• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Longterm/Adv. Lit Partners

Lulu's Partner Search!

a little bit about me:
Hey guys! Welcome to my humble little partner search~ Before we get in to the nitty gritty of everything I'll give you a little bit of boring information about my mundane self, lol, so you can see if we are compatible partners, that way I don't waste your time if we aren't c:

↝ I am currently a college freshman, which means I'm 18+. If looking for an adult partner tickles your pickle, then I'm yours, but I'm also not going to limit my partner search by age ^-^ I'm able to handle dark and mature themes, and personally enjoy them. I have no triggers, but with that being said, as long as we stay on site, all RPN rules apply. I might be persuaded to go off site (discord or email), but that is a rare anomaly.

↝ I'm a Mechanical Engineering major, so as one can imagine, I'll be quite busy once the academic year starts. However, I will always try my best not to ghost you and will let you know if I'm going to disappear from the face of the earth for a little while simply because I hate being ghosted on. It makes me really sad TT^TT. But there will be times when I do suddenly disappear and I sincerely apologize for that. If I haven't responded for a month without a warning, it most likely means I've been killed from finals, lol. In reference to this, I would like to be ditch friendly, because as it is summer, I have a lot more time, and can pick up more roleplays, but some may be dropped once September rolls around.

↝ I'm very flexible as a roleplayer. Deep down, I love quick and fast responses, but realistically it just doesn't always happen. At the moment, I can churn out at least a reply a day, but during the school year I'll be lucky to get one or two in a week, or a few replies a month. At the moment, I'm really craving something more fast paced, so more replies and slightly more casual.

↝ I'm able to play both male or female, though I generally try to stay away from non-binary/androgynous characters simply because I don't know enough about it and can't relate enough (so I'm too anxious about offending someone or butchering the concept, aha). I almost always do straight pairings, but am willing to explore mxm. I still haven't warmed up the idea of fxf, so I think that's a no go for me. Nothing against it, it's just hard for me to relate to the characters and the plot, and doesn't grasp my interest.

↝ I really don't double for the sake of doubling because I tend to find myself completely washed out. I like focusing on one main character, and can play a couple side characters and NPCs.

↝ I also quite like fleshing out the plot. I like knowing the skeleton of what's going to happen. We don't have to discuss everything, but just have a strong, general gist of what's going to happen.

↝ Perhaps it's because I'll be alone forever, I am very much a hopeless romantic. Anything and everything that we do should have at least a sub-genre of romance or else it's hard for me to stick around. Platonic pairings don't keep me interested for too long, aha. Of course, I don't want anything instant or such. I love the slow burn of romance and naturally developing their emotions as well as their characters.

↝ I always, always, roleplay in third person, past tense and expect you to do the same. My responses tend to average out to about 600-2000 words, though I can go above that as well as dip below that. It really boils down to mirroring my partner. The more my partner gives, the more I tend to write :-)

↝ The genres that I'm really into are: Romance, Sci-Fi/Utopia/Dystopia, Historical, Slice of Life, and Angst (I understand this ain't a genre, but I love it anyways, lol).
↝ Genres that I might be persuaded to do if there's a really good plot: Fantasy, Adventure, and Mystery.
↝ Genres I will not do: Furries, smut, Horror, Thriller.
*If we decide to do a fandom roleplay, we would be using OCs.

what I'm looking for in a partner! Now we're getting to the fun stuff ^-^
*Please know that this is not going to be a first come, first serve basis.*

↝ I am looking for a partner that is semi to advanced lit in terms of writing nice, detailed posts that can get the English stickler within me excited. I understand when we get writer's block and such, and I'm not asking for a novella, but just something good to work with. I want someone who's confident within their own writing abilities and has a strong grasp of grammar, diction, and syntax. I promise, despite these requirements I'm really not a scary person, aha. It doesn't necessarily have to be long in length as I believe in quality over quantity. I've done many wonderful and exciting roleplays where posts were packed, but under 300 words.

↝ I really would like someone flexible. For a lot of my roleplays, I've been playing male because I can't find a partner who's willing to play a different gender. I understand we all have preferences, and such, but I just want someone to be open minded. While I do prefer playing males, a little change in scenery is nice, because doing the same thing over and over again does get a little tiring and sometimes zaps the fun out of things.

