• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lost

Johnathan showers as the evening sets in and the warm day cools down a bit. He dons a pair of gym shorts and a white tank top. Getting in his car, he turns the key and it roars to life. He needed to go to town to get groceries.

By now he was used to the looks, and his hearing picked up everything if he wanted it to. At first he listened as people stared blatantly in disgust at him, whispering about how Freya was back and how he needed to leave "the poor girl alone..." and that "the girl has suffered enough to be roped in by such a trashy influence." Finally, he put his headphones in as he continued walking through Fleisher's Market. He grabbed simple foods, food for a bachelor, some beer and whiskey. Even the person that took his money at the check stand did not speak to him.

He made it home, parked his car in the garage. He flopped down on his front porch opening a bottle of Budweiser seeing she had not made it home yet.

Freya sighed as she got into her car. She had wanted to make sure that everything was in order, but Mrs. Karver was admit about her staying away from Johnathan she felt like there was something that was being hidden from her. As she started towards the house she thought of everything that has happened in just these last two days. And none of those thoughts came to the conclusions of him being a bad person.

She sighed, when she got home. She didn't even think of looking around, she just sat in the car thinking about why she was here. So far she had known his initials and his face, when she had been there before. She smiled to herself, thinking about the picture that now hung in the clear view of the door. As soon as she walked through the door, she would see it. The thought excited her and she wondered had she always been so happy just to visit. Had she visit her grandparents to see them, or to be around him? She stayed in the car a bet longer trying to recall what she had lost even for a moment.

The sky was dark as he saw her car pull in, break lights lighting up her driveway. He watched her, taking a long drink. He watched her sitting in her car for quite some time. He wondered if she was okay. His eyes were a bit florescent in the darkness of the night.

He hopped over the railing with grace and ease. He knocked on her car window. "Hey, you alright?" He realized he might sound stalker-ish. So he added. "I was sitting outside and thought maybe you fell asleep. That probably wouldn't be the most comfortable night you ever had." He smiles sheepishly.

He was always very connected to her. He could tell that she was saddened and confused about something.

The moon shined brightly on him, the stars filling the night sky. "Besides it is too nice to be stuck in your car." He smirked.

Freya jumped when Johnathan popped up beside her window, she looked t him, listening to him. She smiled, before unlocking the car. She was surprised that he was still away, as she opened the door. She stepped out of the car, leaning against the open doorway of the car, with the door between her and him. "Didn't think you would be awake. I just had a long day, taking some time to think about things and other stuff. I was actually hoping to talk to you. At the store I kind of heard some stuff, that I wanted to clarify with you."

She hesitated for a moment, biting the side of her lip, "They tell me you have a temper and that you're a bad person. I was wondering if that was true?" She asked him as bluntly and passive as she could, trying to hid the doubt in her voice. But she was sure that if he didn't hear it, he might see it. She shifted her weigh to one leg, nervously as she waited for what he had to say.

His eyes darkened a bit. "Yeah, I got a temper. . . I dunno about bad person. . . Things sometimes happen out of my control, that might make people think that way. " He felt anger to the people filling her head with their judgements. "I am not sure who Is saying what, but I hope that you come to your own conclusion about what...who I am."

He couldn't just flat out tell her "YEP I'M A DEMON HYBRID." She probably would have ran and never looked back, and he wanted to be near her, not pushed farther away than be already was. "You want to come over and g have a beer on the porch? "

Freya smirked, as she closed the car door between them. He had a temper, huh? She smiled, "I don't drink beer, but if you have some water or tea, I'd like that." She told him. She couldn't help but recall the warning and just ignore it. Why should she trust someone, employer or not, over someone else. She had seen him everyday day and night and he kept to himself. It wasn't like he had given her any reason not to believe he wasn't a bad person. He admitted to his temper and bad things happening. But he wanted a chance and she was going to give it to him, no matter who thought she shouldn't. She knew as much about him as she knew about anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
He grinned in a boyish way, dimples showing. A smile was a rare sight on his face, but he smiled at her . "Yep. Got water, and I just made some tea, the sweet kind you used to like when we were kids. He extends his arm in a motion as if to say -after you- towards his porch. The stairs groaned beneath as he walked up the two. "Have a seat, I will be back with your tea and water in case you don't like the tea anymore." He frowned on his way through to the kitchen....What if she doesn't like me anymore???? He returned and plopped down on a chair, handing her tea and water, popping himself a top on another Budweiser.

