Main Story

Ylvi offered a slight, but angry, glare at the Vagabond. Someone like him was not to shush her! She was a true and noble servant of the one, and what was he? A dirty old beggar! Or well... A not so dirty and not really old beggar. She corrected herself in thought. In fact, the man had proven noble enough to help find the little lost girl and even lent Ylvi his reindeer, so perhaps she owed him to forget about the whole shushing thing. She decided that she was going to let it all go, and instead focused on the newcomer.

Oh! This is Sera and the lost girl's name is Nönja! First now that Sera stood right in front of them and pretty much explained it all did Ylvi piece together and understand that Sera was in fact the name of the tracker and not the name of the lost girl. Ylvi felt a stupid to not have realised it yet. She could feel the rushing warmth of her face blushing in a rosy red which betrayed her. But of course she'd didn't bother to mention anything about it to the others, just hoping that they'd fail to notice.

Grey trolls? Not impossible that they are behind the disappearance of poor Nönja. I hearthose unholy creatures tend to take things and people from time to time... “ Nönja pointed out, sounding more than a bit worried. She knew that Grey Trolls were hated followers of The One. It was said that they were weak and vulnerable to the powers of The One as well, but she had not the slightest idea of exactly how she could use that in her favour if she actually met a troll close up. Perhaps faith alone was enough to drive them off? Though, she couldn't be sure.

And, we're ever so sorry if Branka's outburst in any way ruined your hunt... Sera, was it? Now, we just so happened to catch us a bunny hare just moments ago. Perhaps we can offer it to you as compensation?” She suggested, offering Sera a faint smile and tilted her head in the other way. Now, it was risky to do this. Branka was the one who had caught the hare, and Ylvi had no say in who could have it, but then again, someone needed to mend the situation, and this was one way to do it.

@Orikanyo

@viska

@KageYuuki

Branka Sneered back at Sara as she dared to talk to her in such a way.
Her anger only grew when she had the gaul to turn away from her and address the others.
She felt this blow to her pride could not go unchallenged. 
She only debated if she should assault her back physically or simply verbally .

Just before she could do either however, YIvi was apologizing for her actions.
Branka's insult only doubled in reaction to this.
She felt she had done nothing wrong and this woman had no right to an apology.
And to top it off, YIvi was offering up her kill as payment for this alleged offence.  

Again butting into the conversation Branka snarled and spoke in a vicious voice, one that sounded more like the growls of an angry bear- "Lets get a few things straight right now!."

Holding up her index finger she explained "One, I don't take orders from anyone. Least of all some tik in the woods." 

Stretching out her second finger she went on "Two!, if your here to help, then get off my back and drive that sword into a troll's instead "

Holding up a third finger she finished "because three! ..when this is all over, you and I are going to have words."

Turning her attention back to YIvi, she corrected her "And you should learn not to apologize for others, lest you insult the one you throw under the sword."

"...Perchance we should focus more on our goal." hrafn coughed as he stepped in the way of the women. "The young Nonja is still out there, and no matter what had taken her we must find her regardless of what we have to say to one another." he reminded them of their goal, slightly chastising them for causing such a ruckus. 

"Since everyone is so content to call them by name... A grey troll may just be the cause of this. As such we must act quickly, even if it isn't likely it has harmed her I think swift action will set this right... We need to pass by the house stead once more to collect the fawn and then to the meadow she was taken from. Let us continue on ahead. Sitting here and arguing amongst ourselves will only waste day light." finally taking point the man walked back to his reindeer. "Come, we have work to do... and not much time to do it." admitably he grew tired of the prattling on, the child was not getting any closer with chatting about rabbits or hunts. 

"You can yell at one another after we have that child home... Or leave, because I shall not have you all spooking the thing that took her and have it run off with her with all of your yelling and raging at one another. it'd be you whom will explain to her mother why she shall never see her child again." and with that, he set forth to their objective. 

