• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern [ 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞 ]

Characters
Here
WITNESS STATEMENT
september 1st
8:00am

this scrolls too btw just in case the text overflows
BECKHAM GRAY ✦​

This statement (consisting of fourteen pages each signed by me) is true to the best of my knowledge and belief and I make it knowing that, if it is tendered in evidence, I shall be liable to prosecution if I have wilfully stated in it anything which I know to be false or do not believe to be true.

I suppose I should start at the beginning. Not the beginning, but the beginning of summer. Just before it all started. I mean, it technically started years ago, but that's not the bit you're interested in yet, right? I can't believe I'm rambling, sorry. Cops make me nervous, I expect you see it all the time. Even lady cops, Detective, yes.

The plan was to meet at my family's motel. I booked a few rooms out and we were going to pile in for a night-- a pre-trip party, I guess you could say. I told everyone it was no big deal but actually I had to work overtime for months before my parents would sign off on it. That's not really relevant, though, is it?

Everyone was excited to go camping. We were planning to set up by Starks' Pond, just at the edge of the forest-- a couple of the group were apprehensive about sleeping in the woods themselves. Personally, I thought it was less creepy because it was less exposed, but I digress.

I'll start the story -- sorry, the account -- on the day of the motel stay. The thing you have to realise is that everything was complicated already. I met Ari, Kit, and Fish earlier that morning to... We met up. Yeah, sorry, that's Arielle Monroe, Christian Hearst, and Isla Fisher. We're pretty tight. I mean, I only met Fish properly through Ari, but she's always been cool. Ari had the official RSVP list-- I think you have that in evidence now. So we knew who was coming, and we knew how many ounces of... chips we had to buy. Then Kit said something about going to see Thelma for a bit, and we kind of split til the evening. I went to the pharmacy though, for painkillers, and I saw Piper and checked she was still coming. She was. Nice girl, actually. Made a lot of new friends with this trip. Shame it ended so weirdly. I got to know Margot better, too. Before I'd only really met her in the smokers' group at school. I can admit that now I'm not enrolled, right? I got to meet Rome, too. He was new to town, ish. I can't remember who brought him along but he was a sweet kid, from the little I knew of him. Maybe it was Ricky. He tries to make friends with everybody.

Emory was coming, which was cool. He's had it pretty rough, and he's fun, so I was excited on a selfish level as well as a selfless one. I was kinda surprised, to be honest, and surprised about Nerissa as well. I think Ricky -- Enrique -- might've had something to do with that. Kid's relentless, and follows her around like a dog. I don't know if they were an item, honestly. Maybe ask Ricky yourself.

Blair and Delphine definitely were, last I heard. I don't really follow the gossip much, though. Weird you brought me in first. But yeah, they were together, I reckon. Which was weird, and it sort of came out of the blue. Never really seemed that passionate, if you get what I mean. I know Delphine had some sort of argument with Jackson on the trip, but we'll get to that.

I guess the big drama was Michelle and Davion breaking up. It was like, the day before the motel that we all found out, and it was like... I didn't know if the trip would even happen. I guess Chelle was super keen to prove she didn't care at all by putting way too much effort into pretending, you know? I do feel bad for the girl, even if she was always kind of a bitch. Don't blame Dav, though. From what I heard they wanted different things. He didn't wanna get married. Plus, when he went to college, he met some freaky chick that he kinda dug, and realised that Michelle wasn't the best of the best. I get it. I don't think that's relevant to it all, though. Not relevant to my involvement, anyways.

Obviously Chelle couldn't get that mad anyway. I mean, I'm pretty sure she's been screwing JT for months now. It's not uncommon, though. You know, for a small old-fashioned town, we do have some sluts. I don't mean that in a bad way. Let me rephrase. We have some independent, modern women. Like Courtney! She was there, although I didn't know much about her til the trip. Just some rumours which weren't really true.

