• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ: ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฝ๐˜€ - ๐—ถ๐—ฐ

Characters
Here

• intro

spring memories

n.flying

opening.

T
    he bustling sound of the students marks the start of another semester. Some are excited at the thought of starting university, others feeling the stress about being in their senior year and knowing that the time, until they go out to the real world, is just a couple of months away, and some others are just enjoying their time without worrying too much. But regarding their situation, every student has a story to tell.

Whether is a cheerful story, one that could win the best melodrama, or a comedy that could make laugh. Even the most serious person, the most notable part of it, is the people that surround you, the ones that would help you along the way as you embark on this journey called life.

So when a group of students from different degrees with their own goals and dreams is gathered in a class together, maybe by destiny or just by coincidence that their schedules matched, How will their lives after meeting for the first time would be? Would they make memories that are going to be attached to them for a long time? Perhaps they will create bonds that will be stronger than someone could imagine? Only time will tell as they decipher together the wonders that are love and friendship.

intro

cast

love 101

an introduction to
relationships

time

11:00 am

date

5th march, 2022

classroom

status

closed

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

seo min-jee
PHILAUTIA
One thing that Min-Jee was known for was always making sure that everything went according to how she envisioned it in her head. For her, making mistakes wasnโ€™t something she felt proud of; she didnโ€™t want to fix things that could have been avoided if she paid more attention to her surroundings; and the girl already had a packed schedule to let herself be derailed for her goals.

Then how did she end up in this situation? In a class where she didnโ€™t want to partake, to begin with, and was already dreading the existence of it. How it was possible for someone to mess up that bad when you were selecting your courses for the new semester? It wasnโ€™t her first time and still; she got it wrong, as if she was some kind of newbie at university. Perhaps it was more the embarrassment of attending the class just to find out you were not on the attendance list because you didnโ€™t sign up for that class, to begin with, and then just leave as a room full of students saw you make a fool of yourself for not paying attention.

For sure, it was that and not that out of every class she could have chosen from; she ended up in one where the primary subject was the relationships between two individuals around the idea of love. And one thing that was sure for Min-Jee was that she didnโ€™t want to date, nor she didnโ€™t want to learn about relationships. What else did she need to learn? That you are giving your heart away, and someone is just going to take it and step on it without even caring about the other? Or maybe they would focus on teaching them how to get away with cheating on their girlfriend and not get caught in the act. Wouldnโ€™t that be funny? And if that happen most likely it was life just laughing at her.

Sure, she could drop the class, but that would mean losing the credits and in her plans, wasnโ€™t waiting for another term to finish her courses. Even if her entire soul was screaming to get out of the class, Min-Jee remained seated now in her correct classroom and knowing that her name would appear on that attendance list. And despite that, she was fuming at her being there. It was just a class. There was nothing that could go wrong, right?

mood: annoyed
outfit: here
tags: no one
coded by Stardust Galaxy

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ left side info ------ */
mood Begrudging

location class

outfit here

mentions n/a

tag n/a

Min, Nara

/* ------ right side ------ */

Nara scribbled down the last few notes from the projector screen at the front of the class with quick, messy strokes of his pen. A cacophony of rustling paper and scratching ink could be heard in the classroom, each student rushing to do the same as him in an effort to start the year off right. Go to each class on time, write down every note possible. At least, for a week or so. Nara wasnโ€™t unfamiliar with the way the crowds thinned out by the second month of the semester. He wasnโ€™t the greatest student himself, but he was at leastโ€”dedicated. Which is why he now found himself standing up with a begrudging sigh to tuck away his things before slinging on his backpack and heading to his next class. The dreaded class.

The look on his professorโ€™s face was hard to forget. Equal parts pity and disappointment. She liked Nara, she wanted to see him succeed and had even lined up an internship for him through her own web of connections. He was a good student, with a well rounded insight and open mind, but there was one glaring flaw that would keep him from success in this field. His professor slid a paper across her desk with two fingers. Nara winced at the bold red markings that diseased the page.

โ€œYou donโ€™t understand love, Nara,โ€ She had said flat out, her tone gentle in its pity. โ€œYou donโ€™t make any effort to.โ€

Nara had tried to protest, to justify his poor performance on any novel that had to do with love or the idea of romance. The fabric of his pants were bunched in his fists under the table to keep his hands from shaking. She was wrong, he did understand love, he wasnโ€™t running from anything. It was justโ€”complicated. Hard to articulate. Involved a certain type of passion he felt he felt was incapable of summoning within himselfโ€”no that wouldnโ€™t help, that wouldnโ€™t get him out of this dumb meeting. His professor wouldnโ€™t be convinced. So Nara stayed quiet instead and gently nodded along with her sympathy.

โ€œI think you should take this class, Nara, before you move on to the internship next semester. I think itโ€™ll be good for you.โ€

He stared down at a sticky note she had scribbled on quickly and handed his way. Love 101: An Introduction to Relationships. Nara cringed inwardly just from the name alone, but managed to plaster a smile on his face after a beat. โ€œIโ€™ll sign up for it as soon as I can, thank you.โ€

Nara sighed at the memory as he made his way down the halls of the University. He needed his professorโ€™s recommendation and the internship that was tethered to it. Worst case, what, the class was a waste of time? An easy A? He pulled a quick smile on his face as he passed a group he recognized.

He checked his watch. He still had a comfortable amount of time before class started. It would give him the space he needed to craft a response to what Ari had sent him earlier. He was used to her sporadic messages now, sometimes not hearing from her for a week. Although Nara had had several years to grow accustomed to her distance, he couldnโ€™t help the way his heart still jumped whenever her name lit up his phone screen.

Nara shuffled into the classroom and took a random seat somewhere near the back. It was beginning to fill up slowly, and anxious conversation trickled in amongst some of the students. He stared at the sleek black phone in his hand, trying to wrap his head around the message Ari sent during his last class. Nara didnโ€™t miss the way his heart sank at her words. She was gushing about some cute cashier who had been flirting with her at the grocery store, and was asking for his advice on what she should do next. He typed a quick nod of encouragement to her before clicking the phone screen off. Naraโ€™s reflection stared back at him on the glossy black screen. Maybe his professor was right for assigning him this class. He rested his forehead in one of his palms, hair pushed back as his fingers slid through it. Naraโ€™s gaze stared straight down at the surface of the desk. Yeah, he didnโ€™t understand love. That much was true. He tried to control his expression of frustration while he stomached the aching blow of Ariโ€™s words. Maybe he didnโ€™t want to understand. Maybe heโ€™d rather run instead.

Nara cleared his throat after several moments in that position before motioning for his backpack to pull out a notebook and pen. Even if he didnโ€™t want to walk away from this class having actually learned anything, the least he could do was put up a faรงade of effort thatโ€™ll net him what he needed from this. The internship. Nara began scribbling down some page titles in his notebook and prepared himself for whatever this Love 101 class claimed to be.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

ยฉ weldherwings.

good morning...

