[Lords of Creation] The Ubiquitous OOC Thread

Yup, I'll have a starting game thread for you later today.

Oh, if anyone's uncomfortable with issues like institutionalised sexism or ruthless exploitation of the poor and outcast, let me know now. The West isn't the nicest place in Creation for women or beggars. I won't stop any characters rising above such injustices, but it will colour the game somewhat.

Oh, and I swear. A lot. There's probably a sequence in the Irish Gene for it. Just letting you know.

Psssht. I swear like a sailor, Revya is probably pretty foul and a tad coarse given her background, and why would we be in the west if we didn't have a hankering for pirates and horrible people?

I mean. Starting in Bluestone miiiiiiight not be our best option, but most of the rest of the west is probably good. And being that far out of the way means more reaction time for the Wyld hunt.

The west sounds fine with me. Sorry for the delay, I was driving for 10 hrs yesterday. >.< I found a copy of Oadenol's, and yeah, I just want to look through it. I heard it had some new crafting charms and more details on the process for crafting. Also, I am also female and playing a female character. :)

lol, i think i can handle it. It might make good character development.

Also, sweet another female party member that Kain can hit on at first, till you threaten to beat his ass sideways.

Devlin said:
lol, i think i can handle it. It might make good character development.
Also, sweet another female party member that Kain can hit on at first, till you threaten to beat his ass sideways.
Mmmm, character development. Revya's just gotten a new lease on life since being Exalted and booted out of the merc company a day or two ago, so I think she'll have a lot of that coming up, whether she lieks it or not

Bah, I was dragged off to a sudden birthday party and didn't get to post. Coming up soon, I swear.

Right, it is, as the young kids do say, "on".

I'm dumping you all in Azure, in the Coral Archipelago. Tough, rather capitalistic place. It's not officially a Realm satrapy or protectorate, so while the Realm more or less leaves them alone, the Sea Lord does send regular, valuable gifts to the Empress which are clearly not tribute. You'll find a few Realm Dynasts almost everywhere you go though.

Anyway, feel free to post. I'll pop in every now and then with results of attempted actions and bits of plot and such. If you look at any of the other games going on on this site you'll know how it goes. Enjoy.

Sorry 'bout that. My net's been down with a combination of a party that lasted from 9pm - 3am and then a block party the very next day. I'm not on my computer, but I do have some question before i post my character which I'll get to (hopefully) byt he end of today.

SUPER COOL STORY BRO

Now that I've finally gotten Revya's Behavior and Trivia sections done well enough that I have a slightly better idea of the character, I'll probably poast sometime this afternoon once I talk to Dev and we decide exactly how he accosts me. Or vice versa. Whatever. POLEAXES MAY BE INVOLVED.

Gragh, a rather nasty throat infection has taken me in the last 12 hours. Internet access may be a bit... Irregular. Please stand by.

I went beyond the impossible alright. 10 doctors later (unless the 3 consultants count double points?) and they're still not sure. Go Team Mutant!

Anyway, the fact that they let me out of hospital proves it's not serious (or at least not serious enough) so I'm around again for the most part. Carry on, people.

Sarky said:
I went beyond the impossible alright. 10 doctors later (unless the 3 consultants count double points?) and they're still not sure. Go Team Mutant!
Anyway, the fact that they let me out of hospital proves it's not serious (or at least not serious enough) so I'm around again for the most part. Carry on, people.
Maybe you'll turn into Toad and get the superpower of a long sticky tongue and hacking up balls of phlegm?

(Uh, if it matters, I used http://feacia.com/diceRoller/index.php. Also, can/do I reply to Kain yet, or are we waiting for the results of dev+my rolls?)
I'll keep the clutter out of the IC threads by replying here.

Feel free to talk and describe little actions while the rolls are going on, it keeps a litle story going all the time. Choice of dice-roller doesn't bother me, get your bag of d10s out at home and roll them if you prefer. I'm sure I don't need to make any speeches on honesty or anything like that.

Sarky said:
(Uh, if it matters, I used http://feacia.com/diceRoller/index.php. Also, can/do I reply to Kain yet, or are we waiting for the results of dev+my rolls?)
I'll keep the clutter out of the IC threads by replying here.

Feel free to talk and describe little actions while the rolls are going on, it keeps a litle story going all the time. Choice of dice-roller doesn't bother me, get your bag of d10s out at home and roll them if you prefer. I'm sure I don't need to make any speeches on honesty or anything like that.
Alright, that works well enough for me. I got lucky anyways and rolled a slightly-above-average roll with that 10, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of 1s soon enough given my luck with these accursed ebony and ivory cubes.

LOL I'M LIKE A POET EXCEPT NOT

Sorry internet was down, its being pretty fickle the last few days. Anyways, I'm going to just not roll and assume i didn't get it.

You know something's wrong when the group's least socially adept warrior is trying to play the mediator, but I guess Revya just seems to be an exercise in going beyond the impossible and kicking reason to the curb. I like how she's reacting, though - it seems pretty natural based on her character, and I wouldn't have thought her capable of doing it before now.

At this rate, the first session's XP is going to go to her charisma/Socialize ability -_- wannabe valkyries need to be able to be persuasive, right?

EDUT: and just as a random-ass status update, dev's net is still crap, but he should be around tomorrow.

So, I was noticing that other characters seem to use peripheral motes for artifact attunement costs. How does that work with the anima display total if you use further actions? I'm thinking maybe this is the way to go since personal seems nice to have at full...

Committing peripheral motes doesn't cause anima flare. Only spending them. Handy to know when you want to have "invisible" motes to spend later.

Oh. Totally forgot to ask this, but Sarky, would Aeroulus require a charm or a specialty in order to use both his swords in combat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back