Lots of Food, Inexpertly Prepared!

Uncle ShortyB

Oh noooooooooo
As much as I talk about the rigors of culinary school life and all the annoyances that come with it, I realized I haven't really posted any pictures. Well, if there's any sort of interest in what exactly it is I DO all day, here's a few pictures about what my classmates and I do. There's more pictures, of course, but these are the best ones (i.e., the ones without people flicking off the camera or me making dumb faces near the food).

F0wfzqI.jpg

Sauteed chicken with a red pepper sauce, spinach au gratin, and rice pilaf. I had to double check the menu from that week because we cook a lot of stuff.

d31cr3u.jpg

Closeup of a baguette we made the other week! It was delicious.

oRNVpDH.jpg

A cookie, cheesecake, and I want to say that is a peach sauce of some sort but I don't really remember.

6St9OmJ.jpg

A stuffed pork loin, calabacitas, and a twice-baked sweet potato with candied pecans. The potato was the best part, if you ask me.

JK7t6ua.jpg

A pear tart with handmade puff pastry, and a raspberry sauce with a name that just totally escapes me.

b1Osdeq.jpg

This is a soy-ginger marinated salmon steak with pineapple and papaya salsa, polenta, and broccoli almondine. The only things I really cared for were the salmon and the salsa.

3GlmgAH.jpg

This is a bit of an oddity. It's a greek style pizza with pesto sauce, mozzarella and feta cheese, caramelized red onions, kalamata olives and tomato slices. It was pretty damn good, but the crust puffed up a bit too much.

And with that, I'm off to the kitchen. I managed to make myself hungry.

Amazing. I am truly envious of you. I wish I had some kind of tangible talent like that. I really do. To create something beautiful with your hands and expertise, out if seemingly thin air, I am in awe. You should be proud of what you do Shorty! Some people would kill to have the opportunity to hone an art like that. A tangible and edible one no less.

I wish you'd make me the 1st dish and mail it to my house. Triple portions of that spinach au gratin. The pizza definitely looks like a fun one to try, haha. Was there enough cheese on that one? Either I'm blind, or it looks like all the Mozarella and Feta got thrown into the middle.

Thank you for sharing. It'd be cool to check out any pastries you all make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back