• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking For an RP Partner For the Summer [Open!]

purpleCafe

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Introduction

In a few days (from the time of originally creating this thread), school is (finally) getting out for me! I don't have any crazy summer plans and will probably wind up sitting at home and being dead and unproductive, which is why I'm looking for an RP partner so I can practice my writing skills and just have fun in general.

I apologize if this entire post drags on a bit, I'm not trying to scare anybody off (well, maybe a few people), but unless its obvious you didn't bother to read a single section I'm not going to bite.

Requirements

Long Term

-I'm looking for a well developed RP with good characterization, a developed world, and interesting plot.

-As for post lengths, I'm generally looking for 1-2 paragraphs with good writing and grammar. I find that consistently writing 5+ paragraphs really slows down the pace of the rp and eventually bores me, although occasionally it is something I can do if a situation calls for it.

Active

-I want someone who can reply often, as I'll have literally nothing to do most of the time. Of course plans do happen, and there'll be times where I'm gone for a few days without service somewhere, but on the whole I want someone who can respond multiple times a day.

-I'm probably hypocritical on this, and there's times where I just put off responding or really doing anything for a while for pretty much no reason.

-I'm also stuck using this site on my phone, which means no push notifications and if anything distracts me, it'll slow down my response time. I have some other forms of contact (no skype tho, it kills my phone) if you're really interested but I still won't be doing any sort of mature rps there.

Under 19

-I'm still in high school, and I honestly get a bit weirded out role-playing with someone twice my age. I'd also like to get to know my partner ooc (if you can get past my lack of social skills), and again that just feels weird if my partner is like 10 years older than me.

Good Writer

I'm not asking that you have a ton of experience, or that you write super eloquently, but please don't have your writing be riddled with typos. I'm not going to kill you over an auto correct or the occasional mistake, but just have an overall decent flow to your writing and I won't complain.

In this same vein, quality over quantity! Don't destroy the flow of your writing just to get more sentences. Additionally, we probably won't be a great match if you consistently struggle with writing at least a paragraph. Of course, I don't think every single situation calls for an entire paragraph (ex. fast paced conversations), but most do, and that is what I write most of the time (or more). Also along these lines, I honestly wouldn't roleplay with me if you don't think you can meet these requirements. This isn't at a a rude gesture, but it isn't nearly as fun for either of us if we aren't on the same page.

Original ideas

-This one is pretty hard to categorize, because it is pretty subjective. Basically, there's very little I'm not willing to do (barring sexual themes and the like), as long as it has a twist put on it.

-Ex: I'm generally not going to do a vampire and werewolf considering I find things like that are a bit overdone, but if there's development into the world and circumstances which generally aren't seen, then I might give it a go.

-Basically, I like to destroy tropes and/or give them lots of depth.

Also Note...

-I'm not one to do fandom rps. Maybe, maybe, I could be convinced to do an rp in a fandom universe, but I won't play canon characters myself (I'll go so ooc), and right now its honestly not quite what I'm looking for.

Things I Like
World Development

-Half the fun of reading and writing is seeing and experiencing new worlds. I already have the concepts for some thought out with varying degrees of development (mostly they're just concepts), which are in another tab.

-I do enjoy fantasy/magical elements, and incorporating symbolism and/or aesthetics into my words and stories in general.

Pairings

-Personally I've never understood things like "bad boy x good girl" or other extremely brief character description type things because it sorta seems like the beginning of the plot and sort of not? I don't have any sort of particular problem with them but I feel like they're usually kind of vague and generally make the romance feel kinda forced. I like romance that develops naturally, and I don't want it to be the whole entire point of the rp.

-I'm fine with any sort of orientation although I have basically no experience writing any FxF, so even though I'm willing to rp that just keep that in mind.

-I'm not up for taboo sort of pairings like "teacher x student", "master x slave", etc.. They just weird me out.

My Ideas
I'm not gonna throw too much detail into all of these because that would take forever for me to write and you to read, but if you're interested, comment or send me a pm. Despite the fact that there's only a few words describing each, I have these all planned to various degrees in my head.

Ideas

-A reverse Alice in Wonderland (one person goes down the rabbit hole, the other goes up)

-Demons and hell (involves past lives, soul mates, powers connected to elements)

-A magical apocalypse story (involving monsters, hell, the whole concept of religion, demons)

-A cyberpunkesque apocalypse/time travel (may also have some fantasy elements). [TAKEN]

If you have any ideas feel free to tell them to me! I'm more than happy to help develop a plot.