Sera

Looking over at Ylvi, Sera studied the girl before quirking an eyebrow. She certainly didn't look like she was ready to be navigating the forest in search of trolls. At her offering of the hare, Sera just shook her head. "I don't need some peace offering, we have work to do." Turning to face Hrafn, she found Branka standing in front of her, glaring down at the hunter. Sera's eyes narrowed at the lecture, clicking her tongue in annoyance. "Yes, yes, let me know how tracking down the culprit goes without the help of some 'lousy tick'." 

Stepping around Branka, she caught up to Hrafn in a few short strides. "I take it the fawn was left wherever Nönja must have been taken? There anything else left?" She'd heard many stories on trolls leaving things they thought would be of equal worth in exchange for whatever they took. Strange creatures, not the smartest from what she'd heard over the years. "There are a few areas around here those things tend to linger around. I'd be surprised if Nönja wasn't there."

Scene 2 - A trail of smoke
The Northern Forest, Midhalpad

The clear morning had now grown into a full fledged summer day. Without a single cloud in sight, the sun could sit on it’s throne in the highest point in the sky, beaming down rays of heat over the forest clad landscape without anyone or anything to disturb it. The winds were calm today, and not even the slightest breeze were making itself noticed in the Northern Forest. If the warmth had been bid a hearty welcome after the lasting storm, it had almost managed to make itself at least a little bit unwelcome again, for below the thick evergreens the atmosphere felt stodgy and somewhat airless. Though, it wasn’t at all a bad experience, the many wonderful scents of a spring forest in full blossom was certainly enchanting. The birdsong and the gentle sound of each tiny little stream made for a soothing and calming orchestra. It was really hard to grasp the fact that something was amiss on a beautiful day such as this.

For Ylvi, things hadn’t exactly gone well so far. Not well at all. She had already managed to get on the wrong foot with the Witch Hunter, and judging from the looks she’d got from the Tracker when they were first introduced didn’t really sit well either. And then there was the Vagabond, who had hushed her before. She had told herself to forgive him for it, but somehow she couldn’t get it out of her mind, and for the longest time Ylvi had actually been quiet, not bothering to mention much of anything to anyone as they made their way north through the forest, passing spruces, firs and birches on all sides as they made their way upward, for they were going up! The forest grew on a large rocky hill, or perhaps mountain some would call it, Ylvi wasn’t exactly sure which. At any rate Ylvi was glad to get to ride on top of the reindeer instead of walking herself, for it had been a long walk since they had left the farm after having revisited it with Sera.

Returning to the farm had been a good idea, for it had put them on the right track, at least if this Sera and her skills as a tracker was to be trusted. A quick chat with Nönja’s mother - Vidja - had also helped Ylvi understand a bit more about this entire thing with the girl being gone and a fawn being found tied at the porch, supposedly left there by the Gray Trolls that they suspected had taken sweet Nönja. For some reason they had taken the poor fawn with them into the forest. The frail little creature carefully followed behind Petunia, seeming to feel at least somewhat safe around the much larger reindeer. Perhaps Petunia reminds it of it’s mum…

”Can you smell that? Am I misstaken or is that the smell of smoke? A fire perhaps?” Ylvi suddenly sat up straight and sniffed the air around her, finally speaking her first words for at least an hour when a faint smell of fire made it’s way to her nostrils. She wasn’t mistaken, somewhere near was fire or smoke.

@viska @Orikanyo @KageYuuki

Sera

It was a rather tense trip back to the farm, with Branka seemingly glaring daggers at Sera the entire trip. The tracker set to work nearly as soon as they arrived, barely offering a 'hello' to those working. A small fawn tied with a coarse rope and a string of glistening beads. While interesting and good to have with them, Sera was more interested in the large footprints in the soft earth. The recent rain had made it much easier to leave a trail and the depth of these showed the weight of whatever had made them.

"Whoever made these was wearing boots," she mused, lightly tracing one of the tracks. "But we have two different sets of tracks. More than one showed up here this morning, and they weren't human."

Sera's small form seemed to effortlessly move through the underbrush as she led the . . . admittedly unusual group along the trail. Branches pushed out of the way, grass tramped down, even the smallest of things seemed to tell the hunter a story that guided them deeper into the forest. "I haven't been to this area in a long time," she mused as they stepped into a small clearing. A large stone slab leaned haphazardly against the rough cliff face making what could be considered a crude shelter. One barely able to provide protection from the rain.