10:00 AM.
lee so-won crawls out of bed, whirling head and regretful heart after having cast away rationality and sleep last night in favour of foolish gratification. granted, she'd been struggling to fall asleep regardless, too abuzz with excitement at the prospect of learning about love; giving in to the resulting craving for sugary-sweet romance and staying up till five watching a drama, however, was neither necessary nor even close to a wise decision.

well, too late now. deathly as she felt, she wasn't about to be late for what was surely going to be the highlight of her semester.

10:50 AM.
lee so-won stands outside the classroom door, foot tap-tapping against the concrete as her fingers swipe incessantly at her phoneโ€” willing a message to appear and quell her growing unease. the buzz of a notification makes her jump, though the message it heralds is the worst news she could've received.

a-young unnie
wonnie... sorry, i had to drop it! hyungseok asked me to join him for an elective and the timings clashed...

"ah... seriously...?"

she could feel the colour drain from her face, the wash of dismay urging her to crumple to the ground right there and then. she didn't, thankfully; the appearance of another, headed towards the adjacent classroom door, reminded her of her very public location. so-won half-bowed instinctively as they passed, cringing inwardly as soon as the door closed behind them. nothing was going right.

ugh, for her boyfriend too! she couldn't even say anything because she'd helped get them together!

darn. dang! goddaโ€”

what was she to do now?

a needless question, though, because considering she'd been eyeing this course the moment she'd heard about itโ€” there was only one option she could choose. plus, if she dropped it and just... left right now, wouldn't that make her already unreasonable decisions last night even less justifiable? either way, there was no way so-won was missing out on this, even if she'd have to go at it alone.

10.53 AM.
lee so-won types up a hurried reply, thumb stabbing the 'send' button with as much conviction as she could muster before she yanks roughly on the door handle and enters.

the classroom was filling up by now, and it was with the grace of a robot that so-won marched into the classroom, gaze straight-ahead but unseeing; she took the first seat she found, every movement practically creaking with how unnatural she looked as she set down her bag, laying out her laptop and planner on the table and finishing her set-up with a gentle pat on the device.

well, she was all set.

pre-class prep settled, her gaze wandered, drawn immediately to her neighbour. she was pretty, and so-won guessed she was a little older than her; not because she looked old, or anythingโ€” more like she exuded maturity... the sleek bob she sported was so cool and she looked so put-together and her blazer was so cute... the girl shifted suddenly, interrupting her thoughts and sending her gaze fleeing back to her things.

a beat of silence, then two, and then a third for good measure before she had had enough of the awkward silence. it was awkward, right? surely it wasn't just her.

"hey,"
she greeted, in a poor attempt at a whisper,
"i'm lee so-won! what's your name?"

"seo min-jee." maybe it was just her.

a nervous smile spread onto her lips as she continued, mouth hastily rattling off whatever thoughts came to mind,
"oh! nice to meet you... i really like your hair, it's super pretty! how old areโ€” ah, no, what major are you in?"

"...i'm in graphic design."

"wow, that's so cool... i'm a physics major, so it's like two different worlds, huh! i can't draw at all,"
she paused briefly, as if waiting for a comment, though when none came she barrelled on,
"umโ€” i'm in my second year, are you... as well...?"

once more, min-jee's reply came curt. "i'm in my fourth."

maybe she wasn't the talkative type. or maybe she was annoyed by how talkative she was. oh, jeez.

"oh, so you're older! may i speakโ€”"
so-won cut herself off, lips pursing. no, that was probably too much for a first meeting, and she seemed annoyed enough.
"nevermind, haha."

she shuffled uneasily in her seat, an apology sitting on the tip of her tongue. that would make it worse, wouldn't it? the silence seemed to weigh down on her, and she glanced away, fingers looping and unlooping in her lap. maybe this attempt at friendship was a lost cause.

but she was anything if not resilient, if only for the sake of her surviving the rest of the semester! she would just find another.

leaning forward, she gave a light tap to the shoulder in front of her, a bright smile slipping onto her face as soon as the other girl turned.
"hey, i'm lee so-won!"

talk about deja vu.

"what's your name?"

sour grapes

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

Last edited:
nothing can rival my love for matcha!
jeon in-su.
contrary to the unattainable campus princes and princesses hoisted on pedestals just out of reach of the masses, only to be gazed upon with lust and envy but never touched, jeon in-su's popularity was of the subtle sort, a malleable and approachable socialite among the common people who was accepted in nearly every clique yet exclusive to none. while his confidence may have run unchecked for many of his university years, he was neither pompous nor prideful in who he chose to befriend and spend his time with, a tendency that differentiated him from quite a few of the more closed-off circles that failed to gain his allegiance early on. to jeon in-su, the world was stuffed to the brim of all walks of life waiting to be tasted and explored, and as someone with a thirst for broadening his mindset, shutting them out would be doing himself a disservice.

despite getting invited to a new house party every night and making appearances across all sorts of university events with a fresh face on his toned arm, however, in-su did not dare let anyone pry into his psyche beyond the usual drunk ramblings; a sloppy confession to the scantily-dressed boy pouring his drinks, an exasperated denouncement of an asshole professor with a temper, a nonsensical existential pondering of humanity's role in the expanding universeโ€” yes, jeon in-su was a chatterbox, no more and no less, until the microscope shifted to him, to his heart and soul pried open under the scrutiny of people he couldn't explain himself to, couldn't get the words that usually came so naturally to accurately portray the permeating ache in his chest that grew and grew and grew until it became a blossoming rose of distrust and longing with thorns he was too afraid to approach.

and so he became the resident collegiate heartbreaker, a jovial young cassanova with a dazzling smile who won people over not with practiced flirtatious oneliners, but through pure, unbridled kindness and acceptance towards the delinquents, the wallflowers, and everyone in between. his reputation was not spotless by any stretch of the word, but he did not regret any part of his lifestyle nonetheless. he loved loving people, even if he wasn't quite sure if romantic love would ever be written in his stars.

"so for the chi-squared test of independency, we're testing whether certain types of flight cancellations depend on the origin..." in-su thought out loud to his newly assigned statistics lab partner, a scrawny man with the hood of his wrinkled green sweater drawn over an unkempt head of jet black hair. in-su leaned over to glance at the visibly exhausted student's code, comparing it with his own graphical output. "does your data show that LAX has the highest proportion of carrier-caused cancellations, too? i got a super low p-value."

"chi-squared? i went with pairwise proportion,"
his partner replied, voice deadpan as he absentmindedly clicked through his spreadsheet tabs. "i don't think we're even testing for the same thing."

in-su groaned, leaning back against the stiff metal lab chair as he felt the beginnings of a headache prickling at the left side of his skull. "for fuck's sake, man, i know this is just a practice exercise, but the instructions that ta wrote were justโ€” shit, my ide crashed."

upon trudging his way through the rest of the dreary 8 am stats lab with a barely functioning partner to bounce ideas off of, in-su's next class wasn't until 11, leaving him with half an hour to kill before he had to make his way towards the lecture halls south of his current position on the ninth floor of a tower packed with depressed engineering students. for the sake of lifting his spirits, he opted to use this brief reprieve to snag a serving of his favorite matcha boba tea, an instant pick-me-up for a man whose material woes were as easily soothed as his all-encompassing appetite. the boba chain located in the lobby of the campus library, while ordinarily exquisite in its customer service, made a slight error this time and brewed him a black milk tea instead before apologizing and making him a new cup despite his reassurances that it was no big deal at all.

it was after such a string of events that a relatively chipper in-su, newly armed with two fresh cups of boba and unaware of the true nature of his last class of the day, stepped foot into the bustling lecture hall to learn about the basics of love.

and if in-su found that concept gobsmackingly hilarious, he did not voice it.

