• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Magic is Dead

Raema

Floof
I was not quite sure how best to categorize this idea, so I figured I would just put "multiple settings" and hope for the best. This can go one of two ways: cyberpunk or steampunk. I think either one of those as the primary setting works well, and then you throw a layer of fantasy on top of that.

But first, you might ask yourself, 'Raema, who are you and what are you looking for?'. I'm glad you asked. Also I'm glad I have this handy script put together for just such an occasion.

About me:
+ I'm very friendly and I love to chat OOC. If you want to add me on Discord to plot, chat, or whatever I'm happy to do it there or stick to PMs.
+ I find it easiest to RP with other people who are friendly. If you like to stick to 'strictly business', and not fangirl (or fanboy. I don't discriminate) about our RP or plot or just be friendly... we may not get along
+ I tend to prefer to RP with partners who are 18+, since I am personally
+ My posts are usually from 2-3 paragraphs. The shorter the reply, the more often I can reply back (I also tend to get pretty invested in stories I love... nothing makes me happier than rapid-fire responses back and forth that maintain that quality)
+ I do not like traditional doubling and focus on the two main characters (yours and mine), but I love having a diverse cast. To that...
+ I usually play a cast of characters, both genders, friends, enemies, neutral, one-off and recurring. It all helps to build out the world
+ I have no aversion to dark themes, no triggers. As long as you aren't breaking the site's rules, we're good
+ I really, really love plotting and world building

What I'm looking for:
+ Write in third person past-tense and be able to give me at least 1-2 readable paragraphs. Write with some detail. If I can't understand a reply I have a hard time replying, so while I don't care too much about typos or grammar errors, if they get to be too much it makes things difficult
+ Be able to handle occasional darker plots and subject matter. If you have any triggers we can discuss that beforehand and avoid them
+ Actively help with the plot. I love building a collaborative story or I wouldn't be RPing!
+ Like I kind of mentioned above, having an OOC chat will really help me warm up to the plot. Not required though, just an option!
+ RP in PMs only
+ Romance if included should be realistic

Enough of the boring stuff! On with the show! Or, plot, or whatever.

Setting Concept
Magic used to be a driving force. The wild and natural power of it made for a dangerous world for humans. Shapeshifters, faeries, dragons, and magical creatures of all kinds maintained their own societies. Magic itself was even occasionally used to lend aid to those humans while they were first starting out. That was a mistake.

Humans started to take root. As they developed, the wilds died around them. They needed to clear forests to make room to build and for materials. They dug mines and pulled material from the earth. They burned and purged the land around them to make it more livable and comfortable. As their society developed, as nature was beaten back and lost its mystery, so too did magic fade from the world. Shapeshifters could no longer shift forms, faeries retreated to lands unknown, dragons became a distant memory. They all became the things of tales that humans told to their children.

And still the humans developed and expanded. Magic was no more.

At least - it was no longer apparent. A few magical creatures still live on, struggling to survive in a world whose technology now rivals what magic could do just as it killed the force of it.

So there you have it! If that looks fun to you, send me a PM and we can hash out some details! I had some ideas here for pairings in a world like that, but I would love to hear from anyone who reads that concept and wants to build and RP in a world like that.

I will only RP on-site, so please keep that in mind.

Lol, I like that! Nice to see another person that likes to play multiple characters.

I'd be up for this, it looks great. Few questions.... I'd like primarily MxM if there is romance.
I like to play mainly male characters, although I might throw in a female wherever. I understand it's a developed world now, sounds like it is modern day. Are we starting with a group of people that know each other.....or? How do you usually start this?

PM Me, I'm interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back