• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Lucid

Nyx leaned over to Toeh and said discreetly: "I'll bring her, go in, but don't tell her what you're doing." He nodded to the other master before focusing to set the mock dreamscape in the classroom, once that was done, he went to find the wayward rookie.
((Music for the dreamscape, if you like))
deadhorsegooseneck_zps2bcd3ccb.jpg
When they entered the room they found that it was no longer a room at all, but a dusty, red landscape, filled with stratified bluffs, twisting canyons and high rocks walls. The badlands from an old western tail. A hawk screeched somewhere in the distance as the brilliant sun beat down, searing the earth and anyone standing on it. Not far off, an old-fashioned stage coach sat, however the animals drawing it...weren't animals. They were robots. Six sleek and futuristic replicas of horses, the light glinting off their chrome finish. When they whinnied the sound was tinny and metallic, however they behaved much like horses, pawing the ground and snorting. The scene was set. Now, it only awaited its actors.
8b84b2a33ff577b1b60bc7165071cd99.jpg

Hap started when Al had called the scene a memory. The lights vanished in a subtle pop.
"How was I supposed to know it was a memory?" She said, a little more defensively than she meant it. "I thought you were just messing around...you gotta admit you can't hold that assumption against me." It was a jab at his laissez faire attitude towards his position, still she didn't want to upset him.
"Sorry." She added in earnest.
"Hey...you know, I normally don't care what Nyx does, but something got to him in that last dream...I don't wanna admit it, but I'm worried...you think..something could happen to the bastion?"
It was a stretch she knew, but she had always held the worry that the changes in the dreamscape could one day spill over into their safe haven. After all, the bastion was pretty much like a dream itself. She then realized she sounded paranoid. "Nevermind, forget I said anything."
She back up and turned to leave, only to run straight into a pair of horse legs.
"Nyyyyx." She said with a fake smile. "I thought you were busy, I'm...I'll just be going now."
He took her shoulder as she tried to slip past him and she groaned, turning to Al in a last-resort plea for support.
"Will you at least come with me?" She begged the other master.
"Us." Nyx corrected, "Teoh has agreed to hold his little session for you in the training dream I've set up for Maddox."
"He did? Oh." Hap suddenly felt slightly more at ease, being alone with Teoh was not a thought she wanted to visit often.
Nyx gave Al a glance that told him he was welcome, then tipped an invisible hat, which suddenly became real as he performed the gesture. "I reckon we're gonna have a mighty good time."
Hap looked up at the centaur critically, "God you're cowboy accent's terrible!"
Nyx sighed and then, he and Hap vanished.
The good thing about the bastion's less-than-tangible nature was that you did not actually have to walk anywhere and for a master, slipping between areas was as easy as breathing.

cowgirl_by_dazwatford.jpg
HappenstanceRank: Rookie
[/imagefloat]The materialized in the western dreamscape, only Hap was on her own and instead there was a young, honest-looking man wandering about and admiring the coach and the horses. He seemed a little lost. Hap instinctively let the dreamer's will (in this case Nyx's) to change her form to a young woman dressed in dusty old clothes, leather chaps and a wide-brimmed hat.

The goal of the dream became clear. Get the coach from here to the town which could be seen down from the plateau on which they were standing.
Knowing Nyx, the journey wouldn't be as easy as it looked. Hap scanned the area for Teoh, but couldn't see him, for some reason that bothered her.
For starters, they would need more horses, or, robots. There was't enough room in the coach for all of them. The journeymen could probably manifest them, rookies however would have to slip the dreamer a meme and get him to dream some up.

((I will get a pic for Nyx when I can find a good one.))

zCrookedz zCrookedz Bolts Bolts TheGrandPygmy TheGrandPygmy Lioness075 Lioness075 Tedronai Tedronai Collinbu98 Collinbu98 DawnAntalios DawnAntalios deer deer Dominaiscna Dominaiscna

Last edited:
the-cactus-men-s-t-shirt-by-american-apparel.jpg

Al

♩♫♪

• Armor: Cactus spikes
  • Weapon: Acoustic Guitar/Cactus Arms
  • Mood: Cactus Mood

Al raised an eyebrow to Hap as she immediately went on the defensive about the memory. Did she not know that the Archive was were memories were kept? Or perhaps she used the archive for something different than he did. Whatever the case was, she did have a point. He wasn't about to hold it against her, mostly because she had begun to yammer on about her fears of the Bastion and Nyx during the last mission. All Al could do, was shrug at this before she was once again turning to leave and stopped by Nyx.

