• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Lucien's Academy for Gifted Individuals

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

CrookedYoungHeretic

No One is gonna save you, Fuck your Faith.
Lucien’s Academy for Gifted Individuals

Welcome We are proud to welcome you, the reopening of Lucien's Academy has been in the makings for years, and finally, we can reopen this wonderful sanctuary. We hope you can find a home here in the ancient halls of Lucien's Academy for Gifted Individuals.

Dorm List:

Briar Hawthorne
Emmeline Vansorvious Baronious Clement
Danny
Vesper Sandoval
Lyari Elenwe Fhociin
Averynn Odinnson
Cyris HORFLUCH
Eris Duskwood
[/SIZE]

Staff(Moderators)

Headmaster(Unknown NPC)
[
cologne02.jpg
[/font]

Last edited:
Bells tolled through the crisp morning air. It was opening day of Lucien's Academy. Today; the first few residents would begin trickling in. The day promised to be warm, but there was a heady scent of rain on the air. On each Dorm-door there was a letter addressed to the new Students in the curvy elegant pen of the faceless Headmaster. On Briars door was a box, inside cards with Braile engraving would read "Welcome to the Academy Briar. I've known your father for a long time, I amd happy to welcome you. You are the eldest of our residents, therefore I have closen you as Head-boy. If you disspoint me and misuse this power, even your father wont be able to save you" aswell as a gold pin in the shape of a sheild with a large HB on the front. attached to both Cyryis and Vesper's letters was a silver pin in the shape of an ornate P, and on Danny's was a pin that mirrored Briar's, but with an HG instead.
( hostage hostage ) Cyris; Welcome to Lucien Academy. After careful consideration of both your background and application, I name you a Prefect, you have a small ammount of authoprity over your Dormmates. I warn you though, this status and title is a privelige just as much as a responsibility. I promise you, if you misuse your status, I will visit you myself, and that is not an occourance that would end well for you. I hope you enjoy your time here in the Academy, you are free to attend classes as you please, but it is not a requierment. comnplete your courses at your leisure, the mess hall is open at all times. -Headmaster.
( jakthemenace jakthemenace ) Averynn; Welcome to Lucien Academy, you are one of two Daemons residing here now; which I admit is quite the rarity. I expect you to get along with him, as I know your Demon heritage may cause you to be a little territorial. I promise you that as long as you abide by the rules and respect your fellow residents, you will find a home here. You may complete courses at your leisure, and the Mess hall is always open. Enjoy your time here at the Academy -Headmaster
( lunymoony lunymoony ) Lyari; Welcome, you are our youngest Resident here, but dont let yourself be intimidated. You can find a home here for as long as you respect the rules and your fellow Residents, and there is no pressure here. you can move about as you please, and compleate courses at your leasure. if you have any questions get in contact with either the Headboy/girl or one of the two prefects. -Headmaster
( Skellux Skellux ) Vesper; Welcome to Luciens Academy. I must admit I have never in my many... many years seen a creature such as yourself. You have an interesting geaneology, and a promising outlook. You have been appointed Prefect, this allots you some authority over your fellow Residents. If you abuse this power, you will be punished severely. Respect your residents, follow the rules and everything will be fine. You will do very well here.-Headmaster
( Kaitisme Kaitisme ) Danny; Welcome to Lucien's Academy. You are offered the position od Head-girl. This means that you have Authority over all residents, use your judgement as to not abuse it. because if you do you will not be a happy Shape-shifter. in fact, you may never be happy again. respect the rules of my Academy, and respect the Residents. -Headmaster
( CherryTart CherryTart ) Emmaline; You may have been raised with a silver spoon in your mouth, but here at Lucien's, you are just another person. It doesnt matter that your Wings are purest white, or that you're pretty. if you disrespect the students, you will first answer to the Head-boy and Head-girl. If they have to contact me, You will regret it. Your status and beauty mean nothing to me. Conduct yourself in a respectable manner, and there will be no problems, you may even earn favor with the staff and earn a title of your own. I must decline your... demand for a servant. If you wish to be doted on, return to your home. This is not a traditional boarding school, you are responsible for your self and your belongings. Mess hall is open 24/7, and you may complete your courses at will.-Headmaster

