• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Looking to start getting into D&D

cheshirekitt

I'd take a monster to prom
So uh, hey, the name is Saffron/Saff/Cheshire/Chesh/whatever the hell you wanna call me, and I and possibly some friends of mine are kind of looking into playing D&D.

Be it online or in person (Around about the Birmingham area in the UK), we’d love to try it out. We need a DM to show us the ropes of how to play and maybe guide us through our first game, maybe some other people if anyone wants to join and idk just some general good humour.

Things have been stressful, dark and just real down lately and the one thing that’s been cheering me up has been listening to The Adventure Zone podcast, it’s inspired me to make this post and really I’d just love to be involved in something as fun and good natured as that campaign.

So uh if you’re down to show a bunch of noobs the time of their life/how to actually play and make character sheets, then just reply or send a message because honestly it would make my day and my friends would find it pretty cool too!

I am indeed a noob to DnD as well and highly suggest listening to the Dungeon and Randomness podcast, it's pretty hilarious. I also live in the UK in Yorkshire. I'm already in a dice based rp but it isn't like DnD.

Hi! I might be interested in something one off and also could I ask would it be PBP or actually voice?

I can DM If no one else is, I'm great with new players. I dm for quite a few of them

I'm also a complete beginner to D&D, and would love to find someone to guide me through a game or something similar ^^
I'm online at least once a day :P
(Currently reading through the hopelessly long guide on how to play it on a website xD)

Hey, so i'm not sure if this is still open, but i've got about half a year of d&d 5e experience under my belt. I'm not the most experienced person, but i'd be happy to join as a player or even a DM and help with some of the basics (also heck yeah TAZ is great, it's what got me into d&d as well!)

... Why don't you just buy a players handbook? It explains everything except DMing ... Which, in turn, is explained in the dungeon masters guide ... Also, if you do that you're supporting the creators.

I'm up for a D&D group, I've got experience with 5e and I've had some great fun DMing my current campaign in 5e. I recommend discord for D&D but I'm willing to try anything, playing or DMing. I could also teach anyone who needs it to play.

(BTW, TAZ is my favorite!)

i know the basics of most editions of D&D. i know enough to get by as a player and know enough to offer advice and evaluate whether or not some restrictions are fine to waive.

as my proposal to any willing GM. i don't care what wizard spells an Eldritch Knight or Arcane Trickster picks with their spells from those Archetypes. even if they violate the school restrictions because those were flavor more than balance, and there a lot of spells outside of those schools that could be applied to those themes.

if you want detect secret doors, shield and mage armor as an arcane trickster or want magic weapon, detect magic and charm person as an eldritch knight, i would be fine with it as long as you met the spell level requirements because the spells known and spells per day are already a balancing factor for those archetypes.

school restrictions don't really balance those two archetypes as much as they limit diversity. i would keep the spells per day, spells known and spell level restrictions intact, but remove the school restrictions, mostly to represent similar variant concepts like a spellcloak and the like, that were less tricksters and more spies and detectives. or to represent things like ninja.

So I hear you're looking to do some DnD... I only know 5e and can only do online gameplay (which might be best, makes it easier to organize) but I can definitely do some DMing or playing as a character. I'd love it if this would happen soon because I've been itching for a new game of DnD. Are you still doing this?

cheshirekitt cheshirekitt

i don't know enough to DM, but i know enough to offer advice to newbies and advocate on their behalf. i'm usually never a primary DM, but i am usually that player with insight on how to make the DM's job easier or how to arrange player compromises.

i have played too many Arcane Tricksters and Am Kind of Burnt out on the Archetype. mostly because illusion and enchantment are very exhausting schools of magic and making illusions and enchantments a viable technique literally consumes large amounts of energy. so i want to play my next character a bit more straightforward. i mean, i can do lots of things with a half elf or variant human via reskins. illusions and enchantments require a lot of finangling to make effective though i would kill for the release of playing a simple and straightforward fighter. maybe even a dexterity fighter that happens to be a blade dancer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back