• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for someone to share in an Adventure

Grimmdom

Blacksmith
Evening, volks. I'm an Old Man when it comes to this world of role-playing, and for a long time now have been drifting on a creaky boat of life and boring backstories. Use to have such a passion for it all until it became more of a competition than an immersion. I mean, back in my day, something something trenches something war lost a leg blah blah blah. Basically, I'm looking to step back into a more superversive journey, and maybe find some friends along the way. Most of the ones I use to know either got their degree, had kids, or went to go live in a van down by the river.

So, who the hell am I? I'm a veteran role-player of at least 16 years of battle, fantasy, and storytelling. I'm very traditional in a retrospective way with a love of all things fantasy or Sci Fi; and a deep dislike (not quite hatred) of the modernized, Otaku obsessed culture that has seeped into practically everything. Not that I don't like anime, but it got old real fast even when I was a teen. At the same time, I like an edge to stories that create an atmosphere of consequence without crossing that line of excessive brooding, melodrama, or pointless smut (i.e. Tits and Dragons AKA Game of Thrones).

Adventure is what I seek, as well as the perseverance to overcome challenges, find truths of the soul, and the joy that comes with a proper ending.

But what kind of adventures, you ask?! Well, you dirty flirts, since you asked so impatiently, they are:

Fantasy (Low to High)

Sci Fi (Usually with an element of fantasy in them)

Dark Fantasy (Think 'Berserk')

Historical Fantasy (Think '13th Warrior')

Space Opera

Alternative Histories

Mythological Fantasies

Any Dice-Rolling D&D

Superhero (Non-Cannon)

The Golden Girls vs. ALF Battle Royale (Wait, what?!)

As for plots, uh, don't really have any. For 1x1's, we can just throw something together. For groups, if it interest me I'll jump right in.

Now, as for any requirements:

Minimum

• Intermediate writing skill. (Coherent enough. 2+ Paragraphs in detail.)
  • Cooperative personality.
  • Not easily offended.
  • Preferably 18+, unless mature for ones' age.
  • Post or Reply (in PM) at least 3 times a week.

Preferred but not Absolutely Required

• Advanced writing skill. (Understands conflict, interactions, and momentum. 4+ Paragraphs.)
  • 5+ Years of Role-playing Experience
  • Creates 3-Dimensional Characters
  • Likes Similar Genres
  • Active on forums.

Like...I can't Even. Just No.

• Otaku/Weebo obsessed.
  • MxM or FxF Plots.
  • Likes vampires-that-aren't-really-vampires.
  • Eats Kale.

Anyway, right now I'm looking for traditional fantasy plots or RP's, most of which allow me to play a dwarf (or half-dwarf). Don't worry, I'm a natural RP'er. Very dangerous across short distances.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very interested in this. I've been roleplaying before I even knew that I was roleplaying, and I've been described by roleplay partners as a detailed roleplayer. I usually average about 300 to 500 words per post, though my last few posts have for some reason been hitting about 700.

Going by your post, you seem to have years of experience, and I think I could probably learn quite a lot from you if we do end up roleplaying together.

HuorSpinks said:
I'm very interested in this. I've been roleplaying before I even knew that I was roleplaying, and I've been described by roleplay partners as a detailed roleplayer. I usually average about 300 to 500 words per post, though my last few posts have for some reason been hitting about 700.
Going by your post, you seem to have years of experience, and I think I could probably learn quite a lot from you if we do end up roleplaying together.
Excellent. Sounds promising. What're you interested in right now?

Leonarc said:
Excellent. Sounds promising. What're you interested in right now?
Mainly fantasy, sci-fi and historical fantasy. But I daresay historical fantasy would be a bit difficult if we both have different time periods in mind. But yes, those three are my top picks at this point in time.

15830-fail-thread-bump.gif

eyyy! Sup fam.  I'm back for some high plots in dis land of agrarian lots, taking shots with my 9 mil katana on your nefarious yachts, while stealin ya twerking thots like a metal rod eatin ya wattz.

Btoom! Ya can't stop me! Bumpin my dead thread like exploding sunspots, dere plus and da minus poles gettin' ready to pop some astronauts...down into their Sheol where their suits can release their farts.

And no, I'm not high. I'm just tryin to smoke my words through a pipe into your thoughts. And maybe if dig the beat, I can be your dragon and you can be muh pete.

Word.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back