• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for Partner (Has 'Little' Plot Idea)

AgentFire

Supporter
Hello, all you lovely people. It's a me, AgentFire.

And I am back at it again, with a craving for an RP. Now, I want to try a new spin on one of my classic plot ideas, but as always, I need to introduce you to my creatures first. Because, well, they are the main plot point.

Minis

Alright folks, Minis are a creature of my own design. While I admit I am not the person who first had the idea of small beings, I do in fact claim the rights to this particular brand of small beings. Because, aside from the obvious idea that they are small, I have been working with them for years, constantly adapting them to plots, making them easier to work with, and trying my best to smooth out the rough edges. So without further adieu, let's get into everything that makes Minis, well, Minis.

Size

Okay, so obviously this is a big part (pun intended xD ) of them. Their size is around the size of a common ant. Basically, if you're just a normal human, you could see them if you squint hard enough. And if they're touching something the same color as them, you're not going to notice them at all. Now, a lot of people, and I mean, a lot of people ask this question - "Well, can they become human size?" And the answer, put simply, is No. To explain a little more, while I could allow them through magic, or science, or something to that respect, that destroys the entire idea. I mean, if they could be human size, what's the point of ever going back to your original size. And yes, I could put restrictions, like they can only become big on the full moon, or only at 2:23 AM for 4.3 hours, etc. But then that just get's way too complicated to keep track of, and it all becomes incredibly messy. So while I understand there may be frustration because of this, just keep reading, as I offer an alternative coming up.

Endurance

Several aspects of Minis fall under this category. Most importantly, you're not going to go, "Oh no!!!", accidentally step on one, and splat. I know that the idea of small beings makes people feel like they need to treat them like they're super duper fragile. And while I can understand a character doing that at first, it should be known to the person behind the character, they're not fragile. At all. You see, rather than being made up of bones and organs, the Mini body is simultaneously more complex and simpler than the human body. Now, they do look like humans, except for well, size, but on the inside, they're a lot different. They're bodies consist of a clay like substance that allows their bodies to function as normal, but also be extremely malleable. In other words, say you do step on one, or something. Rather than them just staying in their human shape, they'll actually flatten and conform to their surroundings. So they'd become as flat as the space underneath your character's foot. When they are free from the foot, all they have to do is breathe in a lot of air, and they'll return to their human shape. Speaking of air, they do not need air, nor do they need food or water. While they can breathe, as well as eat and drink, it is completely not required. Now then, let's get into temperatures, and everything like that. Their skin can easily withstand the hottest lava in existence, as well as the most frigid arctic waters/temperatures. Suffice it to say, Minis are nearly invincible. Of course, every well designed species has a way of dying, and Minis are no exception. There are two ways for Minis to die. To kill them, you must pierce their body all the way through with gold. The other way, is at around 100 years old, similar to the longest living humans, Minis will die of natural causes. Despite that fact, they are immune to diseases.

Special Abilities

Last, but most certainly not least, is the special abilities that Minis have. While as of current, they only have two, these two abilities can be mighty powerful. First of all, if a Mini's bare skin is touching either another Mini's bare skin, or a human's bare skin, then the Mini can open a line of communication to the other party. This comes through in the way of thought. So while it's similar to telepathy, there needs to be a physical connection for this to work. Since a Mini's voice is so small, compared to a human's, this is often the only way they'll really be able to communicate. Now as for the second ability, this sort of ties into the first, and it also is the alternative mentioned earlier. If under the same conditions, I.E., bare skin is touching bare skin, with both parties willing, they can both enter a day dream world. This world, is very vivid, making everything feel real. However, we're not following the rules of, if you die there, you die in real life. Death will simply kick you out of the dream. In any case, both parties are there together, and they can be in whatever form they choose. I.E., while in this world, the two characters can be of the same size. They have the power to control the world, however this world draws from the subconscious, as much as the conscious mind. So your character can't always control what appears...

And with that out of the way, I can move along to the plot.

So, I usually have a basic dynamic of a Mini and an Unaware 'Giant' meeting. However, I need something new and fresh, so I'm throwing out something completely different here.

Plot Idea

In a world, where Minis and Humans have co-existed, with each species respecting and helping each other, my guy is friends with your girl. My guy is a Mini, while your girl is a Human. They've known each other for a very long time, since childhood, so they know how to interact with each other. That being said, despite their friendship, your girl's parents are against Mini equality, and they personally believe that Minis should be enslaved to Humans. They've reluctantly allowed the friendship, although it's very obvious they show a disliking towards my guy and his family... When a group of like minded people start causing a rift between the two species, will their friendship hold together, or will they be tore apart. And could there possibly be more than just friendship there???

So yes, rather than them not knowing each other, why not have them be good friends. If you're interested, I have this little list of things, that I don't want to call rules or requirements, but they're highly recommended.

1. I'm looking for a literate, semi-advanced roleplayer. What I mean by this is, somebody who uses proper grammar, and has very few typos in their posts, as well as somebody who can give me roughly 1-2 paragraphs per post.

2. I'm looking for somebody able to be active multiple times a day. When I really get into a roleplay, I like to post as much as possible. So the more active the better. Obviously, if you can't be, just let me know, and I am understanding. I will in turn, let you know if for whatever reason I cannot be active.

3. I'm looking for a female. I'm sorry, but this plot is exclusive to females, because honestly, I cannot write for one, and I don't particularly enjoy MxM. And yes, this plot, I am intending for romance to be a part of it, although maybe not the main point.

4. I'm looking for somebody who is okay with not having a character sheet. Personally, for me, I'd rather describe my character in the roleplay, as opposed to on a sheet. Because, after all, my character will change a lot from their sheet, by the end, I'm sure.

5. Finally, I'm looking for a friend. Roleplaying, at least to me, isn't just about writing posts for characters, on and on. It's about meeting new people, making friends, and creating a story that has heart in it. So, ideally, alongside the RP, I'm hoping we can keep up an OOC conversation, and get to know each other, goof around, and develop wonderful ideas about where to go :D

So, if you're still interested, than please leave a post below, and I'll start a PM with you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back