• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Looking for a partner with a knack for sci-fi!

Troldmand

Your Bizarre Acquaintance
Roleplay Type(s)
Ahoy!

Name's Zoey, a Brit who lives in Finland -- GMT+3 -- and often indulges in storytelling.

I'm a very flexible partner with no tangible in-game limits; ready to guide my characters through all sorts of messes. I don't consider myself a woman of letters, but more often than not I find myself scrolling through dictionaries in search of swanky words that I know I might not make use of any time soon. I can play both male and female characters; no preferences in this regard -- whatever floats your boat.

I usually write no fewer than 2 paragraphs and tend to bounce all the way up to 6 or 7 if I have plenty of material to work with and/or I'm itching to write. Frankly, my schedule is quite tight, and I can only promise 2-3 well-written replies a day. Also, I only write in 3rd person, past tense.

Now that we're acquainted, I'd like you to have a read of the plot I'm eager to try. Bear with me, as it's a rather simple story set in a complex world.

Your character -- a crew member aboard a derelict research vessel -- awakens from their unusually deep slumber just as a rescue team boards the derelict. Before the rescuers find and pick you up, you realise in horror that the vast majority of your crew is dead, and that those few lucky survivors -- including you -- have suffered a profound memory loss. Apart from seemingly random bits of the past few days, you can't remember a single thing. You fail to recall your own name, let alone your past. Driven by despair and the delirious remnants of your last few days aboard the ship, you set out on a mission to restore your memory and find out what befell your crew during that fateful trip.

That'd be the synopsis. The story takes place in the relatively near future -- a future where humanity spread across the galaxy through a primordial network of wormholes, establishing colonies and birthing generations of extraterrestrial humans. Some worlds have been terraformed, many remain covered with interconnected domes. Space travel remains a risky enterprise, and the tensions between nations are just as fraught. Extremists and terrorists on Titan promise to blow up the domes, while powerful gangs of Earth and Mars put every local pedestrian in danger on a daily basis.

This is all I've got for you. If you're interested and comfortable with my schedule, feel free to hit me up and we'll get cracking in no time. :)

Hope to hear from you soon!

Oooooh damn! Someone with an awesome plot, superb grammar and living in my favorite country ... And it is closed already!

Oooooh damn! Someone with an awesome plot, superb grammar and living in my favorite country ... And it is closed already!

Oh my, a thousand apologies!
I'm afraid I can't offer you much at the moment, but if we manage to flesh this plot and its setting out with my current partner, I might consider turning it into a fully-fledged group RP or scribbling a continuation in the future. But, don't take my word for it just yet. I'm still all mouth. :(

My partner's been absent for several months now, so I decided to give this prompt another chance. The plot and the setting stay the same. Make sure to read it all through (Top of the First Page!) and -- if it catches your eye -- hit me up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back