Looking for Lonely writer looking for a friend.

Vinegar Bees

flowers & teeth.
SykaGI.gif

Hi there! So this might be a little silly or even embarrassing, but I figured this is as good a place as any to ask
about it, since it’s a site full of creative people. (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑) In short, I’m looking for a friend, though it’s a little more
than that. I’ve always really loved writing and making stories, and over the years I’ve developed some really involved
stories and characters that I’m really passionate about. Unfortunately, just writing on my own tends to be really
lonely, for lack of a better word. I have friends in real life I can talk to, but they’re not really all that interested
in stories and OCs the way I am, so I don’t want to bother them by talking about something they’re not really
interested in. I’ve been able to share my characters with other people by roleplaying, but it never lasts—usually
either I or the other person hit a busy patch and have trouble keeping up a consistent posting schedule, and
we kind of drift apart and stop talking because of it. (⋟﹏⋞)

So basically, I’m looking for someone like me—someone who loves stories and OCs and has their own they want
to share and talk about. I’m also not saying we can’t roleplay together, because we totally can! I just want to make
sure we have a friendship beyond that. I’d love for us to just discuss ideas that pop into our heads, whether they’re
serious or silly, share fun things like playlists or moodboards or stuff like that, etc. I’d like for us to get to know and
appreciate each other’s OCs as well as ourselves as people. I love hearing about people’s ideas and creativity, especially
if they’re things they are very passionate about!

So like I said, this might seem a little silly or embarrassing, but I figured it’s worth a shot! Please feel free to post here or
send me a DM if you’re interested at all. I can be a little shy and anxious, but I’d be super happy to be your friend! (◕ヮ◕)

Last edited:
Hi there I just say this and honestly I get it! A lot of my friends basically dipped, so I'm in a similar situation. Feel free to message me if you want!

animesher.com_flower-flying-anime-flowers-anime-gif-1495363.gif

Hi there! So this might be a little silly or even embarrassing, but I figured this is as good a place as any to ask
about it, since it’s a site full of creative people. (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑) In short, I’m looking for a friend, though it’s a little more
than that. I’ve always really loved writing and making stories, and over the years I’ve developed some really involved
stories and characters that I’m really passionate about. Unfortunately, just writing on my own tends to be really
lonely, for lack of a better word. I have friends in real life I can talk to, but they’re not really all that interested
in stories and OCs the way I am, so I don’t want to bother them by talking about something they’re not really
interested in. I’ve been able to share my characters with other people by roleplaying, but it never lasts—usually
either I or the other person hit a busy patch and have trouble keeping up a consistent posting schedule, and

So basically, I’m looking for someone like me—someone who loves stories and OCs and has their own they want
to share and talk about. I’m also not saying we can’t roleplay together, because we totally can! I just want to make
sure we have a friendship beyond that. I’d love for us to just discuss ideas that pop into our heads, whether they’re
serious or silly, share fun things like playlists or moodboards or stuff like that, etc. I’d like for us to get to know and
appreciate each other’s OCs as well as ourselves as people. I love hearing about people’s ideas and creativity, especially

So like I said, this might seem a little silly or embarrassing, but I figured it’s worth a shot! Please feel free to post here or
send me a DM if you’re interested at all. I can be a little shy and anxious, but I’d be super happy to be your friend! (◕ヮ◕)
Can we be friends? im in a similar position where I barely have people i connect withfor ocs and stories and i think i need similar things feel free to dm me in discord

animesher.com_flower-flying-anime-flowers-anime-gif-1495363.gif

Hoyo!

Life, both in and outside of role-playing, can definitely have its lonely periods. Especially when your personal interests don't match the majority of people who are part of your social circle. I have around 100 people on my Facebook friend list, almost none of whom share my interests and almost none of whom I regularly speak to. So I sometimes wonder what the point of me being on FB is.

Anyway, I digress.

If you ever want to discuss original story concepts, characters or character creation, or anything else related to role-playing and storytelling in general I'd be happy to hear from you and chat away about them! I could go on for ages about any and all of those topics.

Cheers!

If you ever need someone to talk to about life you can tell me anything in pm. I am a great listener and always listened to my friends problems. Great at keeping secrets. You don’t need to feel isolated and alone.

*reaches hand out*. Friend!

Edit: As a quiet person myself, I understand a little about just such a situation. I was lucky to have a chere cousin to talk with about stories and characters, but currently have few vents for such. I would love to hear ideas, stories, or characters and can reciprocate if desired. Amidst my mass grave site of ideas I am cultivating a small flower bed of books to write.

Have a good rest of the day! I hope to hear from you should the sudden hand extension not scare you off.

Last edited:
That's funny. I was just thinking about posting this same exact thread myself. Or at least something similar. With that said, I'd be happy to listen to folks rant about their OCs and ideas! Or just in general too. And if there are other lonely writers out there looking for some friends, why not be ambitious and make some sort of group too?

Ooh, I like that idea, and if the idea is desired en masse I would like to join in on the festivities should a group be formed.

Well, I'd happily help coordinate such a thing, but I don't want to step on OP's toes or anything. Either way, I'd be happy to chat about ideas or OCs with, well, anyone!

Aaaaa thank you for your responses!! A group is a really lovely idea, but it’s personally not really what I’m looking for. ;-; I have a pretty busy work schedule, so I’d probably miss/be late to quite a bit of the group’s communication, and I think the kind of FOMO that goes with that would be too much anxiety for me I’m an anxious loser weeps. That’s also why I don’t participate in group RPs anymore, I prefer something more intimate/direct where I don’t worry about the group moving on without me if I have a busy day, if that makes sense? ;-; I would love to DM you guys individually, but I also understand if you’d prefer a group kind of thing, please don’t let me stop you!

Ah, entirely understandable. I was thinking it to be a loose-knit, small group thing, but it can definitely be stressful to have conversations drift by in a group setting. With that said, I would welcome a DM/PM setting if desired. =)

Aaaaa thank you for your responses!! A group is a really lovely idea, but it’s personally not really what I’m looking for. ;-; I have a pretty busy work schedule, so I’d probably miss/be late to quite a bit of the group’s communication, and I think the kind of FOMO that goes with that would be too much anxiety for me I’m an anxious loser weeps. That’s also why I don’t participate in group RPs anymore, I prefer something more intimate/direct where I don’t worry about the group moving on without me if I have a busy day, if that makes sense? ;-; I would love to DM you guys individually, but I also understand if you’d prefer a group kind of thing, please don’t let me stop you!
Makes sense. I apologize if that was a stressful proposition. That definitely was not my intention and I'd still be happy to hear about your ideas/characters either way!

Hey there,

For a second I thought I forgot I had wrote a post cause this honestly sounds like something I would write. I love creating ocs and worlds and stories and love hearing about what other people do and talk with them about their things. We could maybe be friends if you want. See if we are on the same level or so. Feel free to dm me

I feel you. I have great friend and all but they don't really care much for these sorts of things. I literally was looking for any possible way to connect with people that share my interests and that's how I ended up on this site.

Haha yikes. Well today was my birthday and literally 0 of my friends remembered, so,,, feeling pretty lonely and bad so I’m gonna impulsively give this a bump :’))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back