• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lost

Matreania

Expect the unexpected, it expects you
Freya sighed as she looked at the house, a simple old house, she wasn't sure about this. Freya looked out her rear-view mirror and then back at the house. She had to get out at one point, she opened her door and looked at the house. Tilting her head, it kind of looked familiar. She decided that the only thing to do was to go inside

The lawyer was admit that someone stay in the house, or it be sold. It was costing taxes and her family was thinking the same thing. But there were still memories she hadn't gotten back, some she was sure this house would help her with. And that boy. Who was he? She could recall blurs, of sharing a bed with him, talking to him. His voice calmed her, in her dreams she was sure that he was a friend. She shock the thought out of her head, closing the car door.

She placed the key in the hole and turned it. The door opened with a creek, she had to get that fixed. She sighed, as she stepped into the house, the furnishing was covered with sheet and the kitchen was in clear view. Taking in another deep breath she looked around, she wanted to uncover all the furnishings, maybe that would help.

Starting with the living room that was near the door, she uncovered them all. They were lovely. She didn't remember them but she was glad that they did look familiar. She smiled to herself, and started to go through every room downstairs, before starting up the steps.

The mountains were his wall of safety. He sat out on the back porch. They had always been his home. He looked back appreciatively at the work he had done at the "Mountain Home For Troubled Boys". The proprietor, Mr. Witley took a liking to Johnathan, so as the state began putting boys into foster care, Mr. Witley kept him around. As much of a "troubled child " that Johnathan was, Mr. Witley saw the good in him. So, Johnathan was there the day his only other friend was taken by cancer.

The home got put in his name, and since Mr. Witley death, he has lived there alone, fixing up the place. Mr. Witley left everything to him.

He had a friend before that, but she never came back. He wondered about her, thinking of her fondly very often. He was a couple of years older than her, people always told Freya to stay away from the "tattooed freak". He did have an affinity for tattoos, as he was nearly covered. He was thrilled she didn't listen, because he brought calm into his world, but now he was alone, he wondered if finally she finally got sick of him. His reminiscing was interrupted hearing a car door slam, he hadn't heard anything in the small valley in years. He walked inside with his coffee seeing a vehicle across the street at Freya's grandparents home. The smell of pine that grew rampant on these mountains hung in the air. Spring was just beginning, Bird were chirping, and the soft whisper of the creek was heard. He walked across the street, seeing the front door open he knocked on it, peeking inside, black sleeveless undershirt and blue shorts. "Hello?"

She stopped at the sound out steps, she froze, before a voice called out. She was between running up the stairs to checking who was there. That voice made her stop, turning back down, she said, "Coming." as she walked down the stairs. As she reached the bottom stairs she saw a man and smiled, "Sorry. Hi, I'm not a thief or anything." she explained, smiling.

Looking around, she sighed, "I'm going to be staying here, so I figured I should check it out. Do you live next door?" She asked, unsure why she thought of telling him anything. She wasn't sure about a few things, but that was a normal for her for the last decade. "I would have introduced myself. I wanted to get settled before anything else. This was my grandparent's house and the family was eitehr someone stays there or we sell it." she little out a small laugh, "So, here I am."

He looked at her, jaw dropped. "Freya?" He would have hugged her, but it was clear to him that she had no idea who he was. Honestly, it broke his heart. Here he was thinking of her at least once a day...and she hadn't the slightest clue who he was. His expression dropped a bit, having come to the realization. "Freya...it's me...Johnathan....? Dont......don't you remember me? " He looked into her eyes, searching for a spark.....a flash......anything, but, as he spoke, there was none.

"Johnatha? You know who I am?" Freya looked confused at him. She tried to remember him but the face, the voice none of it clicked. She shock her head, with a half smile, "Sorry, no. It's part of the reason I'm here. I had an accident a few years back, I wanted to remember some stuff, so I came here." She thought of asking him about the boy, but want sure if he would even know him. She remember they had a secret, but what it was, she couldn't think of.