You aren't interested in rumours, are you? It's the truth you want. We'll get there.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
it's all over the front page
An assortment of discarded items of clothing -- the garments who hadn't made the cut -- lay strewn across the carpeted floor of Michelle's bedroom as the aforementioned girl picked her way carefully through them. She stuffed another bra unceremoniously into a duffel bag at the foot of her bed, paused to sigh, and then let out an unholy scream of frustration, startling her witness so badly that the girl jumped and dropped her phone into her lap.

There was another pause, and Delphine gingerly sat up. "So... How are you feeling?"

What a stupid question. Michelle wanted, in a fleeting moment of anger, to rip Elfie's pretty little head from her narrow shoulders. How did she think she was feeling? Everything had fallen apart just when it was supposed to get better, and now she had to go on this trip and act like she was fine just because she'd insisted it all go ahead. People could be so selfish. It was like they didn't understand that she was in turmoil. Of course she had to pretend she wanted the campout to continue, it was up to the rest of them to read into her text message reply and preserve her pride.

Her painted lips stretched into a bright smile. "I'm fabulous! I'm excited. This is gonna be great."

Elfie's expression betrayed her uncertainty, but she nodded along anyway. That was one of the reasons Michelle liked the girl, besides her kindness and unfaltering loyalty: she'd drop a subject instantly if she thought her conversation partner was uncomfortable. Whether it was awkwardness or empathy, Michelle didn't care-- it made Elfie a prime candidate for a career as a minion.

Now that she was single, she needed backup more than ever. Single. Michelle Donahue, single. The shock had literally made her vomit the day before, but she was sure she'd get over it. Davion suggesting they split up wasn't a big deal. He was only her entire life.

Again: people could be so selfish.

Sometimes Michelle wondered if she was selfish. Vain, certainly, but she was so helpful. Could you be selfish if you'd already sacrificed so much to take care of your siblings? That absolved her of responsibility, surely. She was allowed to be a mythic bitch at school because she was a damn martyr in her personal life.

With a little more aggression than was necessary, she pulled the zip of her bag shut. Her breathing felt shallow, as though she was recovering from exercise, and she moved to the mirror to tap a little extra concealer around one of her eyes. That particular endeavour did not prove successful, and as a last resort she threw on a pair of tinted sunglasses even though the sun would be setting within the hour.

"Ready to go, Elf? I'll drive; Beck says we can ditch the car in the lot while we're away."

-

The motel was on the outskirts of town, but as the town really wasn't that big -- you could walk the circumference without a lot of effort -- it didn't take long for the girls to arrive. Judging by the fact that the few cars in the lot were unfamiliar, and that Beckham himself was perched on a wall alone puffing on a cigarette, Michelle guessed that they were the first to arrive.

It'd been a while since she'd properly hung out with Beck, but she'd consider them friends. After all, she'd been his first kiss when she was twelve, and that kind of bond didn't fade. Plus, he was a decent plug when she didn't feel like dealing with the others. She approached, Elfie trotting behind laden down with both girls' luggage, and leaned over to pluck a cigarette from the packet poking out of the boy's breast pocket.

He raised an eyebrow, but didn't comment. A set of keys hung from his belt-- keys to unlock the night ahead.

Highschool was over. Summer was starting.

Michelle didn't know it, but as she stood in the lot of the motel taking the first drag of her stolen cigarette, the wheels of what was to come were already turning.
michelle
MOOD: PISSED OFF

OUTFIT: X

INTERACTIONS: DELPHINE

MENTIONS: DAVION ; BECK

TAGS: N/A

TL;DR: A LOT OF WHINING ; ARRIVAL AT THE MOTEL
code by valen t.

