• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for a casual long-term partner

NotinthisUniverse

Hey, I’m back lol. Needed a personal break to try and get my personal life and mental health back together. So yeah! Let’s get into this shall we?

About me:
I’m a full-time college student, about to start my sophomore year after the break and I’m about to be 19 so yeah closer to my dreaded 20’s. Anyway, I work part time and have ADHD which means I may ghost by accident so please just remind me by sending me a PM. As well as getting distracted and becoming disinterested rather quickly, my attention is all over the place. So I’ll let you know ahead of time if we need to stop or take a break. Um, I’mon PST so if your on a different time zone then I’ll work it out. But that’s it, though if you’ve gotten this far please comment down below your favorite food dish!!!!

What I can offer you:
  • I’ve been roleplaying for some time now so I consider myself somewhat established, I can write from 3-7 detailed paragraphs and semi-literate
  • Ideas/Concepts: Whether it’s my own or yours, I have an active imagination and try to throw in twists/turns to spice things up
  • Flexibility/Communication: I’m pretty friendly OOC and love to discuss ideas, concepts, or just fangirl over something our characters did within the story. Along with flexibility, if there’s personal issues going on or you need break please just let me know I’ll let you take as time much need
  • I’m LGBTQIA+ friendly
What I can’t offer you:
  • Compassion (just kidding), but I’m not a big fan of romance sorry going for a more platonic relationship

• Fandoms, as much as I do enjoy the shows I’m in I haven’t really tried to role play their universes expect for one (aka Wolfblood UK series) but that’s all

What I like/dislike :
  1. Dark themes
  2. Romance
  3. Adventure
  4. Sci-Fi
  5. Action
  6. Medieval Times
  7. Character Development
  8. Angst
What I ask of you as a partner:
  • Communication
  • Writing more then a one liner, at least a couple of paragraphs like 3? 2? However much your able to produce is fine
  • Ideas/Concepts of any kind
  • Maybe a writing sample? Though it’s not mandatory though, just want to see your writing style that’s all

But thanks for reading this far, if you have any ideas in mind send me a PM or comment them down below. See ya ✌️

—trackin’

I’m brand new here so I haven’t gotten quite used to the layout of the site (though I’ve been RPing on a different site for 9 years) but I’d love to RP with you!

*Falls from the sky with a resounding splat*

Heeeello! I heard the word plutonic and have been summoned.

Going along with how you introduced yourself;

Hey. Name's Flame. Or whatever you want to call me. I don't care. I love Phở Tai, can't write decent romance if my life depended on it, and live somewhere in the UTC-6 area.

I can offer:
-Responses anywhere from 3 paragraphs to several thousand words, depending on how interested I am and and circumstances of my responses.
-Brainvomit ideas that probably make zero sense.
-Constant OOC chatter or none.
-Varied OCs that slowly get more and more outlandish.
-Worldbuilding.
-Comedy, dark serious scenes, soft scenes, etc.
-I write to fit others' styles. Think of me as a Ditto Pokemon.
-A monolog that came to be while I was writing.

What I can't offer:
-Romance.
-Playing characters I make on the spot.
-I think that's just about it, but it's probably not.

Writing example! From a recent roleplay I made:

Asset 07 stood, back straight, eyes unfocused, and wings folded arrow-head style behind them. They didn't see the dull walls of the facility, nor did they feel the cold stone that laid under their clawed feet. Brilliantly gold eyes offset by an unnaturally slit pupil looked straight ahead, despite the busy background.

"Ah, Asset 07. You've come for your assignment, I presume?" Commander drawled, not even looking at them as he plucked a large syringe from the table.

"Yes, Commander," 07 replied, voice scratchy-feeling from disuse. It came out more of a rolling growl laced with a hiss, though quiet. They didn't even flinch when the syringe was plunged into their skin, the micro-tracker embedding itself into their arm. It felt the same as it always did, even a little number, this time.

"Hangar five," Commander ordered, gesturing vaguely toward the hangar doors. "Get the drive in, then come back."

"Affirmative."

07 stalked toward the hangar, clad in all-black and silent as the shadows they emulated. The tool belt around their shoulders pulled in a way they were unused to, what with the recent change in class and all. They weren't used to having other Assets drop their gaze when faced with them; it was unsettling, in a way.

No matter.

