London

FrostFire

Flaming Ice Queen
lodnon-al.jpg

Being the biggest city in the UK, London is full of diversity, culture, and the occasional werewolf gang or two...

Most species (if not all) can be found here, and the rampant crime in the city may or may not be caused by the clans of vampires facing off with the werewolves. Enjoy your time in one of the most dangerous cities in the world!

A chorus of car engines and yelling commuters was the waking call for Johnny Caynes. John himself awoke as he had done many mornings. On the couch in his underpants while hungover. A serious of moans and groans came from John as he got himself up of the couch. Wandering over to the bathroom the half naked man looked in the mirror. His eyes were red his hair looked liked it had been lost in a wind-funnel. "Well bollocks" he muttered as he went back to the main room. John was having a serious issue in remembering what happened last night. He can remember drinking and drinking and drinking and this nice lass he seemed to be try to erm well yes.

The apartment was made up of three rooms: bathroom, kitchen, living room and a bedroom. The bathroom was rather messy with the occasional bug or two. The living room was in a bit of a state with most of John's clothes from the previous night were flung about along with a pizza box or two. The kitchen had a fair few  unwashed dishes and the light seem to work only when it felt like it. The bedroom wasn't in too much of bad state mostly because, well that is were most of Johns magical items were kept. Can't have them on the coffee table. After boiling an egg and lighting a cigarette, he decides that a shower would probably be a good idea. 

Hana looked down at her notes that she kept in her bag. It was a rather loud neighborhood to be honest and didn't seem like the most desirable one either. She adjusted her shirt before knocking on the door. "Mr.Caynes? Mr.Caynes I know your in there." She said as she kept on knocking.  She stuffed her hands in her pocket and sighed. 

She hoped her travels was worth it, that she should've just took her chances with the other witches in her department. 

@SirGrey

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as the con man got out of the shower as a knock came at the door. As John dried off the knocking continued followed by shouting of his name. John had this happen before mostly cause he manages to get an amazing amount of people pissed off. Still while getting dress John decides to yell back "Yeah yeah keep ya knickers on I'll only be a bloody minute". Opening with suit and trench-coat he asks her "yeah what is it". @Robyn Banks 

The scent of smoke and dirty laundry punched her in her face. She held back the need to cough and cover her nose. She stared at him for a bit. His blood red eyes beaming at her yet his appearance  seemed professional enough. "Quite a night you had huh?" She commented with a smirk already deducting his eventful evening.  It was obvious by her southern American accent that she was native to these parts but that was something she would explain on a later note."Johnny Caynes. Age 31. Hometown is liverpool, UK. That's you correct? May I come in?" She ask...well not quite asking since she brushed past him without waiting on his response. She whistled at the sight of his apartment, it looked as if a tornado went around his flat. "Nice place you have here."  She stated sarcastically. She took a seat on his couch to be accompanied by  junk that was misplaced.  She crossed her legs and leaned back, not caring what happened to it at the moment.

@SirGrey

John looked over the woman at his door. Long blonde hair, brown-ish eyes. Skinny jeans,  read shirt and jacket. At a guess about twenty three and twenty two. Before Johnny had a chance to say anything the young woman seemed beat him to it. "Yeah I guess you could say that" John says with a smile. American accent, not local to here. Either she moved or she has travelled a long to meet him. If it was the latter, well he would feel sorry for her then. John was in his own words a nasty piece of work and this morning he looked even worse then normal. Again before John could ask any questions she regaled with information on himself  and made herself at home. At the sarcastic comment John decide to give on back saying "Oh well you know I do love to get home advice of fu****** strangers who just barge in". John stands across from her in the room. "Mind tell me what you want or are you too busy being smart arse" John asks as finishes his morning coffee. @Robyn Banks

She simply laughed at his remarks. "Woah partner, People tell me I have great taste in style." She smirked. She was very much aware of how must people saw her as by her actions but that didn't seem to change in anyway over the years." I think I could lay off being a Smart Ass for a while. My name is Hana Decody, American department for the Coven. I'm interested in you, Mr. Caynes. I was looking through your reports and You are quite the man I'm looking for. A lot of untapped potential. The Coven put me on a big case and requested for me to select a partner... I want that person to be you... Also do you have any more coffee? No wait Tea. I prefer tea."  

@SirGrey

John smirked a little at the style quote. She didn't seem to mean any harm by coming in here but you can never judge a book by its cover or so they say. Still this was his house and yes he did have a good night out, so what. As he listened to her he picked up on many details. He rolled his eyes at the mention of the Coven. He groaned at the untapped potential. "Well I'm faltered miss Decody but I got to be honest with ya lass I'm quite offended" John says as sits down in his arm chair. "I do my bit without ya little organisations help, I stop demons vampire and a whole bunch of nastiest and I get home and try to drink the memories of them away" John says with a serious and jokey tone. "Now I won't lie to and say I'm not interested sweetheart but if you travelled here from ya American department to come get me to help ya that tells me one thing, that no one else in your department is up to this or ya just have a thing for self destructive British guys" the con man says as he puts his feet up on the table. "Serious though if I'm worth all that trouble well I reckon I deserve payment of some kind so... what are you offering" John asks with a equal parts charming and dangerous smile. @Robyn Banks

"Don't roll your eyes at me Caynes. Look you can stay here and look like a Drunken loser all you want but what my task is will put an end to all the havoc you have to deal with once and for all...Hopefully anyways. This is your chance to prove to not only the world but to yourself that you are capable of doing something bigger than yourself." She sighed when she heard about the paychecks and him personally being wanted by the coven. "Well the Coven didn't necessarily ask you for personally but I thought you were perfect for the job. You're not like most people. You think outside the box, take full advantage of the situation at hand. Name your price and We'll settle this."

