• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Make it up as you go along (Experimental Roleplay)

SilverSkyWolf

Anime addict
Have you ever just wanted to skip the chacter sheet stage and go straight to roleplaying? This is why I want to try roleplaying a little differently where at first all you need to think of is a name, this is how it would work. 

(A Rushed example of the concept)

Person 1:

Greg was cold. He'd been standing in an alleyway for a while now, and the weather was beginng to get to him. Slouching down onto the floor Greg sighed. Why was he here? The place smelt distinctly of waste and sickness.

Person 2:

Space was what Sophie needed so when she saw an alleyway in the corner of her eye, she decided to go into it. The place smelt awful! Nearby, slouched down on the floor was an old man his blue eyes full of regret. She'd have to find another allyway.

Person 3:

Steve was searching. Searching for a warewolf who'd been around these parts, stealing food, howling and hurting people. Out of the corner of his eye he a girl exiting an alleyway, she looked exactly like he'd been told. Brown hair, lose clothing and a hat covering what should be her ears. He ran towards her and blocked the entrance of the alleyway stoping her from leaving.

If you think this is like God-modding it basically is, in a way, but it's all within reason and it's more so you controlling your characters and their observations shape what the other charters are. You shouldnt change already defined character traits, for example if a character's eyes which are blue are described as green unless this is explained by something, AKA contacts or eyes that change colour. You can also describe your own chacter and give them traits.

I would like characters to be able to kill each other as that adds a lot of twists in the plot, and you don't have to spend the tedious effort making another charter before you can roleplay again, but a character can't be killed by something that wouldn't kill them, and a lot of thought should be taken before doing something like this (maybe discuss it with the person who owns the character) Mutiple charters should also be allowed but I'd want it to be obvious which character your roleplaing at any one time.

In terms of character sheets you would have them but you'd  probably post the, in a spoiler along with your first post and fill them out as the roleplay develops, for example:

Person 2:

Name: Sophie

species: werewolf

Appearance: Brown hair, hat covering ears, lose clothing

(This could change could change as the roleplay progresses, she could turn out not to have ears etc.)

This might sound complicated but it's simpler than normal roleplaying and while it might not work I think it will be a very good roleplay if it does. Anyone want to do this, I will start a thread if two or more people are interested.

Link to roleplay:

Last edited by a moderator:
A very simple and uncomplicated concept.  A nice way to just jump into a role play, especially if you are only in charge of your own character. 

I could be interested in seeing how it goes if there are more people who are also interested.  

Seems like it could go either really terribly or exceptionally well. I would be interested. Reminds me a bit of the role plays I started with back years ago.

I would very much like to participate, what a interesting idea! I hope we can have a great time, I hope you can leave a spot for me

hey I wanted to test something, I've been so pumped for the role play that i actually thought id use my available quick soundboard in it to make it more interesting, i'm still developing the method on how to use it, so here's my test, if you guys like the idea ill use it in the role play

the sound here should be a beeping noise

View attachment WARNIN~1.ogg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back