Genres & My Thoughts on Them

This is very long, and partially a procrastination fueled rant. You don't have to read this unless you're procrastinating like I am, or if you just want to check out a single genre you're interested in.

Slice of Life

-Generally, I find this really boring. Just average high school is something I already experience and I want to stay away from that. There are occasionally exceptions, and a good example is the book "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. It's been a while since I read it, but it had some strange and controversial themes and dealt with a lot of legal knowledge.

-I also sometimes enjoy road trip rps, but again anything unusual/impossible in this world is my favorite.

High Fantasy

-This is again, another genre I'm generally kinda bored by but I'm not entirely sure why. The whole general thing of elves and other races in a medievalesque world isn't something I write very well and generally doesn't feel very original. On the whole, it would probably be easier to get me to do high fantasy than slice of life.

Supernatural

-Not the tv show. This one I really can't make any sort of generalizations for, because depending on who and what I'm roleplaying, its either amazing or I hate it completely.

-The thing that will make me hate a supernatural rp is cliches. Forbidden romance (especially involving fallen angels and/or demons (had some annoying experiences)), werewolves vs vampires (tbh werewolves in general most of the time).

-Its also not that I'm completely opposed to any of these concepts by themselves, but if the plot sounds like it could be one of 20 young adult novels on the shelf of the bookstore than I'm honestly probably not interested.

Apocalypse

-I'm a bit of a sucker for apocalyptic scenarios, because it essentially turns the whole world into a sandbox. Zombie apocalypse is something I'm erring towards a general no, because its done quite often.

Dystopian

-Much like with supernatural, this is either amazing or just a complete YA novel cliche. My favorite book ever (1984), falls under this genre, but 2 teenagers completely toppling the oppressive government dividing society has kinda gotten old (I'm actually not talking about the Hunger Games, as from what I remember when I read it was well done). As for books of this genre that I like that aren't completely depressing, Anthem by Ayn Rand is a good example.

Urban Fantasy

-Generally speaking, yes. I like the urban/more modern setting and the whole concept of hidden magic within a city gives a bit of hope to my hopeless life (jkjk).

Historical

-It completely depends on the time period. I find it frustrating trying to write a time period/place I hardly have any background knowledge on, and I'm always afraid of inaccuracy.

Science Fiction

-My thoughts on science fiction are sometimes similar to my thoughts on high fantasy, although sci fi is a much broader genre.

-Intergalactic war (as the main focus of the rp), is a good example of the sort of sci fi that just isn't my thing.

-Cyberpunk and steampunk both interest me, although I haven't written either of them before.

Combinations

-Combining different genres just might be my favorite thing to do because it allows for so many more ideas that haven't been seen before. Apocalypse with fantasy is one of my favorite concepts because it just ups the amount of things that can happen in the destroyed world.

-Adding some sort of fantasy or supernatural element to any genre is generally something that I really, although its definitely not any sort of requirement and wouldn't work for every genre.

Final Things

Face claims etc...

-Feel free to use whatever pictures you want for settings, face claims etc, or to not use them at all. I personally use generally because I feel obligated to (more so on sites besides this one), but sometimes I don't mind them. If I use them, I usually use real life actors/models.

-Also note that its hard for me to get a detailed character sheet down before an rp because a lot of my characterization depends on the story. I'll still write some general description of how I see their personality and whatnot, but don't expect several paragraphs of description.

School and Other Plans

From the time of writing this, I get out of school in 3 days. For most of the summer I won't be working more than 1 or 2 days a week, unless I volunteer somewhere. Once school resumes, I'll be starting the IB program at my school (I am not excited), so honestly who knows what will happen.

-For the most part in the summer I should be free and able to respond at least a few times in the day, if not more. However I might go camping 3 or more times where I won't have service for a couple days.

My Social Skills

They're bad. I have a huge amount of trouble conveying any sort of emotion through my writing ooc so it generally defaults to my "I'm BSing this essay at 2 in the morning and I'm going to impress this teacher with interesting syntax and professional sounding word choice" writing style, which I've mostly used in this post. Once you get to know me I become much more casual and will probably communicate at least in part with memes.

12376681_1063072477089016_3145722177588178860_n.nocrop.w536.h2147483647.2x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello purpleLinguist,

I've completely read over your post, and was wondering if you were still open to partners.

I'm going to close this thread for now because I seem to have a great deal of rps I'm doing, but if you're interested feel free to watch it in case anything changes. I'll bump it up if I ever open it back up

Hey there! I read your stuff, and I'm in a pretty similar boat my dude, if you'd like to rp, feel free to PM me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back