• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy London Demons

Aspen couldn't remember the last time she had felt butterflies in her stomach. It was a rushing feeling that spread through her fingers and filled her with a rush of excitement. Looking up along the dark gloomy hill she felt darkness surrounding her, almost suffocating her. It was the feeling anyone in their right mind would share if they knew a demon was close by. Aspen checked the ivory blade that she kept fastened at her side. Knowing it was there helped her to calm down slightly, and she took a few deep breaths just in case. Tying her dark red hair in a loose bun, Aspen began to lay out a map of the demon Saurus's lair. There were only two ways into the castle, through the roof, or underground. Aspen decided her best bet was a quick entry into the small glass window that was above the demons stash of treasure. It was common knowledge that this would be full of traps, but Aspen was prepared. She knew how to outwit a demon. They may be powerful beasts but they are also arrogant and self centered. They will kill their own kind if necessary and thats what disgusted Aspen the most. Her opinions on demons didn't matter right now. What she really needed was to focus on the artifact. She had come across its whereabouts through a spy she had befriended in London. It was said to have a map buried inside it that would lead to the holy oracle, the only person capable of saving them from this hell.

She made her way up the the side of the building, and watched as smoke and soot seeped from the bricks. Aspen quietly, and quickly made her way up the side of the building, making sure not to be heard by the surrounding guards. She finally grabbed on to the side of the roof, pulling herself up in one slightly ungraceful motion. She laid down the map again along with a small green compass. It had been one of the only things left for her at the orphanage, and had immense tracking powers. It could sense a demon presence from a mile away , and gave power level incase we would need to kill it. It seemed that Saurus was in another room, and by the unholy stench, Aspen could tell it was not going to be a pleasant sight. She pried the Window open and was about to let herself down when she spotted someone across the roof. Cloaked in black she could tell they hadn't noticed her yet. They continued to make their way towards her and Aspen bent down to get her compass to see if this figure was a threat to her mission. Fumbling through her stuff Aspen was horrified to see that she had left it a few feet away. Leaning over she desperately tried to retrieve it without being seen. Just as her hands clasped around it she was met face to face with the mysterious stranger. He was too handsome to be a demon, and his ice blue eyes pierced through her, glaring at her with a look of surprise. She turned around, brushed the soot off her face, and quickly pulled out her knife. “Going for a midnight stroll are we? What business do you have with the demon Saurus?”

Kirian made the mistake of going underground. He fought his way through hordes of demon bats before finding the entrance to the castle. He began to make his way upwards through the castle, he finally arrived at one of the upper levels, then there was the girl. He had stumbled back and didnt bother making a move for his sword, knowing she'd gut him if he attempted to, he spoke in a silent yet smooth voice "What buisness I have with Saurus? Im here for his hide. He's a threat to people and as a Demon Hunter I take those who endanger human lives off the street.." He watched her carefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aspen had heard of demon hunters before. They were ruthless murders who would stop at nothing to kill a demon if it was set at the right price. Still Saurus was not your average cold blooded monster. If A demon hunter was sent after him this guy must be a pretty big deal. Not anyone would come, willing to fight such a demon unless they had a death wish. All Aspen wanted was a quick steal; in and out, like a shadow, escaping any danger. Her best option was to keep him close by. She could use someone with a good head on their shoulders who knew their way around a blade. Returning her dagger to its place by her hip, Aspen reached out her hand, offering a handshake towards the mysterious stranger. "My name is Aspen Withers. Im not here to ask questions, but there is one thing I would like to ask. I can help you with the demon. Ive been studying him, and tracking his whereabouts for over a month now. If anyone can help you get in and out with a quick kill it's me. Now I'm willing to help you if you stay out of my business. I'm on a mission here and I cant have anyone getting in my way, got it?" she raised an eyebrow, studying his face, trying to see if she'd made the right choice. Aspen usually was not one to trust strangers, and she didn't plan to know. The moment they were inside it was everyman for himself. She knew the demon would be distracted by this demon hunter, making the artifact an easy target.