A soft sigh left the hunter's lips as her crystal hues studied the area. She'd spent the entire day tracking it, only getting glimpses of its flawless pelt. The White Stag, a creature of Kvicke's creation. While the stories vary, they all seem to agree that those who can bring down the beast earn the god's favor. Whether they're granted a boon or permitted to hunt alongside the god in Gudsheimgaard is where things differ the most. Some believe that the spirit of the last hunter to bring the Stag down now inhabits its body, offering explanation to the creature's ability to outwit even the most crafty of hunters. That's what I saw that day, it had to be.

"I was out hunting," Sera spoke in a low voice as she moved towards the shelter, noting the lack of footprints. "It had only just finished raining when I stumbled into the clearing. A troll that had been taking shelter here from the rain stepped out nearly the same time. I think we scared each other, we both stood frozen for the longest time before coming to the silent agreement to just leave one another alone and be on our way." She looked over at Hrafn, "It's clear they don't live here, but they seem to know it's not a bad place to rest for awhile."

The entire trip back was a very frustrating time for Branka.
She was able to keep her mouth shut, but only with great effort.
She had more then likely lost her witch, she had been insulted, and now she felt they were waisting time going back to the farm.

After they reached the farm however, Branka was quickly reminded of what was important.
She set aside her grudge with the tracker, to focus on finding the girl.

She decided there would be plenty of time for that after the child was safe.

As the small band of misfits entered deeper into the forest, Branka was quietly  impressed by Sara's tracking skills.
In another time and place, she could have made a good witch hunter.
That is, as long as she had the arm to back up those eyes.

As Sara examined the small shelter, it reminded her of the countless hovels, caves, and other hideaways where she had found pray of her own. 
She began to think back to a hunt she had last year.
while her 'game' of choice was a local witch named Thadius, his choice of hiding places was strikingly similar .
She began to think of what she would have done if he wasn't there.

As she carefully crouched inside the small stone shelter, she noticed something stand out from the damp soil.
A small green ribbon, like the kind a young girl would ware in her hair.
As Branka picked it up carefully, a satisfied smirk crossed her lips as she remarked "..clever girl"

The stone slab that leaned against the rock face was heavy and irregularly shaped. From this side it looked like nothing but a small crevice that would suffice for nothing more than somewhat protecting one from wind and rain. But if one went deeper into the narrow path the walls would soon start to move further apart from each other, and so also the rocky ceiling and floor. Eventually, the tunnel lead to a sudden stop – a precipice in the middle of the mountain side that allowed for a decent view of the farmland and forests below. From afar it looked like a huge hole in the mountainside. Stories, now long forgotten, told of a giant named Kradûn who had once had such a painful toothache that he in desperation had taken a fistful of rock from the mountainside and chewed it to make it all go away. Sadly, for Kradûn, the toothache didn't give in, and as such the giant spat the rocks out again, leaving big heavy rocks haphazardly across the fields and forests of the land and also leaving the huge hole in the mountain in his wake.

Unbeknownst to Ylvi or any of the others in the group, there vista was currently vacated by two large figures. Grey Trolls. Both of them were as big as one of the giant bears found in Lapunia, but perhaps even a big broader by the shoulders. Their hairy arms, and furry ears and tails were decorated with strings with colourful beads and feathers tied to them. Their clothes were of dirty and tattered fur from animals they'd hunted, and were wadded with green moss and patched with thick pieces of birch bark. The trolls had put their huge oaken swords on the floor by the burlap sacks in which they carried their belongings. As of now the trolls were occupied with something they were cooking over the fire they had made on the floor, it left a smell of burnt meat in the air of the cave. And even though it was a hot, sunny, day outside, the walls of the cave was painted in a flaming orange colour by the flames of the fire, for this was one the current shadow side of the mountain.

