Manual of Exalted Power The Lunars

Well, one can hope...they sounded good in the first edition SC, too. I'm just hoping they rethink the crazy costs they gave the Lunars for buying charms. It was hard enough having to buy up attributes to be able to meet the requirements without having to spend more than even Dragonblooded on your charms, too. *sighs*

I think the addition of sociological experiments and the emphasis they seem to put on the lunars being the borderguard of creation will enhance their overall style a great deal. In the first edition a lot of people fell into the "wyld marauders on a mission to destroy civilization" trap and this will fix it nicely.

About the charm costs... we can only hope, I wouldn't mind steep costs for lunar charms but only if the number of stop-gap charms decreases dramatically, combined with the addition of several worthy charms in the different fighting trees. I'd also like to see more of their shapeshifiting powers spelled out and written down.

And I pray to the gods of editing that they get their act together on the keywords this time.

Eh, it wasn't the cost of the charms alone that I minded so much as the 'stop-gaps' as you put it, on top of a lot of their charms costing more and being less effective than other Exalt's charms while also often being deeper in the tree (Saftey among Enemies compared to Running Through the Herd, anyone?) as well as the fact that going off attirbutes made them more expensive and time consuming in the first place, what with attributes being x4 compared to abilibties beign x2, and the -1 means a LOT less when subtracted from a number multiplied by 4 than by 2. And then the fact that abilities took weeks to an attribute taking months...granted if it was favored, this was ignored, which was handy...but generally most charm trees didn't stay within one attribute, let alone one caste. *sighs* 2E's looking a LOT better...so I'm hopeful most of these issues are fixed. XP costs for charms being like Mortals buying MA charms can be house ruled away easily enough, after all.

True enough. Just give 'em the same cost as Sids for regular Sid charms...they are both supposed to be Celestial Exalts, after all. Then again, I've already done that for 1E in our games.

The mention of "Knacks" suggests a complete revamp of the Lunar Charms. That's a good thing. I look forward to this revolution.

Well, why don't you just make Moonsilver construct monkeys that can morph like a T-1000?

And they're supposed to be flying pirate ninja monkeys.  Or would that be flying pirate ninja cyborg monkeys?

Boy that's a long thread. But a good one. I'm liking what I see...though it's looking more and more like Half Caste Lunars won't be able to get DBT any longer, considering it and the totem/spirit form aren't charms any longer. Will have to see if the book clarifies any...but as the rules stand, it seems like it's out as an option for them...though the other Lunar charms sound like it won't be that much of a loss...

I'm also not completely positive that it's leaked books so much as writers with permission to leak some juicy info to get people interested in buying. I'm positive at least one of the people talking is a writer (they even said they did the charms, IIRC....they at least did say that they wrote some part of the book), anyhow, and the others sound like something similar, or that they at least know the writer and each other IRL...so there might not necessarily be books to steal from lucky pre-orderers, just the ones the creators and WW staff has...

But, love, do you really want to take away their hopes for ill-gotten books freeing them to play with 2E Lunars NOW instead of as soon as they get their own? That's just cruel. Let them hope, even if it's in vain. :)

well here's more Lunars goodness Lexicon

WW is actually taking the time to try to pimp this to the masses. I'm not sure if I should think they're starting to care about the customer or if they're worried about sales.

Y I

Users who are viewing this thread

Back