Horns reflected the early morning light; that was the first thing that was noticed about Briar. next would be the vibrantly colored rose tattooed on his shoulder, and the head of a snake on the back of his hand whose body dissipated under the cuff of his shirt. As he walked down the hall, his steps were punctuated with a soft 'tap' of his staff, followed immediately by the soft melodic jingle of the bell that hung in the center of the spiral at the end of his staff. He had already pinned the Head-boy badge to his button up shirt, it glinted softly in the dim light of the hallway. He held himself with a proud grace that spoke of his royal blood, his milky once-vibrant eyes stared blindly ahead as he made his way to the entrance hall. If one looked closely ant him, they might be able to make out the thick, but small scars on each side of his temple through his messy raven-colored hair, or the faint healed fissures that littered his black-to-crimson gradient horns.

Danny stood in front of her dorm's door, reading the letter for the fifth time. Confusion furrowed her brow.
"First, simply accepting a street rat into the school, now making the street rat the head girl?" She muttered as she pushed the dorm's door open, tossing her worn backpack into the corner of the room. It was her only luggage, holding an extra change of clothes, some simple tools and the remains of a loaf of bread. She sighed, sinking onto the bed as she planned to read the letter once again, but got distracted. She paused, bouncing on the sheets a few more times.
"Soft..." It was murrmered, quietly. She mused that she wasn't entirely sure what a head girl did, or how much authority she has.
"I suppose I should find the head boy or headmaster. Get some tips." She finally sighed. Danny stood up and stuck the head girl pin to her shirtfront as best she could. The shapeshifter gathered her hair up with a rubber band, took a breath and started her way down to the food hall, hoping to find her counterpart of the head boy.

Briar tipped his head to the side when he heard footsteps approaching the entrance hall, it seemed that he had missed someone entering the school. He parted his lips as he inhaled, to taste the air. His quad-set of fangs glinted in the light filtering through the high, crystaled windows. The scent was that of a female shape-shifter. He waited silently for her to approach him, he knew that his horns and tattoos generally put people off, so he never interacted with others unless they either approached him first, or they required his aid. As he waited, he pulled a pack of smokes from his pocket and pulled one out gingerly with his teeth, then holing it between his lips he pulled a silver lighter from his pocket, engraved on the front was a serpent. when he flicked it open, a black flame lit at the top, he used it to light the cigarette, and took a long drag as he snapped the lighter shut. The taste of the smoke alone seemed to calm his nerves, he hadn't interacted with mortal-plane beings since his Accident.

Danny hesitated, seeing another figure down the hall, from the other way. She paused, seeing a glint of light ofd something on his shirt, but couldn't see it well enough to tell if it was a prefect pin, the head boy pin, or another pin all together. She watched, walking closer, as he took out a box of cigarettes, lighting them with a black flamed lighter. Her eyes widened, sparkling with curiosity. With a lobaided grin, she stood in front of him, noticing the pale state of his eyes.
"You lighter has black fire." Danny froze. Was that rude? Should she have introduced herself first?
"Oh! I'm Danny! I, uh, I just arrived not that long ago. Um..." She trailed off, wondering what else she should say. This boy, horns and all, seemed a much higher status than her lowly street level. Danny wasn't entirely sure what mannerisms would be considered proper.

