• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lost In The Rain

"It's.. possible." She said quietly, before she'd eye at the food. The aroma coming from the food that she was smelling was quite satisfying and in a matter of moments, she would begin to eat at the food. Her eyes widened at the tasty breakfast that she was consuming down her throat, it's as if she had never tasted anything great like this before.

"T-This is good..!" She said, as she'd be talking with her mouth full as it seems like she hadn't eaten anything in awhile. Though, when she would realize that she making a mess, she'd quickly apologize and bow down her head. "S-Sorry, sorry.. it's just.. it seems like I haven't ate in such a long time. At least, not as good as this food you're offering." The girl said, as Milo would notice that most of the plate was empty.

When she was told where the bathroom was located, she'd nod at him, "Tell me.. am I being a bother? I will leave as soon as I'm done changing and.. be on my way." She said, as she had already caused enough trouble. The question is, would Milo allow her to leave? And better yet, where would she go exactly?

Milo gave a slight chuckle, glad to know that the food was satisfying her, but soon, he noticed how fast she was eating and soon the plate was empty. Wow... He thought to himself. "N-no, no... I-it's fine. I-it does seem that way.." He said softly, more to himself than to the nameless girl. "A-anyways, I'm glad you like it." He then said, giving a smile to her.

He blinked as he heard her ask if she was a bother. He hesitated to shake his head and sutter out his next words. "W-wha, no, no... Not at all.." He started, "I'm just not use to having anyone around, but really, you can stay here, it's no problem.." But the thing was, where was she going to go if she didn't remember where she came from, where her parents were or what her name was.

"I uh... I'd just feel a bit better if I had at least a name to call you. Think it would be rude if I just said 'hey you', 'miss' or 'girl', you know..." He then told her.

"A name..? Well, since I can't remember my name at all.. would you like to.." She paused, as her violet eyes looked towards at him, as if they were like shimmering jewels from within. "Give me a name if it will make you feel better?" She said, as the nameless woman gave a smile towards him. "And.. thank you for the food once more." She said, as she seemed very appreciative.

The girl would then stand up on her feet, as she eyed the bathroom, "Milo, is it? I'll be back shortly, as I'd like to get rid of these rags. And are you sure that you want me to stay?" As she'd leave, she'd go to what Milo had instructed and began to enter inside and change into the new clothes that was given to her. It'd take about five minutes or so, before she'd be finish changing. During that time, Milo could be thinking of a good name to call the nameless girl.

"Erm.." As she'd return however, as the sweatpants seem to fit her just fine, but the shirt was a bit too big for her as the folds were a bit too baggy. She would do a small twirl before looking back towards him. "Is this.. alright for me to wear?" She asked, as she seemed somewhat embarrassed.

"Uh.. M-me think of a name..?" He questioned silently. He began to get lost in his thoughts of names that would suit the nameless young woman. Never did Milo think, that he'd have to name someone. At least not at the present time. The girl's voice broke through his thoughts though as she thanked him for the food once again and excuses herself to the bathroom, "Du, you're welcome.." He called out before she closed the door to change.

While she changed, Milo picked up her empty plate and started to the kitchen. Five minutes later he heard the bathroom door open, "You can stay..!" He called out, "I mean, I'm sure you have no place else to go and well..." his voice drifted off, company wouldn't be bad either. He thought.

Milo turned around as he heard an unsure sound from the girl. Seeing her in his baggy clothing. His eyes went wide at how ridiculous he made her look with his clothing. A slight shade of pink hinted at his cheeks as he walked over and passed the girl to the door.

"Erm.. J-just w-wait here one moment.." He told her and walked out the front door and down the hall. He was going to need help with giving her fitting clothes to wear.

When the clothes that she wore would obviously not fit her at all, she blinked when she saw Milo just zip out of the front door. She was going to respond to him about what name she should be given, but as he instructed her to simply stay within his home, she'd listen. "A-Alright.." She said, looking confused on why he'd leave just like that.

She'd end up being curious, as she looked around his home, wondering if there was anything of interest. Though, she wouldn't stray for too long, not wanting to invade into anything that be considered private to him. She'd simply look at the decor, as she sighed and stood where she was, as she awaited his return.

The walls of the young man's home were filled with simple frames of photos he had taken. Mostly were of nature, of parks and woodland areas he had gone through and visited. There was only one huge protrait dorming the front of the livingroom, a single picture of Milo when he was young, and his parents.

