• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Loudwater, USA (Reboot) - A Paranormal Roleplay

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Marion Faucher
Interactions: Birdsie Birdsie BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop

Ben’s shout snapped Marion out of his stupor and he runs over to the barrel. He ponders for a bit, the sheet music managed to make itself more complete. How was that possible? Well he’ll think on that after he deals with this dilemma in front of him. At this point conventional disposal won’t harm it but he can probably lock it away until he figures out a more permanent solution. It also would be a wonderful opportunity to study how it managed to creep towards completion. Also what would happen if the song did reach that point? Marion was deeply curious about that, what performance it would be. This song is an aggressive one, one that would be played during times of action. Something to get people blood rushing, Marion doesn’t doubt that it would drive people into a frenzy. Thankfully it doesn’t have the power to do that at this stage of completion. But he doesn’t know if it will take another step on its own.

Marion pulls out his phone and dials a number quickly, as usual of Gerald it only takes one ring before it’s answered. Not waiting for Gerald’s greeting he says, “Gerald, I need you quickly. Bring a 1m x 1m soundproof box and a welding torch, possibly some cable ties as well.”

“Of course, Conductor.” Marion ends the call and thinks of plan to stall the music until Gerald arrives. There isn’t much he can do without effecting the other people in the store. Perhaps he than tie the barrel shut and wait it out? His thoughts of plans were cut short when the music shifts once more.

Another step has been taken.

Marion freezes, at this point the music would start to cause hallucinations of things that would make people angry. It would bring up blood boiling memories and increase aggression. He looks to the others and says in a hurried voice, “I need to leave and get out of earshot. I’m going sing something that you shouldn’t listen to if you value your safety.”

He was going to sing a lullaby, a sweet and calming song. It was one of his earlier completed works and when he performed it to the audience they were sung to sleep. The song was so calming that is stopped their hearts, leaving them in an eternal sleep. In fact it almost put his musicians to sleep. This song even if performing a solo version should counter the aggression of the incomplete piece and calm it long enough for Gerald to get here.

Last edited:
Jasper Allard
Mood: Controlled Panic
Interactions: A surprisingly reliable conductor ( PyroMonomania PyroMonomania ), a surprisingly reliable witness ( BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop )

With more than an iota of luck, they managed to lock the barrel. As Jasper was about to suggest rolling it down into the basement, however, Marion suggested to sing a calming tune to the barrel instead. Jasper nodded determinedly - he didn't need more than that.

"Let's go," he said, helping Ben stand up with one hand, before pulling him in the direction of the exit. On the way out, Jasper picked up Ben's pack of chips and handed it to him, before closing the door and breathing out.

"Well, that was close," he said, as they reached the outside.

He'd leave the clean-up of the incident to the person responsible for it. Or, well, perhaps blaming Marion was too much. It's not like he meant for the paper to get lost, and while Jasper was cynical, he was much eager to blame the thrice-damned gas station for everything that happened today. Where human beings had a tendency to take things from 'oh, that is kind of bad' to 'oh shit, run!' the gas station seemed to take matters from 'calm day' to 'apocalypse' without being prompted. He'd learned this lesson after many bitter hours.

Either way, it would be better to leave the freaky event to the freak. As agreeable as the conductor might have been - Jasper was even considering visiting a performance, though he'd never admit it - he oozed the same kind of eldritch strangeness the station did, on some of its worst days.

Mood:
Anxious and scared
Interactions: None
Mentions: None

girl-with-red-hair-drawing-60.jpg

Elia finished putting her things in her bag but as she stood an overwhelming sense of anxiety washed over her. Something felt off, but she couldn't quite place what it was. An eerie chill enveloped her and caused her to shiver. She tried to look as casual as possible as she turned and scoped out the library, everything seemed normal, but the feeling would not ebb. She collected herself and took a deep breath before walking through the aisles of books. She passed row after row but nothing stood out to her. She began to walk faster, almost jogging through the labyrinth of literature. She rounded the corner of the last set of shelves and felt herself finally relax, the feeling was gone, but there was no way to tell what caused it.

'Am I going crazy? What is wrong with me? ' She straightened up and adjusted the bag on her shoulder, 'I probably look insane right now,' She shook her head at her foolishness and made her way toward the exit of the library.