Vesper
「They/Them」

The lighting in a certain hybrids room was faintly ominous but still bright enough to be considered sane. Everything was bathed in a pale green from their desk lamp in the corner and the bed was made sort of neatly. Vesper, clad in their sweater that looked like a radioactive spill gone wrong on the fabric, was seated at said desk. They were reading the letter from the headmaster and toying with the ornate prefect pin. Several questions ran through their head, mostly 'why?' and 'how?' but they quickly shoved those questions out of their head and stood up from the desk. It didn't matter why or how, the fact of the matter was they, unlike their last school, had some amount of power. They could use that to help achieve their goal, which was basically helping others achieve their freedom.

Vesper pinned the ornate 'P' to the sweater they wore and grabbed their shoes. A small backpack filled with basically nothing but a small reading book slung onto their back after that. After slipping into the boots, they headed for the door and into the halls. The did they have planned next? Honestly nothing amazing. They headed down the halls and through the school to the mess hall. Food was in order, and maybe possibly getting to know some of the other students.

Tags: None
template by astraea

Last edited:
(Replying to Kaitisme Kaitisme )
Briar smiled, "It was a gift from my Father, Lord Samiel." He took another drag off the cigarette, he tilted his chin up slightly to exhale, although he had no reason to- he had been trying to avoid the smoke going into Danny's face, but he towered over her. Although as he tipped his head up, the light filtering through the windows would light up the vibrant rose at his throat. even the serpents head emerging from his sleeve resting on the back of his right hand seemed brighter than any mortal tattoos. "I'm Briar Hawthorne, son of Lord Samiel: Venom of God and Prince of the Desert Winds." he paused, "I suppose it would be appropriate to add that I'm Head-Boy here at Lucien's Academy."
( Skellux Skellux once Ves enters the Entrance Hall they will be interacted with (= )[/font]

Emmeline
A crumpled piece of paper fell to the ground as a fuming young angel stepped out of her dorm. Her face was contorted with rage after reading her welcome letter thousands of times over. The insolence of the headmaster to deny her the absolute necessities of life such as servants or undying loyalty and respect form her peers; it was absolutely disgraceful. She sauntered down the halls of the dorms with a fury in her steps. She was on a mission to address the headmaster about these awful accommodations. The only downside was she had no clue what the layout of the school was, it was all just massive empty space to her, twists and turns that left her dumbfounded on where to actually proceed to. After nearly half and hour of searching for the headmaster's office Emmeline noticed two bright white double doors leading into a larger room, upon closer inspection she was able to deduce it in fact lead to some sort of cafeteria. She grinning gleefully, pushing her hair back to be sure it was in the right position for when she entered. Emmeline quickly pushed the double doors open stretching her wings out wide so that she would be the absolute center of attention upon entrance to the cafeteria. She looked around her grin growing to a wide smile running from cheek to cheek once she noticed a few heads turn to spot whatever the majestic creature that had just entered may be.

She glided through the cafeteria halting close to a shiny metallic looking serving rack in order to obtain a meal. She could not allow herself to look so redundant that she would get lost in the simple to understand layout of the school. She had to look like it was meant to be in coming to this cafeteria, and the only way how was of course to order some of the belch they called food. She used her wings to slowly glide down the cafeteria grabbing a tray as she did so, before simply placing one singular apple upon it. The rest of the food may in fact kill her, for she could not know usually a servant made her some divine cuisine but this place looked like it had a load of fecal matter for meals. She glided to an empty table, hopefully people would naturally gravitate towards her. Of course they would she was absolutely divine who would not want to be near her. She delicately landed on a seat placing her legs crossed one over the other to seat herself. Unbeknownst to any other she was not only staring at an apple all alone, but was darting her eyes all around the cafeteria searching for anyone who could potentially assist her rise in this new school of hers, or at least grovel at her feet and pledge their life to her. It really wasn't much to ask.

A bird flew through the school, it's feathers looked as if they were spun from gold, in its beak was a letter addressed to an "Eris". The bird proceeded to hang the letter on an empty dorm door.
( Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 )Eris; Welcome to Luciens. I hope that we can offer you a safe home, and help you towards your goal of finding your family. -Headmaster

A daemon girl in a purple-accented jacket walks into the entrance hall- and guess what happens? The girl slips, falls, and crashes to the ground in fatality.