Freya smiled, as she started to his pouch, seating quietly as she waited for him to come back from inside. She looked at her house and somehow, she could see herself seating her before. It wasn't a memory but more if a feeling that she had.

She smiled up at him, as he handed her the tea and water, "Thanks." She told him, hesitation for a moment. "Did you seat here as kids before? It's not a memory, just like a nostalgic feeling?"

"Yeah, we hung out here a lot." He takes a sip. "We used to sit here for hours and I let you beat me at checkers....A LOT!"

"Which...we have some checkers to catch up on. I still have the game." He opens a bin, grabbing the game, blowing off years of dust. A devilish gleam graced his eyes. "Besides, this time I am not letting you win. Let's make a wager. If I win, you are going on a walk ....wait no....if I win you must spend tomorrow with me. If you win.....you get something you want. What do you want anyways? "

Freya smiled, "I'm not that bad with checkers." she said holding in a laugh, she drank her tea, it was perfect. It was strange, how he could get her tea just right. Whatever they thought, she had some proof that she had at least been friends with him. How else would he know how she liked her tea.

"Who knows, I might just let you win, this time." she challenged, unsure what she wanted in the first place. No, she knew what she wanted, but she didn't know if he could give it to her. She wanted that boy. JB. She wanted to know him, to remember him. To clearly be around him and hope that she could recall something. She couldn't help her smile around Johnathan sometimes, and she didn't know why. Where they that close? Or was he the boy? She shock that thought away and readied herself, "I'll let you know what I want when you lose."

"Alright, alright." He smirked, setting up the board. "Alright, ladies first." He bows over dramatically. "So, tell me what have you been up to all this time." He asks drinking some water now. "You don't know how long I waited to see that pretty smile again." He says without looking up. "I mean.....ya know...."

"You let me win? Ha ha ha yeah right missy. Alright, yeah you let me know at the end what you want if....if ...if you win" He laughed

Freya smiled, at the way he bowed, it was not what she had thought he would do. But she had to admit, she liked it, this side of him. It was not a memory, but like before it was just nostalgia. "Oh, you shouldn't be too confident, Sir. You haven't seen me in over ten years, you have no idea what I can do." she smiled challenging him, as she grinned. She sighed, as she made her first move and smiled, "Your turn."

They continued their tight game of checkers. From his peripheral vision he watched her, the way she chewed her lip when she was thinking. He took a long drink of tea, turning on the porch light.

"I really want to win, because I really would enjoy spending the day with you." He never interacted with other people in such a way. He didn't like people, they didn't like him. She was his heart, though she didn't know it. He never shared feelings, hopes, or dreams like he did with her. He needed her back, the one he knew.

Freya smiled, as she made her next move, she was sure that she honestly didn't care who won. Biting her lip, she held back a smile as she thought of how see wanted to know just as much as he did. Everything he knew about her was curious to her. How does he know about the way she likes her tea, her mother couldn't get it right after a few tries. But he got it on the first attempt, the more she got to know about him, the more she wanted to ask him.

"You're turn, I think I know what I want now." she smiled, "But you do know I have work tomorrow, so you are going to have to follow me in town, if you win, right?"

As the game went on, he decided to let her win, because curiousity had him. He needed to know what she wanted.

So a few dumb mistakes here and there, and he lost.

He looked at her, slapping his hands on his knees lightly. "Alright then, what is it that you want?"

Freya smiled, she knew exactly what happened, in the back of her mind, but she didn't care. It just felt like something like this happened a lot and she still couldn't recall it. "Ok. I want..." she looked around for a moment and smiled. She wasn't going to play with him, she didn't want to tease him, but she wanted some pause in her answer. She smiled at him, she couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking and she was going to find out, sometime. "I want what you wanted. I want us to spend the day together, including at my work. And you have to tell me about our past together. How we meet and all of that. I also want you to tell me what kind of stuff happens around you."