@Orikanyo @KageYuuki @viska

Grey trolls... "Were lucky it seems... though large and strong, the lack the intelligence we do." he spoke to the others in a hushed whisper. "And right at dinner time as well. Here's hoping we can talk our way past without any issues. Violence will only drive them away, and we need their words to aid us in finding our lost one. Setting this right without issue is our goal. A fight may only endanger our little wayward child." Hrafn warned the others, hoping they are willing to acquiesce to his oratory skills. Well, mostly he hoped Branka would, but she'd likely agree that the less danger to the child the better. "They shall make better friends then enemies... And should the unspeakable happen..." he gave Branka a small smile. "They face a woman mightier than the giant that made this hole. Follow my lead." 

Standing up from his crouch he walked into the open with the two trolls, getting a better look of the area around then, specifically the thing they were roasting. "A fine day for a meal eh gentleman? I find nothing better than having a wonderful view of the lands with a good hearty meal. Smells wonderful may i add, tell me, what are you cooking? the smell speaks wonders of the chef's skills I say." he spoke loud and jovial, looking to gain their attention. if he was lucky his stance as acting friendly and complementary will help him get what information he needs. Calling them gentleman, complementing the cook even when it's just plain meat cooking over a fire, these are simple things but they bring up the confidence he knows what he is talking about. 

Hopefully, they will respond accordingly to his friendliness. 

if they don't, he has a woman with a very large axe, made of iron no less. 

the axe, not the woman...

then again...

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised by the sudden sound of Hrafn's voice, the two trolls jumped to their feet and spun around to see who was talking to them. One of them knocked over a bucket of what appeared to be milk with his tail as it lashed about during the half-pirouette. Now that the trolls faced towards the party of adventuring misfits, it was clear to see that one troll was male and the other was female. Well, clear to someone that knew trolls at least. For someone like poor Ylvi ,who was currently hiding in the background and already regretted following the others into the crevice, it wasn't exactly that clear. The only thing that really could've given it away was the fact that the female lacked much facial hair, other than that the two seemed to be equally large and hairy in her eyes.

Upon realizing that Hrafn was asking about their cooking, the trolls both got a panicked kind of look in their eyes and quickly took one step closer to each other, using their combined body-size as a wall that effectively hid whatever it was they were roasting over the fire.

“A log!”

“A piglett!”

The trolls spoke at each other, making it obvious that they were lying about their meal. Now, no one had seen exactly what it was that they were cooking, but whatever it was it had looked far to humanoid to be a pig... “Yes, a piglett!” They both agreed and nodded together, happy about deciding on the better of the two lies.

The slightly larger one of the trolls smirked and leered at his companion. “See, I'm ri' aboot dat. It calls yuu gentling man, Ryta. Yuu rrh nuh gal!” Said the first troll to the other, in a dark and rumbling voice that, if you had a troll's ear, carried an amused and mocking tone in it, letting out a deep and dark chuckle at the end.

“Quiet you! 'Tis not fun, Rote. 'Tis mocking me!” Said the other troll in an upset and defensive tone of voice, that probably sounded just as slow, dark, and rumbling to the humans as the first one had done, but was slightly easier to understand as Ryta seemed to speak in a more articulate way than her companion.

“Don' be angreh, Ryta, it says yoo rrh good wi' cookin'. Very nice o' it.” Rote said and glanced at the huge wooden swords that lay just out of reach of his long, lanky arms, then back at the group. His hairless eyebrows lowered and he squinted his tiny pale dot's for eyes and bared his teeth and leaned a bit forward, in a way that probably meant that he had a closer look at them with some suspicion in his mind. “An' wat rrh yuu for un? Knows so mu' aboot cookin', eh? An' teasin' an' mockin' Ryta, eh?”

Now, there was nothing much hostile about the trolls so far, but that didn't stop Ylvi from actually shaking from fright. How could this be? How could she possibly have been dumb enough to go alone into these lands where the other worldy lived so close to humans? Only by thinking of The One could she keep herself from panicking and running away from the place. “The One be at my side at the hours of dark. May his hand of light guide me through the mists, for I am of The One...” She started mumbling a protective prayer under her breath, which was something that clearly triggered the female trolls attention.