@SirGrey

@SirGrey

John looked down at his lighter for a bit. Maybe he had only been handling small fry maybe going for the big fish well maybe it would prove to the world and maybe even himself. Maybe prove he wasn't just a cynical con man. But a cynical con man who helped the world once. Still all that didn't mean he didn't want paying. "I think i'll go for a full pardon that the coven have mistakenly have me on record for" John said with the same wicked smile. "Oh so you wanted me huh, none of the other little witches in your organisation could cut when compared to me huh" John says with a smile. "Well no offence you don't seem to bad yourself. Partner".  @Robyn Banks

"It's not a mistake Mr.Caynes but yes that will do.... Oh and by the way Offense taken." She joked, she jumped to her feet. "No let's go Mr Caynes. We have a plane to catch, this took out more of my time than I expected." She beckoned him to follow her.

@SirGrey

"Oh well worth a try" the con man says jokingly. Going over to his bedroom John picked up a brown leather bag. It was  filled with many magical items and trinkets. John had put a spell on it to make it seem invisible to x-rays. Airports rarely do let you take monkey hands with you. Locking the apartment door John asks "Where we catching a plane to?". @Robyn Banks

"Faymarsh or close to it anyways. The nearest airport to it is about an hour or two away from there. Hope you don't made a car ride." She teased whilst making her way to the sidewalk. She began whistled for a taxi but had little luck.

@SirGrey.

@SirGrey

John lugged his bag with him as he followed his new partner. "Oh yeah of course not as if we've been sat down for long enough" Johnny says as he walks in front of a cab. It almost hits him. Going to the driver he says "Cheers mate" as he jumps in. "You join me lass?". @Robyn Banks

Her eyes widened as he stepped in front of the Cab. She almost casted a spell but luckily the Cab stopped on time. She sighed in relief. "This man must be crazy." She mumble while accepting Johnny's request to join him. " Thinking outside the box, even if it may get you killed." 

When they arrived at their stop the Cab Driver turned back to his passengers. "That'll be 1-"

"Yeah sure just take this, keep the change." She interrupted while handing him the money and speeding off. "Make haste Caynes, our plane is going to leave soon!"

@SirGrey

"Yeah well there is not point in worry about what might happen if it goes wrong and just think about it going wrong" John says as slouches back into the London cab. Many a drunk night spent in one of these. Once they arrive the con man grabs his bag and gets out of the cab. "Right okay". Johns says running after his new partner. @Robyn Banks

Little did she knew that some peculiar men were following them from behind, not seen to the human eye.

She looked at the board to see where their plane is located before carrying on. " So Johnny boy have you ever been to the U.S. before?"

@SirGrey

Johnny felt a cold shiver go down his back as they went through the airport, filled with lost souls and lost luggage. Looking around he almost missed  Hana's questions. "Oh what yeah I been to the good old US before your people weird me out and smells pretty bad" John said sardonically. @Robyn Banks

She scoffed. "You should be one to judge." Obviously talking about uis lifestyle.She started to feel a little chill but brushed it off. "Why are you looking around for? Its like you've seen a ghost or something."

@SirGrey

"Well I guess I am but hey at least I didn't go running off after someone who lives like did I" John joked as they waited to get on the plane. "Its nothing just forget it" he says as he tries to forget what happened "I just thought someone was following us". @Robyn Banks (Are we moving to Faymarsh?)

She shrugged off his comment before giving the lady the tickets for them to enter. Hana took the window seat and seemed to prep herself for the worst. She listened to the attendees authorized information video for safety more than most, it was obvious something was wrong and it soon was realized when the plane took off. She clinched to the closing thing to her that so happened to be Johnny. when she realized what she was doing, she cleared her throat and let go. "Sorry, afraid of planes."

@SirGrey

Johnny sighs at the shrug. Placing his bag in overhead storage and  taking his seat next to Hana John prepared to get a bit of rest. He didn't pay much if any at all attention to the information video. If it crashes then hey at least he won't have to pay the rent. Taking off didn't seem to bother the con man and defiantly not as much as it did his travelling companion.  He was a first a bit confused by Hana grabbing him, but overall he didn't mind it too much.  He gave a reassuring smile saying "All that you must of seen in your line of work and planes scare you". @Robyn Banks

She pinched him."Don't judge my fears Johnny." She felt the airplane move and clenched to her seat. "If driving a car to American to the UK was possible believe me, I wouldn't done it... Why don't you take me mind off the trip or maybe I should just take a nap. whatever makes the flight shorter."

@SirGrey

The con man winced a little at the pinch, saying "I wasn't I was just saying its ironic is all". Leaning back into his chair. "Well ain't that a shame still in a car you don't get an in flight movies" Johnny says as he goes over the films available. Harry Potter pfff made ever British bloke who knows magic shudder. Turning back to his companion he says "Well I don't know you can go to sleep for all I care I mean its not as if we have anything to talk about like oh I don't how come you haven't told we have gone after". @Robyn Banks

She pinched him again. "I was getting there Johnny...We're going to take some high aristocratic Vampires, Kitsune, probably even demons. We have reason to believe that they are planning to 'Expand.' To the himan world. Hut We have to go to their home field though and the portal is in Faymarsh, America." She took out an Air magazine and started to scroll through the pages.

@SirGrey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back