"Yes, I know you very, very well." He was shocked to hear of her accident. Nobody told him anything because everyone said he was a bad influence, anyways. He put his hands gently on her shoulders. He was not one for emotion or expressing feelings, but she had always been his soft spot. He looked at her and spoke. "Well, I...guess we will start over. I am glad you are here. " He offered a genuine smile. "I can help you fix this place up since you are staying," He said looking at what needed to be fine . (I'm half asleep, excuse the errors. )

She smiled, "That would be good. I lost a lot of memories here, so to speak. It's why I'm here, my family helped me a lot but my grandparents died before I could come back for their help." She have him a halfway smile before moving away slightly. It wasn't mistrust, but she felt she shouldn't be so trusting with him. But she couldn't shake the feeling that she could trust him. "I was just heading up stairs, want to come?" She asked motioning to the stairs.

It felt like a knife to the heart seeing the confusion and trepidation in her eyes, but he forced a smile of his own, accepting her invite up stairs. "I can fix up anything you need. I have been fixing the old boys home as I can. You and I . . .we are the only ones left out here. Everyone has either died or moved away. Though, there wasn't much to begin with. When we were kids, there was only six houses."

He waliked upstairs noting mentails the things that needed fixed. He copulent believe he was standing before the woman he never thought he would see. Now here he was, wanting nothing more than to hug her tightly and tell her how much torture it had been. It was heart wrenching to know that his words would fall upon deaf ears.

He watched her as she looked around, the graceful way she moved. He finally spoke. "Freya, I know this is hard probably, but I would love for us to get to know each other again. Maybe when you are ready to explore your old memories, we can go for a walk? I gotta get home but I'm just across the way if you need anything." He turned to head back to his house. The day that he had been waiting fir came, but not how he expected.

"Oh, ok." Freya smiled, "Thanks for coming, and I'll see you later. But before you go, can you tell me which one was my room. I think I might have something I left there." She was hoping he would know where her room was. With any luck, there were pictures there like at home. Of course at home there weren't any pictures that looked like they were taken here. Maybe in her old room she would find done to put a face to the boy she really came to see.

He turned back nodding. "Yea, it's this one here." He opened her door. An old memory rushes back to his mind. He smiled thinking how he used to sneak in her window at night. They were just kids, but for some reason, when he was with her, it quieted his mind, and he slept without nightmares. The sadness of her lost memories was a bit much for him at the moment. He smiled turning to her. "Alright. I gotta get back. Let me know if you need anything." He turned exiting the home back to his house. The one good thing he had in his life was taken away, and he sat in the living room becoming determined to bring those memories back.

Walking into the room Freya sighed, she starting looking around. But if there had been pictures, they weren't around anywhere. With done frustration she sat on the bed and looked around.

Finally she sighed in annoyance as she laid half on the bed looking up. On the ceiling were there were dots. She was slightly confused by the design of the dots. When she noticed one set made up her initials, and the ones next to them made up the initials JB.

That was his? It had to be. She smiled to herself, she had something more then a boy to go on. His initials were JB, he had to be taller then her. Not only from her memory but his dots were easier to notice then hers, he was taller.

She jumped at the sound of her phone's alarm. "Shit." She snapped, jumping to her feet, as she rushed out of the room. She took her phone from her front pocket, turning the alarm off. She was going to be late on her first day, if she didn't hurry. Luckily she came in her work clothes, as she went down the stairs, she brushed her fingers through her hair and pulled it into a pony tail. Rushing out the door, she locked the down and ran to the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnathan sat in his living room listening to the old 1940's radio that belonged to Mr. Witley. He dug through a drawer on the end table next to the couch, looking for something. He finally cursed, yanked the entire drawer out and threw it. The drawer and its contents smashed up against the wall, the drawer now in several pieces. It was then that he found what he was searching for in the first place. It was a photo they took together out in the woods where they used to hang out. The memory is clear to him as he looks at it, smiling....

