• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Lottery Winner (MxF)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
In the Summer of 2021 a young man (age 20) won a VERY large Powerball jackpot. The jackpot had been at 1.765 billion dollars and he had the Powerplay option. The Power Play hit the 5x. In that instant the young man became 8.825 billion dollars richer than he had ever been. Oh, sure he was going to end up paying taxes - a LOT of taxes - but that still left a LOT. As they say a fool and his money are soon parted…

He had no car, no permanent address, and no passport. (He lived in a dorm at UNM.) But he has already begun to up his game. He has new clothes, a haircut, a limo and driver.

Our young man is a geek and as a hobby a musician. He’s tall, really tall, standing a solid 6’7” with dark black hair and blue eyes with an extremely athletic build. He played soccer in his youth, but when he was almost 16 he suffered severe injuries to his left side that prevented him from any chances of making a career out of sports. (Walks with a limp and wears a fingerless glove on his left hand.) His interests are in Physics and Chemistry first, with hobbies in just about everything else that isn’t biology or medical. He’s an avid science fiction fan. (He is a published author - under a pseudonym, which is how he was paying for college.)

++++++

Enter our young lady. She’s poor or average income. And I will stop there. She might be street smart - or not. She should be vastly more sociable than our young man. She’s … normal - if there really is such a thing. Maybe she is an undiscovered genius. But she grew up in an environment where she learned to work with people - real people.

Why she is poor … is up to you. Maybe she had to drop out of school to take care of her kid brother and had to take whatever jobs she could find. Maybe she was trailer trash. Maybe she ran away and has lived on the street. Maybe she came from a rich family as was disowned. But it is up to you.

What I do NOT want is a shy timid mouse or someone with agoraphobia. I want someone who wants to see the world, has dreams, stuff like that.

+++++++

How our characters will meet will depend on the lady’s background and recent history. Our young man can travel a bit. It DOES need start within the continental USA. (No passport yet and he starts in Albuquerque, NM. He doesn’t even have a driver’s license. But a limo or public transportation can get him wherever he needs to go. I am thinking a good place to start would be Las Vegas. In fact, I’ll have him staying in the Marcus Aurelius Villa at Caesars Palace. (It has a private elevator.)

They can meet out on the town though. He does like to eat at various locations - different international foods. For breakfast though he tends to pick a good diner with great atmosphere. He doesn’t really gamble. He’ll likely see the sites. The good news is that he has only just arrived at the start of the RP - maybe a day or so into his stay.

++++++++

The RP is to be Detailed / Advanced for post quality. I am looking for someone who can post 3-5 times a week, if not daily. I prefer someone not subject to the rigors of academia if that is going to prove to be an issue for them. Let me know which you prefer - forum or PM’s. A CS will be needed. No special requirements for the format except please no animated gifs for the pic. Yes a good pic is needed.

EDIT: So far none of the characters submitted have been a reasonable fit and were turned down. Most hit my character's dislikes on at least 2 major points.

He is a clean cut young man, a former military brat. He lost a mother and brother to a gang. His brother's death was probably over a matter of drugs. And my character holds security clearances. My character is not going to have anything to do with anyone that gives off the vibe of being involved in any of these things.

Last edited:
Re-bumping. Note: I did a short edit above. I recommend having a character ready before you ask or by the time you submit one, someone else may beat you to the punch. I have had too many people make contact, say they will work on a character, and never get back to me, so I no longer wait. You snooze, you lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back