His mother sat on a stool in the middle, her son and husband standing on either side of her. Milo's father's hand, could be seen on his and his wife's shoulder, showing that he was a proud man indeed.

Milo was at the end of the hall of the complex, he knocked on the door several times and then took a step back, pacing to and fro as he was thinking of what to do and what name to give the girl. After a few minutes of waiting, the door could be heard being unlocked and opened. The man stopped, turning to the door and sighed in relief as he saw his friend. "Hey, glad you're still in... I uh.. I need help with something.." He started with a sheepish smile.

The girl seemed rather intrigued by the amount of photographs that were shown right in front of her eyes. She found them quite interested though what caught her attention the most was obviously the portrait that showed Milo and his parents. However the more she looked at it, the more she felt drawn to it, as if it has a nostalgic feeling to it.

Suddenly, she'd hold onto her head with her hand tightly, as her mind would go through an influx of memories once more. It vaguely showed images of silhouettes of people, two tall shadowy figures with their lips moving. Unfortunately, the girl couldn't hear what they were saying and suddenly, the strange beings would walk away suddenly. W-Wait! Don't go! The nameless girl tried to reach out to them, but they keep just going further and further away from her.

"Nnngh..", Her mind would return back to reality, as if nothing had happened. "Just.. what was that?" She asked in a sigh, looking confused, as she'd look back at the huge portrait and back to the front door. She bit her lip lightly, wondering when Milo is going to return. "Where did he go exactly..?" She asked with another sigh, as she continued to look through the portraits. She'd at least smile slightly at the picture with Milo's family in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Milo finally returned through the door, arms crossed over his chest as he gave a look of complete confusion of what to do. With him was a young woman, about a year younger than him or so and with blonde curly locks and blue sparkling eyes. "Is this her?" The woman spoke, gesturing to the nameless girl, looking at the portrait, course their presence entering the room caught her attention. The man just nodded his head and slowly dropped his arms down to his sides, allowing his hand slip into the pockets of his pants.

The young woman looked the girl up and down, shaking her head at what she was wearing. "Oh Milo... Serious, this is the best you can do for this poor girl?" She joked with a smirk. Milo looked at her, "Well, it's not like I have womanly clothing laying around for occassions," he remarked. "Very true," the woman smiled before turning back to the silver haired girl. "Hi, I'm Mary. I'm a friend of Milo's and your name is..?" She asked, awaiting the girl to speak.

Milo looked at the nameless girl, trying to find a name for her. Suddenly, he called out the first name that popped in his head. "Arabella..." He said. Mary turned to look at him, but his eyes stayed on the violet orbs of the silver haired girl, "H-her name is Arabella..." He said, he wasn't sure if it was a good name, but that was the first name that popped in his mind.

The nameless woman would be startled by hearing the front door being opened. Though when she would to try and greet Milo on returning, she didn't expect another person to come with him. She'd take a moment to look at Milo's friend, eyeing at her features. Though she'd be a bit wary, as the silver-haired girl is a bit timid when it comes to new people she meets.

However, when Mary introduced herself, she'd become nervous when asked about her name. Until now, she hasn't remembered what her real name was. When she'd try to speak, she was suddenly surprised that Milo would give her a name on the fly. Hearing the name 'Arabella', she'd try to force a smile and go along with it. "A-Ah yes.. my name is.. Arabella. But I, umm.." She paused, clearing her throat. "I much prefer Bella for short, if you do not mind, Miss Mary." She said, as her violet eyes peeked over towards Milo, giving him a look of thanks in silence.

She'd continue to nervously look over towards Mary, wondering why Milo brought her here. The girl still looked rather silly in Milo's clothing, as such attire was not made nor fit a girl her size at all. "It's nice to, umm, m-meet you." She said, as she'd smile at the blonde woman, hoping she'd buy the fact that her name is actually 'Bella'.

"Ah, Bella.. It's nice to meet you too," Mary smiled. "Aalright, well you looked a bit confused as to why I'm suddenly here. But you see, Milo here is terrible in his taste in clothing," the woman joked, giving a wink to the girl. Milo just rolled his eyes to his friend and ruffled his hair in embarrassment. "So I'm here to help, appropriately dress you. Mind coming with me?" Mary then asked, sticking out a hand to 'Bella'.

