• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Map Creator?

Hi! I might want to start a role play on this site, and it has kind of a big storyline. I was hoping to get everything set up before I actually start anything, and I was hoping to make some sort of world map. Does anyone have any good suggestions on what site or program I could use to draw such a map? The most important thing would be that borders are clearly visible, and that I can mark where certain cities are. Thanks!

Mordecai said:
I'd suggest:
Inkarnate

You do need an account, but it's entirely free and extremely powerful. No downloads required.
I tried that site, but I don't really understand it... I'm able to make a new map, but there I can only make a light brown-ish shape, and that's it... I can't save, I can't add any other colours, any borders, or any names. And at the home page it says I should be able to do all those things...

[QUOTE="The Great Uniter]I tried that site, but I don't really understand it... I'm able to make a new map, but there I can only make a light brown-ish shape, and that's it... I can't save, I can't add any other colours, any borders, or any names. And at the home page it says I should be able to do all those things...

[/QUOTE]
There are ways to do all those things, as I have done them. Here is a video of a guy using all the features, you can just follow along with him:

[media]

[/media]

Mordecai said:
There are ways to do all those things, as I have done them. Here is a video of a guy using all the features, you can just follow along with him:
[media]

[/media]
When I saw the video, I was like: "Huh? That's not at all what the site looks like on my end!" Turns out I had to put my browser on 90% zoom in order to see any of the tools... Thanks for all your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back