“'Tis unholy! The small un!” She wheezed out in a almost unhearable whisper, bared her ugly set of teeth and pointed her long gaunt finger at Ylvi.

@KageYuuki @viska @Orikanyo

"my many appologise my fair friends. it has been so, so very long since I've last rested that i cannot tell a stone from a tree!" he chuckled happily as he rubbed his eyes in a display. His eyes now gazing around at the cave it'self, trying to see if there was anything laying around. Clothing perhaps, something to tell of the little girl's prescence. "We are a travelling band of culinary artists. Cooks, we heard of fair folk in this mountain who's cooking smelled so magical it sent men blundering into trees from it's wondrous aroma." he once again played up the flattery. "And i dare say we have found them! Ryta you say? it is an utmost pleasure to meet you!" he took a long courteous bow towards the trolls before stepping into the open. 

"The smell is wondrous I dare say, just as they told me." he spoke more and more, hoping it would detract from Ylvi's mutterings. However he did take a glance to Sera to... Do atleast something to help the girl. 

"You see, i am the head chef of our group, my tall friend here is our master of meats, my friend with the trusty bow is our master of greens, she has quite the eye for the woods you know? And our last is our newest friend, she ahs yet to take up mastery, but I assure you she is quite skilled, if a tad nervous to meet such fine a legend of the culinary arts such as you and your husband Ryta. Just how did you manage to get the piglette to smell so delicious. " he made a note of their hiding the fire... And how the smell of burnt human flesh often smelled like pig... he did not know what was there, but the slightest glance gave a humanoid shape... And if what he thought was true, which he hopes to uncover, these trolls will be reduced to ashes. 

"I Assure you we will not stay long. we simply wish to know some information is all. From one cook to another eh?" he himself did have some knowledge of cooking... When one needs to feed himself on the road, he picks up some tricks. 

Branka could only roll her eyes at the first interaction with the trolls.

She felt talking to monsters was a waist of breath that could be used to cut them down.

a hard life had widdled down her patients and temper to almost a hairs length.

But she wasn't a wild animal; she knew that for the child's sake she would have to muster whatever shred of civility she had left.

Brankas Blood ran cold when she caught a glimpse of what was cooking.

While she had no way to confirm what it was sense the brutes blocked it so quickly, she feared the worst.

It took all her composure not to draw her axe in anger, and demand answers.

As the troll pointed and showed a protest to YIvi, She subtly posistioned herself in front of her.

Her comparatively imposing form only making YIvi's that much smaller behind her.

Again she did her best not to start a fight, but she was clearly on edge.

As the second attempt to trick the trolls began Branka looked over her shoulder and commented "Your God can't hear you in these stone depths.. Better to rely on who can."

once any beady eyes were no longer looking in her direction, she began to turn the small fang she used to secure her axe to it's holster.

She wasn't quite ready to draw it, but she could almost hear it scream to her for blood and 'justice'

Last edited by a moderator:
Rote tilted his head, not sure what to believe when the human started talking about culinary artists. Such expressions were far beyond his vocabulary's reach. “Erhh... So, you're the one that cooks the heads then?” He said, and scratched the back of his head, now so confused that he really didn't grasp things that he normally would.

And even if the trolls actually believed what Hrafn told them, there was no fooling their overnatural senses. See, for some strange reason trolls, even a simple grey troll, could actually smell if a person was a follower of The One, and prayers to him/her rang as a painful high-pitched grinding noises in their ears. So, no matter what compliments and apologizes Hrafn made, the trolls didn't become calmer, instead, Rote soon did just as Ryta and bared his teeth and clenched his enormous fists.

“Make et stop! 'Tis unholy wat et speaks!” They cried, clearly still not set on fighting. At least not just yet.

@KageYuuki @Orikanyo @viska

Branka became very uneasy as her hand twitched inches from her axe's handle.
When the second one bared its teeth she grasped the handle tightly, ready to strike it down.
Her heart beat hard in her chest, but she managed to pull herself together and scoff angrily. "Hrafn! .. I dont think flattery is going to work on these two. "

She then got a crazy look to  her eyes, a combination of fear and excitement, as she made her way to the front of the group. 