Interactions:
Elfie, Michelle, Beck
Mood:
Excited :D
Outfit:
Link
Fish's Tale

Fish was sat criss cross on her bedroom floor, surrounded by the carnage of the night before. She was never great at keeping track of her things, so she spent what felt like an eternity the night before tearing apart her room looking for her duffle bag. Not that any of it mattered, because she found it in the backseat of her truck this morning. So now there she sat, surrounded by everything her closet had coughed up. To say that Fish was excited for the camping trip would have been the understatement of the year. She was having trouble finding interesting ways to fill her days post-graduation. Sure she's been logging more hours at the workshop, but that's not exactly her idea of a good time. Spending time with her friends has been good too, but even then it's been a while since everyone got together. Camping was just such a good idea, the weather was still warm without it being sticky hot, and the woods are nice and peaceful. Lord knows Fish could use some peace. She loved her family, truly, but god there was never a moment of quiet in her house. Fish isn't known for her soft demeanor by any means, but she probably got so loud just from being at home! You have to shout to make it over the chaos.

As if on cue, one of the younger kids screeched in excitement, or maybe terror, who's to say, and snapped Fish out of her trance. She stopped staring at the pile of clothes and got to it. It wasn't the neatest packing job, and her clothes will surely be wrinkled when she goes to wear them, but she didn't mind. She pulled the laces on her sneakers tight and bounded down the steps. She left a note on the fridge to remind her parents that she will be gone. She had mentioned the trip to them a few times, but they need to be reminded of things a lot. She never understood how people could be so forgetful. Keys in hand, Fish retreated back up the stairs to retrieve the packed duffle bag she had forgotten on her floor. Finally ready to leave, she peeled out of her driveway and headed towards the motel.

Fish spotted some familiar cars as she made her approach. She honked her horn and waved her arm wildly out the window, the biggest smile plastered on her face as she saw some of her friends in the parking lot. Her shoes crunched in the gravel as she hopped out of her car. She tossed her duffle over her shoulder and approached Elfie, Michelle, and Beck. "Hey hey!" She chirped. "You guys excited? I gotta tell ya, I've been looking forward to camping for like a millennium."
Not my circus, not my monkeys, but these clowns are all mine
coded by incandescent

mentions. margot, beck, kit, fish, michelle, elfie
outfit. here.
location. home // motel
tags. PinkChiffon PinkChiffon teenage witch teenage witch lvcid lvcid

though the music was loud and disoriented, thelma seemed oddly organized for her trip. her suitcase was almost filled to the brim with outfits, odd shoes, and accessories she probably wouldn't be needing for a vacation in the woods. nestled into the corner was a deck of tarot cards, a lighter, some candles - the essentials. almost all her friends called it fake-garbage, but it was fun to watch blair or fish squirm when she drew the devil card or the tower. this trip was possibly the only time she'd see her best friends for years. now that high school was over, they were all going on to their lives. she'd be in england, everyone else in college or working. truthfully, it scared her. she had spent plenty of nights with margot or kit crying over everything ending while they laughed at her for being so dramatic. but it was the truth - they would never be this close again.

"hey mom, do you know where my demonias are?" thelma called down to her mother's office.

"hon, aren't you going camping? shouldn't you maybe bring some sneakers - maybe hiking boots?"

"what the fuck are hiking boots? we're going to a lake, mom. not gilligan's island."

"check the mudroom, maybe? i think your dad tripped over them last night before we went to dinner."

before leaving, her mother insisted she take a tray of cornbread for margot and some assorted baked goods to give to beck as a thank you for organizing the whole thing. though slightly embarrassing, her mother genuinely loved them all. by the end of the summer, she wouldn't just be crying over thelma moving out, to say the least.

---

the exhaust coming out of thelma's plum volkswagen beetle was a little smellier than usual when she arrived to pick up margot. the piece-of-shit car was in dire need of a retirement, but the teenager refused to let it go. her parents practically begged to let them buy her another one, but she was in love with the old bastard. she would drive it until it keeled over.

thelma honked for an obscene amount of time before a face finally appeared at the door.

"get in! we have a schedule, you fucking druggie!"

the neighbors didn't particularly love her that day.

