Login Here

Watching the gift exchange hands made him a bit uneasy, just as everything else that day involving those two. However, he simply shrugged off the feeling and continued on his way.

"Well, you two have fun today. Oh, and I hope we're still on to talk later today, Lurie; I'd love to get caught up on everything that's happened in the guild this past week." He wanted to talk to Lurie about it, because she was the guild member he knew the best, even if they'd only had a few conversations.

He then turn his attention back to Rita for the first time since they got to the Jewelry store. "I have two more stops along the way to make, but they'll be quick; certainly quicker than this. Is that alright?"

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 RaynaFon RaynaFon

Like all the players, Joshua was concerned with that notification 10 days ago. He had bought the game after hearing about the praises his friend Kyle practically sang to him, despite not having played it himself. Joshua had agreed to Kyle's idea of playing as dwarf "brothers" together and created Jorman, his dwarf ranger. Unfortunately for Joshua (although fortunate for Kyle, who planned on joining the next day), the notification was the signal he would not be meeting his dwarf brother in the game.

Jorman, in the following days took the advice from other players to grind for those early levels. At first it was easy being guided by the game mechanics, but he nearly met his end due to a reckless mistake involving a goblin scouting party, that luckily only resulted in the death of a wolf he had tamed a day before. He had heard from others you can respawn, but the game did not remove that fear of death. After a day of much needed rest, Jorman headed back out with some new leather armor, but holding off on a new weapon until later. Thoughts of his mom came to mind often, as he continued his days grinding in the nearby forest for the most part without the company of other players.

This day however was a little different from the rest with the combat disabled. With naught to do, as any proper adventurer Jorman found himself at the tavern. As he was savoring his only meal for the day, Jorman was wondering how advanced the NPCs are, they seemed to not be the typical one response NPCs of towns like these. Wanting to try out how detailed they are, Jorman waved down the bartender.

"Excuse me, have you heard any of the gossip around town? I'm sure other adventurers tend to speak pretty openly here."

Like all the players, Joshua was concerned with that notification 10 days ago. He had bought the game after hearing about the praises his friend Kyle practically sang to him, despite not having played it himself. Joshua had agreed to Kyle's idea of playing as dwarf "brothers" together and created Jorman, his dwarf ranger. Unfortunately for Joshua (although fortunate for Kyle, who planned on joining the next day), the notification was the signal he would not be meeting his dwarf brother in the game.

Jorman, in the following days took the advice from other players to grind for those early levels. At first it was easy being guided by the game mechanics, but he nearly met his end due to a reckless mistake involving a goblin scouting party, that luckily only resulted in the death of a wolf he had tamed a day before. He had heard from others you can respawn, but the game did not remove that fear of death. After a day of much needed rest, Jorman headed back out with some new leather armor, but holding off on a new weapon until later. Thoughts of his mom came to mind often, as he continued his days grinding in the nearby forest for the most part without the company of other players.

This day however was a little different from the rest with the combat disabled. With naught to do, as any proper adventurer Jorman found himself at the tavern. As he was savoring his only meal for the day, Jorman was wondering how advanced the NPCs are, they seemed to not be the typical one response NPCs of towns like these. Wanting to try out how detailed they are, Jorman waved down the bartender.

"Excuse me, have you heard any of the gossip around town? I'm sure other adventurers tend to speak pretty openly here."

Tod was busy eating a bowl of stew when he noticed a dwarf ask the bartender about any gossip. "You'd be better of asking a begger, no offense to you." He said towards the bartender. "They know all the good gossip because people don't notice them, plus it costs less to bribe them." He finished his meal and turned towards the dwaf wIth a smile and said. "The names Tod nice to meet you."
Hexblood Bandit Hexblood Bandit

Mahan was glad hear that Lurie liked the necklace. He was even impressed himself that it would go so well. Huh well now I know what to do for everyone else now.

"Thanks I tried my best to get it to look as good as possible. And don't worry about how much it is worth. I told you I was making something for you specifically so no worries about that." It was true that if it didn't have the restriction on it then that necklace could of been sold to a noble for a large sum of gold. But money aside like he told Clancy, if it helps them it helps the guild as a whole.

