• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Magical and Middle-Aged- redraider and JyoMonty

redraider

It was a quiet evening in Chicago- granted, quiet here just meant 'not quite enough to shatter eardrums', but it could have been worse . The 9 to 5 crew was heading home, and the restaurants and night spots were just beginning to fill up. Suddenly, a little green light shot through an intersection, narrowly avoiding an up-close-and-personal encounter with a windshield. The driver of the Toyota in question stuck his left hand out the window and raised the third digit, yet Aria had bigger things on her mind.

This is not what I covered in Magical Mascot School, the little fairy mused as she desperately looked for someone worthy of giving her powers to. Unfortunately, the Windy City's handful of magical girls were either occupied or too far away to help, and the situation required an immediate response. Aria spun around, surprised to spot a pair of possible candidates. Untraditional, to be sure, but any port in a storm.

Amy had invited her good friend Priscilla for a girl's night out. The blonde held the door open, only to be shocked as a very little girl, about six inches tall, flew into the restaurant's entryway. She rubbed her eyes, but the fairy was still there. Either I'm too drunk, or I'm not drunk enough. And quite frankly, I'm not sure which possibility is more disturbing...

A gust flew passed Priscilla as she walked into the restaurant's entrance. The gust was so strong, her locks blew in front of her face. She huffed several locks off her left eye. "I knew this was the windy city, but wooowee!" She then looked at Amy and noticed she was staring at something. "Are you okay, girl?"

Aria fluttered up to Priscilla, a fit of indignant pique in her eyes. "Hey, miss. Yoo-hoo! Over here! There's a monster attack, and none of the magical girls in the city are ready to fight it! There's no time to argue, I need you!"

Amy went rigid. Monsters were really bad news, even the police couldn't do much more than annoy them. There was a reason magical girls were so well-respected- they were the only people who could protect the innocent in such times. To her credit, she recovered really quickly. "Alright, whatever your name is. I'll go for this. What do we have to do?"

Priscilla's mouth dropped seeing the fairy, and she frantically placed a hand in front of the little one. "Hooold up. I don't want to argue but we need at least a minute." she looked over to Amy. "Girl, you sure you want to do this? How do we know this isn't a trap?"

However, on the inside, Priscilla was jumping with joy at the opportunity. She and Amy always talked about making a difference and this would be one way of going about it, but she also wanted to be careful. Monsters came in all shapes and sizes and they needed a level head to judge if this fairy wasn't one in disguise.

At that moment, there was a huge clamor from across the street. A... thing was pounding on the wall of a building. It was humanoid, but stood seven feet tall and looked to be made of black ooze, with no signs of any features. She'd never actually seen one up close and personal, yet Amy knew exactly what it was- recognizing the various forms of monsters was a good survival strategy just in case. A Shadow. It wasn't very powerful, and its only real ability was super strength, but it didn't need anything else to cause a good deal of havoc.

Amy's eyes whipped back to Aria, then to Priscilla. "Scilla, if that's a fake, it's better than anything Hollywood could do. There's people in danger right now if somebody doesn't take that Shadow out. I say the time for discussion is over. Besides, I think you always wanted a shot at this. Let's go!"

Priscilla sighed but allowed a smirk to form on her face as she placed an arm around Amy. "You're right. This is a dream come true. I'm only doing this because no one else can help though. As my momma always said, 'You betta help others in need or I'll whoop you silly.' "

She turned to the fairy. "Alright, missy. What do we need to do?"

Aria raised her hands and an orb of green light floated into each of the ladies. "There we go. The magic's inside you now, can you feel it? It wants to be free and unleashed, all you have to do is just... let it guide you."

Amy's eyes rolled back into her head, but she tried to follow instructions. There was a sense of energy and vitality in her now, something that hadn't been there before. Was that it? Words jumped unbidden to her mouth- "Magical Girl! Mermaid Splash!"

A column of water rose up around Amy, and when it subsided, she stood anew. Her hair had turned a brilliant blue, the same color as the gossamer dress around her. It almost looked like... no, it was water, flowing around her in a beautiful gown straight out of a fairytale. Amy's grin was ear to ear. "Well, no points for guessing what power I got. I'm really interested to see what you look like, Scilla."

Priscilla looked Aras over with the biggest grin on her face. "I do to too, because, my goodness, you are so gorgeous!" She placed her hand on her chest and closed her eyes but didn't feel anything.
She frowned. "Hm. Fairy, you sure-"

A beeping sound emanated from her waist. She looked at her belt loop as the little star-shaped digital pet glowed with a brilliant light. She clipped it off her loop and raised it with both hands above her head, the light triggering words in her mind. "Illuminating Nite Lite!"