Milo started to bite the inside of his cheek, a nervous tick he had, when embarrassed and lost. All he kept repeating in his head was that he wasn't sure what he was going to do with the girl now named, 'Arabella'. He didn't want to just let her leave with no place to go and no memory. He felt drawn to want to help her find out the truth about herself.

As the name Bella was her temporary name, she'd slowly try to learn and etch it into her mind. She was at least thankful that Milo was able to give her a name. As Mary wanted to come with her, she'd eye back at Milo, as she seemed quite nervous and wondered if it was alright to go with her. Reluctantly, her pristine, pale hand would wrap onto Mary's own hand, as the blonde woman didn't seem to be hostile.

"A-Alright.. I think these clothes that Milo have given me don't seem to fit me at all." She'd look at the man and give him a smile, regardless of the circumstances. "But I do t-thank him for trying at least.." She said in a quiet voice, before she'd leave with Mary and allowed her to lead the way.

Mary held on lightly to Bella's hand, feeling it small and delicate in her own. She smiled as the girl spoke of Milo, nodding in agreement that he does try. Milo gave a wry smile to the silver haired girl and nodded his head that it was okay to follow Mary.

The woman of blonde locks then guided Bella out Milo's apartment and down the hall to her own. Upon opening the door, the room was filled with photographs and plants all around. Mary lead the girl in and walked her down to her room and to her closet, "Okay, I have a few things that don't fit me anymore that should fit you... At least for now until Milo can find and afford something else." She spoke, letting go of Bella's hand and rummaging through her clothes.

Milo silently followed both women down the hall and to Mary's apartment. Afterwards though, as the two were in Mary's room, he stayed out in the living room. Sitting on the couch and tapping his feet on the ground as he waited.

Bella would hold tightly onto Mary's hand before she'd end up into her room. She'd peek at Mary before suddenly she'd clutch onto her head once more. Though she'd try not to make it look noticeable. Flashbacks would return within her mind, before she'd find herself looking at yet another silhouette. The silhouette looked to be a woman and she was also picking out clothes as well. Though that memory would be brief before Bella's mind returned back to normal.

"T-Thank you, Miss Mary for helping. I feel bad for causing trouble for you and Milo.." She said in a soft whisper, as she let out a sigh. "Is this really okay for you to do..?" She was worried that she going to be a bother eventually, as she had Milo serving her breakfast and giving her a place to stay for the time being. She'd eventually have to think of a way to repay back all the help she was receiving.

Mary continued to search as she listened to Bella speak, "It's really no problem at all, no need to worry about it," she smiled as she finally found something. "Ah, here, why don't you try these on," she said, handing her a black shirt and tank top, along with a tan long sleeve shirt and stockings. "I'll pack a few other things that you can have as well... I might as well give them to someone than just throw them away you know." She added before turning back to the closet. "You can go ahead and change in here, I won't look, promise." Mary assured as she continued searching.
3fdf864ad0994c7a59dfce821a7550bb.jpg
While waiting, Milo just continued to think of what to do. He wondered where 'Bella' came from, what her real name was, how did she get to the park and where was she before then. He leaned back against the couch and rested his head back, staring up at the ceiling as thoughts wondered.

As Bella was handed the clothes that was received from Mary, she'd give a smile and nodded her in thanks before she'd try on much more suitable clothes for her size. It would take about another five minutes or so, before she'd be finish placing them upon her body. Unlike before, she very much approved of the new clothes that she had received, as they were nice and snug on her body. The colors of the clothing also complimented her hair color as well, so it meshed well together quite easily.

She'd try and get Mary's attention, as she'd call out towards her, "M-Miss Mary? How do I look..?" She called out, giving a rather cute look as she'd even do a small twirl so that the blonde woman can get a better view of the presentation. "I very much prefer these clothes over the ones Milo have given me.." She said, as she'd even giggle softly. But overall, Bella seemed very pleased.

A brief flashback would appear within the girl's mind, as the feminine silhouette would help the girl in her clothing, as Mary was doing right now. The memory would soon fade into darkness, before Bella shook off the quick thought.

Mary looked over and smiled, "My, don't you look adorable.. They do suit you better." She giggled and walked over to fix out a few of the wrinkles. As she helped the girl, she saw her shake her head as if trying to throw off a thought.

"Hey, you okay..?" She asked, blinking at the girl. Mary then looked down at the clothes to fix them again, "I'll pack the other clothes so you can have something else to wear instead of the same clothes.. There's even pajamas I found for you." She told her.