Putting away all the tools he watched as Clancy started to head out with Rita with Lurie telling them where to meet up later. He wasn't really interested in their plans to talk later since that was their business. Besides for now he had her all to himself, well he would once they left the store. The question was to where really. His original plans bombed and making the necklace was easier then expected. He didn't want to mess up anymore today so he needed to think fast.

"Lurie we're heading out as well actually. Do want to walk this time or ride in the carriage?"

RaynaFon RaynaFon Sizniche Sizniche

Jorman raises an eyebrow at the man's remark before answering back, "Likewise. Mine is Jorman. You look like a man who knows a good amount of gossip yourself." He pauses shifting in his seat to better face the man before continuing, "Since you don't seem like beggar, what sorts of things have you heard Tod?"

Tod shrugged as Jorman asked what he knew. "Nothing of to much importance, as you said I'm not a begger so people notice me." He said as he thought about the things he'd heard about when he was doing odd jobs. "There are a few people in the city who have a rat problem and would pay good coin if someone would supply them with poisons. That and the blacksmiths wife is having an affair with a bard but I don't think you'd be interested in that." He looked over at his empty bowl and sighed. "I can't wait to actually get out there and level a little. As it is now I'll be sweeping floors for food forever." His stomach let out a long growl. "Shut up you, your the cause of all this."
Hexblood Bandit Hexblood Bandit

"Rumor? I've got a rumor for you."

The cloaked man sat at a table close to the bar, his feet kicked up on a table that was seemingly empty moments earlier. It was a favorite tactic of his; to stealth himself to eavesdrop on others, and appear randomly and surprisingly.

"They say a craftsman is squirreled away somewhere in the forest. A good one; one of the few that can produce Unique and Heroic gear. He's incredibly reclusive, though, a hard man to find. But, it could be worth it. After all, good gear is everything in this game."

He chuckled to himself.

fuil fuil Hexblood Bandit Hexblood Bandit

Tod gave the hooded man a long serious look as you could practically see the gears turning in his head be for he gets a lightbulb look. "Hey aren't you the bard who's having an affair with the blacksmiths girl?!"
He said as he looked over the hooded man. "Yeah you have the same cloths and everything."
Sizniche Sizniche

"Heh, a bard? That's a new one," the man said, "I've been called a brigand, a bandit, a bloodsucker, a blight on society, hell, I've even been called a bitch. But the term 'bard' is a new one." He stood up, rising to his full height, which he'd intentionally set in character creation to be extremely tall as to be intimidating as possible.

"People around here know me as Batista. I can show you the way to that craftsman... for a price."

Tod looked at him and stood up and looked him right in the eye and said. "Well there are three reasons why I'm about to say no, first is that your creepy as hell and give off a very strong white van vibe, two from all the titles you gave me your not a very nice guy, third and this is the most important.......I'm flat broke." He crossed his arms. "So unless you can give me good reason to trust you and some time to pay of this price I'm a no go."

Batista turned away from the man as he spoke.

"Because combat is disabled; there's nothing I can really do to you. In addition, there seems to be a heavy emphasis on sourcing good gear in this game. Tell me, how good is your gear? Because I assure you that you'll find it's not good enough. It's never good enough. And if you don't believe my claim, seek out members of a guild called "Eclipse". I guarantee you that every one of them, without fail, will tell you of a master craftsman who disappeared six days ago. Well, all but one."

He chuckled once more. There was one person in the guild who knew where the craftsman was.

fuil fuil

Tod nodded as the creepy guy told him the reasons. "Huh.......well the I guess those are good reasons." He said as he thought for a little bit. "Ok then I guess I'll go along with you Mr.Tall dark and creepy stranger." His stomach gave a loud growl. "Shut up you. So then what about you Jarman, you coming?"
Sizniche Sizniche Hexblood Bandit Hexblood Bandit

The size of the new arrival and Tod who also seems rather tall, reminded Jorman of his rather short frame as a dwarf. Scratching his beard and weighing his options, Jorman entertained the thought of getting new gear, specifically a new bow or something better if he plans on moving up more.