↝ I really don't care about your age. You can be 12 or 42. To me, it's your personality and writing abilities that matter the most ^-^

↝ This is a big one, and often times a deal breaker for me, personally. No matter what roleplay we do, please, please, please, do your research. There is nothing that irks me more than doing a completely unrealistic roleplay. It doesn't have to be much, but just brush up on some of the basic details. For instance, if we do a roleplay on the Civil War or the French Revolution, just know the basics of the event and time period. You don't have to go crazy, just have a little prior knowledge or else you'll make this bean very sad.

↝ I'm definitely ditch friendly~ As long as you tell me, everything will be all good and dandy. It just makes me very sad when someone leaves without saying a word, because often times, I'll be really into the roleply and waiting for a response that will never come T^T.

↝ When you PM me, please provide a sample c: Other than that, I think we're good! Thank you for sticking with me if I haven't bored you yet, aha. Tell me your favorite book or movie if you've come this far!

plots~
As of right now, I only have plot ideas rather than full fledged things ^-^

↳ Kiss of Deception: A girl or princess is in hiding for some sort of reason, and begins working as a tavern maid. From there she meets a strange traveler that is set out to capture her for a different kingdom that her home is at war with. This kingdom is seen as a land of savages, and the girl is kidnapped. However, the longer she stays, the more she uncovers about this relatively unknown kingdom. I know this is super vague, but I promise we can flesh this out lmao. (Not super interested in this at the moment.)

↳ Conflicts of the Heart: Set in World War II, a German family takes in a Jewish family for hiding. The Jewish family has a daughter while the German family has a son around the same age. Each night, after dinner, the German boy delivers a book through the attic for the girl to read, and little by little the two begin talking more and more often, eventually falling in love. However, when the time comes, the boy must leave for conscription, and soon after the Jewish family is bested by neighbors. The boy and girl meet years later, however one has become a Nazi and the other a prisoner. This would be extremely sensitive and potentially very graphic (still within site rules).

↳ Wither: (Based on the book) Set in a dystopian world where genetics are supposed to be perfect, the first generation lives happily to old age free of maladies, however their children are nothing more than ticking time bombs. The men die at the age of 25, and girls at the age of 20. In mass hysteria, children are married off young in the hopes of keeping the world populated while doctors and the first generation race to find a cure. This would be the story of arranged newly weds. **Also craving~

↳ The Afterlife: (HMU if you're interested in this, because this was an idea developed with another roleplay, though it was eventually dropped. I've been super interested in it, and have a lot more plot details.) Set in some sort of historical time period, Muse A is a otherworldly being, and is cursed to be the ambassador of his people for the people on earth. He meets a human girl, Muse B, and slowly finds himself falling head over heels for her. However the Gods curse Muse A and with every word spoken, he must kill her that many times. Over and over, Muse A kills the reincarnation of the girl he loves most. Given a chance, he is able to travel to Hell to break the curse only if he and Muse B get through seven labors. Okay so that's an absolutely terrible synopsis and there are a lot more beautiful details that if I listed here would go on forever, as it was a really fleshed out idea. Definitely PM me for more details ^^

↳ Secret Garden: A girl is sent off to live with a distant Uncle whom she has only rarely met. All she knows is that his wife died recently. The home is lonely and the girl wanders off one night and discovers a secret garden, but she is found out by a servant. This would be a tale of a girl of high breeding falling in love with a servant, again this is the barebones of the plot.

↳ King's Maker: (Based on the Webtoon) An illegitimate son finds his way back to the Kingdom after a series of unfortunate events and proclaims his royal heritage in the middle of a bustling town right outside the palace. After years of searching for this said son, the King takes him in, though not all is as it seems on the surface. The King is corrupt and the kingdom is no longer profiting or what it used to be. The young prince is but a child jaded by anger and one that still holds the habits of a peasant. However, one of the King's Children takes notice of him, and together, he begins to teach the young prince manners befitting a royal. Their goal is to overthrow the King together. (The prince can also be a princess depending if we want this to be mxm or fxm.) **really interested, I'll love you forever if you do this one with me.