Only if she hadn’t directed the shadows her body projected onto the floor to catch her fall, then she could have ended up with a nice, red bump on her head. A one-way trip to the nurse’s if she wasn’t careful. Well, she wasn’t really careful about most things, such as making sure not to lose balance when doing something as simple as walking..

Averynn Odinnson, daughter of a civilian human and a no-name demon, lifts herself to a standing position. The dark shadows act as limbs jutting from the floor and pushing her up. Onto her main purpose as of currently.

That other daemon. She disregarded the whole territorial talk, since she couldn’t remember any moment in her life where she was that defensive over something. Well...over her friend getting pushed around by somebody else, but that wasn’t for her own gain. But she would have to find out if she could get along with somebody who was like her. Now that was unheard of, comsidering her rarity in the world.​

( jakthemenace jakthemenace ) As Briar waited for Danny's response ( Kaitisme Kaitisme ) his head snapped up, he sensed another Daemon- a female. He could tell that her blood wasn't that of a Demon lord, as his own, that was evident from her scent. But all the same, another Daemon? What were the odds? He had never met another one before, it was rare for the spawn of a demon and human to survive gestation. It was needless to say, Briar was intruiged.

Eris Duskwood
Somewhat tired from her journey there, Eris yawned as she walked down the entry hall. She had one thing in mind at the moment; go find her dorm. On the way though, she noticed another person in the hallway ahead of her trip--and catch herself. Eris flinched when she noticed the writhing shadows around the girl.
‘I'm too tired for this,’ She groaned.
On her way she passed a few more students in the hallway, some chatting, some not. Eris also went by the doors of--it looked like a food hall? It was difficult to tell. She decided she’d investigate after she found her room.

In the dorm room hallway, Eris’s eyes dragged from door to door, looking for her name. She assumed that was what she was looking for, given that there were other names on some of the doors. When she found it, she noticed a small letter attached, which she took. Inside, it was pretty cozy. Not a happy forest home, but certainly much better than rented rooms on the road. As soon as she unpacked what little she was traveling with--a couple changes of clothes, a journal and charcoal pencil, a pouch of dried fruit for snacking on the road, and her bow and sheaf arrows-- Eris swapped out her travel clothes for a lighter outfit. She was glad this school didn't appear to require uniforms. Cutting wingholes into new clothes was always a pain.

After she changed, Eris read the little letter from her door and paused.She took several minutes to re-read it, then quietly folded it back up and tucked it into a pocket. She then went out to relocate the cafeteria. Her socks made soft ‘pat’s on the floor as she went. Maybe it was that she was fae, maybe it was just her, but unless she was trekking on the road, Eris preferred being barefoot. Down the hallway, she stretched her wings out behind her, being careful not to hit anybody, and folded them back when she entered the cafeteria. She went through the line and reluctantly grabbed a metal tray. But she immediately cheered up when she saw apples available, and other fruit.
‘Aw, hell yeah!’
She piled fruit salad onto the tray and plunked two apples beside it, hesitated, and then grabbed another. As she looked for a seat, she scanned the room. There weren't very many people, but some of the few that were there had horns, or oddly coloured eyes, or wings, fae or feathered. Already devouring one of the apples, Eris set her tray on a table and sat down. Her seat happened to be a couple away from another student who also had wings. And blue hair.
Oh, she thought, an angel. Ew.
Involuntarily, the fae girl wrinkled her nose for a moment, then scooted her tray down the table and moved one more seat away.

