• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Marvel/MCU - Experienced RPer looking for someone to play Peggy Carter in a slow-burn, Steve/Peggy romance

CertainPassage

Hello folks!

My name is Joe and/or CertainPassage. I'm a Brit in his late 20s who started roleplaying about 15 years ago, when play-by-email and play-by-post were the norm, but I've been massively out of the game for the last few years. I briefly got back into roleplaying in 2018 but the site I joined imploded after a few months and I became a bit disheartened. I miss my favourite hobby very much, and I would love to get back into it with someone's help. I have a particular story I'd be interested in roleplaying with a dedicated partner for an extended period of time - months or even years, if we both think there's more room to take it. Details below!

The Plot

I am looking for someone who would like to play Peggy Carter against my Steve Rogers from the MCU for a slow-burn, long-term romance roleplay. Steggy is my absolute, all-time OTP, and this is a story I'd love to play out for so many reasons - from a deep love of the characters themselves, to a life-long obsession with all things Marvel forged reading the miss-matched comics I could get my hands on as a kid and watching the X-Men/Spiderman TV shows, to a nostalgic love for the aesthetic of the 1940s (I am 99% sure that I am the world's leading listener of obscure Gracie Fields and Pearl Bailey songs on Spotify). It's such a perfect mix of story elements for me.

In the MCU timeline Steve meets Peggy in June 1943 and rescues Bucky in November 1943, but doesn't go into the ice until February 1944. I'd love to play out a story that lets us imagine together what some of those pre-1944 moments might have looked like when they were working together during WWII, sticking to the canon that they weren't at any point a proper romantic pairing and didn't have their first kiss until the very end, but ultimately focusing primarily on their reunion after Steve's return to the past in Endgame. In my mind there are two ways that we could go about doing this, but I am absolutely open to suggestions or alternative ideas:
  1. Jump right into the post-Endgame story with Steve and Peggy's reunion, and cut back to vignettes of their time together during the war that we play out as and when we feel appropriate.
  2. Play the entire tape through from start to finish, from the moment they meet in the training camp right through to Steve going into the ice, and then pick up with the post-Endgame reunion.
  3. We start with the post-Endgame reunion to the set the scene and context for the story we want to tell, and then play the whole thing through vignettes and independent scenes that aren't played out in any particular order.
There are so many things that I think it could be enormously fun to explore in this story. I don't mind if we play it as Steve going back in time properly so that his identity has to stay hidden and he has to keep a low profile just cheering on Peggy as she builds the incredible career she goes on to have, or if we play it as an AU so Steve and Peggy are also able to become world-saving, ass-kicking partners in not-actually-crime-but-justice. My main interest is in exploring the contours of the characters, their love story, and the highs and lows that would come with being re-united. I am happy for us to bend or twist canon about the wider MCU if you would like, as long as we keep the essentials of the story correct and keep these two characters true to their canon depiction.

I am absolutely, honestly not remotely bothered by the sex or gender of the person playing Peggy. My main hope is to find someone who has enough of an appreciation for these characters that we can have an enormously fun time imagining their journey together and thinking what scenes it would be fun to play out and what elements of their story we'd like to explore.

I am not interested in exploring anything where Steve is implied to have had anything other than a platonic relationship with Bucky, Tony Stark etc. I am bisexual IRL and have absolutely no problem if you also ship Steve with other characters, but it's not a story I am personally interested in and I will not play Steve Rogers in that way.

Writing Style / Partner Preferences

I write exclusively in the third person, with multi-paragraph responses. Whilst sometimes it might be clear that a short answer is better to progress a scene, even in a dialogue intensive moment it's rare you'll get less than two paragraphs out of me. My posts tend to be 3 - 5 paragraphs in length; 2 paragraphs if the scene is dialogue intensive, and more like 7 - 9 if I need to move along a lot of action independently of my partner (e.g., if my character needs to be somewhere else doing something, I would rather write more in one post to try and get the action back to playing against my partner in as few posts as possible). I write quickly and words flow easily, and I am not very good at being succinct (for better or for worse!), in no small part because I try to make sure I'm clearly conveying my character's feelings and thoughts to the other player as well as their character. I tend to be quite detail heavy on thoughts and feelings, and try to blend that into action so there's always something for my partner to work with.

I have roleplayed happily against other players with very different styles and post lengths in group settings, but for 1x1 play like this I am looking for a partner who also writes in third person with multi-paragraph responses. I'm a working adult with a life that varies in how busy it gets. There will be times when I can reply once a day or even multiple times per day; there will be others when I can only post a couple of times per week, and cannot commit firmly to being able to post more than a couple of times per week. I'll always communicate with you what my availability looks like and keep in touch OOC so you know I'm around. Please especially be aware that weekends are often busier for me than weekdays and don't assume no reply at a weekend means I've lost interest; it's time to spend with my fiance, my friends, my family and work on other hobbies as well. I will often be in a better position to reply during workday evenings.

Interested?

If you'd be interested in taking this up, then let's chat about what the story could look like! I'd be thrilled to hear your thoughts on which of the three approaches you'd be most interested in, or if you have any ideas of your own, and if there are any specific scenes or plot points you'd like to include in the story. Rather than just jump right in, I would like to map out how we want to do this given the different approaches we could take.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back