“Aw, you got me,” pouted Silas, reaching around to tousle the back of his dark hair. He stood still for a moment to think, catty green eyes clouding over in contemplation. In light of recent events, most specifically the arrival of a rather clueless bystander, Silas had decided to tread as cautiously as he could. Typically he could blunder through conversations with good ol’ Greene through a blend of his word-vomit and Theodore’s patient nature -- but his quirks are hit or miss and tend not to sit well with more sheltered folks. Theodore had an aura of maturity and wisdom, not particularly for life or society, but of something more obscure. Silas believed they had common ground someplace within the supernatural, but he’d yet to broach the subject. Now didn’t seem like the best time. “I know you said ‘no’ last time, but I’d still like to have a look at those old books. I promise I’ll be good. I’ll even dress up in bubble wrap!”

As Theodore meandered through stamping, Silas spun on his heel to toss his slushy into the garbage pail next to the desk. Thankfully, it did little more than sink straight to the bottom, sparing the area of any future stickiness. You’d do a terrible disservice to poor Silas to label him as messy -- unaware is a much better word for it. Or one could simply choose to call him an idiot overall, and would be hard-pressed to find an argument. Silas Davian himself would regard the thought with acquiescence.

He dipped in and out of Theodore’s dad-speech, familiar with and constantly embarrassed by his spiel. He’d easily come in and renew his findings were it not for his short attention span and faulty memory. Most of the time, the books sat in neat piles on his desk, crawling hours overdue as Silas snooped around Loudwater or in some way or another damaged his bicycle. (That little yellow trooper was yet another money sink; frequently wobbling into Joe’s Garage like Silas though it was worth his time.)

The cover of the final book thumped shut, and like the soft sound was a full stop, Silas’ train of thought screeched to a halt.

Sixty bucks for books that should have cost nothing.

Shame lit off in Silas' chest. He jammed his hands into his coat pockets to hide just how quickly they balled up into anxious fists. "S -- s-sixty dollars. Wow." He clicked his tongue. "I'm sorry, Greene. I - I'll pay it. Just not this week." A sobering thought. Between rent, commodities, a phone plan, and keeping the website running, Silas runs on an embarrassingly low amount of money per month. So little, in fact, that he has to carefully budget almost every thought to the extent that simply forgetting some library books for a few days is a huge blow. He detected a familiar sinking feeling in his stomach.

After a moment saved for some self-critical contemplation, Silas carefully wiped his expression clean. Recently, he'd become well-acquainted with feigned indifference. He forced a grin. "I’m gonna be super on top of it next time, I swear. Pinky promise!”

- SILAS DAVIAN.

at Loudwater Public Library | feeling tense | with Theodore
Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

4f6a5e4427f15d19c9a836e225ef57d1.jpgTheodore Green
Mood: Sleepy
Interactions: PJ-Flash PJ-Flash
Mentions: PJ-Flash PJ-Flash

Teddy sighed and leaned over to clean the thick lenses on his round-eye glasses. He needed them, of course. Who would have guessed that the librarian of all people was blind as a bat without his glasses. But just before Silas could zip over to the city archives, Theo grabbed the local troublemaker by the wrist, only to tug him backwards. And the look. That one look that teachers can make that show you the seriousness of the situation you're in.

"Silas, I want you to know that I paid for your debt here. It's fine. I know you're tight on money, and it can never be easy for students to get through life, especially when they're on their own. But please, for the love of God, just remember to renew your books." The librarian begged with a smile, all before letting go and letting the gas station clerk scamper off to who knows where. He loved the boy, not exactly like a son, but like a really close friend. And if paying for that debt one last time helped, it was worth it.

Now that his destination was empty, he went for his mug, and gagged as he spit out his drink. It had gone lukewarm, absolutely disgusting. He'd have to dump it put later. For now, a nap sounded like the best medicine.

Benjamin Lacour
Interactions/ Mentions: Birdsie Birdsie PyroMonomania PyroMonomania

Before Ben had a chance to do much else he felt the helpful yet forceful tug of Jasper beckoning him to his feet. Without another thought he ran with the clerk back outside. His breath came in ragged gasps as they stalled just outside of the building. He certainly wasn't the epitome of health, but Ben was content to suffer without much oxygen than to stay another second in that damned place. Accepting his chips, realization struck that he wasn't very hungry now.

Glancing at Jasper he started, "So. That was a thing. Should we... you know. Go back and...?" He pointed back inside, where their savior still resided with the cursed pages. Part of him wanted to help the conductor. After all, that was his thing wasn't it? Helping people? Ben understood that this was just his need to please others fighting with his much more basic need to get the hell out of there and save himself. Yet he stayed, wandering what Jasper was planning on doing. He barely knew these two, yet he already felt an obligation to clean up the mess he had happened upon.
Now more than ever he craved just a drop of whiskey. At this point any mind numbing substance sounded pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back