Interacting: CherryTart CherryTart
Mentioned: n/a

Last edited:
Vesper
「They/Them」

The doors to the entrance hall opened once more, shortly after the arrival of the Daemon girl actually. Vesper entered, staying up right but looking very carefree. They really weren't watching where they were walking, thus did not realize they about walked right into the Daemon girl until just before. Luckily, they save themselves from an awkward situation by rerouting around the girl. "Hello! Nice to meet you." They greeted as they shifted around the daemon to stand before the girl. "I don't mean to be rude, but I thiink you might want to consider taking a few more steps this way, out of the immediate area of the door." Ves suggested with a smile. A dark skinned hand was extended to the girl, an offer to shake hands. Whether that offer was accepted or not, they moved on shortly after that.

Their attention turned to the other pair nearby, another daemon and a girl. Ves wasn't quite sure what the girl was species wise yet. Nevertheless, they shrugged to themselves and started towards the pair, a short glance thrown over their shoulder towards the Daemon girl as if Ves was wondering if she was going to follow.

Tags: CrookedYoungHeretic CrookedYoungHeretic jakthemenace jakthemenace Kaitisme Kaitisme
template by astraea

Briar turned his attention to the scent of a... female? approaching him. her spell was off- she smelled like a female; but that was only the base of the scent. There was another masculine scent there, it wasn't the same as a Male impersonating a female, nor a Female as a Male. Then it dawned on him- the scent was similar to the Lord Baphomet's scent, neither male nor female, but also, both. This creature was not a he, or a she, but a They, Androgynous so to speak. He scented the air again, drawing the scent past his fangs and tasting it; there was also a mixed scent of a Gaiafae... and a Vampire. he felt his blood run cold at the Vampiric scent. He clenched his jaws and felt himself tense up- PTSD was a hard thing to shake, the scent of Vampire Blood was the worst Trigger he had after his Accident. But he took a deep breath; he was Briar Hawthorne, son of the Lord Samiel- not some scared little boy thagt would let someone's lineage scare him. he was sure that this Half-breed was nothing to be frightened of, and he wouldn't become the thing he hated the most- someone who would hate a creature because of the circumstances of their birth; at that point, he would become worse than those who hurt him. So, he offered a tentative smile to Vesper and waited for her to interact with him.
(Replying to Skellux Skellux )
Baphomet is a 'Satanic' Deity, the Knights Templar was wrongfully accused of worshiping them, they are depicted as a Goat-headed being with great feathered wings and a goats hindquarters as legs, but the breasts of a woman. They have been used as a Symbol of the joining of opposites, Man and Woman, Good and Evil, Light and Dark, Angel and Demon. Currently, the Image of Baphomet has been adopted and Masculinized by The Satanic Temple as a Symbol of Religious Freedom.
Baphomet.png

As Ave brushes herself off listlessly, she hears a voice behind remind her to step away from the door. With tired eyes, she turns her to look towards the source as she stops in place. Relieved it wasn't a faculty member, she casually pulls out her clawed hand from her jacket's pouch and shakes it a couple of times, before returning it to it's resting place.

"Ah..yeah. nice to meet you too."

The daemon begins to walk diagonally, gravitating towards the small group that gathered in the entrance hall. Nocking her purple-dyed bangs behind her ear, Averynn looks over, seeing a rather fancy-looking guy, an average "human" girl, and the same person that almost bumped into her. She was 90
% bent on believing he was the daemon boy that was listed on the headmaster's letter. Reeked of royalty, but that never mattered to her. She was only a lowly half-breed, nothing more, nothing less.

She waved at them and pulls a corner of her mouth into a lopsided grin.

"What're we talking about here?"

