• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Making a roleplay

Brainess

Brain(l)ess
Do you need to do or have such things to make a roleplay ??? Im new and I have this story that I didn't able to finish and thought making it an rp will be very cool and I just joined yesterday... so do I have to do some things or to have some things in order for me to make my own roleplay??

The best place to read up about this is the site's FAQ. But to answer your question, if you want to create a multi-player RP you can use our Create RP dialog to set up the basic tabbed thread for your game. The information you need to add is simple enough, choose a genre from Futuristic, Fantasy, Realistic/Modern or Fandom, Then pick a prefix (explained here) and a title. The text box will be your first In-Character post, so you can use that to lay out the first basics of the game. Your game will also gain additional tabs for an overview, character sign-ups and out-of-character (OOC) discussions. You can get extra threads by using the Add Tab link that will appear on the right side of your tabbed thread and following the dialog there. As the RP Creator, you have the ability to edit your posts, as well as those of others within the game.

It's also a good idea to drum up some interest by pitching your game in the Interest Check forum to draw attention to your game.

Captain Hesperus

Create RP [/URL]dialog to set up the basic tabbed thread for your game. The information you need to add is simple enough, choose a genre from Futuristic, Fantasy, Realistic/Modern or Fandom, Then pick a prefix (explained here) and a title. The text box will be your first In-Character post, so you can use that to lay out the first basics of the game. Your game will also gain additional tabs for an overview, character sign-ups and out-of-character (OOC) discussions. You can get extra threads by using the Add Tab link that will appear on the right side of your tabbed thread and following the dialog there. As the RP Creator, you have the ability to edit your posts, as well as those of others within the game.
It's also a good idea to drum up some interest by pitching your game in the Interest Check forum to draw attention to your game.

Captain Hesperus
@Captain Hesperus No, I know how to do that but what I meant was, do i need to have friends, counts of posts, days times or whatever in order to make a roleplay??

Sorry, your post was unclear. You don't need to have any of the above things in order to create a roleplay. Even as a complete newcomer, you have the ability to create a game and get started. Obviously, without players, you are going to be wasting your time and effort with creating your game, so an Interest Check with a few confirmed players is probably in your best interests.

As the RP creator, you can create rules regarding post length, grammar/spelling, minimum post times (i.e. at least once every 2 days), but be advised that the more rules you create, the less the RP will be like a Simple RP and more like a Casual RP.

Captain Hesperus

[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]Sorry, your post was unclear. You don't need to have any of the above things in order to create a roleplay. Even as a complete newcomer, you have the ability to create a game and get started. Obviously, without players, you are going to be wasting your time and effort with creating your game, so an Interest Check with a few confirmed players is probably in your best interests.
As the RP creator, you can create rules regarding post length, grammar/spelling, minimum post times (i.e. at least once every 2 days), but be advised that the more rules you create, the less the RP will be like a Simple RP and more like a Casual RP.

Captain Hesperus

[/QUOTE]
Im sorry too for making my first post unclear. And I get, tyvm!!

You're very welcome. I hope your first game here on RPN is a success!

Captain Hesperus

[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]You're very welcome. I hope your first game here on RPN is a success!
Captain Hesperus

[/QUOTE]
Thank you and I really also help it would be a success! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back