"susu, hey!" the call came from a petite girl enrolled in the same major as him, a free spirit he had kept in contact with since their first year, who had been wiping down the white board from the last professor who had left it a smudged mess. "i didn't think you were serious about taking this class."

the smile dropped from in-su's face as he purposely accentuated the furrow in his brow. "i'm so serious, more serious than i've ever been," he chided in a comically deep tone. "this is my serious business face."

"ha, you're still a tool. there's copies of the syllabus up front."

careful not to swing around the bag holding the beverages too aggressively as he joked around, in-su dapped up a couple more familiar faces while scanning the sea of desks for an open seat at a tactical viewpoint, not too far from the windows yet close enough to the door for a rapid escape if necessary. in the process, his gaze landed on one recognizable mug in particular, bringing a devious grin to his lips and a glint to his dark eyes.

in-su discreetly meandered towards the half-japanese man, making a show of creeping up to him like a cartoon villain spyโ€” albeit, a very bad one.

"na... ra!"

he slammed the black milk tea boba down on the desk in front of the preoccupied man, drops of condensation from the iced drink dotting the page he'd been scribbling on. in-su had known nara for quite some time now, having gotten closer through basketball despite nara's initial unwillingness to participate in the athletic aspect of the club. the vice captain did not mind that his friend wasn't particularly keen on the sport, happy to just have him around as a witness for their various shenanigans.

"gong cha gave me the wrong order, so now i'm double fisting, and not the good kind. take it off my hands for me?" he asked sweetly, batting his eyelashes in a saccharine attempt to woo the literature major. "pretty please, my warmhearted, kind, loyal friend?"

in-su zoomed away before nara could reject the beverage, shooting him a shit-eating grin and escaping around to an open desk two rows forward behind a particularly chatty girl making conversation with everyone around her. on closer inspection, her cute, bubbly expression registered in his brain as vaguely recognizable, someone he might have had a conversation with some length of time ago.

"hey, you look really familiar! did we chat after a festival or something last year?" in-su inquired, before his eyes widened as their initial meeting came back to him in an instant; they had indeed talked for a couple days after becoming acquainted and exchanging numbers, but nothing had come of it after he became preoccupied with other matters and stopped reaching out. he chuckled lightheartedly, not reading into their history as anything more than a fun memory long gone by.

"no way, we definitely did! so-won, right? you totally hustled me in billiards at that one concert afterparty last year!" he exclaimed, volume escalating slightly as a warm smile tugged at his lips in light of the pleasant reconnection. "hell yeah, it's so nice that i know some people in this class. mind if i sit here?"

in-su did not wait for an answer before tossing his backpack underneath the seat behind so-won, flopping down in the chair without a care for gracefulness as he situated his pen and boba cup before him. in all honesty, he did not have high expectations for this class or its probably-not-board-approved curriculum, but it seemed like a quirky challenge nonetheless, and judging by the bright faces around him, he could leave this lecture hall in half a year having formed some new connections at the very least.

he turned to assess the quiet girl seated next to so-won, her reserved posture and clipped responses not stopping him from reaching forward to tap her shoulder and make her acquaintance. "hi, it's nice to meet you! i gotta say, i love your style. that plaid blazer looks super nice on you! not gonna lie, this kind of feels like a joke class, but i'm sure it'll be fun anyways if we all look after each other. it's not like they're gonna make us do anything weird... probably." he paused as he realized he forgot to introduce himself. "oh, i'm jeon in-su, by the wayโ€” what should i call you?"

coded by reveriee.

Last edited:
han euntae
PRAGMA

euntae is not late โ€” no, he could never be โ€“ and the speeding totally isnโ€™t to make up for the time spent petting meerkats in the meerkat friends cafe. in his defense, coffee is a must if the teacher wishes for him to not doze off midst class and he couldnโ€™t just not stay there for an additional ten minutes when one fell asleep in his lap. seriously, he isnโ€™t a monster. well, a caffeinated, speeding monster maybe, but certainly not an animal neglectant monster! donโ€™t question his priorities; you would have done the same in his position.

unless you hate animals and yourself.

anyway, there is a reason for his not so law-abiding driving; euntae truly does want to be there in time. which is a surprise indeed, for his interests and thus his own call for punctuality wanes greatly when it comes to affairs of academic nature. or how he titles it; boredom purgatory. itโ€™s true that euntae does not care for studying, finding lifeโ€™s importance in better entertaining activities such as traveling and petting every animal u can pet. and can you blame him? what most others wish to obtain through these dreary and boring means, he possesses already; jewels embrace him, gold paints him, and decadence bows before him. wealth is a beautiful ugly thing, and freedom is so easily bought by it. call him lazy and privileged if you will, but why spend time and energy building empires when there was already one, grander and older than yourself, at your fingertips?

no, euntae does not care for classes and the like,, but he canโ€™t help the curiosity blooming inside him about this particular one. a love class, nonetheless. not that the han euntae needs any help with finding love; there have been many intertwined hearts in the past. sure, all of those love stories ended โ€“ some on a better note than others โ€” but none of them were because of his own shortcomings, or so he believed.

though, perhaps there was truth in those long arguments and heavy accusations. maybe, euntae, oh so generous and kind, isnโ€™t as perfect a boyfriend as the portrait is painted out to be; there are blemishes and cracks the untrained eyes can be blind towards. after all, how can one catch the wrongs when they have been posed as rights all life long? maybe the misfortune in finding a love true and withstanding isnโ€™t just that; a lack of something beyond oneโ€™s reach, but a consequence of the unchangingโ€”

ehh who is he kidding, those women just werenโ€™t the one for him. that's it. they didnโ€™t understand his language of love, appreciated all his gifts until they suddenly didnโ€™t. women are indeed confusing, but that doesnโ€™t halt euntae from holding onto hope, doesnโ€™t refrain him from continuing his journey towards finding the one. and, well, maybe this love class can give him some more insight on the hows of thatโ€ฆ

now, all he needs to do is get there in ti-

there is a sudden flash of movement, right in front of his car; blurs that become sharp as a figure materializes out of seemingly nothing, giving him a near heart attack. a cursed yelp leaves his mouth as he sharply steers his car, only narrowly avoiding hitting theโ€ฆ.girl?? on a bike??? who even bikes nowadays? his rapid heartbeat slows down once the, uh, โ€˜incidentโ€™ has been avoided and he leans back in his seat, a sigh of relief escaping him. she was okay right? euntae would have double checked in his driver mirror any other day, but today, the battle against time took precedence. sorry, bike girl !

oh well, he didnโ€™t hit her so everything is probably fine!!

euntae continues his drive, albeit now in a less dangerous speed, and eventually arrives at his destination. he quickly parks the car and hurries to get to classโ€ฆ only, there is a note, a tiny piece of information, that slowly seeps into the mind, making his steps slow down. it is then, when the man slowly realizes something very important and yet damning; he is at the location of his usual classes, which is a whole other department than the one love class belongs to โ€” which meansโ€ฆ

yeah, so euntae is late to class. he really didnโ€™t mean for it to happen but, uh, everybody makes mistakes? he does feel guilty about it, a bashful expression marking his face as he enters the full classroom, interrupting the teacherโ€™s speech. an apologetic smile will have to do, alongside a deep bow for the extra exhibit of contrite.

