blocked at all as she watched the two interact. Honestly, she was having a hard time deciding what was more amusing. Thor cluelessly falling for the act and advancing, or, knowing that the girl he was talking to was actually Loki, and so watching Loki actually act so flirtatiously with his brother. She had to cover her mouth nearly the whole time, not trusting herself that she might give her location away and ruin the facade and everything with her own laughs.

As the conversation continued, Maeve couldn't help but snicker out in amusement as she watched Thor clearly advancing on the illusion and closing space between them gradually, not just through words, but very clearly physically as well. The more she watched and thought about it, she realized they hadn't really thought this through entirely. They assumed it would be simple flirting, and Thor would be on his way with the intention to pursue Nesryn - the real Nesryn, unknown to him - later at some point, only to be left with an unexpected reaction. But what if Thor actually tried something? She wondered how far Loki would let it go, though the thought did incredibly amuse her. As much as that sounded like a good show to see, she supposed she'd be a good friend and intervene if needed. But for now, she didn't worry about that and watched as the charade continued.

Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately, one of the servants had arrived to inform Thor of his presence needed elsewhere. Though as disappointing as it was for the charade to end, she supposed it was good timing since much longer and Loki might have been in for a bit more than he bargained for. Hearing Thor's last line to the illusion though caught Maeve off guard, as she practically snorted out a laugh, barely clasping her hands over her mouth in time to muffle the noise before it could reach Thor's ears. Oh my...that arrogant idiot! She was biting on her lip struggling to remain quite as she watched Thor's dramatic bow as he was as extravagant and 'extra' as he always was, she grinned as she decided to mess up his smooth display of coolness. She couldn't leave all the fun entirely to Loki, after all. Without Thor noticing, she created a very small patch of ice beneath his foot as he stepped down on it, causing him to slip in his grand and smooth walk, and fumble over himself to the ground in an amusing display, and before he could even look for what might have caused him to fall or trip, the ice patch was gone as quick as it had appeared, leaving Thor to hurriedly try to stand up and brush himself off coolly in what he believed was still the presence of his to-be lover that night.

Once Thor had finally completely disappeared into the castle and she and Loki were safe from being caught, the elf couldn't help but burst out into laughter as she held her stomach "Oh Gods! I cannot believe he said that!" she cried out in laughter, tears appearing in the corners of her closed eyes as she cried with laughter. She had already been crouched on her hands and knees behind the bush to hide, but that didn't keep the shakes of laughter from sending her rolling over onto the ground, falling onto her back as her forearms continued to clutch at her stomach as it cramped with laughter. "He really is something else!" she laughed as she rolled over onto her side to try and pick herself back up, but in the end settled for more laughter, rubbing at her eyes with the back of her hand to wipe the tears of laughter away "I honestly thought he was going to kiss you for a second!" she cried out in further laughter "And then did you see the look on his face when he fell? Oh I cannot wait to see when he finds Nesryn" she giggled, laughter and amusement still in her voice, though her hysterics starting to calm down at least mildly as her cries of laughter turned into softer giggles while she pulled herself up onto her knees from the ground.

He hadn't been able to hide the laugh that had escaped as Thor had tripped over the ice, wobbling forwards like a newborn foal. Covering the illusion's mouth, he had played innocent until his older brother was out of sight. Now, he stood to wipe at his eyes, still chuckling lightly. The comment of his brother daring to try and kiss the illusion made his lips curl, humor completed forgotten as he pondered the events that would have unfolded in the blond prince had tried such a daring move.

"I daresay I would have been forced to murder him. He kisses as though he is eating meat." Shaking his head, he mocked a disgusted shiver. The fact that Loki had rooms just across from Thor left him almost always swiftly ducking away from the doors of his sibling, gaze completely averted from an entwined couple fervently locking lips before slipping into his brother's chambers. Thor was not a conspicuous creature, even when it came to the reputation of the women he tended to seduce. It was always interesting to leave his chambers in the morning and bump into the poor, disheveled girl making her way once more to wherever she had come from.

He chuckled a bit more as he made his way to where she was sprawled out along the grass. With a quick glance about to ensure no one else would be witness to his actions, he allowed himself to fall back onto the ground by her side, crossing his legs as he looked up into the blue sky. Foregoing dignity and sensibility, he relaxed.