She looked over her shoulder at the rest of them saying "Let me try talking to them, one heartless brute to another."
Branka's request was more of an ultimatum the an attempt to end things peacefully.

She looked the two trolls up and down, sizing them up, weighing her odds of survival.
crossing her arms she decided it was best to be direct "Let me put this in words you can understand. The girl is with me. She's just stupid. not 'unholy'. ."
Baring her own teeth in a toothy smirk she added "But if you want to see someone evil.."

She let that passive threat sink in a moment as she changed the subject " We were looking for something when we. caught wind of your rancid scorched flesh."
Giving a shrug she gave a glance over to Hrafn and said "guess I'm more picky about meats sense I'm 'the butcher'

Turning back to the trolls she demanded "Let us see what's on your fire and we will be on our way."
She then had momentary laps in edict as she spat and sneered- "The stink of this den is making me ill"

"I appologise but she speaks true. One look upon the fires is all we ask." he added in, looking more... thankful to Branka then one would might expect. "One look upon this... Piglette... And our business will be concluded thusly." he did not lie, their business would be finished. If it was the child, he would spare no expense in the upcoming battle. 

If not...

No harm done. 

"Please." 

Unlike the other two, Sera wasn't exactly aware of the scent human flesh carried when burned. All she knew was something was burning and the way the trolls insisted on blocking their view of the supposed piglet was enough to leave her uneasy. Worst case scenario she could fire off multiple shots with devastating accuracy faster than many could react. But the hunter wondered just how effective her arrows would be against an otherworldly creature. As tensions rocketed she took a few steps back and lightly placed a hand on Ylvi's shoulder. "I'm not sure what it is you're doing to aggravate them," she whispered, "but let's not start a fight if we can avoid it."

No sooner had those words left her mouth when Branka stepped forward and made her threat. A sigh left Sera's lips as she grasped her bow, not trusting in her ability with a short sword against something like that. "Or we can start a fight," she murmured, "that works too I guess..."

If not by Branka's harsh comments, then Sera's hand on her shoulder made Ylvi snap back to reality. She stopped saying her prayers and looked up with eyes gloss from almost crying from fright. She placed her gaze upon the fearsome trolls. They were just like she had imagined them from the stories; big noses, long hairy ears, and hunched over backs. “Then I shall be quiet...” She said in a whisper.

It was an unlucky turn of evens. Hadn't it been for Ylvi's prayer, then surely Hrafn's charm would've worked the trolls till they showed what manner of meat they were cooking over their fire. And hadn't it been for Branka's threats, the two trolls just might've backed down when the prayers to The One stopped. But as things were now? Well, the trolls were enraged, and without the prayer to scare them of, nothing kept them from getting all the more wounded up instead.

“Our grup, is secret. We won' tell et to the likes o' yu! Now begone or yu will be cooking yu when we' done eatin' the witch!” Hissed the male troll as picked up his sword, not realising his mistake.

Ryta followed court and dove for her own sword. An impressive feat of acrobacy considering the size of the troll. Certainly, these creatures were quicker and more agile than then looked.

“Git out!”

@KageYuuki @Orikanyo @viska

"So be it, but you shall know our true reason for being here. We were sent by A woman who had her child stolen, foot prints lead us this way from the point of which she was stolen. And beads were found as well, along with a fawn left tied to the porch, something I think would be seen as payment. "If you had harmed a singular hair upon that child's head, if you had stolen her in this false pretense of "fair" trade. If you had slain her and put her upon that fire. There will be no escaping the wrath that will come! Now speak your plea! And lay your sins bare and the gods shall judge ye!" his tone made a rather dramatic shift. 

"SPEAK! AND MERCY WILL BE GIVEN! There are more then us, and the lurk not but outside! twelve fold men, with steel in their arms and upon their bodies! the searing bite shall be but a sample of the torment the gods shall visit upon you should you have committed this grave sin! And if you dare say and grovel that this was a sacrifice, when it was not yours to sacrifice in the beginning you shall be naught but thieves, sinners and filicides!" a proper tongue lashing, and making damn certain they wont grovel that it was a sacrifice. "Speak, while the biting iron holds it's anger, strike? And you shall find no solace in death, for your soul shall be cursed by all gods."

he may stretch it here and there...

