Marvel Comics: Reinstated

The Doorman

I leave, but i always return.
This is where aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall OOC chatter needs to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sukiyaki From what I got out of the way @The Doorman described the setting, our characters woke up in the world. So this would mean hulk/bruce would have no memory of his backstory, but continue to have the same backstory, the only difference is that he is a girl in the real world. That was how I was going to deal with Red Skull. 
@The Doorman I saw what you read in CS Thread, and I was wondering if we will remember our Comic Pasts? Like will Hulk/Bruce remember there time in the comic, or will they slowly realize just how much they resemble the version of herself in the Comic.

Here's the thing, most characters, they just won't realize the difference, but characters that have seen the location (Through their comics or their movies, games even, they'd simply need to be present and recognize in that media that they were in New York) will at least recognize the location, but it's not likely that they will realize this isn't the New York they'd seen before. If I hadn't stated it earlier, I apologize, but part of my idea was that the characters might see themselves in one of their comics, or media of the like, and recognize their words, face, any defining features, really, and realize something is up.

So, using Bruna as and example, she might be walking down the street, minding her own business when she overhears talk of the Avengers movie, or sees Hulk on a shirt or a poster and find herself confused about the situation, and with her genius mind start investigating, and find that she isn't in the world she remembers.

Like, the point of the rp is that characters with a large fanbase will be recognized, recognize themselves, it would all add to the problem. So, Bruna shouldn't be remembering her past and also, I don't think I like having the Hulk taken and not truly being played... I dunno, but my intention was to have characters appear as they did within their stories so that recognition would make them either want to stay, or escape their fans and find a way back to the Marvel Universe. Apologies, if this makes no sense, but I diiiiiiiid just wake up.

[QUOTE="The Doorman]I don't think I like having the Hulk taken and not truly being played

[/QUOTE]
Do you mean you don't enjoy having the Hulk being a little girl?

No, no, I just mean that someone might want to play actual Hulk and they couldn't because of Bruna.

I wasn't intending for canon characters to be made into characters completely different than themselves, the point of OCs was to give people a chance to make their own characters and still be a recognized character to IRP Marvel fans.

Hm, I kind of see what you mean. Would you like us to reconsider our ideas? Or are you saying this out of personal preference instead of you saying, "Please change this"?

Well... I haven't seen an issue with anyone else... I really don't see any other issues, ugh, I'm so bad at explanations. Mm, what am I not making clear? I don't see it and I kind of feel awful about being my confusing morning-self.

I know what you mean. I have the same problems in the morning. You can refrain from your explanation until you have it all worked out, as well as being more awake xD , but until then, I think I am going to keep myself from posting my own character due to not knowing how you want it done.

Not at first, no, well, there could be an exception depending on the character, I suppose. Like, if part of the character allows it to be so, characters like Tony Stark might be able to remember if upon arrival JARVIS is up and running and the passing over into the real world didn't, y'know, destroy the functioning systems and memory held within the Iron Man suit, then it's possible for JARVIS to remember and tell Tony of his situation. So I suppose if HK would like to, seeing as their character isn't exactly human, I wouldn't object to the character having some recollection of the Marvel Universe. And there can be similar exceptions if it's a part of the character, does that make sense?

But what if the character is an OC that has no published comics for him to stumble upon?

If your character is an OC Marvel Character, than he probably has an Original Comic you can make up for him to originate from.

The character I have in mind has this problem solved but for others that have unpublished/rejected comics it would be a problem if they weren't going for an original comic. 
Ok im having character crisis here. I was making a character then I just started making another one. So my CS sheet will be delayed.

Can I make a character that would have been in comic issues and have played a big role but had his character concept scrapped?

I'm almost done with a guy wielding all three gae spears of Iris myth as a main antagonist for the Incredible Hercules series.

I'm sorry, I may reconsider later, but I don't think I can participate in this Rp. A few others have come and caught my fancy, and I just can't handle the amount I currently have, so I am lightening the load. Sorry. If one of the ones I have dies, this will be the first one I think of joining, I won't even take myself off the watching list to be sure that I don't miss anything.

That's fine, I won't hold it against ya~

Thanks for letting me know, FracturedMagnifiers. 
Lolol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back