"I suppose you would know since he kissed you all those years ago." His tone was light as he glanced over to see her reaction. Back when they had been children, Thor had always fond of Maeve whenever she visited, going so far as to braid her hair in elaborate braids he would beg their mother to teach him. It hadn't been becoming to Loki, to watch his brother treat his close friend so kindly. It hadn't been until years later that Thor had confessed a childish crush on the poor girl. Thor had spoken of a strange and albeit terrible kiss between the pair. It was never brought up against after the confession, Thor too embarrassed and Loki too uncomfortable to ponder how they had even gotten into such a situation. His brother had obviously moved on, even became an unsophisticated womanizer in his years.

The blond prince had every right to do so, however. His youthful appearance had faded, showcasing a sturdy build along with a warrior's heart (even if his ego had increased over the years along with the number of women he wooed.) The small spark of jealousy Loki kept hidden wasn't unprovoked; most people preferred his older brother to his own company. What Loki lacked in charisma, his brother made up for it with his sunny disposition and unwavering optimism. There were still a handful of palace workers and nobles who found the dark-haired man interesting enough to keep acquaintances with, but none who would be willing to accept being seen in public conversing with him. There is one, he thought, emerald gaze once more flickering towards the young woman who laid on the grass besides him.

The sigh that escaped his lips stirred him from his thoughts. Blinking rapidly, Loki sat up. His gaze moved towards his hands, watching with vague interest as he repeated flexed his fingers. "He truly had changed from when we were young." His melancholy tone wasn't something often heard from the young prince. He was silent for a few moments, not quite sure how to express himself. Years of being regarded with disinterest in comparison to his brother had eventually worn him out a bit, resorting in his hesitancy to try to communicate his feelings.

Clearing his throat, he glanced downwards at his companion with a falsely cheerful grin, trying to disregard the vulnerable display of emotions. A prince was expected to be confident with himself, to not let insecurities or wistfulness get in the way of his sensibility. "Ridiculous sentiment." He scoffed to himself, running a hand through his hair as he forced himself to forget how he felt. The ache that had appeared in his chest lessoned more, leaving him feel more comfortable, more normal. "Anyways..." He was struggling to change the subject.

Pondering what he wished to discuss, he allowed his magic to manifest. With a delicate flutter of his fingers, a butterfly perched itself onto his palm. Glancing over the design, he felt a small surge of pride. The design was intricate and it possessed a quality to it, the fuzz from the legs causing the skin of his palm to itch. It was with a wave of his hand the form transformed itself into a bird that chirped merrily as it perched easily on his hand. "How are you enjoying the weather?" He eventually murmured, continuing to shift the type of creature that rested in his palm. It was truly a boring topic, but it was was something to discuss.

With a small flash of light, an emerald garden snake appeared in his hand. Watching the small creature weave through his fingers, he couldn't help the smile that appeared. He had always had a soft spot for the scaly creatures, even as a boy. "You know, I've always enjoyed summer. It allows for me to play double the pranks." His tone was filled with humor. Glancing over, he flashed a cheeky grin to his friend. "The company isn't so bad either." He added, only partly joking.

Last edited:
After her laughter had subsided and calmed down enough for her to get a hold of herself, she moved to sit up on the ground, though her expression was still full of mirth and, and her voice light in humor that still lingered in the back of her throat as she just recalled the scene that had unfolded. Thor certainly was strong, and sure, she'd agree he was attractive, albeit, not her type of attractive. But what he had in appearances he lacked in brains, that was more than obvious. Yet somehow it hardly seemed to really deter many people's fondness of him, either romantically or casually. Shaking the thoughts from her head, she turned her attention to Loki when he had joined her in the grass and she smiled a bit at his more relaxed nature. While it was rare, Maeve did enjoy when she got to see him like this, a bit more relaxed and not so uptight, trying to keep up royal appearances or anything like that. It rarely happened, and typically when it was just the two of them with no one else to see, but Maeve still enjoyed the moments she got to see him more relaxed like this. It seemed more like himself, rather than the prince image he felt he had to live up to.

