Chitchat Magic Cafe

So, the kind of magic system you want to use. What does it cost to cast a spell?

There's two or three big things to keep in mind when using magic in a story. One is that is should cost something, or there should be some reason that it's not used to solve every problem. Two, your characters that use magic need to have limitations. If they are the protagonist, those limits need to be very clear to the reader. Otherwise, the reader won't know when they're in a situation that's dangerous for them, or if a problem that arises is going to be challenging, and there will be no suspense.

WATCH OUT! THE ROOT BEAR IS COMING TO TAKE HIS DRINKS BACK!

*Sighs and pokes @Wixard in the chest, giggling.* So, Krystal, Wixard, whatcha been up to? *Stands up and dashes behind her bar, leaning against the marble surface.*

Oho? *Strolls in through the front...back...Um...side door, taking a seat in the corner and waiting patiently to be noticed...Whilst talking to himself.* A cafe? Well, some caffeine certainly never hurts.

M-Mmm?! Oh, I was starting to think...Ah, never-mind. *Puts on a smile.* Nonsense, you got here eventually didn't you?

Nope. Not formal at all. Just had to do so. *Hurries over to the bar and makes a soft flowing drinking.* Here ya go, a soft Wizard Slush. Enjoy. :3 

Ah, thanks! *Takes the drink, swiftly consuming about a tenth of what's in it before speaking again.* So uh...How much does this cost?

Oh me? *Takes another sip of the drink.* I'm doing quite well...Well, I wasted my weekend, so I'm annoyed about that. But otherwise I'm quite well. How about you?

Mmm...Well that's good... *Starts swirling the contents of the slush.* Always nice to get some sleep after a long week...I guess.

Mmm? Oh no, everything's fine now just... *Sips the drink once more.* Sleep is pretty much my nemesis at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back