• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Look At All The Things I Want: The Master List

Lucyfer

Said you'd die for me, well -- there's the ground
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Everything I Want To RP - conveniently placed here!

Hello everyone and welcome to my updated thread of all the things I want - though some of them not as much as everything. Hopefully this time around, it'll be more intuitive and friendly! Here you will find the links to all my individual ad threads. They're all individualized because sometimes, I'm just not feeling something, so it'd be stupid to bump this thread at those times, right? If I'm just feelin' Star Wars, I don't want to bump up Vampire shenanigans and Harry Potter, right?

So, this thread will give you an overview of all the things I am into, and where to find more details on it, without the stress of going through a very long ad thread.

Consider this the tl;dr version. Speaking of, my rules are right below. Please read them, there is a code in there. I'm not trying to trick you. It's to our mutual benefit that you read the rules to make sure you understand what I'm looking for, and see if you can match it.

After the rules, things will be organized by: Fandoms, Fandom-inspired, and Original ideas. Follow that will be a listing of pairings I like, and themes for things I might be interested in, for brainstorming purposes. I'm not married only to my ideas, I'm open to brainstorming, and using the themes is a good place to look and see if we can make something together!

1. Don't God-Mod. In other words, don't make my character speak, don't make my character, don't make my character take damage, and don't control my character. If you want something to go a certain way for plot purposes, just PM me and ask. Usually, I accept "god-modding" during travel and the like. It is usually acceptable to assume movement if a character is already committed to the journey.

2. Please be able to play both genders, and play multiple roles. Your main character(s) may be just male or just female, but I expect all the side characters and NPCs to have life and flavor, too.

3. On the note of characters: I will always play one female character. So, be aware of that. With that said, I usually also always play one male character, and I do MxM, MxF, and FxF pairings, though I prefer MxF. I'm also not really looking to do single-pairing plots. I prefer to double, so please hit me with that double-pairing!

4. I only RP on threads, (or GDocs in rare cases), so no PM, kik, discord, e-mail, or other rps with me. So that I know you’ve read the rules this far, please tell me about your favorite food!

5. Please be able to write more than a couple of sentences as responses to me. I have tried to do “simple” RPs, but I end up not feeling motivated to respond or continue the RP. I will need you to be able to write a paragraph or two, each post, at least.

6. PM if you are interested. The only reason for you not to PM me is if you cannot do so due to the fact you haven't reached 24 hours/10 posts. If that is the case, please post here and I'll PM you!

Guidelines:

1. I do not like to be hassled for posts. Especially if I have already posted that day or the day before. Do not bother me for posts until at least two days have passed. Otherwise, I will start to resent our RP and lose interest in it.

2. I enjoy OOC talk, however I will not respond to "hi" or "-poke-" or equivalents. Have substance to the chatter, even if it just asking "How are you?".

3. Do not bump our thread if I have not posted. I will not post out of spite. I have a problem with this, I acknowledge it, I'm not fixing it.

4. On that matter, please keep OOC to PMs and not on our IC thread. IC is for posting. If you have a question, concern, or comment, just shoot me a PM.

5. In general, I do not enjoy immediate romances or "slice-of-life" RPs, so do not come to me expecting I'll do either. I may make rare exceptions.

Fandoms With Ideas:
Spoiler: I expect with most of these, OCxCanon pairings. Sorry, not sorry.

Star Wars: I am looking to play either in the Force Awakens time period, or the Original time period. I also am looking to play in a "future" time, and the rules of that time have been outlined heavily in this thread. I have no interest in the prequel time, the clone wars, or the Old Republic. In TFA or Original 'verse, there will be the use of canon characters as major characters. If you're interested, please go here: Fandom - Star Wars Stuff (now more than TFA-Era) [Updated 05/12/2018]

Game of Thrones: I have read into the third book, and have religiously read the wikipedias on this, and will continue to do so. I am all caught up with the TV series. I am not looking to play with original houses, unless you have a good reason for their existence. I've had a few too many bad experiences with people creating original houses and not fleshing them out in the world. If you're interested, please go here: Fandom - Game of Thrones: Our Claws Are Sharp [Game of Thrones]

Doctor Who: Let's just get one thing out of the way - I RP with an OC Doctor, and I want you to play the companion. The Doctor will be male. I expect you to RP with an OC Master, to my companion. My OC Doctor will be the 12th incarnation after Matt Smith's, and the sole reason for this is that I do not enjoy how Clara was used in the series to rewrite Old Whol, so I play with a reality where Clara didn't come into the Doctor's life. If that bothers you, I totally understand, and please don't hit me up to RP or talk to me about this. We all have our preferences in fandoms. If this interests you, please take a gander, here: Fandom - Doctor Who: The Sound of Drums

