• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Looking for Stranger Things!

AvianJen

dustin drumroll.gif

Hello there!

With all the hype about Season 3, I'm finding myself craving another Stranger Things roleplay! This is one of my favorite fandoms to roleplay because of the huge cast of characters and their interesting, entwined relationships, and I enjoy writing just about all of them. I'm looking for a crazy awesome roleplay that explores one or more of the many unfinished storylines in the show and of course, all the pairings! Jopper, Mileven, Jancy, Lumax, and Steve with...somebody who deserves him. I have so many ideas! I love these characters and I just want to write stories for them.

chill gif.gif

I'm chill. Anyways, I'm looking for a detailed, dedicated roleplayer who feels comfortable writing canon characters and side characters. Because of the ensemble nature of the show and the entwined relationships of the characters I'd like to include all of them in some capacity, but we can definitely choose a couple relationships to focus on. Ideally I'd like to pick up in 1985, the year Season 3 takes place in. We can have it take place after the events of Season 3 as well, but y'know, we'll just have to make some minor changes or be a little extra creative :P No spoilers here, promise.

I'm not opposed to OC's, but I will expect you to write canon characters!

We can do the characters one of two ways, both of which I've done and had a ton of fun with! One option is to pick a pairing or two and focus on them, but share the other characters as the story needs them. The other option is to literally divide the entire cast, which is a little more intense. This is actually really fun if you enjoy juggling multiple characters, it just requires some chess-like maneuvering to make sure all the pairings are split. But with this method, we would still probably focus in on a few main characters. I won't add any OC's of my own unless the plot requires it, but you're welcome to! If you have any other ideas for the characters I'm also very open to that. In regards to the canon characters, I'm not perfect and I'm not going to be mad if you aren't either. Just try your best to capture them and I'll do the same.

With that out of the way... About Me/Expectations

• Age: I'm 21, but I don't expect this roleplay to be any mature than the show itself. Therefore, if you watch the show that's good enough for me!​
  • Availability: Life happens, and I'm pretty patient. But every few days would be great! Obviously post length and story will affect this as well. I try to give a heads up if I'll be gone for a while.​
  • Format: 3rd person, past tense. Your writing doesn't have to be perfect, but please no text slang or anything like that. I'm too lazy to code or anything, but you're welcome to.​
  • Post Length: I can write really long posts, especially when I get into bantering with side characters. If you're into that, awesome, if not, that's cool too! 3-4 paragraphs is great.​
  • OOC Chat: Love it! I love brainstorming, and I'd love to chat about the new season even if you don't want to RP :P
  • Pet Peeves: Kind of already touched on this but, being ghosted, being the only one doing the brainstorming/writing side characters or moving the story along by myself. I would rather my partners occasionally control my character in a minor way to push the story forward than just react to my posts and leave me to come up with all the new material. And if there's something in our roleplay you don't like, please tell me! I've had many awesome roleplays stem from either myself or my partner expressing concerns, it honestly works almost every time. We're here to have fun, it should be exciting to reply and not feel like a chore!​

Romantic Pairings (italics is my preferred role if I have one, the asterisks mark my favorites):

Hopper x Joyce
Mike x Eleven**
Lucas x Max*
Nancy x Jonathan*
Steve x OC

Platonic Pairings:

Hopper x Eleven*
Dustin x Steve*
Will x Eleven
Mike x Will
Max x Eleven**
Steve x Robin
Eleven x OC "Siblings"**

I'd be okay with making Steve and Robin romantic as well. And I 100% ship Jopper, but it does work better as a side thing so I'd definitely double up with that one! Also, any romantic interactions between the kids will be kept 100% PG, just like it is in the show unless they're aged up to 18+.

That's all I've got, much appreciated if you made it this far! If you're interested in writing samples or anything, here is a link to a random little ST fanfic I did after being really emotional from Season 2, haha. I don't require any writing samples from you, so no worries there. Feel free to comment or shoot me a PM if you want to brainstorm! I'm pretty flexible and open to ideas, as I said I love to brainstorm! Can't wait to get some fun roleplays going!

steve gif.gif

Last edited:
Oh, you've definitely got my attention!!! I've been looking for a good ST rp... And we share ships. Yasss
Okay so, I'm 20, almost 21.i can reply usually every other to every day, same format, 2-4 paragraphs per focused character, and I love writing Nancy, Joyce, Steve, and Max the most, but will literally attempt anyone except Jonathan or Billy!

Ahh perfect!! I love writing Hopper, Lucas, and Jonathan and can’t write Nancy or Joyce super well so that works out amazingly! I’ll send ya a message when I get off work! :)

OMG I'm so in the Stranger Things hype rn because of the new season coming. If you'd be open to focusing on two couples at once, I would love to do Joyce x Hopper, as well as Steve x OC! I have someone prepared as well so we can get right down to it if you're still accepting partners.

Let me know if you're interested!

OMG I'm so in the Stranger Things hype rn because of the new season coming. If you'd be open to focusing on two couples at once, I would love to do Joyce x Hopper, as well as Steve x OC! I have someone prepared as well so we can get right down to it if you're still accepting partners.

Let me know if you're interested!

For sure! I'll message you in a few minutes! :)

What do you have left open? I'd love to be the OC for Steve!

Bumping up, because I just finished Season 3 and need an outlet! <3 Yes, I watched it very quickly. If you're not done (or haven't started) the new season no worries, I won't spoil it for ya and I'd still love to plan something!

And if you forgot that it came out today, here's your friendly reminder! :D

Reviving this thread! It's my day off and I don't have anything to reply to atm so looking for something fun! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back