Magic and Secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I can solemnly agree with you on that, nobody is the best at anything despite how much they claim to be. I feel like my families downfall will be because of that mindset." She sighed softly to herself, as much as she loved and cherished her family, she also thought they were very ignorant at times. "Well, one think that has never bored me is a good book and it would seem you have plenty here for me to read." She gave him a thoughful smile as he scooped her back up, her much small body pressed up gentle upon his as she gave a nod. "Alright, show me to your enchanting lab." She chuckled softly, happy that he at least thought she had promise and also that he had faith in her, due go how she acted and thought, she had little faith in hrself to do much of anything important. Her harlequin hair drapped down her shoulders as she looked at him for a long moment and finally turned her attention elsewhere.

Elijah walked through the door that led to the stairs. He went through the same process, carrying her then setting her down once they arrived. The entire room was filled with potions and plants and chemicals and containers of all kinds. Everything that one could want in a room of science and magic, he had and somehow was able to fit it all in this one room. "Some of the chests in this room are connected to the other Elijah's. It is so that we are never low on supplies. And sometimes we may need something not native to the world we are currently in." He explained. "One day I will teach you how to communicate and work with the other Anastasia's. I cannot promise it won't end horribly though. Sometimes we are not all that cooperative with each other. I tried it once before with a different apprentice..." He sighed and shook his head, "He was not as ready as I thought. You seem similar enough to me though. So there is a great chance you will be successful." He looked around before lowering himself and whispering to Anastasia, "Do not tell anyone but I am quite fond of you..." He stood up straight. "If you tell anyone I'll deny it." He nudged her playfully. Elijah walked over to one of the enchantment tables, "This one I use for clothes and other forms of apparel. We can't demonstrate it with you at the moment but, fun fact, enchantments actually add tiny amounts of weight to the enchanted item." He pointed to another one just some feet away, "That one is for staffs, wands, books, and other mediums. I used it to create this book." He pointed to the big book that floated beside him.

Anastasia strolled around the room, looking all over the place at his work stations, his ingredients and all the tools used to making all his fascinating objects. She ran her fingers lightly over one of the tables, her eyes stuck on the tubes and containers that held all sorts of things, many of which she had never seen before. Running her hands through her hair, she turned and looked to Elijah and listened to his praise, tilting her head she watched him lean down and come close, his comment making her laugh, even more so what he said after he rose back up. Smiling she looked to where he pointed, listening to everything he was telling her, it amused her and when he should her where he made his book, she found herself going to the table and looking back at him. "Would you make me a book as well, if not now maybe sometime in the future?"

Elijah put a hand over his heart, taking a small step back. Could he be feeling... Love? No it was illlogical. His adoration grew intensely at her request. "No one has ever wanted a book like mine before..." He spoke with surprise. "Anastasia I have never felt love before now. I will gladly make you one of your very own." He spoke proudly. He didn't have many apprentices and the ones he did have basically sucked. They had no appreciation for the higher thing in life, knowledge. But this girl was like the companion he had never wanted and it was fantastic. All the things they could do together, all the stuff they could learn, all the teachings he could bestow. "My book is enchanted to allow unlimited text to be put into it. It lets me create spells on the spot without needing anything but the book itself. It also connects to all the other Elijahs' books. Every Elijah in every reality and timeline has one. With your own, you could work towards doing the same. Once we are done with the tour, I'll teach you how to make your own book. It is a process you must commit to. You must start from picking out the cover, then putting in the pages, then creating the enchantment, and so on. I'll explain it all later." He waved his hand.

Anastasia tilted her head a bit, she was confused by his posture and how he just reacted to her request. A light smile on her face seeing him break his composer. Her dark eyes began to scan him as a soft bluah crossed her face about love. She honestly didn't understand the emotion herself, it confused her greatly. "It's nice seeing you get so happy about something, but I do mean it.. I would like a book like yours, it fascinates me." She held a strand of her hair while staring at him, her face still covered in the soft blush. She grew anxious as she wondered how she'd make her own perfect book. She listened to his explanation and she grew excited to begin working on her book. Walking back over towards him she placed her hands behind her back and smiled. "Okay than, what else do you have to show me Elijah?"

Elijah picked up Anastasia, "The fourth floor. It is where I keep all my materials for making paper, books, scrolls, and all other forms of parchment and the like. We will stop once we get to the fifth floor. I don't want to waste time when there is much to do." He left the third floor with her and set her back down once they got to the fourth. Just like he said, it was a place for all things involving literature and writing. "Everything here is blank and unused. Take a look around. Get a feel for it all. You'll be spending some time here during the construction of your book." He gestured for her to go and explore the large room.

Anastasia gave a nod, walking back to him so he could cradle her in his arms and carry her to the next floor. She stared at him as he climbed to the fourth floor, her dark eyes scanning him. She was eager to see the materials, she woukd be having a great time once she got to properly look through it all and make her own lovely book like Elijahs. Smiling, she held the front of his cloak and laid against him, that is until he set he back down after reaching the next floor. Looking about, a large smile appeared on her face as she looked all around and than looked back at him excitingly. "So I can use whateverI like in here?" She seemed to be thrilled to be Elijahs apprentice, she was quite happy to have met him.

