• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for an older, long-term writing partner (Closed for now)

Nostalchiq

Uncomfortably Numb
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello everyone who decided to stop by. :) My name is Kitty and I'm looking for a mature writer who is (hopefully) close to my age and who is potentially interested in writing some dark/fantasy/historical themed stories with me. I posted here a while ago but due to unforeseen circumstances I am in search of writing partners again, so here I am.

I am 32 years old and I've been writing since about the age of 12, back in the old AOL roleplay chatroom/Neopet RP forum days. I used to write quite a bit in my twenties, but was on a somewhat long hiatus from it for the last few years. I really miss the artistic inspiration I get from writing and I'd really like to rekindle that passion that I once had for it in my younger years.

I wrote almost exclusively in my twenties with only two people and I'd prefer to find a writing partner who is committed to sticking with the story for a long period of time. Of course, I've done this long enough to know that the first few posts are going to be similar to a "dating" period where we are just getting familiar with each other's styles, feeling each other out and making sure that we are a good writing fit. All that I ask is that you practice good communication if you decide early on that you are not feeling the story. As an older person looking for another older person to write with, I understand that life gets in the way sometimes, as it may for me occasionally. I am patient, just let me know what's going on and there won't be any pressure for you to respond until you're ready to.

You can expect somewhat regular replies from me, but occasionally I will take a few days to respond, especially on the weekends as I am most busy then. I tend to write two to five or more paragraphs per post, but I don't expect you to write a ton, especially if the content is significant enough.

I'm an old-school writer and I don't do code to make things pretty. You are free to use it if you like, and if you feel generous enough to create some for me, I will happily use it, but one thing that I've noticed that happens when you get older is you just don't care as much about self expression. I care more about the quality and substance of the writing than the quantity or how pretty the background is behind the writing. Not saying it doesn't look amazing (it does) but it's too much to cram into my brain when I could be focusing on more important things - like good grammar, spelling and character development.

I do not like to write in the forum. I would rather do it in PM or e-mail.

I usually prefer artistic face claims as opposed to real/photo face claims, but I used to draw my own back in the day and would like to get back into doing that again someday.

Anyway, here are some of the things I am looking for in my next writing partner:

X Over 18, but ideally over 30
X Open-minded, few if any limitations
X Proper grammar, punctuation and spelling
X Committed to a long writing relationship
X Willing to occasionally converse OOC

And here are the genres I am most interested it:

X MxM, MxF or FxF romance (must have other elements to it to keep it interesting)
X Fantasy/Medieval
X Dystopian (never done this before, but sounds fun)
X Historical

I am super open to any plot ideas you might have and would love to hear them.

Anyway, I think that's about it for now. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

Hi!! I’m 22, so a little bit younger than you. Yet, I’d still love to plot all the same. I’m here way more than I should be. I don’t have any limits and adore darker themes.
If maybe, you’d want to write please let me know! If not, good luck! (:

Hi!! I’m 22, so a little bit younger than you. Yet, I’d still love to plot all the same. I’m here way more than I should be. I don’t have any limits and adore darker themes.
If maybe, you’d want to write please let me know! If not, good luck! (:

Hello! Thanks for your interest. Yes, you are very young. If you don't mind that I'm older though, I'm sure it'll be fine. My main concern (apart from comfort levels between us) is whether or not our chapters in life are too different for us to be able to understand one another. Believe it or not it can become problematic later on, but even when I was your age I wasn't much different than I am now at 32, and I've met several people in their early twenties who are much more mature than their peers.

If you're not worried about all that and are still interested, give me a PM and we can chat. :)

I Just saw the AOL Chatroom.. Ahh, good ol' Rhydin and Suicide Cliffs, LOL. I started out there too.

lol, yes! Darkened Tavern was the other.

Did you ever make terrible character sheets on Angelfire or Geocities with flashy text?

I saw "older" and I was like, that's my jam. Lmao then I pop in and the first things I see are AOL, Rhy'din, Suicide Cliffs, and Red Dragon and I'm like, my people! Lmao how's it going?

lol, yes! Darkened Tavern was the other.

Did you ever make terrible character sheets on Angelfire or Geocities with flashy text?

Totally. XD I even made a crappy website for my characters with midi files for each one. Ah, to be young and shameless.

I saw "older" and I was like, that's my jam. Lmao then I pop in and the first things I see are AOL, Rhy'din, Suicide Cliffs, and Red Dragon and I'm like, my people! Lmao how's it going?

Wow, a lot more older people on here than I was expecting! Well, three, counting one that I met before I started this thread. I am feeling a lot better about being on here all of a sudden. XD I really do miss those old AOL chatroom days.

lol, I wish I still had those crappy sites!

Hi Skittle! Welcome to the oldbies group!

I even looked up to see if Rhydin still exist or if anyone recreated it. No luck- just some nostalgic stories

lol, I wish I still had those crappy sites!

Hi Skittle! Welcome to the oldbies group!

I even looked up to see if Rhydin still exist or if anyone recreated it. No luck- just some nostalgic stories

Aw, too bad. Well, it's older than most of the kids on this website now, I imagine. Makes sense it would be dead now, it's practically 100 in internet years.

No reason why we can't recreate it (and improve it) in our RPs ;)

Wow, a lot more older people on here than I was expecting! Well, three, counting one that I met before I started this thread. I am feeling a lot better about being on here all of a sudden. XD I really do miss those old AOL chatroom days.

Oh yeah, I know the feel. Lol I miss the old days in AOL. It's not really easy to find anything similar to the freeform stuff you could get on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back