โ€œah, i apologize for being lateโ€ฆ i hadโ€ฆ. traffic issues.โ€

sure, letโ€™s call it that, shall we?

mood: woopsies
tags: no one
coded by Stardust Galaxy

U - J I N

Mood: CR7 pays his wife too

Outfit:
here

Interactions: Pepsionne Pepsionne

The macaw purged. The oiled feathers pandered the emerald riverbank. Its servile spine bended out of level, and the talons fangled out. It was too vibrant, a splashy riddance of Amazonian reds, yellows, and blues that touch far of base from his peach-white flesh.

It stayed screeching like Satan's cheerleader on the back of his calf.

Comparable to that was U-Jin Nam who was on the run.

The tattooist once asked him, scaling the design on his leg, โ€œThis big?โ€

U-Jin cheated his tongue against his teeth with a tiger-militiant grin, "Bigger. Everyone should see it when I run."

Moments before pumping his arms to a run, U-Jin had spotted her on the far side of the field, moving towards the set of stairs to the main edifice of the University.

โ€œYa, Ferrari-engine," said U-Jin giving his teammate a slap on the back of his sun-bleached shirt as he was running past him. With easy rhythm, he swindled a complete 180, coming volte-face with him like vines that arrange themselves in a torsion.

"If you use that basic routine pass again with that much flashiness next practice with no effort Iโ€™ll seriously have it out for you-โ€ he versed, voice lolling through a gust of air.

"Where are you going, U?" his teammate yelled after him realizing that he wasn't slowing down. Stimulated, his whole nervous system was a bucket of his hometown's fish: mutants of excited neurons. He was nearly blowing out his achilles tendon with his speed.

His teammate watched U-jin kick off one cleat. It scaled skywards. Then, the other ricochetted off as he grew more miniature and farther from the lawn.

The marathoner boomed loudly in response, "Doo-na! I just saw her!"

U-Jin tore his weight up the stairs, left leg grueling to right. He steadied himself at the top in bastardized Nike socks printed green by the lawn.

The hallway was bustling with an interim of activity. Spare the zing of action, of the papers scuffling, and the students scampering. Because soon, it didn't matter- he was dodging left and right, making ravines through the crowds. In the interim of chasing her, a friend of his delayed him with kosher smile.

"U-jin, do you want to walk to class together-" said he.

"Aish," U-Jin replied, becoming irritated without a hitch in his stride, "Work on that pickup line."

The door folded. He caught it.

โ€œYah, Do-" he panted, coming to stand in front of the capacious classroom, desperately searching for Doo-Na in an unconventional Vogue of socks, low swung turquoise shorts, and a soaked shirt.

That's when he saw her: the apogee of his happiness. She was putting down her bag. It was hard for him to take her in all at once.

Then, she did the unthinkable, meeting him with an inscrutable, near-telepathic gaze. The ticks of his heart felt threatened by those intelligent eyes that could be mined for depth for several lifetimes. She leaned over, her wild shocks of hair tickling her chin and--

She lip-dived a kiss to the cheek of the boy next to her.

It was an assault to his heart. He was alive all this time because he could outrun a war at home. A tornado. But, this was something else.

"Yaah," he rasped out more slowly and more insecurely in a sap-rich challenge, all of a sudden feeling like an anomaly of a voice in flood-water.

He could sock the guy's jaw. Effectually, he wanted to smile, shake with laugher, and shut down all at once. He reformed his speechlessness to a brief pause of silence.

Dispersing his gaze, he sought a face in the plurality of the students. In the genuflecting lights and a brusque sweep of the seats, he found her. She wasn't looking at him, rather both her jitterbug eyes and light fabled lips were in mid-conversation with someone. She was wearing a chomped lime sweater.

He vaguely remembered her name from this morning from the groupchat notifications, but wasn't sure of it. Hell, he didn't know jack about her name. Was she Jee or So or-

Confronted by his illiteracy in names didn't stop his asphalt, rogue taunt, "Lee Bo-"

He pointed a straight, shrewd, and waspish finger at her. Instantly, he regretted it.

"Lee Bo-Won is mine to bother this term.โ€

Ill-naturedly, his coifed black lashes lifted to linger on Doo-Na. He did not have any disciple of control. Did she remember when they met? How they met? Did this make her remember? He sucked air in through his teeth. He didn't have sleeves to roll.

Then, as if everything he had done was more myth than man, he brazened up a laggard rim of momentum, and sunk in a seat next to a boy with a forehead cowled by dark front bangs. The class wasn't full anyways. He prismed back into the chair as far as he could sit.

"Do you mind?" he said with a pulse of sulkiness, but he didn't wait for the answer.

Pulling over the drink, he leaned over and put his mouth to rest. He sucked on the straw, taking one long gulp.

"So," he wiped his mouth and rolled his neck, "Why did you take this class?"

"No sex life? Single for life? Mister Romeo?" his tongue strapped a hard-line on the vowels, "Ex-girlfriend? Ex-boyfriend-"

Then, after everyone had filed into the schoolhouse classroom, came the torchlight for the moths of eyes. He was a glimpse of the kids who would never grow callous hands or minced over the coins in their spit-chaw pockets. U-Jin tuned him out.

He continued, "Are you property of a chaebol? Want to be? A loose cannon?"

code by Stardust Galaxy

mood relieved, distraught (rip boba)

location class

outfit here

mentions n/a

tag sox sox lion. lion.

Min, Nara

Each inward push of the classroom door added an invisible pressure that weighed on the back of Naraโ€™s neck, keeping his gaze pushed downward onto his desk. Why did he feel such--shame for being in this class? No one else seemed nervous, the way they were chatting idly. Excitement rather than fear permeated the air. It felt that Nara was the only one who didnโ€™t match the energy. Was his shame born through the knowledge that he had been assigned this class, rather than opting into it? Was he the only one here who didnโ€™t understand love and frankly--didnโ€™t feel a reason to? Ariโ€™s face flashed in Naraโ€™s mind for a brief second, despite his efforts to suppress the image. He inhaled sharply, his hand smearing the edge of the last word he wrote. The stark black ink faded into a muddled gray before giving way to the blank whiteness of the page once more. Nara let out a low curse under his breath before rubbing the side of his palm to rid of the stain that had transferred there.

