• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lost In The Rain

Milo heard the girl as she looked and pointed at the portrait. He sighed silently and nodded, "Yeah... I was 13 in the photo.." He told her. There is a slight moment of silence before he cleared his throat and started toward the hall, "I have to get dressed for class, but the offer of you coming with me is still open.. If you'd like." He said, turning his head to look back at her.

She was still staring at the frame, not wanting to disturb he left quietly to his room. It only took him about five minutes or so to dress in dark jeans and a black turtleneck. The weather outside was still pretty windy like the other night, and mostly there was going to be another chance of rain. Milo grabbed his coat and umbrella and was about to head back out to the livingroom when he went over to a dresser and picked up and empty notebook.

It was just a plain violet notebook, with a pocket to hold a pen in. He let out another sigh and nodded his head to himself as he then walked out his bedroom and back to the livingroom where the silver haired girl was still standing and looking at the portrait. "I um.." He started, looking down at the book and fiddling back and forth with it, "here.." He held it out to her, "thought it would help you remember, if you wrote down any memories or flashbacks or something.." He told her.

Hearing Milo talk, she'd finally break out of her trance. She'd look towards him before eying at the notebook. Bella would take a moment before reluctantly taking the notebook into her hands. She let out a sigh before speaking towards him, "I'm sorry, Milo.. but this picture.." She said as things were sort of becoming clear. "... It reminds me so much of.. my own parents. We were so happy together. My mother helping me put on the nicest of clothes. I.. I truly miss them."

When the girl asked about the portrait from earlier she noticed Milo being silent after he talked about it briefly. "... Do you miss your parents, Milo?" She asked, as she seemed to be concerned about the man. Did he have a bad history with them or something? "And as for coming with you.. is it okay? I mean.. I wouldn't want to cause up any trouble. And.. class?" That word seemed oddly familiar but seemed very alien to her. Though the look she was displaying showed that she didn't know much about it.

She'd look at the notebook that was given to her and noticed that it was violet.. just let her eyes. She smiled faintly at least, before thanking Milo by nodding at him. "Thank you, Milo.. I'll put this to good use. The only thing I remember.. are my parents." She said, as the girl began to jot down what she knows of them from the knowledge she received from the flashbacks.

Milo remained silent as he allowed Bella to speak of her parents, a silent sigh of relief escaped from him as he was glad she was starting to remember small things. When she had asked him about his parents, he looked up at the portrait again, "I do... But they were pretty strick with me and didn't really allow me to speak for myself.." He told her. As he looked back down to her, he saw that she was genuinely confused about him going to class.

"Yes, I go to school, college really.. I'm studying photography." He told her. "The photos on the walls, I took them on my travels... I haven't been far but, I do like to explore." He then said, looking around the room at his works. "It's fine for you to come with me, again, maybe you can find something out there that will remind you of something... After class, we can stop by the police station as I said too." He added.

He watched as she quickly jotted down what she remembered, looking like she was doing the best to write every detail to her flashback. "A-any... Any thought on what your name is or your parents?" He questioned.

As she was writing down what she trying to remember, she'd experience another flashback within her mind. Only this time the two silhouettes were standing right in front of her, just staring back at the girl. Mama? Papa? Why are you just standing there? She would ask when suddenly the two would turn her back on the girl. No! Wait! Please, don't go! P-Please.. d-don't go!! She cried out yet again, as she'd try to run towards them. The figures then vanished into thin air, as the girl would fall down and collapse onto her knees. She looked behind her and found that her parents were no longer there, as the girl began to cry.

A single tear would drop below her eye, though Bella would be quick to wipe it away with her hand, "A-Ah, excuse me.. I had something in my eye." She said, as she'd try to change the subject, "As for my name.. my real name.. I don't remember. The things I see in my mind, they speak to me, yet I cannot hear them at all." She said in disappointment, before she'd stop writing. "As for my parents.." She paused, letting out a sigh. "I remember once that we were.. all a happy family. But things faded.. and all that was left was me." She left it that, as Milo would guess that something tragic had occurred with the girl's parents.