But there ain't nobody who can accept killing a child, god's new or old, only true monsters kill them. No matter what you sacrifice to. 

When the trolls made their move, Branka raised her arm out to the side as if to block them from YIvi behind her, 
with a free hand she drew 
her battle axe.
A tinge of regret crossing her mind as she felt things were going to get ugly .

But then it finally dawned on her what the troll had said "witch". 
Was it her target from before this whole mess started?
Or perhaps it was some poor wretched thing who was foolish enough to get caught. 
Worse yet, could it still be the child roasting there?

Branka had had enough; she knew she would hear about it later, but she simply no longer cared.

She was just about to attack when Hrafn laid into them with a verbal assault.
As she listened she hoisted her axe on to her shoulder and assumed a defensive stance.

She wasn't dumb enough speak again, but she also wasn't careless enough to provoke an early battle.
After all, these 'reinforcements' were a bluff.

The two trolls had probably counted on the humans to be more scared, but now that both Hrafn and Branka was standing their ground, the otherworldly beings started becoming hesitant. Rote took one step back, pointing his sword in front of him as if to keep the humans at a distance, uncertain if fighting really was such a good idea if there were twelve, men outside. Not that he couldn't count further than five (the amount of fingers on his left hand, he needed the right one to unfold them as he counted) but he had heard that this number – twelve – was about the same amount as 'many'. Ryta, who was slightly smarter than Rote, did not completely buy into Hrafn's bluff. She knew that there were little chance a dozen men waited for them outside the cave, so she put on a wide smirk on her ugly face.

“Et lies! Kill et!” She shouted and leaped forward as she let out a furious shout that echoed against the walls of the small cave. Her first blow with the huge wooden sword was aimed towards Hrafn, who appeared to be the enemy leader.

The second that followed the male troll lunged forward with incredible speed, sword first in an attempt to cut Branka in two. And he might very well have succeeded wasn't it for the distraction provided by an arrow, fired by Sera. Though the arrow now sat in the troll's shoulder, nothing said the troll would stop, for it was now full of rage.

Poor Ylvi had never been in a fight more than scratching and dragging another girl's hair before. And even that was several years ago by now. So naturally she cowered behind Branka unable to know what to do in the chaos that had now arised.

@KageYuuki @viska @Orikanyo

Branka's eyes narrowed into a hateful leer as the trolls dared to attack.
As the sword barely missed obliterating her, she stood her ground to defend YIvi.
Her seasoned instincts allowing her to keep a degree of focus amidst the chaos that was braking out.

Shoving YIvi back to get her out of the frey, she bellowed out a roar almost like that of an angry bear.
Rushing towards the male troll, she barely dodged another crushing blow.
Swinging her great axe in the dim light, she felt it bite deeply into flesh.

However, the mark it struck wasn't what she had hoped for.
aiming to slice the trolls belly open, she only cleaved the troll's tail.

As the troll cried out and thrashed in pain, he struck Branka with is powerful arm sending her slamming into the stone wall.

a small splash of blood spewed from her open mouth as she hit.
She slumped to the ground for a moment before scrambling to her feet.

She re-assumed her stance, now with a slight wobble to it.

Sera gave a low growl, moving to stand in front of Ylvi. While she would normally have pulled her out of the cave and away from the fight, turning her back to these two would likely end . . . poorly. Already Branka seemed to be badly injured from being slammed into the wall. What a mess this was quickly turning into. She loosed several more arrows towards the pair of trolls, looking to pierce a lung. Granted an arrow through the belly could be debilitating in its own right.

"Ylvi! get back!' he called to the woman before just barely side stepping and overhead chop from the troll woman's blade. "Damn it!" he thrust forwards towards the troll's face, falling short but causing her to leap away. "Guess there's no helping it." he grumbled, Branka was already hurt, and to keep fighting with two armed trolls. But there was no certainty of winning this battle, and they were already too far gone to convince to stand down. The male's tail was severed, and Branka's blood had been spilt, had they committed the sin or not, they are guilty now. 