Kirian Couldn't believe what he heard,this girl would willingly fight a demon with him? He shook Aspens hand reluctantly and spoke "Alright Aspen. Ill stay out of what your doing. You help me kill a demon. Seems like a square deal to me." Kirito knew it really wasn't. He planned to ditch her and use her as bait on the floor Saurus inhabited. He smirked to himself

Aspen easily maneuvered her way down the small opening of the window, taking out a flashlight to light their path. The room smelled of decay, and moss, not something Aspen welcomed open heartedly. She waved her companion over, pointing towards the small patch of light that was at the end of the hall. Fastening the blade by her side she began to move towards it, unsure what to expect. It wasn't everyday that you found yourself face to face with a demon as strong as Saurus. She pulled out her compass, scanning the area before they moved any further. She crouched by the opening, looking behind her to check to see if the demon hunter was still behind her. She watched as he pulled out his blade, and she did the same. “There are two weaker guards at the entrance to the demons lair. If we can sneak past them we should be fine. Saurus has traps set up here, here, and here.” Aspen pointed to the locations on the map, looking back up to make sure he got it, he gave a small nod and she continued. “Ill help you defend of Saurus’s minions but I leave the final kill up to you. I have more important things to worry about.” Aspen had also located the artifact, but the only problem was that Saurus was keeping it close to him, making the mission only possible if she stayed by the demon hunter. “You ready?”

Kirian listened silently, taking her words into account "Okay,im happier with the final blow anyways.." He readied his blade silently,it gleamed in the night, reflecting the sharpness. He approached the door, crouched as the guards came into view,with two sickening squelches,they dropped to the floor, dead in a pool of blood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching a demon hunter at work was like seeing pigs go to the slaughter. The two guards stood no chance against his sharp blade and agile reflexes. Aspen followed close behind, tightening the grip on her weapon. “That was quick,” she whispered under her breath, scanning her new surroundings. Just as she expected the demon was in the main throne room, identifiable through the rotting stench that suddenly filled her nose. Looking up she saw a small black rune above the door. The demon hunter obviously hadn't noticed it and she grabbed his arm before he could keep moving. There were the butterflies in her stomach again but Aspen choose to brush them off. “Don’t move,” she pointed up towards the doorway, showing him what she had found. “Its demon magic. One more step and you’d be dead.” He gave her a small nod of gratitude before they continued. Taking out her small staff she knelt down and began to draw a small rune below their feet. The floor glowed a brilliant red, and the small black rune disappeared. “That should be good for now. Lets continue on shall we.” Aspen brushed a small strand of hair behind her ear and peered into the throne room. Saurus was lying down on a massive throne, feasting on what Aspen presumed could only be human remains. There were only ten guards, five on each side, who all seemed to be distracted by Saurus’s meal. “I have a plan but just hear me out first,” she whispered, looking back up to his ice blue eyes. “theres a balcony above the guards. If we jump from there we should have the element of surprise. Only problem is we don’t want Saurus to see us. Fighting of five or so demons each isnt to bad, but add a high level monster like Saurus and were dead. Maybe if we have a distraction? What do you think?”

Kirian smirked and pulled a smoke bomb from his pocket "Will these do?" He asked and looked at Aspen. She was very good at making ideas, better then he was. He would have ran in and killed them all,before fighting Saurus.

"Perfect," Aspen smirked, grabbing one from his hand, " I'm pretty sure the stairs to the balcony are this way." As they made their way towards the stairs Aspen tried to peek through the railing to see where Saurus was keeping the artifact. Some said that it was a book while others said that it was a golden necklace. No one knew for sure though because no human had ever come close enough to see it. Aspen decided she was going to grab anything that looked remotely like it and hope for the best. The staircase split into two sections and aspen decided they should split up. “I’ll take the left side, you take the right.” They both nodded and began to run their separate directions. She made it to the area above the demons, and signaled towards the demon hunter. “One, two, three,” she mouthed silently, realizing the smoke bomb towards the demons. Jumping down she pulled out her blade, slitting the throat of the closest demon. It fell the the floor with a sickening thud, and Aspen moved on the the next one. She couldn't see the demon hunter anymore, but could hear the cries of the demons as he killed them. Aspen decided to go look for the artifact since the demon hunter could handle these weak demons on his own. She made her way over the the stash of treasure, hiding behind a marble statue. Nothing around her stood out specifically, and she began to loose hope. She didn't have much time to worry though because she suddenly felt a hand wrap around her mouth, stifling her cries. “Looks like we have visitors boys,” the demon whispered, throwing Aspens blade to the ground. Saurus was a mixture between a human and a snake, with yellow eyes, and scaly skin that uncomfortably rubbed against Aspen arm. She tried to get free, or scream for help, but the demon hunter was nowhere in sight. “Such a pretty little thing,” the demon whispered, raising her face to gaze into his own, “you’ll make such a tasty meal.” Aspen tried to scream but no words came out. Suddenly she felt a oozing liquid dripping down her forehead onto her arm. Blood. she looked up to where the demons head was, but now she saw it lying on the floor. Saurus body crumpled to the ground, and the demon hunter removed his blade from its neck. Aspen fell to the ground. She didn't want to show any weakness, but she couldn't help the small tear that slid down her face. “Thank you,” she murmured in between tears, “i’m just so... so weak.”