CrookedYoungHeretic CrookedYoungHeretic Kaitisme Kaitisme Skellux Skellux

( jakthemenace jakthemenace ) Briar's attention was instantaneously drawn to the female Daemon who spoke, His head turned towards her voice, but he hadn't quite mastered how to appear that he was looking at the individual who spoke to him; his milky green eyes stared sightlessly over Ave's head, "I was just welcoming students... my duty as Head-boy after all." he paused, that probably sounded stuck up. He shifted his staff nervously with a soft jingle of the bell resting in the spiral at the top. "I am Briar Hawthorne, Son of Lord Samiel; Venom of God and Prince of the Desert Wind." He bowed to Ave, a show of respect and welcome- he didn't realize, that he might appear stuffy or full of himself by stating his title, and that of his father, but his Demonic Lord of a Father, and his Mate, Princess of Hell; Lillith had ingrained in him from birth that He should always take pride in his royal blood, and no matter what, always state his title. It was important for people to know exactly who, and what he was. If only the Coven who had rendered him sightless had paid heed to his lineage, they might not have wronged him, and gotten their penance for their sins.

Emmeline
The sound of a squeak alerted Emmeline to the presence of another. She quickly turned her head to the other half of her seemingly empty table, where a young maiden sat. At first she thought to scold the girl for not asking permission to sit, but she quickly reminded herself that the headmaster was of course plotting against her, or so she thought in an immature way. She perceived the denial of each and everyone of her requests as the headmaster's plot to detain her from gaining any power for a potential usurpation of the school from his grasp. Upon further inspection Emmeline noticed the weird bird girl was rather beautiful with long flowing orange hair and a magnificent set of, disgusting colors, wings. She only needed a few improvements such as her outfit and overall manner. Emmelin stood up prancing over to the girl fully abandoning her apple. She walked around the table setting herself across from the big bird.

"Hello." She greeted in a cheerful tune to the bird seated across from her, which would hopefully be a useful friend or in the very least a pawn for her to use. If everything worked out however this would manage to be her right hand girl, she seemed to look perfect for the part. The only problem was she would need to paint her wings as more elegant colors than the brown and white they were now. "I am Emmeline Vansorvious Baronious. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Emmeline further introduced herself hoping to be able to easily explain why the bird girl was going to be her friend and what she would have to change in order to be that.
Interacting: Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

Eris Duskwood
The angel girl didn’t seem to have caught the faery’s sour expression from a moment earlier, because she swiftly sat herself right across from Eris, who stopped mid-apple-bite. When the angel introduced herself, the faery tilted her head and picked at one of the points of her antlers--a nervous tick--with an eyebrow raised in confused caution.
‘Hi,’ Eris replied before she finished the bite of her fruit. She didn’t like the way Emmeline’s eyes seemed to dissect her appearance. The fae shuffled and refolded her wings, and sat in an uncomfortable silence for several seconds.
‘Funny place for an angel to be, a school mess hall.’ Eris paused while she glanced around the cafeteria again. ‘A school.’
She discreetly studied Emmeline in turn for a moment. If her memory served her properly, this girl couldn’t be the creature that lead the effort of the humans’ destruction of her home. She was too short. And certainly too talkative.

Interacting: CherryTart CherryTart
Mentioned: n/a

Last edited:
Asterran quietly slipped into the mess hall, watching everyone else with a wary eye. He was clad in the clothes he'd arrived in; black, unintentionally ripped skinny jeans and a tank top that was meant to be black but had faded to grey in the sunlight. Over the tank top, he wore an old dark grey hoodie that hung of his thin form down to his thighs. If anyone looked closer they'd see the black string around his neck, from which dangled a small silver key. The key itself was not visible beneath his shirt but he could feel the cool and steady weight of it on his chest.

Since he'd just arrived at the academy Asterran had no idea where the dorms were so he carried his duffel bag with him, the strap stretching from his right shoulder to his left hip. With a sigh, he sat down at an empty table, setting his bag on the floor beside himself none too carefully. He looked through locks of his snow-white hair to examine each person in the room, wondering why they were there and what their pasts included.

Asterran's hand unconsciously rose to fiddle with the multiple charms that hung from his neck. It had become a nervous tick he picked up from the years after his mother died. He had no problem with sitting still- he could do it for hours if he wanted. But he always felt the need to be doing something with his hands. If they stilled he grew agitated. He knew this but made no attempts to stop the habit, it didn't seem like something of importance to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back