(A flashback) He looked up at her in the tree, smiling down at him. He smirked at her, his dark eyes glowing a bit. "Don't make me come up there Freya!" She sutck her tongue out at him. He was himself around her, so in one bound he was up on her branch. "Hey you said you wanted to get this picture for your scrapbook....let's do this.......hey...look at the sunset. Let's take it up here."

He snapped back to reality looking at the photo. 'I'm going to bring this to her. ' He walks outside to find her car gone, he frowns, disappointed. He scrawl a quick note

-Hope one day you can remember-JB

He set the note in her screen door with the photo then went for a walk along the creek, thinking deeply.

Freya sighed, as she got home. First day was all about learning the store, Mr. Karver and his wife were friendly, being that she did't remember them. It seemed everyone knew each other well enough. She wanted to ask about that Johnathan but there was never any chance. She didn't suspect him of anything, she couldn't help but feel like she could trust him. She knew nothing about him, so to get their opinion was really important.

Getting out of the car, she decided to ask them tomorrow morning when she was going into town for groceries. She shock her head, taking a deep breath, before noticing something on her door. As she walk closer she noticed a picture. She smiled at the note, he was here, and he knew about her memory. She looked around, wondering when he had shown up and where he had went. She smiled, to herself opening the door. In the dark she couldn't see the picture.

When she entered the house she rushed to the first light which was in the living room, and turned it on. Seating on the arm chair she looked at the picture, it was her with a boy. The sunset was beautiful in the picture and she smiled at how happy she looked. And then how he looked out at her. She felt like he was looking at her, in her mind it felt like she was looking right at him. But the memory never came.

She fall asleep looking at that picture, finally a face to her confusion, but did he look anything like the boy in this picture, anymore. Everything ran through her mind, as she fall asleep. Why she didn't have any pictures of her own of his? Where was the picture taken? Why was the picture taken? How old were they? He was obviously older, just as she had thought he was, but how did she meet him? Why couldn't any one tell her who he was? Was he a secret or just someone no one paid any attention to? What did they do? Why didn't he visit her? So many questions and there was no way to get answers until she found him.

That night she dreamt of a night were the boy in the picture came in. He laid beside her and they fall asleep together. It was a warm feeling but when she opened her eyes he was gone. She looked for him everywhere in eth house but he was the only one missing. Her grandparents were there, but they didn't know anything. She searched the house and he was no where to be found. She felt lost and isolated, until all she could do was cry. A voice sounded around her, when she looked up, there he was, smiling at her. The surrounds were all dark and she couldn't see anything. But it did't matter, in her dream all that mattered was that he was there and he smiled at her.

Johnathan stared blankly at his ceiling, laying shirtless in his bed, covered to the waist by his sheet. The spring breeze rustled the curtains. He hated trying to sleep. He had horrible dreams. Lately, they have been becoming more real and much worse. He dozes off...

He looked over, and Freya was lying next to him asleep. Johnathan moved to her to keep her warm, as his body was much warmer than the average human, but as he touched her, her body fell limp on her back. She was dead....her heart literally ripped from her chest. He panicked, wide eyed.....who would do this?

He yelled out, sitting up quickly, his eyes taking on a red hue. His muscular chest was heaving from the shallow panicked breath. He splashed his face with water. He wanted so Badly to check on her, always feeling the need to protect her. He knew he needed to play it cool. He could tell she was leery of him. He frowned. Maybe he needed to leave her alone. He wasn't a "good" boy. He was bad. He had a temper, but not toward her. Never toward her. This was among his maaaany flaws. Why would he ruin such a sweet person's life? He put his head between his hands and growled angrily. He didn't want to leave her alone, but that would be selfish. ...

He fell asleep arguing with himself, thoughts straying to how beautiful Freya grew up to be.

Freya woke surprised that she had fallen asleep on the arm chair. She sat up straight and felt the picture in her hand. Looking down at it she smiled, it wasn't a dream. She sighed in comfort, wondering if she should ask that guy across the way about the boy.

