• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for long-term RP partners! [plots & pairings inside!] [ignore prefix] [Closed]

Iridescence

Film and book geek
- Currently Closed -

Howdy! I'm Iridescence and I'm on the search for a long term role play partner! I absolutely love fantasy, science fiction and magical realism plots. Basically, my favourite role plays involve magic/ powers, well-developed characters, adventures, quests, action and perhaps some romance. I also enjoy both 'fluff' and dark role-plays, preferably a healthy mixture of both. What I don't really do is modern or fandom role plays. So yeah, if you're after a modern-style fandom, you're in the wrong place (sorry, not sorry)! =D

Rules and Expectations

Yay! The part that everyone loves in search threads! :-D

1. Casual-Detail - I love to read long and write long role play posts! How much I personally write changes depending on what's going on in the role play, but I normally average 2-5 paragraphs. I'm not asking for a novel, (quality over quantity, right?) but a couple paragraphs would be awesome! Plus, our role play with get uber-boring if we just throw one-liners at each other.
  2. Grammar - I'm not the grammar police, but basic grammar (eg no text talk) makes everything easier to read and understand. So, please use grammar!
  3. Appropriate Content - Everything has to abide by RP Nation's rules. So, no extreme violence or gore, etc..  I only do PG 13 romance, if romance does occur.
  4. Instant-love/ Mary-Sues/ Power-playing - Just. No. Please. I love characters with flaws! Also, if there is no romantic chemistry between our characters there is no romantic chemistry between our characters, so don't force it! I like romance that develops naturally.
  5. Characters - I can play both male and female characters, however I like to play female main characters if we have a female/ male dynamic going on. I can play male secondary/ side characters, but, as a main character, I find that I never do that well role playing as a male (I don't know why).
  6. Brain Storming - I'm hoping to find a partner to bounce ideas off of. My plots are really just a skeleton for us to develop together, so please to it if you have any ideas. Also, I prefer just to have a basic plot and for us to improvise the rest from that point onward. I don't like planning every nook and cranny of a role play, it makes it boring and predictable. For example, when we world-build, I like to do it in the role play rather than setting it out before the role play.

Now for the exciting part! I've included some plot ideas, pairings and stuff below. If you're interested please message below or PM me! I'm open to ideas if you have a concept for a role play that you want to do (I'm not limited to just the plots below). If you like a plot but want to change a few concepts, just tell me and we can develop it further. I absolutely love listening to other's ideas so it would be awesome to construct a new, original role play with you. ;-)

Plots, Plots and More Plots

So I've created this star scale thing. The more *s the more I want to do that role play. Bold characters are the ones I want to play; but if you want to do it, just ask. Finally, whatever-this-is-called means that the role play is currently taken.

Potential romantic relationships: MxF

Platonic relationships: MxF, FxF, MxM (you'll have to really convince me to do MxM tbh).

Human Lie Detector (*****)

Genre: Sci-fi, Supernatural, Modern

Muse A is a government experiment. He has the “gift” of detecting lies and forcing the truth out of people. Muse B is your typical young adult. That, minus the fact that she is the daughter of the government official in charge of Muse A’s imprisonment. When Muse A suddenly goes missing from the institute, government authorities are called out on an emergency mission to find him. At the same time, Muse B has run away from home. She’s also escaping her father. What will happen when Muse A and Muse B encounter each other? Will they help each other hide?

Alternative Plot
Muse A is a human lie detector, held captive by the government. Muse B is simply a person who has hung around with the wrong crowd. When Muse A suddenly goes missing from the institute, a red alert is sent out for their recapture. At the same time, Muse B has been accused for a crime they did not commit. They escape and are on the run.

Unwanted Company (****)

Genre: Fantasy, Medieval or Victorian (?)