"Milo isn't that great at speaking out to people so if he acts awkward and silent, don't take it wrong okay..?" Mary smiled gently to Bella. "Now then, ready to show Milo a better you.?" She winked.

Bella's cheeks glowed a faint pink when she was complimented on the clothes that she was wearing. When asked about shaking off her thoughts, she'd instead try to force a smile towards Mary, "A-Ah, don't worry.. I didn't get much sleep but it's nothing really!" She reassured the woman, before smiling happily of being handed more clothes from the lady. "T-Thank you, I'll make sure to put them to good use, Miss Mary!"

When she was told about Milo's tendencies of being silent and awkward around people, she blinked as she didn't seem to realize that he acted that way. But as Mary was someone that she can trust, she'd nod at her, "O-Okay.. I'll try to keep that in mind. But why is he like that? And yes, I'm ready~" She said, as she was rather eager to show Milo her new attire.

Mary had a slight frown, hearing the girl trying to cover up whatever she was thinking, but didn't push the issue as it wasn't any of her business. The woman gained back her smile as Bella thanked her, "You're very welcome, as I know you will."

With that she stood straight and nodes her head proudly, "Alrighty then! Let's show Milo!" She said and walked to the bedroom door, she gestured to Bella to stay behind her and stay quiet as they both walked to the livingroom where Milo was still spacing at the ceiling.

"Ookay Milo, she's all ready!!~" Mary called in a sing-along tone. The dark burnette man flinched forward, coming from his daydream and blinked over to where Mary stood with Bella behind her back. He kept his face calm, giving off his usual aloof expression most people see on him, underneath that though, he was curious how the silver haired girl looked now.

While she did trust Mary, she didn't want her to get involved in the problems she was experiencing. The sudden flashbacks and thoughts that were occurring within her mind would cause a lot of trouble for the blonde lady. And the worst part, she wasn't quite sure if Mary would understand that Bella didn't know her real name or where she came from in the first place.

When it was time to finally show her new attire, she'd give a rather cute look as her hands were twiddling behind her back. Her cheeks glowed a faint pink, as her violet eyes looked towards the man who was lost in his own thoughts not too long ago. "H-Hello Milo.. what do you think? How do I look? Do I look a whole lot b-better?" She asked timidly, as she'd even give a small twirl to show off her new appearance.

Once more, however, she'd experience another flashback, this time she was surrounded by not only the feminine silhouette but by another one as well. This time, it was a masculine figure and it was a lot more taller. They were sitting nearby a couch and would praise Bella and clap in approval towards her clothes as well. The memory soon faded, as Bella would try to hide this fact from the two. Though, would Mary be fooled twice in a row?

Mary stepped to the side, allowing the man to see Bella in her new attire. Milo's eyes went from a blank look to ones of amazment. A slight tint of pink crossed his fair cheeks as he heard the silver haired girl's timid voice and cute expression. "T-they look wonderful on you..." He suttered out at first. "Do I know how to pick them or what?!" Mary chimed in, proudly and giggled as she looked over to Bella. She noticed the girl flinch again, but didn't say a word or let her smile drop.

Turning back to Milo as he stood from the couch, she called over, "Well, since you're up, be a gentleman and follow me so you can carry the other clothes for Bella." The man blinked at the blonde, "Oh...? Y-you gave her more clothes?" He asked, surprised. "Well of course silly!" Mary said, "Bella, why don't you wait right here, we'll be right back." She said before heading back toward her bedroom. As Milo started to pass Bella, he gave a gentle smile to her, he thought she looked much better in the new clothes than in his. Very pretty, he had thought.

In Mary's room, she had already finished pack the clothes and sighed as the man finally came in. "Milo, what have you gotten yourself in to?" She asked, concerned. He looked at her with surprise, "What are you talking about..?" He questioned back. "That girl, Bella.. What's with her?" Mary said. Milo rubbed at his neck, "I-it's hard to explain, she's just going through something and needed a place to stay.." He said, hoping Mary would just let it go. The blonde grumbled and handed the bag to him. He sighed a bit in relief and retrived the bag, "Thanks for the help Mary.." He told her.

"Yeah, yeah... Remember you owe me though." She told him. "Give me the details later..." Milo said, rolling his eyes and turned to get back to Bella.

