Magic and Secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetro

Uncle Dad
Elijah was standing outside his newly created cobblestone tower that resided south of Kohaku village in a swampy marshy area, staring down at some blue mushrooms growing. "A new kind..." He looked back and forth between the fungus and his book as he wrote notes down. "Truly exciting. Purple gills, blue cap, cerulean stem. Perhaps the specimen holds magical properties? It could be environmental. The swamp I am currently residing in holds many different proteins and organisms. Flamingos alter color due to their diet. Therefor I shall name this specific type of fungus... Azul Pajaro. Spanish for blue bird. I wonder if I could cross breed it... Hmmm. Possibly give it a cap with wing-like flaps?" He continued writing in his book.

4bc8d119bcaad475245dedc4c3e511b0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anastasia was hovering about, her laying in a relaxed postion on her stomach as she held up her chin with her hands while floating. She had just left Kohaku Village, already growing bpred bored of it and the people there. She was always bored it seemed, the poor demi-god had nothing to do and she was starting to get impatient with life. Sighing she looked around to where exactly she hovered herself to. Lowering to the ground, it seemd she was in a swamp like area. Touching her finger to her chin, she began to walk, curious about the area. As she walked deeper into the swampy area, she noticed off in the distance, some sort of tower. Tilting her head to the side, she walked towards it and something surprised her as she did so, she sensed a strange aura nearby. Changing course she headed to the aura instead and there she saw a rather tall man. She stared at him a bit, her in the opening just enough to be spotted as she watched him write in a book. "You know talking to yourself looks weird to others!" She stood there as she just couldn't take her eyes off of the strange cloaked man.

f0a086543af1fad13a5ffed457cc199b1.jpg

Elijah looked continued writing without looking up from his book, "A new face. A witch perhaps? No, your apparel reveals enough skin but your energy is quite different. More powerful but lacking at the same time... A demi-god. A fine specimen indeed. Decent hips, slim frame, curved body. Obviously female but lacking in the extreme feminine aspects that comes with association with god-like beings. And certainly not the best contender for bearing children. Your traits are balanced between your mother and father. Your purpose is not a clear one but you would make for a fine apprentice." He spoke plainly. Finally he addressed her comment, "Oh thank goodness you came here in time to tell me my talking to myself would look weird. Obviously the cloak, my lack of a proper face, and standing twelve feet tall isn't what turns heads." He looked up, speaking sarcastically to Anastasia. "What brings you to these parts?" He closed his book and stared at the girl.

Anastasia was at a loss for words, she stood there gawking at him as he sarcastical detailed her very being, it bothered her some, but the sad truth of it was that he wasn't a bit wrong. Staring at him curiously she shrughed and crossed her arms. "Your height, nor you apparel or appearance bothers me, I simple was teasing at you about talking to yourself. I guess I'm bad at doing that kind of thing." She leaned her head to one side and sighed, for once in her life she was entirely bored, this man was weird, yet intriguing. "To answer your question, I was simply wandering about because I was bored... why did you think I'd be a good apprentice, since apparently I won't be any good at bearing children.." Her brow raised a bit more as she stared up at him dully.

"Because despite your weak lineage you hold potential. Your body is also strong enough to undergo plenty of punishment if an experiment or spell were to go wrong. And you aren't bad at bearing children, it just isn't a strength of yours as it would be for others." He answered her honestly. Elijah seemed to hover as he moved over to her. He stared down at her, "Your levels of dopamine are low, hence your boredom. One that does not have a passion or a goal in life is perfect for teaching. If you're willing to learn that is. I have much knowledge and it does me no good if I cannot share it." He explained. "My name is Elijah... What is your name, skin barer?" He asked, his little nickname for her not sounding ironic or pretentious at all. He was just straight forward and blunt. He didn't bother to pretend to be or feel something, ever. Elijah opened his book and began writing without taking his eyes off of Anastasia.

Anastasia raised her hands and shrugged. "I do not mind learning things, that is as long as they interest me." Her dark eyes stared up at him in a rather dull way, her looking him over and watching as he wrote in his book. Floating up she peered down at his book and than at him. "You're very honest, a bit blunt too. I can respect that." Resting back down to the floor she softly spoke. "Elijah, huh? My name is Anastasia and I hope you keep me entertained while you teach me." She didn't mind his comment on how much skin she exposed, she liked the way she looked and that's all that mattered.