Muse A is a magical heir - the only of of their kind. He is young, foolish and very much a rebel. But mainly, he wants freedom from his locked-up, over-guarded life. When Muse A turns 18, he is finally given the independence to leave the castle. However, there is one rule to his freedom - he had to stay with Muse B, a guard that he despises.  

The Monster (******************************************************************)

Genre: Supernatural, Modern/ Victorian/ 1920's (?)

Muse A is being hunted by a monster,'The Monster', and they don't even know about it. However, Muse B does. Muse B is new to town - a mysterious stranger who is also being hunted by The Monster. They claim to be friends with Muse A and accuses A of being brainwashed into forgetting about them. You see, Muse A and Muse B are one and the same - they are of a rare kind being pulled into extinction. What will happen when Muse B saves Muse A from being taken by The Monster? Will Muse A remember B? Will they finally find out who they really are? This is a story of lost memories, manipulation and monster hunting.

What We Know and They Don’t (******)

Genre: Sci-fi, Modern

Behind the façade of Earth’s normalcy, there is a secret organisation known as Alpha which administrates and monitors extra-terrestrial activity. Alpha has also recently stared to provide intergalactic refugees with a means to hide in secret as ‘humans’. Behind the scenes of Alpha, Muse A is a top agent who is against Alpha’s activities in helping extra-terrestrials live on Earth in secret. This belief is confronted when Muse A is forced to help teach Muse B, an extra-terrestrial, about integrating into human society. But Muse B has a secret – their race is about to attack.

The Lost City of Pervenche (**************)

Genre: Fantasy, Future/ Modern/ Victorian/ Timeless (?)

In Earth's dying moments, a team of professional builders created an underground city known as Pervenche to protect the human race. Pervenche holds all that is needed to facilitate human survival - food, water, cover, it had everything. But now, the light is dying and the city is slowly being consumed by corruption and plague. Muse A has accepted their fate in the underground city. However, this all changes when they meet Muse B, a traveller and explorer. Muse B is from the world above, the verson of Earth that the people of Pervenche had thought long-died, and offers to help Muse A find a way out.

No Plot Whatsoever (*************************)

Genre: N/A

I've been seriously craving a role play where we have no plots/ pairings/ concepts/ anything. On the site I use to role play, this was the only way I actually did it. The idea: We just choose a random character each and make it all up as we go! Anyone interested?

Heaps of Concepts, Prompts and Pairings

Concepts

• Alternative Dimensions
  • Switching lives.
  • Vigilantes
  • A Cinderella Story

Prompts

Note: I totally stole these prompts. You can find them here!

• You're listening to your favourite song when an unfamiliar voice from your headphones asks "Hey, can anybody hear me?"
  • The moon began to glitch.
  • Someone walks by your table and drips a folded napkin in front of you, trying to be discreet. It is a note saying, "Get our now. While you still can."
  • She had a look in her eyes that made the rest of them what to run.
  • You're a writer. One day, you're walking down the street and you encounter someone who looks just like one of your characters. They have the same name too.
  • I saw my reflection blink, so I smashed the mirror. Big mistake.

Pairings

I must admit, pairings aren't exactly my forte but I thought I'd add some anyway! Even though they're Someone x Something format, it doesn't mean that any romance has to be involved. Platonic relationships are always welcome.

Note: When I say supernatural, I mean any supernatural creature that isn't a werewolf. Werewolves give me the heebie-jeebies. >.<

• Superhero x Supervillain
  • Human x Supernatural
  • Supernatural x Supernatural

Will add more later. If you have any pairing ideas, let me know. :-)

That's all folks! I hope we can rp together. :-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! I was wondering maybe we could do a combination of your concept and your pairing.

Oh, If you're still looking for partners, I'm interested in the human lie detector, or the monster, and maybe even a freeform one!

Hey - if you're still looking for partners, I'm very much interested in the Lost City plot or no plot whatsoever. :D

hiya! if your still looking for partners i'm interested in no plot whatsoever and human lie detector, at least at the moment, and the others seem really interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back