Al watched the two and realized that he had lost track of the memory behind him. as he turned to view it, the memory of the band was gone, and all that remained was an older man, who looked much like the guitarist, sitting in a small room picking away on a guitar by himself. He did not have the rocker look anymore with his long hari cut short and a simple gotee that was starting to look more grey. He wore khakis, a button down shirt, and a tie hung loosely around his neck; an obvious work attire. He wasn't hooked up to any fancy equipment, just a single amp that was producing a the classical guitar string noises as he plucked. He looked a little sad, but also looked at peace until a sound from the opposite side of the room turned his head. Another figure appeared, and a young bow stepped inside, causing the man to smile and motion for him to come over beside him. But Al had already seen enough, he released his connection with the archive with a bit of a foul attitude as he caught the last bit of Nyx and Hap as they disapeared to the classroom. Al moved his guitar over his shoulder a bit, and took a step towards the outer edges of the Archive.

When his foot hit solid ground, he realized that what Nyx had transformed into with the hat, was supposed to be a representation of the "dream" he had conjured up. Al looked around the dusty plains, at the large rocky gully and red ground littered with sparce vegetation. He smirked at the idea of the vegetation, as he turned to the group within the "dream". When he turned, his body shifted like a mirage and just about everything that made Al who he was melted away. the only thing that was left, was his guitar, which was now his acoustic guitar that rested in the large green arms of a prickly cactus. He had no face, no eyes, no mouth, no discernible features what so ever. He was just.....a cactus. The only thing that set him apart from the other caryophyllales on the open plains, was long black hair that sprouted from the top of the cactus and flowed down to about where a head would end. If cacti had heads.
"Right, lets get on with these "special classes" then, shall we?"

Last edited:
As they opened the door, hot air rushed passed the group and on instinct, Lux clutched her cloak, dipping her head to avoid the wind as it whipped past. As she tried to open her eyes, the Anima was met with bright light and had to shield her face slightly from the sun that was baking down on them. And that was when she truly beheld their surroundings.

How beautiful it all was, the textured, warm colored landscape that lay before them. Brilliant reds and browns were burned into the dusty cliff faces and rock walls. Twisting canyons and baking desert... Lux had seen a similar scene before in one of the memories in the Archives... Many tales and stories were set in such settings and here they were with one being used for the dreamscape. In the distance she spied the little carriage with the mechanical horses, patiently pawing at the ground as they waited for their master to figure out his predicament.

While she was taking in their surroundings, the anima had failed to noticed that she had unconsciously shifted into her default dreamscape appearance. Her cloak had long disappeared from between her fingers and a halo now hovered slightly above her head, catching the sunlight and gleaming gold. Her wings that had been quietly folded behind her back and out of sight, had now grown to their full size with the primary flight feathers trailing the hot sand. Her theme of white was blinding against the red of the sand so she had to change to fit the dream.

b7aeccd9319221da3b20b192cc9ce604.jpg
LuxRank: Rookie
Closing her eyes, Lux let the Dreamers will wash over her and reluctantly picked a form to better suit the dreamscape. She'd only transformed fully a handful of times before and it never got easier. The whole transformation process did not sit well with her as it meant for the constant change of one's physical appearance which would effect one's identity. This led to her hoping to avoid any complete transformations.. but to look natural her choice would have to do. A dreadful feeling crawled into her heart as she changed from human to something much much smaller yet still bearing her usual wings, bright white with warm browns and blacks: a gyrfalcon. She would be indistinguishable from any other bird of the species, save for the blue-ish gleam of her eyes and the gold ring around her leg that was her portal key.

The transformation was over in seconds and Lux stood on talon-ed feet in the hot sand, wings stretched out slightly. Moving around for a second, she got a feel for the new form. It was all very exciting.. yet she still couldn't help the tightness of her chest. Spreading the wings fully, she took off from the red sand and into the hot air. She wasn't able to fly as a winged human, but in this form, she could. Feeling wind on her feathers helped lessen her unease as the bird searched for a place to land, spotting a rather strange cactus.

