• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Looking for some DnD inspired shenanigans

Kwillz

Bardic Inspiration
Hi there! My name is Kwillz(y) and if there’s anything you should know about me is that I LOVE dungeons and dragons. After getting into DnD shows like Critical Role, I’ve been in love with dice and fantasy worlds. I’ve made a group with some irl friends but because it’s so hard to get together and play, I’m in search of someone to help fill the void (also I’m the DM and I just want to play some characters for once.

So what I’m looking for isn’t exactly just a DnD group (obviously bc this is the 1X1 section). Instead I’m looking for someone to play a fantasy rp similar to that of a campaign. We would each be playing multiple characters (say 2 or maybe 3) who would all be a part of a campgain. No proper DM, no dice, no set plot per se, just our characters on adventures and growing together (bc character development is my jam). Things will get silly, things will get serious. I honestly want this to just be a fun and exciting experience for both of us. We could plan in advance or just wing it as we go. Maybe over time we go through different arcs for each character, who knows? Now, why not just make this a group rp you may ask? Well I stopped doing group rps a while ago bc 1) they fall apart way too easily and 2) things will progress much quicker this way. So if want to rp this, you should be able to double. Note that you need NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN DND, that is simply the source of inspiration I’m hopping off of. If you can rp fantasy, you should be fine.

Ideas I have already for my characters for your reference:
- A half-elf blood hunter (based on the class by Matt Mercer) formerly part of a cult but has no idea it was a cult oops
- An animal tested on by some warlock/witch that has gained sentience (think something like rocket raccoon)
- A BARD. Need I say more? (If you couldn’t tell, I LOVE B A R D S. Hands down my favorite class)

Also here are some guidelines and stuff. You should read them.
  • The best way to keep me interested is to respond regularly. I ask that you be active enough. I should be able to crank at least one reply a day if not more. Tell me when if you will be gone for a prolonged period of time or I’ll assume you’ve dropped the RP.
  • I’m still under 18. As much as I’d like partners closer to my age, I’m used to older partners. But I’m aware people are conscious about rping with minors. I’ll tell you now I consider myself mature enough to hold my own.
  • Have decent grammar, third person, write at least a paragraph. My average post is 3 paragraphs but I can be more detailed. Please no one-liners, they make me cry.
  • I play any gender and pairing. Romance for this is optional. But if you want some romance I ask that you we add some variety and don’t just make it all MxF or all MxM y’know?
  • You should be willing to double as I mentioned before.
  • Romance is great but no smut or anything NSFW. I don’t play romances super saucy but if it really comes to it fade to black. No real triggers on my end. If you have any just let me know.
  • You should be able to handle some darker themes considering the setting of this plot. I also love some good angst because I’m lame like that.
  • PMs over threads and by that I mean I really don’t do threads. As of now I don’t rp off-site.
  • I’m fine with OOC chat. If you want my discord for ooc I will be happy to provide it.
  • I go by EST. I honestly don’t care what time zone you’re in.
  • WE’RE IN THIS TOGETHER. PLEASE DON’T FORCE ME TO CARRY THIS WHOLE RP ON MY BACK. Have ideas, I want to hear them. Be willing to help world build and add to the experience.
  • Don’t be a jerk, we’re here for fun. ;)

PM or comment if this catches your fancy! I will only take one partner for now (sorry, I just can’t handle doing too many

Last edited:
Have you. Listened to TAZ? Did TAZ help inspire this because I need some things with the general attitude of TAZ in my life. I need magic elevators and Fantasy Costco please.

Have you. Listened to TAZ? Did TAZ help inspire this because I need some things with the general attitude of TAZ in my life. I need magic elevators and Fantasy Costco please.

I guess you could say so. :) I’ve listened to some of TAZ, but CR has kind of taken up most of my time so I’ve yet to listen to most of it. I really love it though! The McElroys are great and love indulging myself in all the great animations that come from the community.

Oh same!

But yeah, I have quite a few characters that don't get enough love because I only have so many groups.

There's my human wizard, who's a fantasy cop but also the complete antithesis to everything a cop stereotypically is. He's like a puppy on two legs he gets really excited about solving crimes and tracking down clues.

There's my aarakocra sorcerer, who decided they wanted to punch things but forgot monks were a thing so they instead use sorcerer magic to punch good. There's a bit more to them than that but they're just really fun to play.

There's my dragonborn whose class is honestly up in the air, but they were basically from a noble elven family but died. But someone used the reincarnate spell on them so they're alive but have no way to prove that they belong to a noble family so they're constantly trying to prove their inheritance.

I have a few others or could make someone special for this, but those are the ones off the top of my head I'd love to play them (especially the dragonborn) and see how they mesh with yours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back