Milo panicked as he saw Bella collapse to her knees, "H-hey, you okay!?" He called, kneeled down next to her and gentle placed his hand on her back in comfort. He listened to all that she said, She really has been through a lot, what happened to her family. "It'll be okay... We'll figure all this out," he told her, "I'm going to help you find out the truth of who you really are. I.. I'd really like to get to know the real you..." he told her, averting his eyes away from the girl.

After a moment, the man stood, reaching his hand to the girl to help her up in the process. "Uh, I think Mary packed you a coat... M-might want to wear that when we get out. The weather is still rather cold, and there is a large chance of rain again." Milo grabbed the bag of clothes and pulled out a coat with a furred rim hood. He then handed it to Bella so she could wear.

Hearing Milo's reassuring words, she'd smile very warmly at that though she was a bit confused on why Milo wanted to help her. After all, they were still strangers in a way. Though, she was slightly touched when Milo said she'd like to know the real her. Her cheeks glowed faint pink at hearing this, as it sounded like he really meant it. "T-.. Thank you, Milo." She said in a soft whisper, as she was back onto her feet with his help.

Eying the coat, she'd take it from him and place the coat onto her body. The coat itself was very comfy and it would at least protect her from the heavy rain. She didn't want to get soaked nor she did not want to get sick from the climate. "I'm ready when you are, Milo." She said, eying him with those violet, sparkling orbs at him. "Oh and.. Arabella. It's a nice name, Milo. I forgot to thank you in person for that." She said, as the name was quite nice, plus it saved her from Mary knowing the truth.

Milo placed his coat on and walked over to his front counter to grab his umbrella and camera carrying case. Placed the bag over his shoulder and grabbed his keys. Eyeing back to the silver haired girl, he got lost in her violet eyes as she thanked him for the name, "U-oh.. I um... You're welcome. Sorry I couldn't think of a better one, but I had to think of something on the spot before Mary threw a fuse..." He told her.

"W-we should get going, it's about half an hour bus ride to the campus, don't want to be late.." He told her and opened the front door to her. Soon she would pass through, with him following behind and locking the door. After that, they'd head down to the lobby of the complex and out the doors to the city streets. The sky was light and gray overhead, it was noon but with the dull colors of the sky, it seemed more midday that early noon. At least it wasn't raining yet, but there was still a light breeze that nipped at Milo's nose and cheeks.

The girl simply followed the man, trying to keep up with the man. Though, he was saying words that was quite unfamiliar with the girl, "A.. bus?" She blinked, as if she never heard such a thing before. How odd it was that she wasn't told of such things before. Though, seeing as she didn't want to get lost again, she'd eye at Milo for a moment. Reluctantly, she'd cling onto Milo's coat with her hand.

"I-Is.. Is this okay? I want to try and k-keep up and.. if this is not right, then please tell me and I'll l-let go.." She asked rather shyly, as the girl wanted to stick close to Milo, as she wouldn't know what to do if she ended up getting lost. The rain wasn't quite there, though she could feel the cold breeze passing through her face and body. It didn't bother her too much thankfully, thanks to the new coat she was wearing. And lastly, Milo would see several pass by them, giggling and snickering at them, thinking that the two really are a couple.

Milo had just been walking down the street with his aloof expression showing up. He had ignored look he got down the street until he felt a slight tug at the end of his coat. He turned, eyeing Bella and seeing her cling to his coat, "Uh... N-no, it's fine... I-I get it..." He said, trying to hid his flustered face but looking forward again and starting to walk.

As the two walked again, Milo did notice the looks of several passbyers. A small murmur came from his lips as he tried to put on his aloof expression again to block out their snickers and comments. If he paid attention, they weren't all bad, most of the time they were sweet comments. The man was just being oblivious and naive.