Since entering the class several minutes ago, Nara had managed to tune out the steady opening and closing of the door, the sound of footsteps trodding through the classroom existing in the same space as the even, ever present beating of his own heart. But there were limits to his ability to focus, and one student that had a habit of breaking through that focus without even having to try. He heard Susu before he ever saw him, someoneโ€™s jovial voice calling out his name the moment the man entered. Naraโ€™s gaze was brought upward, tentatively, a dash of hope beginning to douse the soft flame of shame burning low in his stomach. If Insu of all people was taking this class--then surely it wouldnโ€™t be as painful as Nara had expected--right? The man was a walking heart breaker, a magnet for romantic interactions. He had gotten used to seeing the ever changing partner on Insuโ€™s arm after being coerced some months ago by his friends to join the basketball club. Insu was easy to get along with, and he and Nara had gotten familiar with each other throughout the antics of the basketball club. He could just stick with Susu then, maybe even learn from him to some degree.

Nara nodded to himself in a silent agreement, picking up his pen with a renewed drive, moving past the smudged headline and beginning to outline the rest of the class information in his notebook. Fear flashed in his dark eyes, widened as they looked up to see Insu towering over him with a devilish grin on his face, but the look quickly gave way to excitement when he saw what the man was holding in his hands. He let out a soft sigh to see droplets of condensation further marr his class outline after the cup had been slammed onto his desk with an excited vigor. At this point--was it even worth taking notes?

A smirk slid across Naraโ€™s face, matching Insuโ€™s earlier devious energy. โ€œYou know I canโ€™t say no to free boba,โ€ He slid the cup across the desk towards himself, picking up the plastic cup and swirling the liquid inside absently. The dark syrup at the bottom began to slowly creep and mix its way into the tea above, creating a soft brown hue. โ€œBut--uh, letโ€™s still consider it a favor. You owe me,โ€ Nara called out to Insuโ€™s back, the other male having already walked away from him in a beeline to a girl several rows ahead of where he was.

The nerves he had fostered for the class up to this point were successfully wiped away for now, Naraโ€™s attention solely focused on the unexpected addition of boba to his day. He was in the middle of ripping through the thin plastic of the straw when another studentโ€™s voice cut through the blanket of ambient conversation that covered the class. Nara watched, almost as if in a trance, at the scene of a sweaty student pointing over at someone else, the fire of a challenge dripping from every one of his pores. Nara tried to puncture the boba while keeping his attention on the scene in front of him, managing to almost miss and land his straw awkwardly close to the rim of the cup.

โ€œShit,โ€ he cursed under his breath, turning the cup to examine the damage and how to best move forward from his blunder. He set the cup down to grab his phone, planning to take a picture and post his misfortune online. The words โ€œdo you mind?โ€ Didnโ€™t register until it was too late, and his drink became nothing but a puddle of condensation on his desk.

Nara watched, stunned, as the man now seated beside him took a long sip of his boba. His mouth opened, but no sound came out. The student beside him didnโ€™t seem to mind, simply stretching his neck from side to side. The cup had been replaced back on Naraโ€™s desk, the mix of condensation and now, sweat, beginning to run down in a small river to join the already existing puddle of water from when Susu had slammed the cup down initially.

He didnโ€™t have an immediate answer for the line of questioning that spilled from his neighbor, but by the way the man was continuing to prattle off different topics, Nara didnโ€™t think that he particularly minded. โ€œI--need this for an internship,โ€ was Naraโ€™s only answer back, his voice lowered now that the conversations in class seemed to be dying out in anticipation for the lecture to start.

ยฉ weldherwings.

Last edited:
seo min-jee
PHILAUTIA
Min-Jee hated every minute spent in that classroom; the hopeful looks of everyone in attendance who had a goal in common to find love. It just made her sick to her stomach wondering how long would it take for the rest to realize that there wasnโ€™t anything good with falling in love; that it was just a waste of your time and you would rather do something productive rather than give part of your life to someone that wasnโ€™t even worth it.

Was it too late to drop out of the class? Sure it wasnโ€™t. She could easily grab her belongings and go to the administration building and just say that she wasnโ€™t interested in the class anymore. But she was too proud to do that and lose the credits that would lead to her graduation; the same amount of credits she could have gotten if she didnโ€™t slip up when picking her courses. But the idea of graduating late sounded like a better idea rather than spending an entire semester in this class with this people that most likely had hearts for eyes.

That was it. She had decided by the end of the day Seo Min-Jee wouldnโ€™t be part of that attendance list from that class, or thatโ€™s what her plans would have been if the girl next to her hadnโ€™t introduced herself. Shining brighter than the sun and with a friendliness that felt like a breath of fresh air on a sunny day of spring, Lee So-Won appeared in Min-Jeeโ€™s life, giving no warning. Awkwardness took over Min-Jeeโ€™s body. She wasnโ€™t really the type to introduce herself to new people as she knew well that what for her seemed like a small talk for everyone around her was just dry and emotionless responses on her part.

It was pretty obvious that their conversation between two people that were as different as the sun and moon was just going to be a complete failure and despite the sweet demeanor of So-Won and all her effort; she put to build a relationship was just crumbling because of Min-Jeeโ€™s awkwardness. โ€œOh, so youโ€™re older! May I speakโ€”โ€ So-Won started saying but stopped in the middle of her sentence, probably thinking that she would annoy Min-Jee.

The awkwardness was becoming obvious between the two. Maybe it was time for Min-Jee to put some effort into this conversation.
โ€œYou can call me un...โ€
the girl started mumbling after an uncomfortable silence between the two girls, but when she started speaking So-Won had already moved on to talk to someone else at least she could say she tried, right?

Feeling embarrassed at the failure that was that conversation; the girl set her attention elsewhere as she ignored the XY chromosome specimen that entered with a slight cockiness that made Min-Jee annoyed just by knowing that he was there. Maybe if she concentrated enough; she could block him from his life and pretend that he didnโ€™t exist but just like everything that wasnโ€™t going according to what Min-Jee expected, the guy tap her shoulder talking to her with easiness as if they were some kind of best friends.

Turning back to face him, the girl glared at him with annoyance.
โ€œSeo Min-Jee, twenty-two, graphic design. Not interested in idle chit-chat, so I have saved both of us from continuing this conversation any longer. If you have nothing else to add, letโ€™s end it here and have a nice day.โ€

mood: ugh men
tags: Uxie Uxie sox sox
coded by Stardust Galaxy

S.Y.

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

the walters

I love you so

Heavy are the eyes that cannot afford sleep, a picture more corpse-like than alive. And isnโ€™t that what Yoon-ah is? A corpse? Sluggish, she feltโ€” if not totally betrayed by gravity then at least bullied by it, as it began working over time, drawing her both mentally and emotionally to her bed, battling her weak attempts at wakefulness. Maybe this was how she was supposed to go- anxious and alone, sore at the well, everywhere really. She winced, those long nights at the lab were starting to take a toll on her, evident in the way the nerves pinched at the nape of her neck, back and knees. How was it that she was only 20 and yet bore the aging pains of an elderly man? Was she cursed? She lurched forward. Apparently so.

It was 9:45 and the clock was ticking, the stakes were high as Yoon-ah rode her bike like a prized stallion, wisps of tawny hair escaping her thick helmet and coursing through the wind. Like crazy her knees bobbed; up then down and down then up, reaching a speed she didnโ€™t even know she was capable of until then, especially on her bicycle which she was always exceptionally careful. But all of that caution and precaution was gone and for a moment, she felt magnificent, the symbol of rebellion as she, Shin Yoon-ah who was always good and kind, who always did as she was told, danced with the current of the winds, with very the paths she wove. But unfortunately, that moment was short-lived. Lasted only about a solid 15 seconds as her eyes shot wide open, and a shriek of fear burst through her lips. And, as if interrupting her movie-esque scene, a car that looked like she could only afford it her dreams barged through, very narrowly missing her. Very, very narrowly.

