Mafia

taliaangeni

It is what it is.
Roleplay Type(s)
The mafia have taken over the town! As the people, we need to weed these scum from our existence. During the day we will hold a town meeting and vote to lynch someone we suspect of being mafia! We have to be correct though because every night the mafia can then kill one of us! But don’t worry we have people who can investigate these crimes! But wait! There might be other baddies who hunt the townspeople and mafia alike. We need to be on the lookout, people!

Game Play

First day everyone gets their roles. You talk amongst yourself. No voting is done on the first day. Night happens and that’s when people use their roles to get things rolling. All acting roles will have to PM the narrator. The mafia will know the other mafia but no one will know any other person’s role unless they investigate it – or you tell your role. Day 2, narrator will announce who died (might take time If there are a lot of people playing game.) And then the lynching begins. When someone gets a majority of the votes they go onto the stand. The lynchee can defend themselves and the town can retract their votes and vote someone else – once a day. Mafia wins if they kill all town. Town wins if the lynch all mafia.

Rules

• We will be operating on a 12-hour schedule. That way people can pop in and do what they need to but also not feel rushed.
  • Feel free to tell people your role. In fact, you’re even allowed to lie about your role.
  • You can share information you found, just be careful because the mafia might kill you because of it. Might kill you if you reveal your role too.
  • Mafia will talk in PMs at night. I will be privy in the PM but will not talk.
  • Do not cheat. By this I mean, if you’re mafia and friends with someone who is the sheriff do not tell sheriff who other mafia are. Let’s just go with the quote “The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club!” Outside of game, that is.
  • Do not edit posts.
  • Do not post in thread if you die. I might set up an extra page somewhere for the ghosts.
  • Things to bold and blue in game:
  • If you’re talking to me.
  • Who you vote for Vote: Person 1
  • I will use RED for narration. Do not use it. Thank you.

Roles:

Good

Town: A regular player.

Cop: Has the ability to investigate players at night. The people investigated will not know. They will be given three roles the person might be.

Doctor: Can heal one person a night. Can heal themselves once.

Medium: Can talk to the dead.

Bad – Mafia

God Father: Leader of the Mafia. Has the ability to appear as a regular Townie.

Mafioso: Has no ability.

Blackmailer: Can pick one person to silence the next day.

Neutral

Serial Killer- Has no affiliation with Mafia. Kills every night.

Amnesiac – Can select a role from the graveyard to become for the rest of the game.

Executioner – You have a target. Get them Lynched. You win with whoever else wins – even if you die.

Jester – Trick the town into lynching you. If lynched, you get to bring someone to the afterlife with you at night.

More roles can be added but for now these are the only ones I’m going to put up.

So who is ready to play? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Never before have I played Town of Salem in a forum before. It is time to try it then.

Mafia was first a card game played at party's.  Then moved into forums and finally browser games like ToS. I really liked the forum type. I do play ToS, it's addictive really but can't stand some of the players. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Mafia was first a card game played at party's.  Then moved into forums and finally browser games like ToS. I really liked the forum type. I do play ToS, it's addictive really but can't stand some of the players. 

Stupid game-thrower. I'm kidding, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back