Final Fantasy XII: Look, I love this world and I love this story, and I think Vayne was actually the hero. I am down to RP in this world and muck things up with the story, the Occuria, and everything. Honestly I may even be convinced to RP in this world without canons, so come talk to me if it interests you. For more details, see here: Fandom - Final Fantasy: Heroes and Villains [Updated 5/12/2018]

Devil May Cry: So what if Dante wasn't a shit brother, and didn't leave Vergil in Hell? What if Vergil didn't lose himself to Mundus? I'd love to explore a story that follows shortly after DMC 3 where Dante tries to find a way to save his brother, and Vergil ends up in an alliance with a demon in hell. We'd tell both sides until we link up the stories, either in Hell, or on Earth, and then play out how things go from there. If this interests you, please see: Fandom - Devil May Cry: Sparda Bros [Updated 05/12/2018]

"Inserted": Look, we all have guilty pleasure thoughts of being thrown into the world of a fandom we love. I have it, you have it. So if you see a fandom you're into, and want to explore the possibility of playing as being thrown into that world an OC (or self-insert, you do you, boo), hit me up and we'll logic it out. Want to be thrown into Star Wars? The Force called you. Game of Thrones? The Mother sent you. We'll find a way using deus ex machina it, probably.

Fandoms Worlds:
Spoiler: I do not intend to use canons in these, or else the canons aren't "Main Characters" - you'll see.
Vampire Hunter D: Okay, listen, I love Vampire Hunter D with a passion. If we use canons here, I wouldn't mind, but finding a way to "split" them would be problematic considering D is the only main character. I want to play in this world, though, with hunters, dhampirs, vampires, humans, mutants - I want to expand on a territory where one vampire has remained "Noble", and the problems of others wanting that territory, of vampire hunters, and so much else. Please give it a look if you're even the tinest bit aware of Vampire Hunter D, or just want to play in a steampunk-western-noir world. If you're interested, please see: Fandom - Vampire Hunter D: Transient Guests Are We

Harry Potter: I built an amazing world with an RP Partner but, unfortunately, it never got anywhere. I don't want to play in Hogwarts, I'm too old for that - but I want to take the idea of continuing education and such in Harry Potter. Getting specialized instruction in herbology or something to be better at potions, or more interaction with animals to become a vet - basically, Magical College, in the same world, so old rivalries from Hogwarts can carry over, or you can play students from one of the other schools. If this peaks your interest, please look here:
Fandom - Harry Potter: College Years! [Updated 05/12/2018]

Final Fantasy X: I love the idea of summons in this RP and how they came about, so I'm looking to tell the story of an Original Summoner Group traveling to kill Sin. Pretending Yuna either is in the future, or doesn't exist - this can be a beautiful tragedy, or follow something akin to Yuna's story where they overcome Yunalesca, I'm down with either, I just want to play the summoner for sure. If this peaks your interest, please see: Fandom - Final Fantasy: Heroes and Villains [Updated 5/12/2018]

Final Fantasy VIII: Again, my love of summons and their strange bond knows no bounds. I'm looking to play a sorceress who discovers they are one later in life (got the powers young), and a SeeD group around them as they face not Ultimecia, but Hyne himself looking to restore himself to his full powers by killing all the Sorceresses and inheriting their powers back into himself. If this sounds intriguing, please see: Fandom - Final Fantasy: Heroes and Villains [Updated 5/12/2018]

Fandoms Inspired:
Spoiler: Nothing canon, except maybe some lore. Not the world, nothing.
"Black Butler": In a nutshell, I love the aesthetics and idea of it. I want to play a Noble set out to get revenge for the devestation they've felt, a Noble who is one of the Queen's many followers. I imagine the Queen having three guilds who investigate various matters, but this Noble is into the supernatural/underworld part, and so contracted with a demon. We'd hash out the details of the villains beforehand so we can both play a role in foreshadowing and linking things up to them, and we'd play roles in the other guilds, as well as others, to fill the world until its inevitable end. I'm also potentially open to doing this in modern times. For more details, please see: Fandom - Black Butler Inspired: The Queen's Guilds [Updated 5/12/2018]

"Devil May Cry": Loosely inspired by the idea of siblings born of at least one parent the same (maybe both), who end up going drastically different paths. I'm definitely looking to play with either angel or demon ideas here. I'm looking to play the one who chooses "power", the "Vergil", who is looking for a way to open gateways and go "Home", so I'd be looking for you to play the "heroic" one here (though I expect several layers of gray). We'd likely each play an associate or friend on either side, so we're not playing alone before they link up. For more details, please see:
Fandom - Devil May Cry: Sparda Bros [Updated 05/12/2018]

