• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Lonely Road, Disaster RP

Uncultured

Dreamer/Cynic
It's 2018, the Soviet Union has launched ICBMs, targeting the US and its NATO allies. Missile defenses have been scrambled but the numbers are too vast, the missiles to quick.

As the US launch Minutemen ICBMs into the thermosphere, the Eastern seaboard falls, and as the first warheads fall on soviet cities and installations, the Midwest and West coast fall as well.

Elsewhere, the NATO countries have been devastated, along with China, India, Australia, USSR controlled Eastern Europe and most of Russia itself.

However, Central America, South America, Africa and vast portions of Asia and the Middle East remain untouched for the most part, with only select military installations targeted. Those who survive in targeted nations find themselves in an apocalyptic scenario, with their only hope being a migration away from centers of radioactive fallout.

This is the story of how you, and the rest of our group, will make way to the souther border to find refuge from nuclear fallout spreading over the US.

The story begins in the suburbs of Philadelphia. You're close enough to see the bombs fall, to feel their heat, but you have survived the initial bombing, being spared direct targeting in the town some forty minutes from Philly.

Elements of the National Guard have gathered people in a local School, collecting supplies from nearby stores awaiting orders dutifully, but after only a day it becomes apparent that there are no commanders left to provide direction, that the government has dissolved, and the military forces disperse, more concerned with their own families than the survival of the refugees.

With nuclear fallout beginning to take its toll on the health of the infirm and old, it becomes clear that staying put is not an option.

So a group forms, the goal? To reach the nearest nation still in tact. To head south to the Mexican border, to find refuge there.

Canada was not spared in the attack, ass such, Mexico is the nearest nation standing, so that's the nearest organized hub of civilization, in case you were wondering why the group won't go north.

But it will not be easy, as extreme weather, radiation storms, roving gangs, starvation and drought will stand in the way of our characters.

Last edited:
You HAVE to be kidding me. I forgot to watch the thread when I made it and figured it was dead.

I was active on this site when watching your own thread was automatic so I forget occasionally.

Will definitely be keeping an eye on how this develops. =) Not going to jump right in with both feet. I'm a little picky about my groups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back