"An affair with an NPC, wasn't sure if they had some rules against that sort of thing, but then again I am aware that the administration is lacking." He crossed his arms, and had to look up more than he would have liked at Batista's face, "I am interested of course in what you offer, but a man as reclusive as you say he is, and happens to take refuge with Unique and Heroic gear in the forest does not seem like he is much of a honest merchant. "

The inquiry put Batista in a difficult position. Not an impossible one by any means, but one he could talk his way out of. On one hand, he could admit that the man is no merchant at all; that he is just a craftsman intentionally avoiding people, particularly guilds, and would probably make the gear to get you to fuck off. On the other, he could double down and assure them that the man was legitimate. Neither of these choices were ideal. Instead, he chose to do something completely counter intuitive and combine the two options.

"The man is a serial introvert, but will produce gear for you just to rank up his crafting abilities and to get more money for materials. This man takes great joy in crafting, as it seems that he might actually be a sort of craftsman in the real world. He has no real goals beyond that."

Jorman still had his suspicions but kept them to himself. Satisfied that at least there is not much harm in going he answered back, "If that is the case I can use a new bow. What is your price for the rest of the information?"

"I'll take you to his workshop for 500 gold each. Half now, half on fulfillment of duty. I don't accept IOU's."

He sat back down at his table and kicked his feet up again.

"I'll wait here until you two come up with the money. Until next time."

And with that, he restealthed and sat in silence.

Yuna smiled as she walked towards the pet shop with Loki, but her expession clouded when she got the message about two people being killed. it send a shiver down her spine and she took Loki's hand because she felt safer that way.

"hm? yea, I keep an eye on Fabian" she agreed and gave a whistle to call Fabian and to tell him to stay close to them.

RaynaFon RaynaFon

~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Prey walked the other way from the couple, she was heading out of this city, too many players here and they were all equally stupid, especially the Eclypse ones and they seemed to be everywhere. It was best to head back to the city of beginnings, at least she'd get a little more peace and quiet there, or she hoped so.

She send Marvel a message telling her where she was going to in case Marvel went looking for her. Then she headed to the portal that brought her back to the all too familliar town where she had spend the first days of the game.

Ellena has be killed by the Ripper."
"Bella has been killed by the Ripper."

"Interesting. I simply must investigate this, later." Prrrgadilly paused and added another reminder to his UI. Whoever this Ripper character is, I believe I need to learn their unique set of skills, for myself. Prrrgadilly grinned at the thought of being able to kill players when they think they're safe, and can't fight back. Cultivating that kind of fear in a player base would sky-rocket his social notoriety. He should probably see if he could find the two murdered players and take a testimony; their input could be valuable. And suddenly I have quite a bit to do, on a day when I expected to be bored, but one step at a time. First step: Find Liliana and secure this event's reward. Nodding, Prrrgadilly entered the church proper to interrogate the priests on the habits of rogue angels.

[Be you of Helios or Luna, Mars or Hathor, all children of Light are welcome here. I am Father Allbright. How may I assist you in your quest to gain Brilliance, my child?] Upon entering the church, Prrrgadilly was approached by a middle aged priest with a warm smile and twinkling blue eyes. Prrrgadilly took a short moment to admire attention to detail; Father Allbright wasn't the least bit intimidating, but even Prrrgadilly somehow felt... inadequate standing before him, as if the Father would always be a rung up on the transcendental ladder but would never gloat.

Pushing his unease aside, Prrrgadilly presented an equally warm. "I was hoping to receive a bit of your incite into-" Prrrgadilly was interrupted by the banging of the church doors as a player made her presence known. He was already signing out the spell for a fire infused Crystal Magic Spear with one hand before he realized it was just a player, and that combat was still disabled. Calming himself, he glared daggers at the rambunctious healer before taking a deep breath and turning back to the Father. "As I was saying, I was hoping you would have information on angels that visit the mortal plane."