He had dropped his bomb and everything blacked for him, he knew he was killing the demons from their cries. After finishing his half he looked for Aspen, he saw Saurus holding her, he lunged and slammed the blade into its neck, watching as it dropped he ripped the blade out and knelt by her "Are you okay..?" He asked softly.

"To be honest no. I came here knowing what I was up against. How could I be so stupid. If you weren't here I wouldn't have stood a chance against Saurus. Thank you.” She wiped a tear from her eye, and felt utterly stupid for crying like a baby. She normally wasn't one to open up to people so casually, but it felt nice. It seemed that the Hunter had cleared out all the demons, leaving nothing behind but their gruesome remains. Aspen pulled herself up, remembering her mission, and the artifact she must find. “I guess this is it, “ she said, reaching out her hand. Shaking his hand she suddenly felt a prick and a warm glow surround them. They both looked up towards each other it shock, as a small metal metal circle dropped to the ground. “What the...” Aspen bent town, seeing that the small object was in fact a blade. “The artifact,” Aspen whispered, picking it up, “but what are you doing with it?”

"..." Kirian eyed the blade, it was well made and looked ancient, he couldnt tell what it was or what the girl would do with it. She couldn't wield a blade, she was too small and fragile. The weight of the blade would make her fall.

"No matter, ill just be taking this, " she said, trying to retrieve the blade from the ground. She didn't understand what the mysterious light had been, and she couldn't care. Right now she had the artifact, and she needed to get out. It was almost to heavy for her to carry, but right now Aspen couldn't let on that she was weak. The demon hunter eyed her with amusement, and she flashed him a smirk of annoyance. "Goodbye demon hunter, this has been fun."

"Indeed it has Theif..Stay safe.."He seemingly dissapeared into the shadows, already out a window and heading away from the castle,towards my hideout as quickly as I could. Dodging past trees,rocks and the occasional demon, each demon finding the end of their life

Aspen watched as the demon hunter left, and she realized she had never asked for his name. " No matter," she whispered to herself, and began to make her way home. She had found an underground root through the tunnel that could get her back home without being seen. Aspen lived alone in an abandoned church on the outskirts of London. She felt safe there since no demon would ever venture into a holy sanctuary. She set the artifact down on her bedside table, and breathed a sigh of relief. The next morning she planned to go into downtown to meet a man who presumably could help her find the holy oracle using the artifact. Rain poured down and she felt sorry for anyone left in the awful storm brewing outside. As she fell fell asleep the cold, icy face of the demon hunter popped into her head. "Stupid," she whispered to herself, rolling over and falling into a deep sleep.

Kirian arrived at his hideout, the top floor of a large building. No demons ventured to the top,and met their swift death if they did. He ate silently, before laying down. Briefly he thought of the girl before dismissing it, deciding to sleep. He slowly fell into a deep sleep

Aspen could have slept for much longer but she felt herself waking up to the blinding light coming from her window. Her memory seemed slightly foggy from the night before, but as she began to move around it all came flooding back to her. The Demon hunter, Saurus, the article, everything seemed like a fuzzy dream. Getting ready she prepared to head into London to meet the mysterious man that was going to help her find the oracle. Packing a few provisions she began to make her was through the brightly lit forest. Not to many demons came out into daylight, but with pollution it made them easy to inhabit large crowded cities. Making her way towards central London she found the small pub where they were supposed to meet. It was hidden carefully so no demon or monster could find it. It was a cozy little place, furnished to look like a ancient british pub. She settled herself into a small corner booth. She was tired from the long journey and felt herself slowly drifting to sleep.