The words in Elijah's book were constantly moving and looked layered. They were also blurry beyond understanding and weren't in any language Anastasia might know. "Knowledge is the reward. Any other form of entertainment is primitive and a distraction from the more important matters." He laughed. "But you are young and still developing so I will tend to you accordingly if it shall help you focus." He closed his book and pat her head. "I may also require you to act as a test subject. Do not worry about dying. I will make sure you don't no matter how horrible the experiment." He explained and reassured her. "So, Anastasia... Hmm have you ever thought of changing your name? Something quicker and catchier?" He asked, observing the girl. "Hmm, we will discuss that later. So tell me what kind of magic you are most familiar with." He opened his book again, writing down notes as always.

Anastasia crossed her arms and shook her head smiling some at him. He really did seem to enjoy learning about new things and his book seemed like it was full of years of research and knowledge he had gained over his life. "I suppose you are right about many things being a distraction, especially since you seem to know exactly what you like to do and stick to it." Combing her fingers through her hair, she twisted them around her finger and laughed softly. "I heal fast, I don't mind if you wanna research me, I have nothing better to do." Raising her brow she twisted her wrist and gestured towards him. "You don't like my name? Well if it's too hard for you to say on a constant basis, call me Sia. As for magic, I have it,but haven't felt the mood to explore it to see what Im good at, like I said before.. I grow rather bored of things quickly." She let out a yawn staring up at him curiously.

Elijah nodded, "The healing will be very useful. As for your name it is not difficult to say but you could give yourself a better name. Your parents aren't all that special so I don't see why they should determine what you are to be called. You are far more impressive than them... And a lot more interesting." He laughed. "Well if magic bores you then it is because you are not applying it in an appropriate manner." He stared down at her. "From this moment forward you, Anastasia, are my apprentice. You will remain by my side at all times unless I send you off to do something, and you will be subject to many experiments. For your first task, collect some of the spores from the gills of that blue mushroom, then eat it. I need to see what kinds of effects it has on organic creatures." He pointed over to the mushroom he was observing a few moments ago. Elijah walked over to it and waited, still writing in his book. "I have no idea what will happen by the way. Hopefully I can use the mushroom as an addition to my soups..."

Anastasia was intrigued with him saying she was much more interesting than her parents, but she didn't wish to change her name, she thought it suited her just fine. This man was an odd one, but she liked that he spoke his mind. "Was in necessary that you declared it all out loud?" Shrugging and sighing she floated up and pointed to him, her face a bit playful, yet serious. "Okay than, you can teach me to use my magic in an appropriate manner." She looked to the mushrooms and floated over to them, laying on her knees on the muddy ground she plucked the fungus and ate it. Nothing happened at first and she looked over at him and couldn't help, but laugh at him. "You enjoy making soups?"

"I like to make soups, yes." He responded. Elijah began to grab at Anastasia's arms and hair and face, squishing and prodding and lifting and turning her body and limbs in multiple ways, "Hmm perhaps some time is needed. Tell me how it tastes though." He stared at her more. "I use magic for the sake of obtaining knowledge. You must find your own purpose for it. I can't give you the meaning to your life, but I can tell you how to go about it the best way. People underestimate magic and use it for the dumbest things... Even some of my best apprentices end up using it for something silly. Like love or helping people. A true waste of time..." He tisked.

Anastasia stood there eyeing him as he fondled all over her body, her not caring in the slightest as to why he was doing it. She finally understood whh after he had finished his examination of her, he was just waiting to see what the mushroom would do to her. She floated up and gave him a shrug as she circled around him.  "It taste bitter and left a chalkiness to my mouth, it's after taste was a bit murky and sour." She stared at him dully, but then suddenly she dropped to the ground landing in the watery muck upon the swamp floor. She stared up at him and raised her hands up, her skin slowly changing in the color blue that the mushroom was. "Is this what you were waiting for? Seems I can't use my magic, I feel rather drained at the moment." She stood up, her body covered in slimy mud now.

Elijah took down notes the moment she told him about it's taste. He continued as she lost her magic and turned blue. "I was half correct. It has something to do with magic." He closed his book once he was done. "You being covered in mud will not do." He waved his hand slowly, a tiny blue glyph appearing over Anastasia's head. Suddenly from the glyph water began pouring down hard, completely soaking her and removing all the mud. "Better. Go ahead and leave your clothes out to dry then follow me inside so I can examine you more. Quickly now we are wasting time." He turned and walked back to the tower. "Also bring one of those mushrooms with you, I have a great idea for soup!" Elijah sounded more excited about the soup than anything else. He stopped by a small wooden rack that resided beside the entrance of the tower, "You can leave them here." He gestured to it before walking inside. The tower itself was massive due to his size, and it seemed perfectly round.