Soon the two made it to the man's usual bus stop, he looked over to Bella to see how she was doing. Gulpping silently before he spoke, "I take it you don't know what a bus is anymore..." He started.

Bella continued to cling to his arm with her hand, as if she was holding on for dear life. The people around her made her a bit nervous, and she'd notice that they were looking at them. Though, she'd calm down a fair bit once Milo started to talk with her again. She'd shake her head at him, a bit disappointed that she didn't know at all. Buses are things that people should commonly know about.

"I.. I don't.. what is it exactly? It's something s-scary, is it?" She asked, hoping that wasn't the case. Getting frightened was the last thing you should do, to someone that was frail and lithe like she was. Meanwhile though, as the two were waiting for the bus to arrive..

Someone nearby was watching them from afar. "Target is in sight. Awaiting orders." Said by someone who was wearing a large trenchcoat, as its face was sealed by some form of mask.

"What!? How certain are you?" Said by someone else, said within some form of a communication device.

"Positive. She is, I believe, with a civilian. Still awaiting orders." The voice asked, as this particular being sounded very monotone and direct.

"Kill anyone that gets in the way. Make sure the girl returns back alive. Only strike when you have the opportunity." The voice from the other side said, as it sounded very demanding and obnoxious.

"Affirmative. Over and out." The hulking figure said, as it would turn off its communication device, and continue to eye the two from a fair distance. For now.

A smile found its way onto Milo's face as the girl looked at him with huge violet eyes. "Heh, they might seem scary at first, being that it's public transportation and you're riding with strangers, but once you get use to it, it's fine." He assured her. "Basically, a bus is like any other car, it takes you from one place to another." He explained, it seemed the girl was quite interested as she listened and hung on to his words.

Soon enough, the bus came their way, coming to a stop in front of them and opening the double doors. Milo pulled out something from his pocket and turned to Bella, gesturing to head in first. "Go on, right behind you." He nodded and tried to give her his best assuring smile. Once on, he tossed in whatever he had grabbed from his coat into a slot next to the bus drivers and then guided the girl to two empty seats on the bus.

When the bus arrived, at first Bella seemed scared at first before she'd end up clinging onto his arm out of instinct. Though when she realized that the vehicle in front of her was quite harmless, she'd soon let go, her face a bit flustered from what she had done. "I'm s-sorry.. I was just scared, t-that's all." She said, as the girl would enter into the bus, waiting for Milo to catch to her.

The other people in the bus made her a bit nervous, though things seemed to be fine for the most part as they were minding their own business. The girl would sit onto the nearby empty seats, though the minute Milo would sit down, she'd have her hand and fingers grab onto his coat once more. She was shaking a bit as he looked at him worriedly, "Are we going to be alright? T-Those people around us won't do anything, right? And.. I feel safer and at ease when I'm near you.." She said in a whisper, her cheeks showing that faint glow of pink once more. Bella looked so adorable when something so small and harmless was worrying her.

Meanwhile, the something that was eying them from afar was no longer there. Who or what its intentions for the two was left to be unknown for the time being.

The man didn't mind that she was scared, it was her first time on the bus with no memory. She might have been on one before her accident, but with her memory lost, she wouldn't know. Milo sat with her, feeling her lithe hand holding onto his coat again. As she spoke with a faint blush, the same warm couldn't help but find its way to the dark haired man's face. He silently gulped and reached down a hand to pat her's that clung to his attire.

"W-we'll be fine... They're not going to do anything, most of them are just heading to their work place and school... No need to worry." He assured her with wry smile. He did find her quite adorable when she worried about the small things. Thinking this, Milo would shake his head and face forward, the tint of pink becoming a shade darker at his thoughts.

As she was told that the bus and people were perfectly harmless, she'd take a deep breath and calm herself down. "O-Okay.." She said, as she awaited for the bus to leave and take them to the school that Milo was attending. With her hand still clinging, she'd look towards him, "So.. photography, right? Is that something you love to do?" She asked, as it seems that Bella was interested to know more about him.