She decided not to. She didn't want anyone to know that he was the real reason she was here. It would probably just upset someone or give then the wrong idea. He was always in her dreams, it tugged at her heart not knowing his voice, his face, his name. She had to find him, he had memories she wanted so much to be clear.

Looking at the picture she smiled and relaxed. What had they been doing? He looked out of fame beside her but natural at the same time. He looked as happy as she did. She hasn't known that little girl but she knew that they were still the same person.

Standing up after what seemed like all day, she looking at the clock, in a few hours, it would be her second day at work. She needed a shower, something to eat. But first, she wanted to have the picture somewhere she could see it. She found a small frame, it was slightly bigger then the picture, but she'd but another when she went into town. For now, this frame would be good enough.

Hanging the picture by the door in clear view, she smiled, as she started towards the stairs to shower. Today felt better then yesterday, she had so much now, his face, his initials and even the knowledge that he knew she was here. She grinned to herself, she would find him sooner then expected, if luck kept up.

He woke up, showering, making a cup of black coffee.

Johnathan walked to his garage in a pair of torn jeans, shirtless. It was early morning. He made a living by working on people's classic cars. Of course no one from his town of Boone Valley would ever give such a "crazy" their business. While no one other than Mr. Witley and Freya knew-well, used to know- he was actually demonic, the town always called him "the devil child". Things-bad things - happened that he couldn't explain when he was younger, as his abilities ran wild on their own. Now he has learned to control himself, for the most part. So, most of his work came from big cities within a couple of hours. But today, he was working on his car. He pulls the cover off of a 1965 Challenger that he painted candy black. He slid underneath the car, and began tinkering around reaching to his left for his wrench. He saw her car was home, but decided to give her space. If she wanted to come to him, she would. There was no sense forcing it.

Freya sighed as she got dressed, she wanted to know if anyone knew the boy but there was no way to ask. First it wasn't her picture they would ask her, where she got it? She couldn't ask them and show it. As she looked out the window she could see Johnathan. He had been out here before, when she was little. He said he was a friend, maybe he would know. She sighed, it would be the same for him. How was she going to ask him about a boy that she didn't know who knew?

She turned away, she would keep it a secret for now, from everyone. But she was curious, Johnathan seemed to be working on a car. She walked down the stairs and towards the door, she decided she would check it out herself. They were going to be neighbors, she might as well get to know him. So, she walked over to where he was and let out a short sigh, "Whacha doing?" she asked shyly, as she leaned down to see his face.

Johnathan slammed his head into the undercarriage and wanted so Badly to curse, but he didn't want Freya to take it personally. He was just startled. He took a breath pretending that it didn't hurt. Seeing her lovely face made him forget it anyways. "Hey, you. Oh...I am just working on my car. I need to drop the transmission, pull it apart." He stands up smudged in dirt and grease. He wipes his hands on his jeans. "So, what are you doing? Did you enjoy the night at your new place?" He casually waves his wrench pointing at her place. His eyes were now a green-blue, a very vibrant variant of that color. His head had a small gash in it, dripping blood. He grabbed a shop rag and wiped the gash, but largely ignoring it.

Freya looked at him sorry for surprising him, "Sorry about that. I didn't mean to surprise you. The place is pretty nice, I like being somewhere I feel comfortable and that house has that. I mean, I used to always want to come her so." Freya gave him a shy smile, "Do you want me to clear that for you?" she asked, pointing at his gash, "It was my fault after all." She asked, unsure if she should have even came over. He was busy, should she just leave him to his work. She wanted to ask him, but she didn't want to really hear the answer and she didn't know why it mattered so much.

He shrugs. "Nah, it will be fine. Glad you are enjoying your place. I like to think you had a lot of fun summers up here " He studies her a moment. "Freya, I can tell the wheels are turning in your mind. What are you thinking so hard about?" He smiles, shuts the hood of his car, sitting on the shiny black hoid. "I'm all ears." He looks at her with a boyish smile. He reaches for his shop towel and wipes his head again.