The student swerved uncontrollably, nearly flying off of her comically smaller (but 100% more environmentally-friendly mind you) mode of transportation.
โ€œHEY YOU-YOU.. BUTTHEAD!โ€
she shouted too late after the stranger, hardly hearing herself over the thumping of her own heart. A reminder that she was somehow, through her carelessness, still alive. That was close. Too close.

Even thinking about it now Yoon-ah is still shaken; taken aback on how she may have almost died and how it may have been her fault. Was it? She couldnโ€™t remember, not when she had a class to attend. Love 101, an introduction to all things romance and
romance-related. Something she both needed and wanted ever since her sudden breakup with Min-ho. A boy who in her eyes, could do no wrong, who was like the Adonis to her Aphrodite and whom she grieved tirelessly over ever since that cold December night. The night where her world ended with him standing before her, awkwardly telling her that he, as an electoral candidate and sports player, no longer had the time (or the interest) for their relationship. Though sheโ€™d since decided that she- Shin Yoon-ah was going to win him back; some way, somehow, she simply was. She simply had to

Filing into the spacious classroom, Yoon-ah looked something like a lost puppy: nervous, panting and slightly disheveled she- for the sake of getting out of the way- simply plopped down into a nearby uninhabited seat. Trying her best to calm her heart rate and her breathing, at the very least she could say she was on time and alive, even if barely.
Brown eyes surveyed the room. The population was sparse, really only consisting of her and a few handfuls of other students who seemed either familiar or not, hardly an in-between. Yoon-ah contemplated sitting beside a more approachable face but relented, she didnโ€™t want to disturb anybody, she wouldnโ€™t even think of it! It was hard enough being a student but being a student while being annoyed by another student was a whole different ball game. With a soft sigh the woman dipped her hand into her backpack and pulled out a pale notebook, quickly flipped it open and neatly jotted down the date & lesson number in the margins. Both extremely excited and curious for the contents to come. Sitting back, she began skillfully twirling her pen in her hand, something sheโ€™d gotten really good at ever since her workload began to double and social lifeโ€ฆ she didnโ€™t want to talk about it. Had she finished Sooyoungโ€™s paper? The poor thing seemed to be falling more and more ill lately and Yoon-ah made a mental note to bring her some dak gomtang and a fluffy blanket. What about AJโ€™s? Iseulโ€™s?

An entanglement of thoughts and Yoon-ah had become distracted, pulled away from reality and into her own small little world, one she always found herself coming back to.

โ€œ-hey, i'm lee so-won! Whatโ€™s your name?โ€

Yoon-ah nearly choked in surprise, both caught unawares and not used to someone approaching her so energetically, without some sort of chore or ill- intention. She stilled, as if processing what this lady- Lee So-won who seemed both too excited and too nervous at the same time- had said.
โ€œOh uhโ€ฆโ€ Yoon-ah started quietly โ€œShin Yoon-ahโ€ She replied bashfully. She cleared her throat. โ€œYoon-ahโ€ she affirmed more loudly, a shy, gentle smile on her face. But in her head it couldnโ€™t have been any more different. Sirens were going off, bells were whistling and every embarrassing social interaction to ever exist began replaying and all she could think was: Be. Cool. Be cool, thatโ€™s all she needed to do right? Pretend like this whole interaction was no big deal (which to most people it wasnโ€™t) and remain uncaring, like that lady nearby. What was it again? Min-jee? Woah, was she a badass.

Her gaze flickered back over to the sweet girl before her โ€œItโ€™s nice to meet youโ€ she added โ€œWhat year are you in?โ€

In the background was a flurry of movement, something she tried hard to both ignore and talk over with what soft spoken voice sheโ€™d been cursed with. One sweaty athletic guy, a poor timid-looking fellow and- Oh No. Jeon In-Su. The colour in her face drained. Sheโ€™d heard a plethora of things from, if not every girl than at least the ones sheโ€™d been eavesdropping ahem conversing with, the ones who took to deserted bathrooms and their cold walls for warnings. Was this the phantom that roamed their lovely little campus? That preyed on innocent hearts? Yoon-ah fell quiet as he began talking to her brief acquaintance, both out of fear and out of anger. She would not let him get to her. Not now and not ever.

Returning her attention to the front of the class, Yoon-ah fiddled absent-mindedly, fingers knotting and de-knotting, eagerly awaiting their lesson. She watched as a few latecomers rolled in, all as well-dressed as the rest, all well-kept and polished. And for this she felt a little self-conscious, having not had the time to fix whatever mess the previous journey had made of her, all stray hairs and disheveled clothes. She shrunk in her chair, hoping that no one would notice, though thankfully their attention seemed to be elsewhere.

A tall figure, warm like the sun and as handsome as the paintings emerged, a figure that looked a lot like the one that almost ran her over. Him.

Traffic issues her buttocks! Yoon-ah narrowed her eyes, partly wondering just where this man had gotten all this audacity and partly hoping that he would get in some sort of trouble. Was she wrong for that? Nahhh.

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

Last edited:

good morning...

the class was getting noisy as more filed in, and the girl seemed terribly timid. she was thankful she could hear her amidst the random chatters and shoutsโ€” who knew there was someone with that similar of a name in this class, too? ooh, she felt a sneeze comingโ€” but still, she leaned forward, just to make sure none of her words would be eaten by the noise of the atmosphere.

"shin yoon-ah. it's nice to meet you, what year are you in?" yes! reciprocated conversation! she'd already made it further than with min-jee! her smile grew with her glee, barely registering the figure that slipped past herโ€” that was until he spoke. to her?

"hey, you look really familiar!"

so-won turned, confused, and her eyes widened in recognition as soon as her gaze set upon his face. "did we chat after a festival or something last year?"

they had; given name in-su, family name jung or jeon or something of the like, and he was burned into her memory as yet another one of the fleeting crushes that had been so close but so far, except this one had been characterised so coldly with an abandoned, lonesome yellow chat bubble. she'd been ghosted after a friendly invitation to get bubble teaโ€” which by the drink in his hand, he still adoredโ€” and sure, she'd been fine then, but for him to come up to her like they were old friends?

the equivalent of giving a hard uppercut to her innocent ego.

she could still pretend she didn't know him, con him into believing he'd thought wrong, and it would be all the better if he felt embarrassed that he'd opened with an overused pick-up line at a class called love 101โ€”

"no way, we definitely did! so-won, right? you totally hustled me in billiards at that one concert afterparty last year!" his words, something she'd giggle at from literally anyone else, felt only like a taunt when it came from his mouth. argh! argh! "hell yeah, it's so nice that i know some people in this class. mind if i sit here?"

