• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Love Letters

LemonLime

wilted sunflower
[ Closed rp with SilverRose SilverRose ]

Hopping through town, Ace waved at the nearby shop owners setting up for the morning. The stalls lines the thin streets as he ran by tossing papers with personal mail intertwined. Almost everyone knew Ace or had heard of him. He had the reputation of the towns helper. He’d take up almost any odd job or errand.

Large dogs barked at his presence as he exited the streets of town and onto grassy paths. Trees surrounded his every step as the odd carriage rode by him. Today was special, Ace had received Royal Mail and was tasked to deliver it. Barely did he ever have a reason to wonder toward the higher class part of town but today would be an adventure.

At the gates of the large castle, Ace was let into the yard by Royal guards. He stayed quiet around them, keeping any interaction to a minimum.

“Deliver it to her myself?” Ace stared confused at one of the castle maids as she instructed him to take it directly to her. It was a busy morning, all sorts of people running around the large halls.
Maybe something important was going on today? Ace thought to himself. Boots squeaked on the marble flooring as he searched the halls for the correct room. A pristine letter resting in his hands.

Esmeralda had awoken that morning dreading that she did wake up. As the clock ticks on she knows she is getting closer and closer to becoming a wife to some snooty prince. She really hates that idea.

She is in a flowy and long pink nightgown as she stretches and gets up humming to herself. She goes to a mirror and she brushes her beautifully long hair with a soft hairbrush.

All of the doors down the hall of the castle were very similar besides hers. Her door was painted pink because her father believed princesses should be surrounded by pink. But Esmeralda didn't mind too much she was more fond of dark red though.

Ace spotted a door that stuck out from the rest of them, instinct usually said to investigate anything out of the ordinary. With intense curiosity, he grabbed the door handle and pushed it open slightly.
“Umm...I have a letter addressed to the princess...?” He called out with a stare just before his eyes caught site of a young girl. He had never seen the princess up this close making him freeze up in awe.

“Sorry! S-Sorry your highness!” Ace immediately closed the door and waited outside with a bright red blush across his face. He had better manners than this! The envelope had become slightly wrinkled in his hands after closing the door so fast.

She smiles slightly flustered as well. She getting up putting a coat on since no one besides her future husband and her maids were to see her in pajamas. It was indecent to be seen without proper clothes on for her. She quickly ties the long coat and opens the door.

"Hello? I believe you said you had a letter for me? Oh where are my manners, Esmeralda Charton pleased to make your acquaintance." She curtseys to him slightly with a cute smile.

Surprised when the Princess actually exited her room, Ace stepped back, got down on his one knee and faced the floor. “I apologize for rudely walking in like that.” He stood back up and held out the letter.

Smiling in return, he stared at Esmeralda and all her features. She had skin and eyes that seemed so perfect, he had never met a royal so casually. It almost felt like a sin for him to be here.
“The names Ace.” Three was a small accent in his voice compared to hers. He spoke with more slang and relaxed words, less formal.

"very pleased to meet you sir Ace." She looks at the letters and sighs when she opens it up "if you would have lost these I would not of been mad." She gets ready to go back in before looking at the boy

He's quite thin and handsome in an odd way to her but she shakes the thought from her head. She then puts her hand back onto the doorknob to leave.

Unsure of how to reply, the curiosity was burning inside of him to ask what the mail was about. He grasped his bag and took a quiet deep breath, opening his lips to speak. But he stopped himself and instead stood awkwardly before the princess.

Ace turned to leave, sprinting away with his boots squeaking on the floor yet again. From his delivery bag, flew out some mail he had not delivered yet, unaware they had fallen out.

Esmeralda saw the letters fall out and shakes her head a little bit laughing to herself. "All boys treat me the same like I'm a Goddess." She gathers the letters and follows the boy all the way back to the village.

She still being in just a night gown and long coat hope to find him quickly. She rounds some corners and sees him and calls his name. "Ace!! Ace!!" She runs after him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back