Making posts longer

HoneyPhantomhive

Byakuya Kisser
Hey there! I seem to be having problems with my RP posts being to short. They're mostly 1-2 liners. Some of the people I RP with like to have long, detailed posts, and I'm not good at that so I look kind of silly. How can I make my posts longer without making them too long?

Here's a good tutorial - Roleplay - Meeting Post Requirements (With an Interesting Post).

Also I find writing like your reading a book helps. Like I read a lot and when I'm reading a book the author will often describe the scene or the character's thoughts on what's going on. As of course in a book the object is to immerse you in what is going on so they add details that will help do that.

So just like the tutorial says - ask yourself :

where is my character? what do their surroundings look like? what are their feelings about what is going on?

Exactly, as she says, try to be as descriptive as possible. Prepare/search some questions that will help you through it and you will get used to easily. Think about your surroundings, how the characters feels at the moment, what they're going to do, what are they looking at. Also, try to include new words in your vocabulary so you don't fall short and repeat the same things over and over. Reading a book always helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back