"whatโ€” no, i mean yesโ€”"
her words stumbled over themselves and she watched helplessly as he flopped into the seat. her flustered expression quickly gave way to a deadpan glare, one that she fixed on him for a few brief seconds.

whatever!

her head whipped back sharply, scowl still sat upon her lips. out of the corner of her eye, she could see (and hear, in his irritatingly cheery voice) in-su begin his own conversation with min-jee, and with how reticent the older girl had been with her when they had spoken just moments ago... so-won was worried how she would fare.

"if you have nothing else to add, letโ€™s end it here and have a nice day."

oh, my! she was so cool. that was crazy. admiration bubbled within her, a smile finally replacing the grimace that had taken hold of her features ever since that son of a badger had shown up, and it was with that renewed brightness that she finally settled her attention back on the girl in front of her.

"so, your name is yoon-ah? that's really pretty..."
she began, her words trailing off when she found that the girl had turned back around. her smile fell, in its place a slightly down-turned pout as her fingers twiddled on her desk. darn it. sure, the teacher had just begun to speak and she'd probably need to shut up, but she couldn't just leave it like this! she just needed an openerโ€”

and he came, in the form of a random latecomer who looked vaguely familiar; appearing with a deep bow and a most generic excuse. a rather conspicuous way of entering when you were late, one that drew hers, but more importantly, yoon-ah's attention to him. so-won's gaze flitted to her friend-hopeful, catching just a glimpse of what seemed like recognition in her eyes.

thus, in a hushed whisper, she asked,
"oh, do you know him? a friend?"

sour grapes

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

you win some, you lose some!
jeon in-su.
โ€œseo min-jee, twenty-two, graphic design. not interested in idle chit-chat, so i have saved both of us from continuing this conversation any longer. if you have nothing else to add, letโ€™s end it here and have a nice day.โ€

mildly taken-aback, in-su's eyes widened in surprise at the aggression his introduction was met with from the seemingly shy girl with a glowing baby face yet whose tongue cut like a whip without a moment's hesitation. between so-won and min-jee's similarly pinched, searing glares and the third girl seated beside them who stared at him silently through furrowed brows as though she'd just bore witness to an unsightly home invasion, he seemed to have found himself in a rather hostile environment.

'damn. tough crowd.'

in-su belatedly thought back to the start of their conversationโ€” if it could even be considered thatโ€” and mulled over the possible reasons for their unbridled callousness. had he said anything particularly offensive without thinking? did he give off some creepy vibes with his usual level of exuberance? or maybe one of them had a headache and he was just being too loud?

the notion that they might be inherently mean-spirited people did not even cross in-su's optimistic mind, though the conclusion he did come to at the end of that train of thought discarded all the previous suggestionsโ€” he was beginning to think that maybe his reputation just preceded him too thoroughly, thus the cold treatment from a group of people he'd been barely acquainted with, if at all.

such pre-formed judgment was not unfamiliar to the bubbly cassanova, who'd at one point been despised by many of his now closest friends, yet befuddled him all the same. throughout all the years he'd spent getting to know countless people from all walks of life, he'd never once met a single one-dimensional soul; even the toughest shells hid countless layers underneath their bulletproof exteriors, sensitivities and desires hidden away from the prying eyes of the self-righteous audiences surrounding them like a pack of wolves.

even from a young age, in-su had never been able to stay complacent in such situations. the crushing expectations that came with the school system sucked the life out of everyone equally, without discriminationโ€” if they didn't vouch for each other now and build a support system among their peers, wouldn't they all be worn down to their last threads in the end, with no one to reach out to for help? the desolate image saddened him to even think about.

still, in-su was not so easily affected by words; after all, he did not mind being the target of such weighty stares himself. if they felt some type of way about him without getting to know him, made up their minds about him based on sheer gossip, then that spoke volumes on its own and was frankly none of his business. all he could do was continue to be himself without shame and hope they warmed up to him at some point.

well, no harm, no foul. 'i'm sure they have their reasons. they don't owe me anything.' he'd try again another time.

"oh, sure," in-su relented, tone far softer than the usual chipper octave now that the professor had begun shifting into position to set the class into motion. "min-jee's a pretty name! if i can help with anything in the future, just let me know. sorry for bothering you." he offered her an apologetic smile despite the glare and leaned back in his chair so as not to crowd her space any longer. the three girls seemed perfectly content to ignore him and chat amongst each other, anyways, an observation which amused him far more than it ruffled his feathers.

in his peripheral vision, the actuarial science major witnessed the boba he'd handed to nara getting snatched away by a rather sweaty individual. his brow furrowed in displeasure, but nara didn't seem to be in any imminent danger, so he opted to make banter with the few other people sitting behind him instead of stepping in, exchanging kakao id's and generally shooting the shit until the professor began her introductory spiel.

all well and good, par for the course for syllabus weekโ€” that was, until a familiar, handsome face popped into the room without warning and interrupted the speech with a ninety-degree bow and a bashful smile.

euntae's very-believable, very-valid excuse was the final straw for in-su, who instantly turned to hide his face behind the fist he'd been previously leaning his cheek on, subtley shaking from trying his absolute hardest to keep the laughter from spilling out.

something about watching his luxurious, pompous friend not only show up to a class called 'love 101', but also be hilariously late to said class in the least suave way possible, tickled in-su's heart in just the right spot. it was at times like this that he was reminded that despite eun-tae's vast wealth, the younger man could at times be no less endearingly clumsy than the rest of them.

"cute," he cooed under his breath through the silent giggles, earning a snort from a boy to his right that he'd previously been chatting with before class began.

in-su's eyes gleamed at the prospect of another friendly face caving and taking this class. they'd discussed it amongst themselves before, sure, but at the time he had been certain the marketing major would be a no-show. he patted the unoccupied desk to his left with a beaming smile, inviting eun-tae to pop a squat next to him so as to spare him the pain of scanning for an open seat while everyone collectively stared.

in lieu of a verbal greeting so as not to get chastised by the professor any further, in-su placed his boba cup onto the open desk to share with his buddy without a second thought and sneakily shot him a series of kakaotalks from the phone in his lap:

[@susundubu] hey big oaf !!!!!!!!!!
[@susundubu] traffic issues my ass !!!!!
[@susundubu] i bet you ran over someone !!! kkk
[@susundubu] im not testifying for you in court kkkkk

coded by reveriee.