"Berserk/Dark Souls/Dark Tower": Hopefully that doesn't seem like an odd string, but yes. In sum, I'd like to play with something set in a Medieval-ish world. I'd like there to be a villain who was once a friend (and I'd love to play out the betrayal part). I want a weird group of people to end up gathering together to try and stop this villain, and I'd love to play on the idea of "more worlds than these", as well. Griffith and Randall Flagg are huge inspirations for villains, but also Yhorm the Giant. This would require a lot of world-building, but with the right partner, I am more than up for it. For some more details, please see: Fandom - Darker Inspirations: Berserk, Dark Tower, Dark Souls [Updated 5/12/2018]

"Berserk Special": For a more closely inspired Berserk RP, I developed this idea, here: Fantasy - Dirge of Valice [Single Plot Idea]

"Petshop of Horrors": I enjoy episodic things, really. This would play out with a few major characters, like the Petshop owner, and probably some people who come around and harass them (someone always looking for the right pet but just can't find it? A detective? An exasperated landlord?), but it would end up always turning the focus to the Owner, and the Pet, and like Petshop of Horrors, the pet would take a human form. We can discuss if the human form is visible to others, and under what circumstances, if the human form is "real", and other such things, because ah...things can get weird that way, haha. These would be in the vein of fables and such - morality tales, some with good endings, and others with bad endings, and all of them building into the constant cast until we get a resolution on that main arc. For more details, see here: Fandom - Petshop of Horrors: Morality Tales [Updated 5/12/2018]

"Sandman/Lucifer": Like many people, I loved the Sandman series by Neil Gaiman. I don't quite want to play in that world, but I do want to play in a world where Abstractions and Human Belief have power, in the sense that it can create deities and superpowerful entities. I have an idea where a particular Abstraction has gained power enough to threaten reality as it is known (Nightmare), and another Abstraction (Pride) wants to obtain more power and restore belief in all of them, in general, so they can take their place as deities once again, as they did in olden times. So this would be a story mostly around these Abstractions coming together for their own reasons, and maybe a human or two. For more, see: Multiple Settings - Abstract Beliefs [Updated 5/12/18]

"Heroes": I don't know the Superhero fandoms well. Like, I've seen Black Panther and some others. I know Deadpool and Spiderman and I grew up with Batman, but I don't want to do any of those. I rather liked the themes of Big Hero 6, and this Choices stories called "Hero", so what I'm looking for is this: new heroes. Whether by accident or fate, some people have either gained superpowers, or they're using their skills to make themselves into heroes. We'll play them coming together, and figuring out what to do now as they become something of a "big deal" in the world. For more details, see:
Realistic/Modern - Heroes! No fandom.

Fandom List:
Spoiler: Odds are I don't want to RP in it, or will only RP it with the right partner - but so you can see what I'm familiar with.

• Vampire Princess Miyu
  • DN Angel
  • Resident Evil
  • Fallout
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Xena and Hercules
  • Rome (The HBO Series)
  • Stephen King in general
  • Final Fantasy VII, IV, IX
  • The 10th Kingdom and Fairy Tales
  • Disney animations
  • Evangelion
  • Castlevania
  • Pokemon
Original Ideas:
Spoiler: This has a huge range of things, under various headings.

Vampires: My vampires are not daywalkers, and they never will be. They also don't have any beef with werewolves because I've always found that asinine. These stories would be more in the vein of inter-vampire relationships, such as how they manage their nights and their cultures, or how they live alongside humans. Some would dive into more occult things, like how vampires deal with other supernatural threats and try to keep humans unaware of what's really going on. There are a few plots that would take place in an imagined "future" where vampires eventually take over, and humans are little more than cattle to them - so rebellions and war and all that good stuff would be prominent themes, as well as all the drama between millennia old creatures. There are dynasties of power, the corruption of time, and no fucking angsting, Louis! (Okay, maybe a little). If you're interested, see here: Multiple Settings - Vampires: No Daywalking

Pairings: VampirexVampire, SirexChilde, DhampirxVampire, DhampirxHuman, VampirexInnocent, VampirexHunter, VampirexWerewolf, VampirexDemon, HunterxHunter, HunterxWerewolf, HunterxDemon, VampirexWitch/Warlock.

Word Bank: Rivalry, Wealth and Luxury, Corruption, Power Imbalances, Enemies to Lovers, Old Flames (like centuries old), Taboo Relationships, Blood Bonds, Chosen Families, Humans are Food not Friends, No Vegetarian Vampires, No Sparkling Vampires, The Sun is Our Enemy (Unless you're that weird Egyptian vampire who worships it), Wendigo? Wendigoes.