Her body levitated and turned into beautiful pink silhouette. Sparkles swirled all around, the silhouette spinning in a ballerina twirl with her arms extended above her. The sparkling lights clung to her chest before spreading up her arms and down to the back of her ankles. A crackling pop occurred revealing a flowery black dress with tiny white stars along the entire surface, leaving her shoulders and front of her legs bare. Sparkles clung to her feet, transforming with a ting sound into glossy black short-heeled shoes. Sparkles flowed through her hair turning her slightly frayed brown locks into smooth black locks. Lastly, all the remaining sparkles converged to her digital pet as she lowered it in front of her neck forming a gold star choker on her neck.

She opened her eyes and the moment she crossed her right arm around her chest and made the peace sign with the other arm, the silhouette burst to reveal her new form.

"Nite-Lite?! Of all the silly, cheesy names to get..." If the situation wasn't so dire, Amy would have been rolling on the floor. Not that Mermaid Splash was any better, but still. She looked across the street at the Shadow. "Seems we've got work to do. Best hop to it!"

Amy charged out of the restaurant and stared the monster down. Water wasn't the worst power to have in a big city- pipes ran everywhere, and she could feel the flow around her. She stopped up one directly under the Shadow to generate a little extra pressure, then released it to knock the monster down. Not bad for her first time.

Priscilla huffed as she charged next to Amy. "Well, my auntie would say 'Better to be cheesy, than sick and wheezy', thank you very much." She saw the monster flat on the ground. "How about I give you an assist?"

She lifted her hand as the stars on her sleeve glowed and detached from it. The stars connected together forming a shield. Priscilla pushed on the power inside her, thrusting the shield towards the pillar of water. The water ricocheted off the shield, drenching the Shadow with the pressured water. "The black ooze seems like some kind of oil. Do you think this can break him apart?"

"Yeah, but you know we'll have to do more than that!" Amy watched as the Shadow started to tear apart, and then she saw it. The Void. The empty space in all monsters where the heart should be, and always the fatal weak point. Destroy the Void, destroy the monster.

"Nite Light! The Void! Hit it with everything you've got!" Amy was staring to get a feel for her powers now. If she could use the water around her, perhaps she could also create it. Deep breath, girl. Here we go... "Aquablast!" A massive torrent of water shot from Amy's hands, hitting the Void hard. But it wasn't going to be enough to destroy it. She'd need Scilla's help.

"Roger, here goes nothing!" Priscilla raised her hand above her head as stars withdrew from her dress and formed three separate rings. Dropping her arm towards the Void she yells, "Super Nova!"

The rings rushed towards the Void and then hovered around it. The star rings expanded like a rubber band before collapsing into the Void, causing a massive explosion. Priscilla covered her face with her right arm as she slid a few inches backwards, absorbing the shockwave of the blast.

That did it. The Shadow's Void let out a horrific tearing sound, then gave up the ghost. Without its Void, the monster itself collapsed into a noxious puddle of goo, and Amy quickly conjured a stream of water to clean up the mess. Aria fluttered over to look at the pair.

"Pretty good for a first time out, I'd say. You're a couple of natural heroines!" At this, Amy beamed a smile from ear to ear.

Priscilla smiled at the fairy's praise. "Oh yeah? Mighty nice of you to say!" She then raised an eyebrow. "By the way, we still don't know your name. And will you hang around us all the time in the form of a cat or something?"

The fairy puffed up with an inflated sense of self-worth. "I'm Aria! Aria Littlewing, at your service. I do prefer this form, but..." the diminutive girl returned Priscilla's eyebrow raise with one of her own. "I can take any form you wish me to. If you want me to be a cat, I can certainly meow at ungodly hours and scratch up your furniture."

Priscilla shook her head and waved her hands. "Nope, nope. This form of yours is a-ok. Besides, don't think my dog needs anymore cat trouble in his life."

She looked at Amy then back at Aria. "Amy, you think your landlord would allow a fairy as an extra tenant?"

"Aria, can you cover your half of the rent?" The fairy rolled her eyes at this, but sighed in agreement.

"Alright, alright. I'll stay with you, Amy. If we need you, Scilla, I can just teleport to wherever you are, now that my magic is linked to you."

"So that's how it works. Hm." Priscilla smiled at Aria. "Well, just give me a warning before zipping me over."

She looked back at Amy. "Calling it quits for the night or should the three of us do something together?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back