Kirian had sat in the pub for ages,waiting for possible contractors to arrive. He hadn't noticed the girl walk in, as he was too distracted by several hooded people arrive in the pub. He gripped his sword cautiously and looked for signs of demons.

"Oy Girl wake up." Aspen felt herself being violently awoken by a man, hiding half his face behind a silver mask. "Darian sent me. By the looks of it i'm guessing your Aspen. Not very smart to fall asleep in a place like this. " Running her fingers through her hair she sat up straight, looking at the man in front of her. He wasn't exactly the type of person she had been expecting to met. She extended her hand, giving him a brief handshake, and stifiling a yawn. " To be honest I thought you would be much older. Its unusual to see someone like you hunting down information on the oracle. "

"Same to you. Whats a young girl like you want with the oracle."

"Information, peace, an end to this madness, you name it."

"And you think you can do this by yourself? Seriously?" He let himself into the booth, sitting across from her, ams crossed by his sides. "Names Theo by the way. No what have you brought me?" Aspen reached into her bag, ready to pull out the artifact. She had come all this way and finally she could get some closure on what this all ment. Just before she could show, a panicked cry can from across the room. "Demons, Run, come on everyone out!" Jumping to her feet she pulled out her blade, looking for the source of danger.

Kirian was the first up, slamming his sword across a nearby demons throat. He ducked and tried to get everyone to safety. He cut down any demons in his way, noticing the girl, he made his way to her and yelled "Get out of here!"

Aspen began to look around, seeing several demons blocking the exit. Making her way towards them she saw a man had already beat her to it. The demon hunter looked the same as he had the day before, and Aspen felt weird seeing him again. Their last meeting had been anything but ordinary, and it seemed that they only ever met when danger was involved. He shouted at her to get out, but Aspen wasn't done yet. She needed to find Theo who had somehow disappeared immediately into the shadows. She turned around to see a demon, approaching the demon hunter with an ax in hand, ready to attack. "Watch out," she yelled, just in time for him to get away. "What the hell are you doing here? Trouble seems to follow you, doesn't it."

"I have that sort of luck." He ripped his blade through the approaching demon, then felt a ripping pane through his back. He'd been cut before but this was worst. Through his side was a long arrow. It had pierced his back and came through the other side. His ears began to ring. He used what was left of his strength to flip a table as cover, collapsing behind it.

Aspen reached down to help him, also taking cover behind the table. The wound was painful, obviously causing him immeasurable pain. The arrow was wedged deeply into his side and Aspen knew that she couldn't take it out without him bleeding to death. "Hang in there ok?" Thankfully the pub was full of well equipt fighters who were able to defend of the remaining demons that the demon hunter hadn't already finished off. Looking over the table the pub was silent, looking more like a battlefield then a bar. Their was no sign of Theo and Aspen felt sick that she had missed her chance for information. Looking back down the demon hunter seemed on the verge of passing out. Aspen decided that it was best if she brought him back with her to the church. She had good medical supplies there that would easily help him recover in no time. Borrowing an abandoned car she took the quickest route back home, not worrying about demons following her. The demon hunter looked on the verge of death and Aspen felt that this could be her way of paying him back for saving her life. Throwing him over her shoulder she made her way out of the car towards the church. She was small but she was strong, especially when it was a life or death situation. Helping him into the sanctuary she fetched her medical supplies, and gave him anything should could to help with the pain. Removing the arrow in one quick motion she watched as he regained consciousness. "Sorry," she quickly apologized, covering the wound with bandages. "You ok? "

Everything was a blur to Kirian, the girl, the car, the church. Everything cleared as he regained consciousness. He heard her words, muffled but understandable. "Don't be sorry..And I hope I don't look as bad as I feel.." Kirian's words were soft, weak. He was much unlike when they had first met.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back