Last edited:
han euntae
PRAGMA
as expected, all attention locked onto him the moment his delayed arrival disturbed the flow of introduction; he could feel the gazes sticking to his bowed figure like moths to a flame. itโ€™s a feeling he takes in stride, long being used to stares that hold depths of emotions โ€“ may it be complimentary or not โ€“ and he greets the class with a smile easy and bright, because itโ€™s easier to weave adoration from the beginning than it is to untangle knots twisted by unpleasant first impressions.

his personal philosophy has always been to chase the lights he can catch rather than focusing on the dark that exists; smoothing over a few wrinkles that may have occurred due to his tardiness shouldnโ€™t be difficult. and if a smile is not enough, then there is always the art of gifts. i mean, who is going to stay mad at a person bearing free iced coffee and pastries? not that he has those right now,, but hey! next week he will !

eyes of his own scan the filled classroom and among the sea of faces there are some he can grasp flashes of in memories hazy and jumbled. they could be figures he might have come across while traversing the many halls of university or briefly drunk features of while getting drunk under neon lights. names escape him and euntae easily let those vague images of semi-recognition go, instead favoring the ones he can fully recognize. like that one who is currently looking at him like he has run her over-

oh.

it takes a moment for the thought to connect with the correct memory; that fast but heart-racing inducing moment slowly being reconstructed in the mind, but now with a face of similar scowls. at first, a relief sweeps over him, euntae being, believe it or not, happy that the bike girl was okay despite their close to crash encounter. well, physically okay โ€“ he doesnโ€™t know about the mental part judging from the way she was looking at him. but just as relief flows through him, another sense follows, one that feels akin to meeting mistakes already gone and buried; it is when a mere moment of whoopsy-daisy, which had already been tossed into the void oblivion, climbs its way back and punches you in the gut. is it unease he feels, in finding her in the same class? or guilt?

whatever it is, euntae doesnโ€™t have time to dwell on it, time not being patient or kind for those already late, and he quickly compartmentalizes it into a deal-with-it-later box. he will make it up somehow anyway โ€“ maybe buy her an extra pastry as peace offering; or a giftcard to the meerkat cafe. girls love small animals, right?

his gaze quickly moves on, before landing on a face he is equally surprised as happy to see. he remembers some chats between them about joining love class, though it was definitely meant as a joke back then, but being here with him is certainly unexpected. guess the joke is kind of on them now, huh. well, who better to have to keep this class interesting than in-su! eun-tae canโ€™t help but be curious, after all, what reasons pulled his friend into this class in the end. if anyone has to fight off the ladies all swarming around him, it would be insuโ€™s handsome ass. but all of that is a question for later; now, euntae hurriedly welcomes the spot next to his friend, quickly plopping down and shooting him a thankful grin.

his gaze then turns back to the teacher, though only for a short while, before being drawn back to his phone, the kakaotalk notifications catching his eye. skimming over the messages, his mouth falls open. what the heck !! why is that the first thing in-su thinks of?? itโ€™s not like he drives people over on a regular basis. that grandpa accident happened once! and he is now living his best life in the best senior care-taking facility in korea mind you.

euntae levels in-su a mock glare, before typing back:

[@euntaetae] i did not !!!

[@euntaetae] ok maybe almost โ€ฆ

[@euntaetae] but in my defense, who even uses bikes as transportation nowadays?

[@euntaetae] do u think she is too poor for a car?

[@euntaetae] maybe i should gift her one? do u think i should gift her one? turns out she is in this class so i have to do it soon.

[@euntaetae] also can u look if sheโ€™s still glaring at me. i feel like she is.

mood: whoops, again?
tags: susu sox sox
coded by Stardust Galaxy

seo min-jee
PHILAUTIA
Min-Jee knew that her words may have been harsh than she expected. It was pretty obvious by the surprised look on Insuโ€™s face at what could be called her introduction. Perhaps the guy didnโ€™t deserve that kind of treatment. He wasnโ€™t her ex, but still; he was a guy one that she was sure would only play with a girlโ€™s feelings and just joined the class to take advantage of the hopeless souls that were still in their bubble about finding true love. But Min-Jee was different. She would not let herself be caught in the webs of Insuโ€™s true intentions that were hiding behind that easy-going smile and a boba tea.

Okay, maybe she was being too dramatic right now; but it resulted from her terrible day that could have been avoided if she didnโ€™t mess up with her schedule and now was letting her annoyance run towards everyone around her when in reality all of this happened because of her.

And while Min-Jee was having her second, maybe even third, existential crisis caused by this class; the professor started the lecture as he gave a discourse about the different love and their meaning of it, or so she recalls; as his words were just empty ones for Min-Jee. Sure, the girl wasnโ€™t too thrilled about joining or discovering the wonders of love; but one thing that was sure was that she wouldnโ€™t fail this class. She still had a grade point average to maintain and this class would be the cause for her drop in grade. So if she had to sit through a lesson about finding love, so be it.

"Long before you fall in love, you and your partner meet for the very first time. In the earliest stages of love; partners experience the fluttering feeling of curiosity in your first moments together. You hear your partnerโ€™s voice; you see their smiles and you get butterflies in your stomach. Early on, you donโ€™t know how you feel about each other, yet all you know is that his person feels special." The professor started explaining, but as he continued, it just made Min-jee feel sick to her stomach. Was this going to be cheesy all the time?

Min-Jee thought it couldnโ€™t get worse, she just needed to survive the lecture, and then she would be free or thatโ€™s what she thought until the professor announced that if they were on curiosity, they would have a speed dating session between all the classmates with the purpose of experience one of the first stage of love. The thought of having a conversation with all the guys in this class just make her feel sick. Maybe failing the class didnโ€™t sound that bad.

mood: failing doesn't sound that bad
tags:
coded by Stardust Galaxy

mood nervous, unsure

location class

outfit here

mentions Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy

tag n/a

Min, Nara

Nara's eyes followed the Professor as they paced back and forth at the front of the classroom. The beginning of the lecture was odd--not something he was used to hearing when first beginning other classes. What usually started with an introduction into the basics of chemistry, a breakdown of the texts they would be analyzing that semester or an overview of topics, instead began with an introduction to--well, love.

He sat back a bit in his chair, letting the thought that the professor outlined process slowly in his mind. In a way, it was true. In every romance novel that he had studied in the past, there was that significant chapter when the two not yet lovers met. The spark. Love at first sight. Even something as basic as curiosity that ventured further than what was expected when meeting a stranger. No one started off from the jump as lovers, that was for sure. His mind began to wander as he thought back to his semester on Romeo and Juliet. They had spent several classes going over the ballroom scene and the significance of the pair meeting for the first time. Was that the beginning of love? The blueprint for what it was meant to be? Nara swallowed hard at the realization that he didn't remember meeting Ari. They were children when first meeting, incapable of the so called "butterflies" and curiosity that led to a live or die love like Romeo and Juliet. They simply had always been apart of each other's lives. Nara cleared his throat and instead focused on the list of paired up names the Professor listed out while an ambient chatter filled the room.

Speed dating, huh? What was this supposed to achieve? Were they supposed to flirt or something? He begrudgingly rose from his seat and over to a table with his designated number, which was really just a hastily scribbled marking on a piece of ripped up paper the Professor had spread out with no real method. Why did this class fill him with so much dread? This 'speed dating' was really just another form of an ice breaker, but with the idea of love and romance thickly lining the back of it, it made Nara lose any sense of coherency to his thoughts.

The pen in his hand bounced rapidly against his fingers, a nervous tick that Nara had a hard time kicking. His gaze rose up to take in the figure of the woman who was assigned his partner, smiling cordially as she sat down. The woman had delicate features that were hardened into a look of severity. He had caught a glimpse of Susu trying to flirt with her earlier, as he always did with pretty women, his spine prickling once he made contact with intimidating, serious look in her eyes. He could already imagine the harsh words that were used to cut the flirt down to size.

"Nara," He said, pausing his nervous fiddling with the pen in his hand in order to outstretch it in a greeting. "It's nice to meet you." An easy going smile softened Nara's features, disguising the electric nerves that zipped through his body.

ยฉ weldherwings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back