↳ Summer Fling: Their relationship started in the summer. A young couple intoxicated by love and infatuation spend each hour together, legs entwined in the cool sand by the beach, eyes illuminated by the crackle of dying embers in the bonfire, or lazy mornings spent laying together in bed. They are convinced that they are utterly, and truly in love. That they are soul mates, starcrossed lovers destined to be together forever. When they propose the idea to marry (ha, get it?? It's a pun) to their parents, both families strong reject, and so the young couple makes a run for it. They get married in the middle of the night and jump from motel to motel until they realize funds are beginning to run out. Settling into a cheap and small apartment, they begin their life together only to find that marriage isn't exactly what they thought it would be. Quickly, with the pressure of meeting bills and taxes, their marriage begins to shatter at the weight and now they must figure out how to keep themselves together.

↳ Whispers of the Heart: A girl and boy meet unexpectedly and at first, perhaps don't get along, or they do, and spend most of their time teasing each other. After sometime, they develop a mutual friendship before falling in love with each other. Only their paths divert after high school and they're forced to go their separate ways. The plot would be about how they stayed in touch/continued their relationship. Honestly I'm terrible at plot synopsis(i??? is that the plural??? Synopsi??) if you haven't noticed and this is really just your run of the mill romance.

↳ I adore anything with court intrigue and tension as well as Victorian era Europe. This plot section is a mess lmao, I'm so sorry.

↳ No more creative names oops: Either a nuclear war or disease wipes out most of humanity with only a few survivors to tough a cruel world. Two survivors somehow meet and are forced to try and trump their odds.

↳ Feel free to suggest any other plots you might have in mind ^^

pairings and fandoms Bolded is my preferred role, however anything can be up for grabs c:
Pairings:

Sick/Disabled x Healthy
↝ Accidental Pregnancy
Athlete x Nerd/Average student(?)
↝ Drug addict x Average Person (lmao my pairings suck)
↝ Vampire, Siren (really any mythical creature?) x Human
↝ Some sort of post-Apocalyptic setting roleplay
↝ Really any slice of life romance --> Just anything romantic, please T^T
↝ Virtual Reality
↝ Oh man, I can't think of any more pairings...... Feel free to suggest!

Fandoms:

↝ Winter Woods
↝ King's Maker
↝ Graceling
↝ Harry Potter
↝ Percy Jackson
↝ Attack on Titan
↝ SAO
↝ Tokyo Ghoul
↝ Relife
↝ Crap I'm blanking out... I'm definitely in a lot more fandoms, I just can't think of anything at the moment.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm super interested in your 'King's Maker' plot. Do you mind if I PM you to discuss more details? ^^

Okay, read through your introduction & rules, liked what I saw there, then saw Tokyo Ghoul in the fandoms. I would absolutely love to do a Tokyo Ghoul roleplay with you if you're willing to do one. You seem to be the kind of person that could make it exciting and actually interesting.

Okay, read through your introduction & rules, liked what I saw there, then saw Tokyo Ghoul in the fandoms. I would absolutely love to do a Tokyo Ghoul roleplay with you if you're willing to do one. You seem to be the kind of person that could make it exciting and actually interesting.
PM me, please ^^

Alright, I sent a PM! Unfortunately, I have to head out for now, but I'll answer anything you send me in a couple hours.

Hiya! I'm new here but not to writing/RPing. I would love to work on a plot with you and do a more long term, detailed RP. I'm really interested in the World War 2 Plot, so PM me if you want to chat about it! (Also, I'd love to do something with Vampire X Human and Drug addict X Average)

Hiya! I'm new here but not to writing/RPing. I would love to work on a plot with you and do a more long term, detailed RP. I'm really interested in the World War 2 Plot, so PM me if you want to chat about it! (Also, I'd love to do something with Vampire X Human and Drug addict X Average)
PM me a sample? ^^

Hi there Lulu! I would love to do a roleplay with you if that's fine, seeing as I'm a fellow lonely soul here too ;w;
I'm a newbie to the forum, but I've been in the roleplay scene for more than 10 years (although I had a 3+ years hiatus until now). If you don't mind me, I'm happy for us to discuss a possible RP from the ideas you have. They all seem interesting, and I am particularly interested in Wither!

I also used to have a vague RP idea based on the Victorian era many years ago. Happy to discuss it with you if you are interested. :) Unfortunately I can't PM yet so you might need to do it if we're doing this.

Liked a few of your pairing, if you’d Wanna talk plots let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back