Bella clapped in delight, as she seemed rather pleased that Milo liked her new wardrobe. It seemed to suit her quite well, as the colors really did compliment her hair and skin complexion. "Miss Mary is good at picking clothes. Thank you once more!" She cried out, as the girl was truly grateful for what the blonde lady has done. However, when she was told to stay put and wait, she'd nod and simply stay where she was.

Bella didn't really do much as she waited for the two, as she'd simply just oogle at her clothes, humming softly as she did so. When she caught sight of Milo, she'd walk up to him with a very happy and upbeat smile. "Milo, I really love these new clothes~" She said, as the man would find that the girl at this moment was a bundle of bubbliness and joy. Though, as Mary seemed suspicious on what Milo's involvement with the girl, things would eventually become more complicated, as he has to investigate on where and what Bella had come from.

Mary looked at the two from her bedroom doorway, seeing a new expression on the girl's face. Milo stopped in front of the girl as she gave an upbeat smile and said that she really loved the clothes that his friend had picked out for her. "Well I'm glad you do, seems she packed you a small closet here," he said, gesturing to the bag that Mary had packed with clothes for her. "That'll probably only last for the rest of the week, so you might want to go shopping with her soon to get her more. Depending on how long you two last," Mary said, coming up to the side of the two.

Milo looked at her in confusiong, "How long we last? What are you on about now?" He asked. "Oh come on, how long do you two think this secret relationship is going to remain secret?" Mary said, placing her hand on her hips and smirking at the couple. The man immediately turned red, "W-what are you talking about?! W-we're n-not together!" He said, embarrassed by his friend in front of Bella. "Sure, whatever you to say... Your faces say another story," she winked.

Giving up on trying to explain, Milo turned with his red face to Bella, "W-why should get back to the house, I think I left the door unlocked.." He told her and headed to Mary's front door.

Bella continued to become rather upbeat and bubbly, and even more so when she even have more clothes at her disposal. Though as she eyed Mary teasing Milo to the point of embarrassment, she'd become a bit flustered. "O-Oh.. M-Miss Mary, Milo is just.. helping me with my problems. I want to apologize for not m-mentioning that to you. I've been, umm.." She paused, as the girl didn't like to lie and for some reason, it made her feel awful inside. However, Mary wouldn't understand the full circumstance, at least for the time being.

"It's been really rough.. but Milo has been a great help!" She turned to look at him, and gave him a very warm smile. If it weren't for him, she'd probably not last long if she continued to stay in the heavy rain. When he mentioned about returning his home, she'd nod as she would stand right beside him. "A-Are you going to be okay, Milo..?" She asked, as Mary did mention that he can be awkward at times.

The blonde tried hard to keep from laughing at how the two rambled with their flustered looks. Though as hard as they tried to explain, she would just fan them off, perhaps they'll figure things out about each other more clearly in later times. She watched from livingroom as they made their way out her door and back up the hall. A smile still on her face.

Milo sighed as they drew closer to his apartment, turning his head to Bella as she asked if he was going to be okay. "Yes, I'll be fine, M-Mary can sometimes be a bit much is all," he smiled to assure her. When they got to the door, he opened it wide, allowing the girl to go through first before following behind and closing it. Placing the bag on the couch, Milo looked up at the wall where the portrait of his family was and looked beside it at the clock.

"I have photography class in two hours... I'd feel bad leaving you here alone, especially since we are still pretty much strangers to each other..." He started, turning his head back to Bella. "Would you... Want to come with me to class..? M-maybe afterwards, we can go to the police station to see if we can find out any information on you.." He suggested.

Bella waved goodbye to the helpful woman before she'd walk along with Milo. She was a still a bit flustered as she wouldn't say anything until they got back. Though when he noticed Milo taking a quick glance of his family portrait, she'd speak up and point towards it, "Is that really you, Milo..? And your.." She paused before trying to find the right word. Suddenly, flashbacks returned to her mind when the portrait of the people would be replaced with the two silhouettes that she had seen before within her mind. She'd snap out of it, before she'd whisper the next word. "Parents."

Her smile soon faded into an expression of sadness, as Bella seemed very drawn to the family portrait. It could leave a clue or two on why the silver-haired girl found the picture frame so interesting. At this point, Bella would somewhat remember that the two silhouettes that has been plaguing her mind.. were her parents, maybe. She continued to stare into the frame, as if she was stuck in a trance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back