Lunars on the Blessed Isle

Could an experience lunar survive just fine on the blessed isle for a while? Sure why not? Would they try? Probably not unless something specific was underfoot.  A smart exalt of any type could stay hidden on the Blessed Isle for a long period of time.  Regardless of how careful they are there will always be the off chance that they are just in the wrong place at the wrong time or they accidentally screw up at a crucial point.  Yes, it would be like hiding a needle in a hay stack, which makes finding it highly improbable... but the second a kid goes romping around in said hay stack who wants to put down 5 bucks that that needle ends up in the kid's foot?

With the Lunar's in particular, I doubt there are any settled Lunars with homes or businesses within the blessed isle.  It doesn't really suit their MO, although I could see a Lunar as a travelling merchant.  What's more is that the Realm is such an ideological stinkfest that very few lunars, I would imagine, could stomach living there for very long without finding themselves constantly butting heads with the local authorities.

Bottom line: with caution, experience and an agenda, Lunars have proven themselves to be able to survive just fine in practically any environment.  Compared to the BI though, I think most would rather summer at the elemental pole of fire.

A new Lunar would have difficulty hiding on the Blessed Isle, due to the sudden urge to run amok and eat hearts.

Sato said:
Compared to the BI though, I think most would rather summer at the elemental pole of fire.
 Don't diss the Elemental Pole of Fire.

I mean, barbecuing without having to keep the coals going every single second...yum!

Tis true, infinite barbeque, sun bathing and pleasant beaches! Who can't love the Elemental Pole of Fire!?

Tis true' date=' infinite barbeque, sun bathing and pleasant beaches! Who can't love the Elemental Pole of Fire!?[/quote']
amen

personally i always liked chairoscuro

but anyway. i had a DB game once that tied into a larger arch. a DB sworn brotherhood investigated a band of female warriors who were lead by a Lunar who used to be a concubine. the Lunar got away in the end but it was a good arch.

It has already been canonically stated that Lilith has been in and around the Blessed Isle several times for long periods of time. Also, the loom of fate, doesn't it only show Exalts of essence 6 or more?

A First Age Lunar may well have access to charms that, when activated, keep her from being scried upon in any fashion, even through Siddie astrology or examining the Loom of Fate. However, a simple shapechange shouldn't be able to circumvent the above.

With regards to Lilith, it may have been a case of live and let live. She wasn't targeted by the Siddies until the Solars returned, and she determined that coming to accomodations with their return was a goal to be worked towards.

Forget the altruism; if a First Age Exalt comes over and seems to be doing nothing more than seeing the sights, it's just too much risk for too little gain to try taking them out.

Link has never shown innate magical powers; generally they're granted, most likely by an Endowment. It seems most likely he was simply a heroic mortal.

So, how long has he been a Lunar, and how long until the Pact comes to fix his Caste?

gods...

None of you even mention the gods, as I have read it, the gods on the Blessed Isle are pretty much in the pocket of the bronce faction, meaning that if they notice a lunar, they will call them...

As a result, the lunar very few places to hide...

also many guarding spirits have the Intrusion Sensing Method (page 297 2nd core), making it pretty hard to sneak into forbidden places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back