Divinities: So what happens when the end of the world comes early, because someone got control of the Four Horsemen? Angels and demons have to work together, probably. Unless the demons did it to try and screw up God's plans of Revelation. Then they're probably not working together. And humans are caught in the middle of all of this, no matter what. There are plenty of ideas working from Judeo-Christian mythology here, like the possibility of Lucifer being given a second chance, the Four Horsemen being released early, the Antichrist seeming to be born early (and so the second-coming happening), apostles reincarnating, and things like that. Or perhaps we take this the way of the usual "Mortal goes to hell to save a loved one" or a "Mortal tries to escape Hell" and tell a Dante's Inferno-esque story. Whatever the case, click here if you're interested: Multiple Settings - Divine Inspiration: All Gods all the Time [Updated 5/12/18]

Pairings: AngelxDemon, AngelxAngel, AngelxHuman, DemonxDemon, DemonxHuman, HumanxHuman, ProphetxAngel, ProphetxDemon, ApostlexApostle.

Word Bank: Apocalypse, Demons were Angels, Angels are assholes with bloody wings, Your Guardian Angel probably drinks, Stoic Angels, Demons are bitter assholes with philosophy degrees and no ethics, "You were my sibling, Lucifer!", Judas is back with regrets, So is Peter Rabbit, These wordbanks are like tumblr tags.

"Fantasy" Supernatural: So in a nutshell, this is everything not in modern times, or in places that have magic instead of technology as we know it, though to them it's like technology, of course. You'll find some pirate shenanigans here, as well as thoughts of medieval kingdoms facing down threats, theocracies in control, and dimensional travel, or modern people being pulled into new worlds, including MMORPGs things. There are also tales of reincarnation in here, and love through the ages, as well as hate through the ages. If these interest you, please proceed here: Multiple Settings - Flights of Fancy: Worlds of Fantasy [Updated 5/12/18]

Pairings: KnightxNobility, KnightxCriminal, Supernatural CreaturexSupernatural Creature, Supernatural CreaturexHuman, PiratexNoble, PiratexNaval Officer, PiratexPirate, KnightxCommoner, NoblexCommoner, NoblexNoble, RoyaltyxNoble, RoyaltyxRoyalty, RivalxRival, EnemyxEnemy, ExpertxProdigy, AssassinxTarget, Reincarnated LoverxUndying Lover, Reincarnated Lovers, Reincarnated EnemyxUndying Enemy, Reincarnated enemies.

Word Bank: Liches and spreading disease, world-hopping, MMORPGs, Reincarnation, Red String of Fate, Red String of Hate, Dimensional Portals for Fun and Profit, Magical Breeding, Magical Nobles, Magic is Power, Alchemy, The Church Rules, Siren Songs, does eating mermaids give you immortality?, Immortals, Immortal Love, I just want to go home, Pirate's life for me~.

Pairings and Themes:
Spoiler: A general list of things I like that we can brainstorm from!
Pairings:

• ExpertxProdigy
  • RivalxRival
  • EnemyxEnemy
  • "Villain"xAssociate/friend
  • HeroxSidekick
  • Noble/RoyaltyxKnight
  • Noble/RoyaltyxCommoner
  • Noble/RoyaltyxNoble/Royalty
  • Noble/RoyaltyxHealer
  • KnightxKnight
  • KnightxCommoner
  • VampirexVampire
  • VampirexWerewolf
  • VampirexInnocent
  • VampirexHunter
  • DhampirxVampire
  • DhampirxHuman
  • SirenxHumanoid
  • SirenxHuman
  • AngelxDemon
  • DemonxDemon
  • DemonxHuman
  • AngelxHuman
  • AngelxAngel
  • ClergyxNon-Clergy
  • ClergyxCourtesan
  • HostxClient
  • PridexGreed
  • PridexWrath
  • DeathxMortal
  • DeathxImmortal
  • DeityxMortal
  • DeityxDeity
  • DeityxDemiGod
  • DeityxImmortal
  • Probably others, themes should indicate more, haha.
Themes:

• Power Imbalances, Authority Issues
  • Crossdressing for fun and profit (and because I'm going to be a knight, screw the fact I don't have a dick)
  • Theocracies and Powerful Religious Figures
  • Corrupt governments, Corrupt religions
  • Heroes that choose to be heroes. None of this reluctance shit.
  • Fairy Tales.
  • Host Clubs/False romance becoming real.
  • "There's a reason they're still alive" - badass politicians, whether by intelligence or underhanded things.
  • Truly noble nobles, and truly aristocratic assholes.
  • Young people shenanigans, exasperated older people.
  • Leaders who lead by example.
  • Good Villains. Good intentioned Villains. Good villains who think they're heroes. Good villains who maybe are heroes.
  • EVERYTHING IS GRAY.
  • Luxury and bribery corrupts breaks someone quicker than torture...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back