"The pictures around your home.. they're really nice. Did you want to become someone who.." She paused, trying to find the right words, "Who likes to take pictures?" She asked, as the word she was really referring to was a 'photographer'. "What's so fun about it?" She added, as Bella was far more comfortable now, seeing as Milo was someone she can trust. But knowing his awkward and aloof personality, would he try to open up more?

(Sorry for the late reply, been going through some things..)

Soon the bus pushed forward, heading towards the campus to which Milo attended. Upon hearing Bella, turned to her with almost amazed eyes as he was surprised that she was asking him about his wanting of being a photographer.

"Ahem.. Y-yes... I do enjoy photography.." He started, clearing his throat. "There's just been something about snapping a picture of a scene... The way, after the film is developed, the photographs can capture that moment... It just..."

He paused, looking into the girl's violet eyes, "Beautiful..."

Her violet orbs looked straight into the man's eyes as he spoke, though when he'd say the word beautiful, for some reason, she'd feel goosebumps all over her body. Her cheeks showed a faint glow of pink as she looked away briefly from his gaze, "O-Oh, I see.. well, do you umm.." She paused for a moment, before she'd look at him once more, "Do you also take pictures of... people too?"

She noticed that while the family portrait at Milo's home may be an exception, she saw a lack of pictures that people in them. Or perhaps Milo wasn't that kind of photographer or he just didn't found the opportunity of taking pictures just yet. Either way, her eyes darted towards the outside window, oogling at how fascinating at something simple as a bus ride for her can be.

"I can't wait to see what else you'll show me at your school. No one will mind though, right? I promise I won't be a bother." She said, as the last thing Bella would want to do was distract Milo from his work.

"I do on occasions..." Milo told the girl as she would look from him to the window and back again. "I'm a bit of a freelance photographer, some of the local people, if they can't hired a professional photographer, I offer my help... I get paid as well, but. Because I'm starting out, I don't make as the pros in the field.." He explained.

Milo leaned back in his seat more and gave a sigh as they rode the bus in silence after he spoke. But didn't take too long before Bella would speak again.

He gave a slight smile as she said she didn't want to be a bother. "I'll show you around the campus a bit... It... Shouldn't be a problem." He then said, looking up toward the roof of the bus as he thought about it. A lot of students like to show others around that are new, so it really shouldn't be a problem for him to show the girl around.

Bella remembered on what Mary had said, when the blonde woman mentioned about Milo's awkward and aloof attitude. She was curious on why his behavior was like this in the first place. The girl felt kind of bad, wondering if she was either talking too much or just being overall annoying towards the man. She did not press on about the issue, not wanting to plague such thoughts into his mind.

During the silence, the silver-haired girl would eye at the window as they passed by several buildings, peoples and cars. A flashback returned within her mind, as she'd feel the same scenario once more within her memory. Only this time, she was riding within a car instead of a bus.

Bella then gave a happy smile once Milo offered her to show the girl around the campus, "Okay~" She chirped happily, as overall, the girl seemed to be in a bubbly state of mind.

Milo heard the girl's voice chirp, looking down to her again and letting a silent chuckle escape his throat. He then looked straight, to the front of the bus to keep an eye on their stop. From the corner of his eyes though, he did catch Bella looking out the window, in a sort of trance again. Another flashback perhaps..? He thought.

The rest of the bus ride was in silence until the man finally saw the campus come into view. "Here's our stop," he told the girl and reached over her to pull at a gray lined cord. A 'ding' sound went off in the bus and the STOP REQUESTED sign started to glow. To this cue, the bus started to slow down the the curb and finally yield to a stop.

Milo stood from the seat and reached out a hand to the silver haired girl, his face back to its natural aloof expression as whispers stirred at the back of the bus again. He kept his eyes the girl though, not breaking the strangily attracted eye contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back