He liked all of that but the last part. He, however, was not going to let her down. "Alright, but you want me to come to your work? Where ya working again? Somewhere I'm going to have to hide from your boss?" He laughed a bit. He wasn't sure her boss, especially if she worked Inm town was going to be happy that she was around him, but he was not going to be the one to let her down.

It made him feel happy that she wanted to spend time with him.

Freya smiled, "I see your point. I work at the hardware store, but I probably should call in tomorrow." Freya didn't mind him there. But Mrs. Karver had already warned her to stay away from him. And the day after the warning, probably wasn't a good time to show how little she listened.

Freya smiled, slightly excited, "Well, I should get home. We have a long day tomorrow and I rather start sooner than later." She said standing up. "Thanks for the tea, I'll see you night and early time, right?"

"Yes, bright and early. I'm gonna be knocking on your door. I promise it will be fun. I will have everything. Just bring yourself, good walking shoes, and wear comfy clothes. "

They said their goodnights, and Johnathan headed inside. He went to bed nearly immediately, excited for tomorrow.

His alarm clock rang at 5 AM. He needed to get up. He packed a backpack full of snacks, turkey sandwiches, water, and a couple of sodas. He showered quickly, putting on a black t-shirt that fit tightly over his muscular body. He put on his boxers and blue jeans and headed out the door at 7 AM. He smirked as he walked up her driveway. "Ohhhh Freeeeeyyyyyyaaaaaa! Wake uppppppppppppp!" He laughed.

Freya smiled to herself, as she laid in bed. She had set her alarm for 6 and took a quick rush through the house to get ready. She couldn't help her excitement, she wasn't sure why she was excited, but as soon as she heard his voice she was rushing down the stairs. She felt like she had done this before. Run to meet him, stopping a the dooor, she took in a deep breath. Calming herself, straightening her grey shirt that wore and made sure her jeans didn't look weird. Before opening the door, adn smiling up at him, "You're late." she joked.

He shrugged. "I am gracing you with my awesome presence so simmer down." He laughed. "Kidding. So there was this place you and I used to hang out. It's this way." He led her behind his house towards Cheshire's Peak. "I promise this will be fun, and maybe some how I can bring your memories back. They walk through the wooded area. He stops her, putting his arm in front of her. "Shhhhhh.....look......" He pointed west. There was a wolf bedding down a bit away. Pines were very close together, but there was a path leading up the mountain, probably used for cell tower maintainace.

Freya couldn't help but chuckle at his reply. She was hoping that they would explore old times and try and work on her memory and she was glad he thought the same. He thought the same in a lot of things she noticed, that no one else in town seem to have in common with her. As she followed him through the path, she stopped. He had focused her to, but she was glad that he had, it was sight to see. The wolf was beautiful, the way it seemed so at ease, she wanted to say that but didn't want the wolf to fun off, so she stayed quiet taking his hand out of instinct and squeezing it with her own excitement as she watched the wolf with a childish grin.

He could see the happy look on her face, and when she took his hand, it took his breath for a moment. Nothing he would admit to, however. He pulls her along. "That picture in your door, it was us.....this.....this is the tree." He smiled, remembering fondly. "Can ya still climb a tree?"

Freya looked at him, slightly shocked. It was not like it hadn't come to mind a few times, but wouldn't he have said something sooner. But at the mention of climbing, her shock was pushed aside, and replaced with a challenging grin. "We would I not be able to climb. I bumped my head, not my legs." She chuckled, she couldn't help the feeling of comfort. He was right in front of her, the boy that she was looking for, and he didn't even know that she was looking for him, solely in this town. Come to find that this town didn't even like him, but he was still here, why? She wanted to ask him, why he was still there but she liked that he was still there. So, she bite her lower lip to keep from saying anything, as she looked up at teh tree.

He laughed. "I can tell when you are thinking." He began climbing effortlessly up the tree. He could have jumped, but he didnt want to overload her with information. Half way up the towering over hundred year old pine, he stands on a branch looking for the highest stable branch, climbing to it, sitting on it, swinging his legs. You could see forever up there. The sun was still coming up in the sky. There was a gentle fog settling on the lowlands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back