Freya gave him a quick reassuring smile, "Nothing really, I was just concerned about that cut of yours." She wasn't to sure what she was going to say but she knew she wasn't going to tell him the truth. Even though she felt like she could trust him, she wasn't going to take the chance. She wanted to see him, no matter who she had to lie to, she was going to see him. She smiled up at him, "So, you used to come over to the house? We must have had a lot of time to play together?"

He smiled, "I did come over at first." His face changed a bit. "But....then I wasn't allowed in your house anymore....but we still spent nearly every day together. Your grandparents were furious. We used to go on walks, sometimes you would stay the night in my room, and sometimes I stayed in yours. I mean, we just stayed together and talked until we fell asleep. You had a little watch with an alarm on it to wake us up so the "trespasser" could sneak back out. "

His fond remembrance brought a smile to his face. "If....you want, maybe we can....go on one of our old walks?" He asked a bit unsure if he should ask, fearing rejection.

Freya listened to him, tilting her head at his comment about them sleeping over at each other's houses. But if he wasn't allowed in her grandparents' house, then how did he sleep over. She wasn't sure if she could trust that part. But she was sure that he had been in the house more then once, a few times, she was sure of that. She took in a deep breath, "Well, I actually have work in a few minutes, I just wanted to talk for a bit. We are going to be seeing each other a lot, so I figured we should talk. We are the only ones still out here, after all."

He could read her so well, seeing her trepidation in trusting him. So, he decided to let her take time to learn, again not pushing it, even if it killed him. "Have a good day at work."

Upon ending the conversation, he moved underneath his car, unwilling to show his disappointment. He needed to just be cool and keep his distance. She was leery, and he could tell, and he had no intention of scaring her or making her uncomfortable. He couldn't help but feel something was taken from him. It was as if the girl he knew died, and was replaced by a shell of who she once was. He gripped a section of steel frame of the car, crushing it like aluminum in his hand. He lay there trying to focus, then straightened the piece back out. This was torture. He would have rather endured physical tortures than the death of what used to be a beautiful friendship.

Freya smiled, watching him go under the car again, before turning to leave. She couldn't help a disappointment in her chest. She didn't know why it was there, but she knew what it was. She felt it when she first saw her brother again and meeting her family. She felt like there was something.

She looked back when she got Just behind her car. So he was a machanic? She watched him for a moment still unsure what to make of him. He felt close but so far away, there was a sadness in his eyes. She sighed, shocking the thought away, as she started to go inside and get ready for work.

Day two was just as busy as busy as day one. The night came without her even noticing, until Mrs. Karver told her it was clean up time. Mr. Karver had left for a shipment but Mrs. Karver was always there. Freya smiled, "Mrs. Karver, can I ask you a question?" She asked the nearly 60 year old woman.

"Oh, Freya, you can ask me anything. I want to help you get your memories back as much as you want them." She smiled back at Freya.

"My grandparents place. It's near the boys' home. There is a guy that stays there." She was hesitate to asked now, seeing Mrs. Karver's uneasy gaze shift, but she decided to anyway. "I was wondering if you knew anything about him? I haven't seen him come into town once since yesterday and no one else is there, so I was just curious."

"You should stay away from him, Freya. He's a hot tempered, shameless and just a bad person." Mrs. Karver stated bluntly and firm, taking Freya by surprise. Even with her fading memory she had noticed when people were not good for her and that was not what she got from him. Mrs. Karver's soften, "Please Freya, just stay away from him. He'll only hurt you."

Freya have her a half hearted smiled, "I will." She said, but her first thought was to go and ask him herself. She finished up with her work, before heading home, Mrs. Karver reminding her to stay safe. Freya could hear the warning in the back of her voice about Johnatha again.

She shock it off, deciding that she'd ask him. Looking at the time it was closing into midnight. He would probably be sleeping. She'd ask him in the morning, she wanted to know why Mrs. Karver thought this. But more so, why he had allowed it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back