And being the eldest of the group, he takes place as the judge in this situation, and his verdict... 

Burned at stake. 

"Petunia! Fetch the oil!" he called to his reindeer, an animal that had been impassive up until now. it's master called and so it did as it had been taught. Reaching back it pluck a twine attached to a clay cannister and tossed it Hrafn's way. The man snatched the Clay pot's line and back stepped another frightfult swipe of the wooden blade. "I had warned you, I'm one hell of a chef! But even i still oft use abit more flame than usual!" he tossed the clap pot upon the troll, shattering and spilling the oil upon her. "You face Hrafn, tell the god's who sent you!!" 

"Tända!" he called with fierce determination, a slight tap of his staff upon the ground brought the wind necessary to bring the spell to life. "To ashes with you!" 

it was a heated second before the small spark came to life upon the female troll, catching the oil that covered her upper body and soaked the hair up into a rancorous plume of red flames. 

He however wasted no time to watch her burn, as he struck her leg with his sword to bring her down to the ground. "Branka! Slay the other!" 

The two trolls had started this fight because they were angry and annoyed with the inquisitive and nosy humans. But that was no longer the case, no, they were now fighting for their lives in panic and out of sheer desperation. Rote, who had had half his tail chopped of by Branka’s mighty axe and had been pierced by several of Sera’s arrows was starting to lose his vision due to his eyes tearing up from the biting paint that he felt in his tail and chest. The source of the chest pain; an arrow that had punctured his left lunge. Blood had already started to fill up his mouth and run from his mouth, causing a rain of red drops as the troll roared and desperately threw it’s sword at its foes after which it started flailing about with his arms in mad fury, hoping to at least hit anyone or anything before he went down.

For Ryta things was going even worse. Not only were there steel arrowheads burning her otherworldly flesh, but actual fire had since engulfed her entirely thanks to Hrafn’s and Petunia’s clever devices. In other words, she was beyond desperation, and threw herself to the stone floor of the cave, wriggling about like a worm impaled on a fishing hook, completely and utterly unable to put out the oil-fueled flames.

Getting the order to get back from Hrafn, Ylvi started backing away, she quickly made her way outside of the cave. Once outside again the air wasn’t as bad, and the stench of fried troll and burnt flesh was considerably less present, not that it was any relief to Ylvi. From the inside she could still hear the roars and screams of the trolls over the other ruckus of the ongoing battle. She hadn’t been the least helpful, she had only made things worse. Useless. She fell to her knees in the soft, deep, green moss, cupped her hands and turned her gaze skyward;

“Be my fortress, be my burrow, be the hand that protects me and mine. Encircle my allies with thine grace, and see that no harm comes their way.” She whispered in prayer, heart beating and words trembling. If she couldn’t help them in battle, perhaps at least she could pray for her newfound friends to be safe.

@viska @KageYuuki @Orikanyo

Branka Struggled to stay out of harms way.
Her agility diminished from the trauma she suffered hitting the stone wall.
Even before the female troll was lit ablaze the cave began to take on a red tint for her.
Her white of her left eye was quickly turning red from ruptured vesicles.

She cursed how easily she was injured, but in life, it only take one lucky hit to end it all.

It wasn't until she heard "Branka, slay the other one!" did she finally snap out of her
daze.
Spitting a mouth full of blood on the stone floor, she again hoisted her large axe on to her shoulder.
It felt much heavier now, but luckily adrenalin was begining to take hold of her.

She gave another battle cry "Your head or mine!" and charged straight into the chaos.

As the male troll failed, she was again struck by the trolls large arms.
But rather then being sent reeling, this time she was able to stop herself by hooking her axe into a crack in the wall.
With a strong pull she was back in a ready stance.

Taking this chance, she swung her axe horizontally and buried it's steel blade deep into the trolls stomach.
And with a quick yank, she removed it.
Being versed in the death throws of men and animals, she decided a tactical withdrawal was best.
Diving as far out of the way as her weakend body would let her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back