---

the pair dangerously sped into the parking lot, debris shooting from the ground. thelma rolled and windows down and clumsily pulled into a parking spot by the motel.

"afternoon, sexies!" she yelled to the formed-group as she opened her door. "i hope you weren't expecting a serene night."

yo. eta??????

uhhhh soon? idk just passed sum big trees

very helpful.

bitch, I'm driving. i'll get there when i get there!!!

fuck off and don't die

margot leblanc
Margot put off packing until an hour before she was supposed to leave. Typical.

The sound of 90s grunge music filled the air of the Leblanc attic as Margot scrambled around the messy space, picking up clothes and sniffing them before she threw them either at the open duffel bag sitting on the foot of her bed or into the opposite corner of the room. Every once in a while, her madness was interrupted by the sound of her phone buzzing, and she was forced to dig through piles of semi-dirty laundry to retrieve it. She'd been texting Thelma off-and-on all afternoon to try and figure out how much time she had before the other girl got there to pick her up. As usual, Thel was being her sarcastic, vaguely unhelpful self. Eventually, Maggie gave up on getting a definite answer from the girl and simply told her to "fuck off and don't die," which was her way of saying: I'm too busy for this right now, and you shouldn't be texting and driving anyway.

By the time Margot was done cramming things into her bag, she had thrown together an odd assortment of thick sweatshirts that would be too hot for an outdoor camping trip in the middle of summer, old t-shirts covered in paint and God-knows-what else, baggy jeans, one pair of bike shorts, and too many socks than she'd be logically needing. For good measure, she threw in a pair of scuffed-up sneakers and a couple of hats. She stood back, examining her work. It was an absolute disaster. "Fuck it."

Mags didn't have time to even think about putting her room back into some sort of order before she heard a car horn on the street outside. Peeking through the blinds, she recognized Thelma's purple VW Beetle sitting at the curb, a plume of exhaust emitting from its tail pipe in a thick, black cloud. Her eyes widened as she turned away, grabbing her things and hurrying out the door. "Bye mom!" she called to no one in particular. "Bye dad!" Her mom was at the grocery store, and her dad was at work, not that she much cared about the absence of either. She stuffed her feet into her chunky black sneakers as she haphazardly stumbled down the stairs. The horn of Thelma's car was still sounding as Margot dashed out of the garage door, skateboard in hand. "Bitch, I'm coming!" she yelled, dropping her board onto the concrete and riding down the obnoxiously long driveway that came along with having the house at the end of a cul-de-sac.

As Maggie reached Thelma's Beetle, she kicked her skateboard up into her waiting palm, threw open the back door of the car, and tossed in her belongings. She jogged around to the passenger seat and got in with a roll of her eyes. "Don't get your titties in a twist," she said, pulling down the visor so she could use its mirror to straighten the black bucket hat on her head. She fished the pack of cigarettes out of her back pocket and was about to light one when Thelma handed her a bag of cornbread, which was no doubt one of her mother's creations. "Hell, yeah!" The great thing about having a best friend with a great mom was that when Margot's mom forgot about her, Mrs. Von Baier was always there to pat her on the head and give her a snack. To be perfectly honest, Maggie would miss Thel's mom more than her own when she moved off.

When Thelma's car at last skidded into the parking lot of the hotel, Margot had nearly finished off the cornbread. What remained of it, she shoved into her duffel bag as she retrieved it from the backseat. The pair joined the group standing by the motel wall. "You guys can rest easy," Maggie assured them with a playful smile, her elbow resting on Thelma's shoulder, which was conveniently placed considering the height difference between the girls. "The fun has arrived."
location her house, then the motel mood pumped outfit here tags michelle, delphine, & beck teenage witch teenage witch ; isla PinkChiffon PinkChiffon ; & thelma sophie. sophie.
Smells Like Teen Spirit

Nirvana
3:12
-1:50
coded by incandescent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back