• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Looking for HP partner.

usernotfound

barely existing
About Me
> I'm a full-time college student living in California, so I get busy, but not so much that I don't have time to stop and reply to things. If you want to get to know me better, we can talk and piddle around before we start writing, but either way. I'm not a very private person, but I'm adaptable to my partner and will adjust how much I share about myself if it's a problem.

Roleplay
> I've been roleplaying for a long time, and I never seem to find anyone who wants to sustain a Harry Potter roleplay. We'll start it off, but things fall through; regardless, I'd like to get past some initial introductions where the plot hasn't even begun. I've liked my previous partners a lot, and I'm amiable, too, so we should get along fine. I'm not super pushy when it comes to fast replies, but it's always nice to get a flow going.
> I just want someone who's literate and can push out a paragraph or two per response. When we're feeling adventurous or inspired, it's great to have more than that, but if we let the plot take its course, sometimes it's better to remember quality is better than quantity, and we won't always need to post more than smaller amounts.
> I'm okay with writing multiple couples, though I usually keep it two two couples unless, say, I was on break or something and I could take on more. I'm good with non-cis, non-straight couples; though, more than often, I end up with boy/girl or boy/boy pairings. I'm okay with using canon characters, though I prefer to use OCs. I'm flexible.
> I don't really have any plot ideas right now, so the world is ours. I'm most familiar with doing Next Gen or Golden Trio eras, but I'm flexible and could probably enjoy a Marauder/Founders Era, as well.
> Let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, et cetera?
> Have a good day/night!

OCs

Gryffindor
- Kasmirov Rees / male / 11 yoa / pureblood
- Prof. Tobias Harazkaiewicks / male / 28 yoa / halfblood
- Torsby Delavan / male / 16 yoa / pureblood
Hufflepuff
- Prof. Theodore Harazkaiewicks / male / 28 yoa / halfblood
- Hermes Disoto / male / 17 yoa / muggle-born
Ravenclaw
- Deryn Virji / female / 119 yoa / dragon
Slytherin
- Joan Rees / female / 16 yoa / pureblood
- Anton Conant / male / 11 yoa / halfblood