Anastasia gave a nod as she lightly wiped access mud from her, only to peer up at him with atilt of her head when he spoke that he didn't particularly like her covered in mud. "Well, I can bath late-" She was cut off by the sudden glyph that connected to her hand, an instant later the water poured over her and he stood the staring at him with a unamused expression. "You are just full of surprises aren't you..." She sighed as she followed him, scooping up one of the mushrooms as they headed to the large tower, she looked up atit and than looked at the rack by the door out front. "Fine, fine, I'll just leave them here I suppose." Undressing herself, she hung up her clothes and rolled her eyes at how excited he got over soup. "You're quite eager to make some soup out of this mushroom aren't you?" She placed a hand on her hip after entering the huge tower, her gazing around a moment awaiting where to go next.

The first level of the tower seemed like just your average living space. There was a bed, a table with chairs, a bookcase, a chest, and so on. There was another door on the left hand side a few yards from the front door that led to the second floor. "It is easier to feed an animal soup then it is to feed it something solid. Same goes for people." He explained. Elijah turned around to see Anastasia without any clothes, "You seem.... Smaller.... Hmmmmm." He observed her before opening his book and writing down in it. "Go ahead and put the mushroom in the pot and light the fire. It may prove difficult due to your size but it shouldn't be impossible." He walked over to his chest and started sifting through it. The book floating below his left hand as he continued writing, "Once we are done I will teach you your first new spell. It will be something small of course. I can't have you destroying a star now can I?" He continued gathering ingredients.

Anastasia looked about and wasn't so impressed by what she saw on the first floor. It all seemed quite homey and less magical, walking a bit further in she stopped hearing his comment and looked down at herself. "Not everyone can be your size you know.. well I could make myself your size, but where's the fun in that if I can't make you work a bit harder." She smirked and took the mushroom to the pot like he said, her throwing it in and her waving her hand over it, there below the pot a glyph appeared and a small fire started underneath the pot. Standing in front of the pot, she looked over to him and clapped her hands togther slowly. "I'm so excited, I can't wait to find out what this spell could be.. just fair warning though, I could still possible blow up a star even if it's a basic spell." Her tone was sarcastic as she waited for him.

Elijah walked over to the pot and mindlessly threw the items in, filling the pot with water from a cauldron that rested near the fire place. "Anyone can make themselves big. But not everyone can be big." He responded. "Your knowledge of glyph magic is shameful. Another rule. No magic from here on out besides levitation types and healing. Only what I teach you. Also I don't doubt you could." He laughed. Elijah walked to the table and pulled out two chairs. He sat down in one and gestured for Anastasia to sit in the other. "Now we wait for the soup. So you mentioned being as big as me. I may need you to grow that size at some point. And we must discuss a curent threat that involves you and your family and their friends." He explained. "Let me be clear though, I don't care about any of them. If anything I believe they are better off dead. I'm bringing this up because you're my apprentice now and I can't have anything getting in the way of your progress."

Anastasia watched him do the rest for the soup, she stepped out of his way and made a face at him after he commented about her glyph magic. "I already told you my magic stinks, no reason to remind me of it." She sighed seeing him gesturing her to the empty chair next to his. She walked towards it and sat staring at him with a blank expression. Her brow than slightly raised as her hands unintentionally gripped the seat of her chair when he spoke of her family. She was away a lot, never home or interacting with themmuch, but he did draw concern out of her and a bit of anger as she spoke out to what he said. "What is going to be happening with my family Elijah? And why are you even telling me if you had the faintest idea about if it would upset me.. I may be your apprentice and be very willing to do practically anything for you ,but you must understand that there are at least a few people I care for in this miserable world." Her voice never raised and stayed relatively normal sounding as she just stared at him with lityle to no emotion showing on her face.