Carefully, she landed down right atop the cactus with her claws in something like black hair.... peering over the edge, she spied a guitar nestled in the plants green arms and realization hit. There was only one animi capable of such a transformation and that was non other than Al.
"Master Al...! I'm sorry um, would you like me to get off...?" Lux cawed softly, peering over the edge to the cactus she was now perched upon. Her wings flapped lightly, preparing to take off should he give the word but she did not know if the others would mind her using their shoulders.

Interactions: zCrookedz zCrookedz

SilverFlight SilverFlight TheGrandPygmy TheGrandPygmy Bolts Bolts Lioness075 Lioness075 Tedronai Tedronai Collinbu98 Collinbu98 DawnAntalios DawnAntalios deer deer

JgpaktRrlCBAxloU6i6P0Jpfnwg-rlItqcDQhEl2DeoS02GO087XTGBLqZtlfgOPYda9HzzPeVuVK-nS0E6BHtnylcdSdsIEv9XG9TZcot-wcEVRjzAK5T6mr5ejTN4Ub5dafn60
Character name: Maddox Rank: Rookie
Maddox shielded his eyes from the blinding sun, and after his eyes adjusted, he looked around the landscape. "Woooah...." he breathed. The whole room had turned into a scene straight out of the wild west! Plus, there was a pretty awesome carriage with cool robotic horses! He couldn't help but feel excited at this change and grinned. Could he do that?? he tried to think of something to make it appear, but nothing happened, "Aw what? No fair..." he grumbled. He suddenly felt something overtake him. His form was changing to be something else.

When he opened his eyes again, his wings were gonna and he felt a lot less feathery. When he touched his face he felt no beak, but human lips and a human face. Maddox looked down at his clothes and grinned again. He was a true cowboy! Complete with a hat and rifle, "This...is so...cool!" Maddox concentrated hard for a moment and spoke, "Howdy partner," with a pretty good sounding accent. "Ok ok Maddox calm down...focus. This is some sort of test right? Soooo what do we do...?"

He looked towards the carriage and raised an eyebrow. He had a feeling he was supposed to get the thing from point A to point B. It sounded simple enough. All he had to do was drive it right? But it couldn't be that easy...right? He looked the carriage up and down and looked to the horses. The thing looked a bit to heavy for just those horses, and there wouldn't be enough room to fit them all. But he couldn't make anything. He turned to everyone that was close to him and asked, "Sooooo can any of you make horses or something?"
zCrookedz zCrookedz SilverFlight SilverFlight Bolts Bolts Lioness075 Lioness075 Tedronai Tedronai Collinbu98 Collinbu98 DawnAntalios DawnAntalios deer deer Dominaiscna Dominaiscna [/th][/tr][/table][/imageFloat]

Last edited:
sa
3222164_1367154171719.36res_181_300.jpg bandanna is a plaid red
Name: AtlanRank: Journeyman
Mood: musedWeapon: twin revolvers and a canteen

As he entered the doorway, something felt off. Everything was pitch black for a second before he felt heat beating down upon his feathers. All around him were dusty trails and red rock everywhere. Even though it was a "dream" he still felt the dry air reach his lungs causing him to cough profusely. He allowed himself to adjust to the world, slowly changing his body and clothing to better match the scene. His feathery face turned back to skin which absorbed even more heat now that it was bare. He kept his eyes, only letting the red light up his eyelids, till his hat cast a pleasant shadow across his face. Hmm, well I guess its a dusty dream this. I much prefer the waters but i'm sure we'll have fun here. He said, tilting his hat up to view the others. With a quick swirl of his hands, he brought a canteen into existence full of water. He took a mighty swing before capping it. I like Cact-Al's recommendation. We should probably make a nice plan of action don't you think? I mean, this is a little test run for our new friends! It would probably help em out.