Hearing his comment regarding murdering his brother if he dared tried to kiss his illusion, she couldn't help but giggle a bit "Oh come now, you don't honestly mean that. After all, then who would you have that's as fun to play such pranks on?" she countered with an amused smile as he further insulted Thor's romantic skills as a kisser "My, it almost sounds as though you're speaking from experience" she teased her friend, though her own smile on her face instantly fell when Loki just turned it back on her, and her face twisted a bit as she recalled the unfortunate and incredibly awkward memory of Thor's confession of his childhood crush on her, and the kiss he tried to share with her. "Uhg...please do not remind me" she muttered with a slightly disgusted face as she could unfortunately remember every detail of that moment, despite it having been years ago now.

The three of them had always been close as children since she first met the brothers on her first visit to Asgard with her father. They had all gotten along well, and Maeve did enjoy spending time with both of the brothers. It didn't take long though for her to end up preferring Loki's presence over Thor's - not that she disliked the blond at all, however. She just found Loki more interesting, and able to keep up far more interesting conversations than Thor could. In their naive and innocent youth, she'd never noticed how much Thor would vie for her attention and that it was out of his child's crush on her. Eventually, many more years passed to the moment Loki had just unpleasantly reminded her of, when Thor had confessed that such long-term childish crush on her.

It had been just the two of them walking around, Loki otherwise occupied elsewhere for whatever reason. And then to the seemingly clueless Maeve, Thor came out with his confession to what had seemed like out of nowhere for the clueless elf. The blond had seemed so confident in his crush and that all would go well too, that he'd hardly waited for a sign that it was okay before he had kissed her with his confession. From there, things just turned a whole load of incredibly awkward and uncomfortable. Maeve did still value Thor as a friend, but never once considered him as a possible crush even. It likely had been Thor's first crush, and thus, also first rejection. It had been a bit awkward and uncomfortable at first, but Maeve was thankful for the fact they were able to retain their comfortable and close friendship, and though it took a little while, the awkwardness soon disappeared to leaving them back to their friendship as normal as it had ever been, much to Maeve's relief.

A silence seemed to fall over them for a few minutes from there, though it wasn't awkward or uncomfortable as they both just lay there in the grass, spacing out a bit as they stared at the clouds and each reminisced about old thoughts and memories as they each got lost in their own thoughts of their even younger youth than what they were now. They both seemed to snap out of it a bit though when Loki let out a soft sigh, making some small comment about said reminiscent thoughts. She turned her head on her side to look over at him curiously as he made the comment, watching as he sat up a bit. She just stared at him for a bit in thought, finding herself distracted by the rare expression on his face. Though as soon as it was there, it was just as quickly gone as he was turning to give her a grin and waving such thoughts and memories away.

"I don't think it's ridiculous at all" she commented seriously, though with a small smile as she moved to join him in sitting up from laying on the ground, brushing herself off slightly as she moved to lean back on her hands as she sat up, staring off into space in front of her as she spoke "I think it's important to remember the past. Maybe not get stuck in it, but it's good to remember. Even the most insignificant and simplest of memories help shape us to who we are today" she commented, before smiling a bit in amusement as a teasing smirk fell on her lips as she looked over to him "And everyone changes, so you can't blame Thor for having changed too. You and I have changed too I'm sure. For example, I remember you were such a baby when I first met you" she grinned as she teased him "You were practically hiding behind your mother, Queen Frigga's leg when we were all first introduced" she smirked at him.

As the topic started to change again, or more so Loki made it change as he asked her about the weather, she smiled a bit in amusement but didn't mind the change in topic, her eyes mesmerized by his flawless magic that manifested in the palm of his hand. While she herself controlled and used magic as well, Loki's still never ceased to amuse her, since she thought his illusion magic was beautiful, and often flawless down to every little detail. "Summer's alright" she agreed lightly when he commented his own interested in it. She didn't particularly dislike summer, but she didn't particularly love it either. "I'm sure you're already aware, but where I'm from on Alfheim is covered in nothing but snow and ice. I'm much more used to the winter weather and climates. Though I don't mind summer, that heat still never ceases to catch me off guard every time I first experience it for the year" she commented in thought, smiling a bit to herself "I do like summer. But I much prefer the cold. But then again my body is made to withstand the cold, so it's only natural" she commented before she looked back over at Loki with a smile "You really need to come visit Alfheim sometime. And even if you don't like the cold there's plenty of other climates on my realm if you'd prefer. So you have no excuse for not coming!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back