Elijah nodded, "Everything in this tower is at your disposal. But let us continue our tour. The fifth floor is where I store apparel, mostly of famous people from different worlds and times. A lot are stolen but believe me when I say anything but the original won't do. I am sentimental when it comes to the authentic. It works as an armory since all of the outfits hold the powers and skills of their original wearers. And it is where your outfit is. So now you can be properly clothed. And not be so.... Tiny." He knelt down and grabbed onto her head gently with his hand. "You're a tiny thing... Now let us be off." He picked her up with one arm and went to the fifth floor with her. "The outfits are all sizes suited for your kind. People of the smaller size." He commented.

Anastasia turned half way to look over her shoulder at him, she gave a faint smile and came walking up to him. "Thank you for letting me have the opportunity to look at your things, show me this giant closet you have on the fifth floor." She scoffed at his tiny comment and than laid against him as he carried her up to the next floor. Once there her eyes widened, there were so many different and unique type of clothing, some of them bizarre and others elegant and beautiful. She took a few steps ahead and than crossed her arms and looked back at him dully. "Well not everyone can be your size Elijah." She stuck out her tongue and walked around looking at the clothing around her, she wasn't at all sure what to choose, so she called out to Elijah. "What colors do you think will look good on me? Also since you didn't particularly like me exposing so much skin, I'll go for a more covered up look." 

"I do not mind your partial or complete nudity. But if you are to travel with me, apparel will be needed to avoid attracting a being who may tempt you to stray from the path of knowledge. As for your outfit. It shall be your current one for now." He walked over to a wardrobe and opened it, pulling out her now dry and warm apparel. "Wear this for now. We will tour more later, as the sixth floor is the floor where you can create fabrics and clothes and apparel of all kinds." He informed her as he handed her back her outfit. "What would you like to do now? I cannot teach you spells yet, but we can do other things that may interest you." He walked back over to the door and waited for her.

"Wow, you think so little of me. Why would I even want to bother with other people, there was a reason why I was in the swamp when you met me you know." She raised a brow and smiled at him, accepting the outfit she was wearing. It was warm and smelt nice too, it had the scent of Elijah's tower. She smiled more as she got dresses, her walked back to himas he waited for her by the door. "You have a lot to do here, but I think I know what I wanna do. Can we go back downstairs and sit.. I want you to show me your book, like some of the stuff you have in it."  She honestly didn't want to do anything else and if she could learn magic, she wanted to learn something. 

"It is not about you bothering with people it is about people bothering you. Best to not take risks." He nodded to her, "Very well. I will translate any words you may wish to read." As he put his hand on the door handle, a glyph began glowing then disappeared. When he opened the door and led Anastasia through they arrived back on the first floor. "A lot of what I have and know is not as special as it seems. But my book is the only possession I have that I believe is extremely special and unique." He closed the door behind them and walked back over to a chair, sitting down and pulling one beside him. "Take a seat and let us begin."

Anastasia laughed softly to herself at his comment, she supposed he had a point and she didn't like unwanted attention like that anyway. Her whole life so far she thought was good, but unlike her twin brother, she preferred to stay away from people. She liked being in her room, reading books holding stories, knowledge, legends, spells, anything really. It was one of the only things that could keep her attention longer than a minute or two. Following slowly behind him, she stopped and waited as shepeeked around him seeing the glyph form. He really did glyphs well, she envied that, but she'd wait patiently for him to teach her spells when he thought her to be ready. Walking through the door, she again followed him as he pulled a chair beside his own. She hadn't lied about anything to him and liked that fact that he believed her, she also liked that he wanted to share all he knew with her. She adored this tower and was quite surprised that she was so eager to do things with him,to be taught by him. Smiling softly, she took her seat and looked to the side at his book. "It's a treasure you shoukd be proud of Elijah, I'm very happy to be making my own sometime soon." Her smile grew, as her dark eyes stared at the book and then up at him, patiently awaiting for him to allow her to look over it with him. She really just wanted to sit and read with him and she hoped he did as much as she did.

Elijah brought his book down to her level so she could look at the contents. "It is filled with a lot of information. Is there something you would like to know?" He asked her as he turned the large pages. The symbols in the book continued moving and shifting around, some even overlapping each other as they never halted. "Translating all of this would be impossible since there is always new information being put into it." He stopped turning the pages and look down at his apprentice. He waited for her to pick something she would want to know about.

Anastasia watched the forever moving pages, the information stacking on top of other information, it would indeed give any normal person a headache just staring at it for too long. Lightly touching his book, she looked up at him and spoke softly. "I wanna know things about demi-gods." Her words kinda seemed empty when she said that, but her eyes showed a great interest on the subject. She'd never met other demi-gods and her parents and their friends weren't ones for teaching her and her brother about such things. Gnawing her lip, she traced her finger tip on the edge of the book, waiting to see Elijah to begin flipping through pages and showing her the information on the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back