"I cared for my own family once like you. The few in my life. But soon you will learn better." He explained. Elijah opened his book, "I tell this to you because this will be one of your first lessons. There is a threat that not even I can defeat that will be coming here soon. Your family and their associates are powerful enough to attract this threat. These beings are unique by all standards. You must make a decision when the time comes. Like how I had to make my decision." He spoke bluntly. Elijah looked down at his book and gestured to the words, "Your first spell... Shall be one of attaining knowledge. Without knowledge you cannot grow in intelligence, and in turn cannot grow in power." He pointed to the pot that was now boiling slightly. "Drink the soup, and afterwards I shall bestowed upon you your first spell." He told her, handing her a massive bowl. The blue soup smelled and looked oddly appealing due to the additional ingredients Elijah put in. There were basic spices and other odd bits in it that were hard to make out from being in the hot water.

Anastasia grimaced at all he was saying, it was much to take in and at the same time it wasn't. Her parents and their friends, well mostly her fathers friends were unique and powerful, so great forces would be drawn to them. She bit her lower lip absent-mindedly as she let everything sink in, her accepting the bowl of soup as she did so. "Elijah you make valid points about what you're telling me and I accept all you have to offer me, but I wish not for my family to fall.." Her voice fell silent as she inhaled deeply, the steam from the soup letting her take in it's aroma while she thought a moment. Looking up at him with her dark eyes as her damp hair hung over her chest, he simply smiled and whispered. "I suppose only time will tell, so for the time being, I choose knowledge." She drank to soup, a small trail running down her chin and dripping to her torso.

The soup began to alter her instantly. Her skin returned to its normal color but all of her powers and connections began to drain. Elijah stood, taking the bowl once the process was complete. "True knowledge cannot be mixed with subjectivity. Your first spell shall be that of unclouded eyes." Elijah drew a glyph on her forehead and gave her a new and fresh connection to magic as well as the ability to see beyond the surface of situations and people, similar to a form of clairvoyance. The glyph vanished after the power was bestowed. "Despite my power over time, I cannot see the future... But I can tell you with great accuracy when the time will come for you to go to the aid of your mother. Until the test is over, I cannot grant you any other abilities." He sat back down. Elijah began writing in his book while also watching her.

As Anastasia drank, she watched her blue toned skin turn back to it's once pale color. Finishing the soup, she handed him the bowl and looked down at herself, examining her body of sorts. She leaned back in the chair and tilted her head slightly as she gave a small nod in understandment. "I do not mind only having one type of magic, she stared at the glyph drawn on her forearm, until it disappeared, she learned every line of the marking quite quickly as she brought her dark hues back onto him. She stood and approached him, squated down as she rested her chin into the palms of her hands, a curious expression on her face. "So what are we going to be doing until the time to help my mother comes Elijah?" She gave a small smile as she looked over her shoulder and rised up. "How about you show me around the tower?"

Elijah picked up Anastasia and held her, his book floating beside him. "Off we go then little naked one." He walked over to the door and opened it. "The second floor is where I keep my collection of books there. Only the important ones though. All original." Elijah walked up the steps. Their large size explained his carrying her. He opened the door and set her down, the entire room empty with the exception of only a dozen books on a single circular bookshelf in the middle of the room. "Impressive is it not? Minds almost as great as mine. Sadly lost to death. Their knowledge and spells not forgotten though. I take pride in it." He nodded. "One day you will have your own. And perhaps inherit mine." 

Anastasia blushed from a mild moment of shyness as he picked her up. She didn't particularly cared if he saw her nude body, but touching just surprised her a bit, even with it not being in a sexual way. Calming herself, she watched where they headed. Her eyes trailing the many books in the first room slightly impressed by it all, then once in the empty room she looked to the few books resting upon the shelf. "Knowledge seems to be your love and what an interesting love it is, to always be learning something new from it." She looked up at him and smiled. "We shall see what I gain in my life, but for now it's not important. You keep your books because you've still have much more knowledge to discover in your life Elijah."

"There will always be something to learn. That is why I do not claim to be the best at anything. Someone will always know something you don't." He responded. "What you gain in life is very important. Now and forever. I keep my books because I respect knowledge and the knowledge of others. These books act as a reminder that I do not know everything. And I never will. Which excites me because it means always learning new things." He patted her head. Although it couldn't be seen, happiness could almost be felt from Elijah. Just as quickly as it came though it was gone and replaced by his normal stoic indifferent energy. "The happiness you express is good. It means that you find my passions just as appealing. I have met few like you. None of them showed any promise but I have faith in you." He picked Anastasia up again, holding her almost like a baby. "The third floor is where I keep my lab. Shall we?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back