• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Malleus Maleficarum: A Tale of the Accused Lore

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Stale Biscuit

The OG Bread Boi
91ZpKYI.jpg

• Witches, women who have dabbled in witchcraft for one reason another. Some made pacts with the devil and are lustful creatures created to sin, to tempt humanity away from the path of God, or so the church says. These women, and even men, were burned at the stake or beheaded for these crimes against humanity. The first to fall was the young hero of France in 1431, the saint Joan of Arc who led the country to victory against England. A god-fearing girl who only wanted what was best for her people had been tied down to a stake and set a blaze by the countrymen that she sought to protect. Soon in the early 1500s, witch trials began sprouting all across southeastern France, beginning in the small town of Valais, and eventually spreading all across Europe. The death toll steadily grew as more women and men were accused of witchcraft daily. The church was in charge of proctoring these trials, following Malleus Maleficarum or the Hammer of Witches, to help to identify and deal with these blasphemous beings.

However, what if I were to tell you that there were no witches, no man or woman capable of controlling magic, all of this a front for something much more sinister? So why did the trials exist in the first place when women and men could not defend themselves nor were they given any formal or fair trial? Was it due to fear? Fear of the unknown? If so, why had the church made it their goal to proctor all these trial when their man power would be spread were they to continuously do so? Earlier I've stated that there is no such thing as witches or sorcerers, so now I ask, what if I were to tell you that witches weren't born, but made? The church, their holy bible and the Hammer of Witches did not tell of how to destroy witches, but how to create them. A terrifying thought, to make what you seek to vanquish. Oh, but there is more to the story than meets the eyes. For though witches are the creation of humans, the devils and angels spoke of in the ancient texts are very much real. Sadly, it is not my place to tell you, the falsely accused, of the truth of the world or why you were created. However, why don't I help you in gaining your salvation? Right the wrongs of those who have turned you into this sinful being. Take my hand if you wish for your revenge to take fruit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back