Madame Vrai's Tarot Readings -- all are welcome!

Vrai

Cool Worm Fact: Worms have no clue what's going on
moonface.jpg

Scratching your head at what kind of setting your newest overpowered OC could possibly exist in?
Staring at the response above you, feeling as though there must be a good way for your character to react -- but unsure how?
Wondering which speck of foreshadowing from two months ago you should develop into a sideplot?
Feeling like you're on the edge of writing something magnificent, but you just need a little more...guidance?

For all pressing questions pertaining to RP or otherwise, welcome to Madame Vrai's Open Tarot!

Deliver to me your queries -- and, yes, that's Madame Vrai to you -- and I shall draw you a spread that will illuminate the hidden conflicts and creative blockages plaguing your quest for great writing.

To ask for a reading, please submit requests using this form:

Querent: Name of the person asking for help. If it pertains to you in general, provide whatever name you are known as here. If it pertains to a specific character, please provide that character's name.
Query: The question you are seeking to answer. It can be very general -- "what sort of arc should my character have?" -- to specific -- "another character tried to stab me and I don't want to start a fight now but I think I need to teach them a lesson, please help."
Long or short reading: Would you like an overview of your current situation, or an in-depth, nitty-gritty inspection?

Requests will be accepted by posts or PM. Posted requests will be replied to in another post, unless you specifically say you would like your reading in PM.

I look forward to hearing from you. The true path awaits.

Mme. Vrai takes no responsibility for any in-game or real-world consequences that may come from either following or ignoring her readings. Use divination responsibly. This is in forumgames for a reason. (The reason is that I have no idea where else it would go.)

Querent: this belongs to me, melodramtic-vampire, or mellow
Query: i am having trouble writing a n y t h i n g. every time i sit down all i can think is no thought head empty. i was hoping for some sort of prompt? a name of a character, a situation to write in, anything to inspire me, please/
Long or short reading: just an overview would be nice.

Hello, mellow! Well, needless to say, I have not dealt with a query like this before. Within the realm of solving problems, this is a bit like asking what the problems should be in the first place, no? However, surely the cards know a bit better than I do myself.

mellow_01.jpg

Any story begins with a conflict. Therefore, I have drawn you a small spread used for analyzing decisions. For such a spread, I'm surprised that we see two of the major arcana. That surely indicates there will be strong emotions at play!

In the first position, showing the background, we have the Ten of Pentacles. This is a card indicating prosperity, riches, good fortune -- especially in the material sense. It also conveys a sense of domesticity, or of being settled. In the second position, illustrating the conflict that prompts a decision, we have The Hanged Man Reversed. While the Hanged Man usually represents wisdom or discernment, when reversed, this card represents everything bad implied by the name -- one who is pilloried or scapegoated; some innocent who finds themselves at the mercy of others' judgment. Therefore, for a conflict that drives a story, what happens if somebody who thinks they have a charmed life suddenly finds themselves "hanged"? Perhaps the proverbial "I accidentally got involved with the mob"? Maybe somebody is set up to be the perpetrator of a crime -- especially a crime which captures national attention?

Next, for the results that may come from this decision, we have a major arcana, The Lovers, and then the Ten of Wands Reversed. The meaning of the lovers is apparent -- happiness and success, usually but not always in a romantic sense. The Ten of Wands indicates some sort of great trial facing the protagonist, especially one caused by a setback. Perhaps, with the entire world breathing down their back, some unfortunate person is tempted by an "easy" choice that would solve all their problems, only to realize that it my be too good to be true and that they must take the difficult way out. Or perhaps their initial reaction -- to make a choice involving something or someone they love -- is correct, and they must fight to justify this choice, when others ask why they do not do what seems to be the harder yet "more correct" choice.

Truth be told, while I have illustrated this spread for a hypothetical protagonist, I believe it may also pertain to you. The Ten of Pentacles -- an abundance of ideas. The Hanged Man reversed -- a fear of judgment if they are put out into the open. The Lovers -- an idea that keeps attracting you time and time again, even if you are afraid of it. And the Ten of Wands -- something that, again, would be rewarding, but seems to daunting to approach. I don't think your head is empty; on the contrary, I think you are judging yourself before you can even start to write! Is there something in the spot of the Lovers that you keep returning to time and time again, even if it seems silly or you are afraid to ask for it? And if so, why is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back