He scanned the land around them while dust slowly picked up as the winds blew. Off in the distance, distorted by heat, were strange creatures. At first, he wondered if they were a threat but as he peered at them more he saw they were just robotic horses. Not too far from them was a stage coach hooked up to the group of metal animals. Just before he could blurt out something about the coach, Maddox spoke out. A mused grin spread across Atlan's face as he watched the animus in awe of his state of being. It was a sweet moment watching them get the hang of it. A few of us could make some, no problem. The thing is, probably couldn't make too many. Besides, the dreamer gets full say on the dream. Probably would have to convince them to make more come. Maybe a herd of em are just across the way. Atlan blew into his fingers to make a whistling sound hoping to make a horse appear for them. If you want, you could take the one coming soon and search for the dreamer! Probably somewhere near the thing. Before that though... He took the canteen from his hip and held it out in an offer. Anyone want some water?

Collinbu98 Collinbu98 SilverFlight SilverFlight zCrookedz zCrookedz DawnAntalios DawnAntalios Tedronai Tedronai TheGrandPygmy TheGrandPygmy deer deer Lioness075 Lioness075

cowgirl_by_dazwatford.jpg
HappenstanceRank: Rookie
Hap smiled as she watched Maddox acclimatize to his new surroundings.
"Nice form." She complimented with a smile.
She gave a sideways glance to Al the cactus and watched as Lux alighted gently on his arm. "Um, not to hate on your creativity there Al but...shouldn't you pick something more....I dunno, mobile?"
The whistle out of Atlan made her turn around, it also made the young blond man by the carriage turn around. Hap grinned at the presented opportunity.
"You can make things appear Maddox, by suggesting them to the dreamer, like this:"
The young man (by now Hap knew he was Nyx, or, the dreamer) was looking at them while Hap yelled: "Woohoo! Here they come! Look at all those horses!" She pointed behind the dreamer and sure enough, as he turned a herd of the finest horses came galloping over a ridge, tossing their heads and kicking up their glinting hooves. Several of them trotted over as saddles and bridles appeared on their bodies.
Hap chose a sleek, golden palomino and jumped lithely into the saddle.
"We gotta convince the dreamer to come with us." She said, turning her horse around and making her way towards the carriage.

- The dreamer has manifested right in your midst, as a young blond man in a plaid shirt and jeans. He seems lost.
- Atlan and Hap created a meme that made the dreamer imagine horses for our companions to accompany the stage coach on.
- The goal of the dream is to run the stage coach from where you are to the town without incident

Objectives:
1. Convince the dreamer of the goal
2. Get going!

zCrookedz zCrookedz Bolts Bolts TheGrandPygmy TheGrandPygmy Lioness075 Lioness075 Tedronai Tedronai Collinbu98 Collinbu98 DawnAntalios DawnAntalios deer deer Dominaiscna Dominaiscna

eDEPtIU.jpg

Al

♩♫♪

• Armor: Cactus spikes
  • Weapon: Acoustic Guitar/Cactus Arms
  • Mood: Cactus Mood

Al's prickly skin seemed to liven up under the hot sun of the desert around them. Looking around at the others who had mostly decided to go with the classic cowboy look, Al couldn't help but feel particularly proud of himself for his creativeness. His attention was drawn away from the situation however, when he felt something sharper than his spines land on his head. His head tilted upwards as if his faceless mask was looking up, to see a hawk had landed on him and was now talking to him. Were he to have an actual face, it would have winced at her flapping as the claws moved atop his cactus head. He then answered, with very subtlety.
"GAH! Watch the claws sweet heart! Those things'll slice up my melon."
He then sighed and glance up again.
"You can stay, so long as you swear not to rip my head open."

As Al tried to balance himself with his new addition, he over heard Hap call out to him about his mobility. He glanced over at her with his blank cactus face, once again his lack of facial features hiding his expression, which would be slightly amused now. He looked down at his cactus bottom half and then back up to Hap.
"Ya know what Hap! You're absolutely right. What in the world was I thinking turning into a cactus."
Al's cactus body looked down at where legs should be, probably jostling Lux atop his head a bit. His cactus bottom began to shift and juggle a bit as if something was moving around beneath the surface. Al made a few grunting noises as the thing inside the cactus began to push, until finally the cactus bottom exploded outward and a prickly green leg exploded forth like a egg being broken. The first leg moved forth, then the other, and they looked much like Al's normal legs, with a more cactus like skin over them. His expressionless cactus face looked back up at Hap and tilted slightly.
"Ah, that is MUCH better! Thanks for the advice Happenstance."