Joan, in depth
OCs

GENERAL
NAME, Joan Guinevere Rees.
NICKNAME, Joansie.
AGE, Sixteen, born July 14th, 1980.
GENDER, Female.
BLOOD STATUS, Pureblood.
SEXUALITY, Heterosexual.
HERITAGE, Welsh, English, and Russian.
PATRONUS, Osprey.
HOUSE, Slytherin.
LANGUAGES, English, little tidbits of Welsh.
GENERAL APPEARANCE
SKIN COLOUR, Light beige.
HAIR COLOUR, Raven.
EYE COLOUR, Dark brown.
HEIGHT, Five feet, four inches.
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
Joan has an athletic build, with muscles verging on sinewy. Dark circles curse her rather pale face, but her long, dark lashes can distract people a little bit from that sometimes. She keeps her hair short in a pixie cut because she can't really be bothered with upkeeping it. Only a few scars remain from the times her father has hurt her, but those are still visible on her shoulders and arms. She doesn't wear any jewelry, and casual wear tends to be comfortable rather than fashionable.
PERSONALITY
Typically, she's rather quiet. In some sense, it's just that she's a tad shy. People have never been kind to her, so she tends to be a bit mistrusting of others' motives (heck, she's in a House where people only have motives). Someone wanting to be friends with her just out of the kindness of their heart? Hah! That's never happened before. Thus, she's become reclusive to a degree. She still participates in activities, goes to Quidditch games, eats in the Great Hall, and studies in the Common Room; however, she withdraws herself from a lot of excessive social interaction. In the long run, she truly would love a good friend. She's made a few potential friends, mainly from other houses, that she sits with during meals and studies with, but not much beyond that.. The vast majority of Slytherin girls tend to be a little malicious and will start rumors just to watch people fall, so she often will avoid her own housemates. Since she's always felt like an outsider, she feels similarly about her own house, and frankly, about the whole school. She's very protective and motherly to some of the younger students because she is the same way with her brother, but she has a harder time with students her age.
BACKGROUND
STRENGTHS
She's a tough cookie, and if she wanted to, she could get into scraps and win.
She's fairly good at blending into the background. Hide-and-seek champ!
Can function on low amounts of sleep.
WEAKNESSES
In many aspects, she lacks imagination. Though she can be caught day-dreaming, it is usually out of worry and tends to be over practical matters.
Kasmirov is definitely her biggest weakness. She would, and has, sacrificed so much for him.
It's hard for her to get out of her shell. She is very mistrusting of others.
SKILLS
Domestic activities, like cleaning, cooking, et cetera.
Taking care of people, laughably, as a lot of people are scared of her.
Charms, Potions, and also shows aptitude for Apparition.
FUN FACTS
She used to be a good ice skater.
She wants a big family despite her withdrawn, solemn nature.
Regulars at the Hog's Head refer to her as "Aberforth's maid."
PARENTS
Eteocles Vladislav Rees (father) - born September 17th, 1956
Delphina Isadora Travers-Rees (mother) - born March 1st, 1961
Marriage ~ October 1979
SIBLINGS
Kasmirov Elwyn Rees (younger brother) - born January 14, 1985
BIOGRAPHY
Joan was brought into this world by an unusual couple. Both purebloods. One, the quiet, kind-hearted Hufflepuff sister to the infamous Death Eater, Melanthius Travers. The other, Eteocles, a ruthless Death Eater of old money, who tried to wiggle his way into Voldemort's inner circle. Although unsuccessful, he remained loyal to the idealism of pureblood supremacy, and through an arranged marriage, was coupled with Delphina, seven years his junior.
The little lass was born with Blount's Disease (which causes a deformity in the legs, causing them to be bow-legged, though it can be corrected). In order to fix the condition, she had to wear leg braces. It would have been fine if she was homeschooled, perhaps, but Joan went to a Muggle school. While there were some sympathetic children, the vast majority teased and bulled her, many just following the lead with their sheep-mindedness.
At home, her father abused her mother, and oftentimes, Joan, herself. Because of the mixture of emotional, mental, and physical trauma, both at home and with her peers, her magic growth was stunted. A proclaimed squib. Her proud father, angry and bitter as it was, did not take this development (or lack thereof) well. Things at home became even rougher.
At the beginning of the new year, when she was five, her brother, Kasmirov, was born. She loved him the moment she saw him. And she also knew that she never wanted him to be a victim of their father's abuse. Because of his presence, her personality further developed as she started to grow older. She no longer simply took the punches quietly. She fought for her life. She fought for his. A bud of motherliness was blossoming within her despite her young age. Joan became fierce, hardier, and defiant, the opposite of her mother: weak-willed, timid, subservient.
When Joan was eight, her legs had become strong and straight. The leg braces came off. For once in her life, she was able to feel normal. During the time following the removal of the braces, she spent much of her time outdoors with the toddling Kasmirov. Less time with her meek mother. Less time with her abusive, capricious father. She took advantage of the outside air, of the trees she never was able to climb, put as much stress her legs could handle after all those years of being the child on the sidelines, watching the other kids play.
The last of her years of "childhood," if you could call it that, were unfortunate. Her father's unruly, aggressive behavior only escalated. One evening, in a drunken rage, her mother was killed. Kasmirov hadn't even had his fourth birthday yet. When his mother disappeared, he was severely distraught and it broke Joan's heart. It was at this point that she started gathering as many galleons, sickles, and knuts as she could find and started saving up. When her father slept after hours of drinking, she went through his pockets, and hid the change upstairs in her sock drawer. After eighteen months of saving up money, she ran away with her little brother only a short time before starting her first year at Hogwarts.
After much consideration, many confrontations with adults in the magical community, lots of switching train lines, Joan and her five year old brother made it to Hogsmeade. She warmed up to Aberforth and vice versa after spending a lot of time at the Hog's Head, so he eventually gave the Rees siblings free boarding in exchange for Joan's help with keeping the inn tidy and doing odd chores. With the unsettling fact that Joan would have to leave her brother while she attended school, she sought out someone to look after Kasmirov, to assure his safety. Mrs. Flume, co-owner of Honeydukes, agreed to look after him during the day. Thus, with someone to keep an eye on Kasmirov secured, the young girl could finally rest in ease that things could be a little better.
In September, 1991, she started her first year at Hogwarts alongside the Golden Trio, notably, and many other young, eager children. Years passed, with her careful scheduling, she managed to complete her first five years at Hogwarts, albeit much of it being sleepless. Now she starts her sixth year with Kas, an excited first-year, in tow.

Last edited:
I would love to do a Harry Potter roleplay with you! I generally do Canon x OC if that's alright with you? I'm happy to portray anyone you'd like if you could play either Ron or Draco for my OC. :) Let me know if you're interestee! I think I can meet all your requirements and I feel like we'd be good partners.

I had that set up with the last person I did and it worked well. I played Ron for her, but I'm sure I could play Draco if you preferred your pairing to be that way. <: I'm going to update that little {reserved} post with information about the main OCs that I use. Some, I'll have more information than others based on how much use I got out of them and how long ago, but yeeeet. It'll be nice. :^D

Okay! You might have to send the first message because the site isn't allowing me to send anything just yet. I think it has to do with the fact that I've been on hiatus/inactive after the other roleplays fell through.
You need two more messages before you can, you just have to post on a thread two more times. If you reply to those twice, you can. But yea, I'll message you.

I'm interested in doing a HP roleplay with you :) please feel free to PM me, i warn you though i might not be the best at playing some of the canon characters (if that's what you want) but I will try my best

If you're still looking for roleplayer, I just got back into roleplaying and would love to start something with you. I'd love to roleplay a Hufflepuff x Slytherin, but I'm willing to do other or more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back