Cynthiera Cynthiera Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Last edited:
Loki blushed when Yuna took her hand. She knew it wasn't what she had meant, probably, but they looked like the other couples walking down the street now. Holding onto Yuna's hand a little firmly, but not enough to hurt; Yuna's hand was warm.

Smiling, Loki walked next to Yuna.

"Don't worry, the guards are probably looking for that Ripper person, so they likely can't do anything again soon."

Summer Breeze Summer Breeze

Lurie got up from her seat when Mahan addressed him.

"Um, the carriage is fine. You got it for us to use after all. Beside, I don't mind riding it with you as thanks for the necklace."

Lurie smiled in a teasing way.

"Alright were are we going?"

Rita walked out of the store with Clancy.

"Sure, I do not mind, if it will get us started. So where to next?"

Rita walked on Clancy to lead them to the next place.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Sizniche Sizniche

Mahan was glad to hear that she didn't mind riding in the carriage with him. He opened the door for them as they started to head out when she asked where they were going. He still didn't know but used all the brain cells he had to come up with an answer. Think brain you have to be fast now for my sake.

"Going? Oh I wanted to take you to the costume shop to try some on for fun." Giving that answer felt a bit half-assed but he did know that anything else would seem possibly worse. I mean they could get something to eat but Lurie is an amazing enough cool that getting food seemed unnecessary, well unless she suggested it anyway. And running around delivering letters would be too distracting since they would have to focus on finding the person the letter was for. And well unless something crazy the church was off-limits. In the end costume shopping could be fun and a good bonding moment.

"If you want we can even buy some to keep for when you don't feel like running around in your robes."

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Last edited:
Yuna nodded "I know they probably are but still..." she muttered as she looked around nervously. Fabian was still walking near them so everything was fine. She took a deep breath and calmed down a little but still didn't let go of Loki's hand, it was nice to walk hand in hand with her.

"where exactly is the pet shop here?" She asked Loki, she wasn't that familliar with the city of light yet despite having been here for a few days.

RaynaFon RaynaFon

"It's not to far away from here." Loki answered Yuna. She wasn't really surprised Yuna didn't know where it was. After all the most they spent in the city was the market place and the manor while they grinded for exp. Even then, the most they spent at the market place were the general shops. The pet store was not very high on their list of places to go to. Loki had seen it when she had gotten Vincent. Speaking of Vincent, Loki had him keeping watch over the manor while everyone was away. He enjoyed sunbathing on the roof anyways, so it was a win-win.

At the end of the marketplace was the pet and mount shops. From there, one could look down the stone road and see the lower residential area and the docks leading out to the large lake. It was a very beautiful site and many of the npc and player couples were sitting on benches around them. The cool breeze from the lake blew in their face and Loki moved hair from her eyes.

"Pretty cool huh?" Loki spoke out to Yuna and Kazmor with a grin. "It's scenes like this that make you wonder if you weren't born here."

Loki pointed to a pair of buildings to their right. One had a stable and nyahing could be heard from inside.

"That's our stop. The pet shop and the mount shop"

Summer Breeze Summer Breeze Kilvayne Kilvayne

Lurie headed out of the shop and waved goodbye to Catria with a smile.

"Oh, the costume shop sounds fun. Maybe I'll find something that looks good on me."

This was the first time Lurie would be going to the costume shop after all and she thought the outfit Loki had gotten was nice. Lately she had wanted to got see the shop after hearing that they had gotten new outfits.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63

"Alright then by carriage we should get there pretty quickly,"he said helping Lurie into the carriage."Driver to the costume shop please."

[Yes Sir we should be there in just a moment.] *carriage takes off*

They had some time so he decided to listen to what Lurie had said and actually try to learn about her. Besides things wouldn't get any better if all he knew was that she could cook and she played as a healer.

"So Lurie we might as well get to know each other better. What kind of things do you like? Or actually if that is too broad a question then what interested you in playing Titan Age in the first place?"

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back