With his newly developed legs, Al's cactus body strode over towards the carriage and the metallic horses. He turned to look at the normal horses that Hap had Nyx, the dreamer, conjure and then back to the stage coach.
"Not sure the normal horses are going to appreciate my prickly arse sitting on them. So I'll drive the stage coach, ya?"
Al left his guitar slide to his back as he griped the stage coach seat, with what fingers no one could see, and hoisted himself up on to the seat. As he did a leather duster appeared draped over his cactus body with a silver star pinned to it. He then leaned back over and looked down at the blonde haired boy.
"What do you say shur'f, we should probably get this here shipment to town before any verm'nts show up?"

SilverFlight SilverFlight Bolts Bolts TheGrandPygmy TheGrandPygmy Lioness075 Lioness075 Tedronai Tedronai Collinbu98 Collinbu98 DawnAntalios DawnAntalios deer deer Dominaiscna Dominaiscna

Last edited:
maninblack.jpg
TeohRank: Master

Teoh stalked to the edge of the cliff atop which he had manifested. Though it was inaccessible by foot such matters meant little within the world of dreams. The terracotta panorama spanned as far as his serpentine eyes could see in any direction. Not a bad effort by the headmaster, but then just how much effort does an empty desert take?

He felt himself enliven as he walked, the heat stirring a body that logic dictated ought to be coldblooded, even if logic had as much place within a dream as air did in a vacuum. His feet skimmed across a baked ground which radiated the heat soaked over countless days, the touch on his scaled feet was a shade to the good of unbearable, and so his form began to warp as he walked; flickering as the rising heat distorts an image.

His newly booted feet offered some protection but it took only seconds for the heat to permeate the black leather soles and so he flickered again. Teoh elevated until he was sat atop a steed. Though his new form rode the horse, the horse too was a part of him. Even in dreams he did not trust to the sanity of horses, and much preferred to be under to power of his own locomotion. The dark colouration he opted for drank in the heat of the sun, but for all its discomfort it seemed…somehow fitting.

He spied the Animi down below. They were far enough to be little more than specks on the russet undulations, too far to tell apart or hear but such things were easily fixed. The air before him shimmered and magnified. The Animi jumped forward to as to seem within touching distance, and Teoh watched them as clearly as if a massive TV hung in the air. With that thought he willed a remote hand and raised the volume, and their chattering now carried the distance as ethereal numbers appeared and began to climb. Sadly, nothing he saw or heard surprised or pleased him.

The unruly children were treating the lesson like a game, and the master in their midst was serving as no example. While Nyx ought to punish them for their complacency he could not rely on it and so he would have to see to it himself. As Teoh set his mind to the role he had taken his chosen avatar of the man in black withered and sallowed, and the horse that was both him and his mount grew to look emaciated.

Teoh breathed deeply, trying to calm himself before he lost himself to the fiend he was impersonating. He was here after all to teach, not traumatise them. Yet he intended to teach them a lesson they wouldn’t forget in a hurry.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Bolts Bolts Lioness075 Lioness075 Collinbu98 Collinbu98 deer deer TheGrandPygmy TheGrandPygmy DawnAntalios DawnAntalios Dominaiscna Dominaiscna zCrookedz zCrookedz

Last edited:
Foal.jpg
Name: Sam Rank: Journeyman
Mood: Curious Weapon: Floof
Having gotten terribly lost in her thoughts, Sam had nearly lost her opportunity to join in the training exercise.

Realizing this with a start, Sam sprinted after the disappearing group while shouting, "Wait for me, guys!"

Sadly, Sam forgot she was a clumsy young gryphon and so she promptly tripped over a flapping wing and face planted.
"Oomph!"

Standing back up, Sam glared at the missing group.
"Thanks for waiting - not."

Bounding into the desert world to join the team, Sam skidded to a halt only to choke on dust.
"Oh go-"
Choking some more, Sam soon recovered and looked around to see everyone had changed to adapt to their new scenario. Seeing Al's new form, even after he adjusted it, had Sam laughing her butt off.
"Dude, you look ridiculous!"

Eager to join in the fun, Sam closed her eyes for a moment and began to adjust her own form to something new. When she reopened her eyes, Sam snorted before rearing back up and neighing loudly. Game time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back