They had a job to do.

~~~

The flashdrive slid neatly into the port, the indicator glowing a faint red as it started uploading its contents and running the program.

As they turned to leave, a slight glint in the darkness of the large office building caught 07's eye, giving them pause. The shiny in question was a small disk. Occasionally, it flashed red on top and let off a soft 'beep'. 07 clicked in the back of their throat curiously, stepping over to the item silently. Beside it, just out of reaching distance, was another. And another after that. They followed the trail of little beeping disks, frowning as it went around the entire room in a large circle. The beeping for each was slightly offset from any of the others, so they were either calibrated wrong or it was intentional for some godsforsaken reason.

They didn't want to pick them up, though, just in case they were dangerous.

They needed to leave. It didn't matter what those suspicious disks were; they had a mission, they completed it. Time to go back to the dropoff point. 07 turned on a heel, dropping to a slight hunch to yank the vent grate back out.

And then it clicked.

Every beep was getting closer and closer together.

Those were bombs.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

There was a crack and sound overwhelmed 07's senses, completely wiping out their hearing as bright oranges and reds seared through their mask and into their eyes. It hurt. It hurt, it hurt, it HURT! For the first time in years, Asset 07 cried out in pain, the sound coming out a twisted, shrieking keen.

Black crawled across their vision, and the world faded out.

~~~

When they woke up, they were not surrounded by the familiar white walls of the Facility. No. Instead, everything was black. Black faded to grey, which gave way to the sight of stone walls and the sight of four-inch-thick rebar piercing through the side of their arm, spilling bright crimson blood to the ground under them. By now, they were coated in it, black clothing dyed crimson. It was... a liter, maybe one and a half. They'd be fine, so long as they got the bleeding to stop.

"Ah..."

07 noted their restrictor was intact, much to their relief. They didn't need an overload, too.

Since the rebar was more... very deeply grazing their arm, 07 turned on their side in the—notably tight—space and ripped off enough of their still-partially-burning suit to wrap around the wound, pulling it away from the rebar with a wince. Damn, that hurt.

Now that their circulation was thoroughly cut off, they needed to leave.

07 braced against the stones trapping them, baring their back against the hard rocks as they gathered their legs under them. They paused, eyes scrunched shut and breathing shallow before arching their spine and pushing back against the rocks, which dimly registered as part of the wall of the building they'd infiltrated.

The world exploded back into color as bright moonlight washed down onto them, fresh, clean air spilling into their lungs and clearing away the dust.

It was dawn. The skies were painted with colors and streaked with clouds. 07 could hear people in the distance, despite the fogginess in their ears. They needed to get away. Commander would find them... eventually. So long as they had the tracker, still.

07 was miles away when they realized the arm that got hit had the tracker in it.

The tracker was gone.

They were on their own.

~~~

It was years later when 07, who'd given themself the name "Arii" (meaning "fire" or "flame") to avoid suspicion, officially gave up on Commander finding them. They were one person in a massive metropolitan city. No one was coming for them. They needed to do something to get food. They may have been trained to obey, but they still had a sense of self-preservation when lacking orders.

That's about the time that a new vigilante arrived to the scene; soundless and absolutely lethal when needed, the new informant was dubbed "Seven" due to the massive "07" emblazed onto the back of the purple suit, impossible to miss even with the wings.

~~~

Seven was good at what they did. Infiltrate, observe, report. They were fast, silent, and could cover more ground in less time than any car, given they had the space. While they were a big name in the criminal underground for their "Black Book" of names and favors owed, they were almost completely unknown to the public.

And Seven would like to keep it that way.

But they always felt... bad. Yes, that was a good word. A better one would be "guilty". They couldn't rely on Commander to tell them what was right or wrong anymore. They honestly had no idea what happened after they fulfilled a contract.

So, they devised a little...

Back-up system.

Seven would fulfill a contract and then a newly-named vigilante, CrowCall, would follow them, to make sure nothing bad happened. CrowCall was the media-friendly, happy-go-lucky part of Flame that was polite and did good. They were... different. They were also much more careful.

For once, it felt good.

So, Crow got more time. They did more than Seven ever did. They got people's cats down from trees, caught sticky-handed criminals, and took down anyone who threatened the peace of their tiny little piece of Los Angeles.

Which is how they ended up here.

Night and Seven shared a cautious glance, clicking at each other in rapid succession in what could graciously be described as "conversing". As far as they could tell, the people who led them there had wanted Crow, not Seven. Crow. But that, specific day, Night needed backup and Flame was in Seven mode, so there was no real fixing it.

And now...

Now they had a bunch of papers in front of them.

It seemed appealing, yes. Very appealing... but too good to be true. Much too good to be true.

Seven looked up, narrowing their eyes under their mask. "And if we don't?"

The woman's smile was more than unsettling. "Read the packet."

A moment of pause.

Seven looked back up, tilting their head. "I doubt you can track us down."

"Do you? And are these clauses really so bad? You will be fed, housed, paid, and you don't even have to take off your mask."

Seven tilted their head back to the other side, clicking in the back of their throat once again. "I don't appreciate being recorded."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back